Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

Opinion on the Dvorak keyboard layout?

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

What inspired you to pick your avatar?

I'd been listening to Raiko's theme a bunch lately and I like her design, so I wanted to avi some art of her. And I like Touhou Puppet Dance Performance, which is what the art is from.

Are there any particular pieces of video game music that you think can truly transcend the limitation of "being made for a video game" and have a wider appeal? ("Once We Parts Ways" from Xenoblade Chronicles is one that I think does.)

On 5/9/2017 at 3:11 PM, Randoman said:

How would you describe yourself, personality-wise?

An introvert. Can become obsessive regarding my interests and oblivious to others when I'm boring/annoying them. Though also very self-conscious of trying to avoid that and to a degree is overly self-critical. Never bursting with personality on the surface. Also intellectual, indecisive, and a tad dramatic/poetic and melancholic.

Have you ever had a kolache?

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are there any particular pieces of video game music that you think can truly transcend the limitation of "being made for a video game" and have a wider appeal? ("Once We Parts Ways" from Xenoblade Chronicles is one that I think does.)

Er, I think that's true for most video game music? It is for me, anyway.

36 minutes ago, Randoman said:

What do you think are some of the most ridiculous online memes?

Honestly, almost all of the ones that involve image macros or stock captions. They're just so forced. Also stuff like Dat Boi or whatever. I miss when memes actually had a story behind them like the 4chan ones, even if 4chan is a terrible site

Opinions on taking Uber vs calling a taxi?

Would you rather put a lot of time into something and get a long-term return or put a little bit of time into something and get a short-term return?

On 5/9/2017 at 4:18 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

Favorite kind of bagel?

the "everything" bagels

Is there any particular reason you're so excited for Shadows of Valentia, or do you tend to get this excited for any game that's about to come out?

On 5/11/2017 at 0:13 AM, Randoman said:

What inspired you to pick out that specific username?

I've always liked the cold/snow/ice, so a while ago I was looking for a username for something else (I think Minecraft) and I was flipping through my Latin notes and thought "Rex Glacies! King of Ice!" Of course, in Latin "rex" was kind of a negative word, much like "dictator" is to modern English, but the other options were things like "dux" or "imperator," and those don't sound as cool.

Would you recommend buying Xenoblade X?

4 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Is there any particular reason you're so excited for Shadows of Valentia, or do you tend to get this excited for any game that's about to come out?

Both?

I enjoyed what I played of Gaiden, so seeing it remastered is great. Plus all the info and datamining hypes me up a ton.

I do generally get very hyped over new games in series I enjoy as well, although being secured or not to get it affects that a bit. As an example, I adore Splatoon 1, and while I am hyped for Splatoon 2, not owning a Switch, and probably not owning one for a long time, lowers my hype a bit. While with Echoes, I have it pre-ordered already, so I know I'll most likely have it Day 1.

Look out your window. What do you see?

On 5/12/2017 at 0:36 AM, Emerson said:

Would you recommend buying Xenoblade X?

Sort of. It's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, and it is the most "hardcore/mature" game that I've ever played. I mean, if you like exploration, open worlds, and giant robots, then yes. But you'd have to get through the difficult to learn combat controls, slightly violent combat, and cliffhanger ending.

I spoiled myself on the story a long while back. I'm still interested in the gameplay for sure, although I do have higher priorities with Zelda BotW.

Do you think we'll get answers to XC X's ending in XC 2 or an eventual sequel?

Just now, Rex Glacies said:

Look out your window. What do you see?

Window blinds Buildings and the Puget Sound.

Who are your top 3 favourite males and top 3 favourite females in Echoes?

On 5/11/2017 at 10:31 PM, GuiltyLove said:

Opinions on taking Uber vs calling a taxi?

I don't know what Uber is, and wikipedia didn't help me find an in-context definition. I've never rode in a taxi before, to my knowledge, so I don't think I can give a proper answer to that question, either way.

1 minute ago, Randoman said:

Who are your top 3 favourite males and top 3 favourite females in Echoes?

Uber is a taxi company similar to Lyft if you've heard of that. You can download apps on your phone to request a ride

Males: Not sure. Haven't played yet. Zeke will be one of them though

Females: Palla and Catria so far. Maybe one of the villagers or Celica?

Favorite type of soup?

Have you seen this video? (Yes, the official Pokemon channel released that video.)

20 hours ago, Emerson said:

I spoiled myself on the story a long while back. I'm still interested in the gameplay for sure, although I do have higher priorities with Zelda BotW.

Do you think we'll get answers to XC X's ending in XC 2 or an eventual sequel?

My theory is that Monolith Soft is sort of making two "subseries" of Xenoblade, these being the standard Xenoblade Chronicles, as well as the X series. So, not in XC 2, as so far it seems to have more in common with the original than it does in X. I mean, if they create a hypothetical "Xenoblade Chronicles X 2" then they'll answer some of the questions, but they'll probably make more questions as well.

Once you get your SF interview, what kind of questions are you hoping to get? Are there any particular topics you're hoping to be asked about like RPG related questions or questions about other hobbies like camping?

On 5/13/2017 at 3:55 PM, GuiltyLove said:

Uber is a taxi company similar to Lyft if you've heard of that. You can download apps on your phone to request a ride

Males: Not sure. Haven't played yet. Zeke will be one of them though

Females: Palla and Catria so far. Maybe one of the villagers or Celica?

Favorite type of soup?

Ah. Well, either way, I've never taken a taxi unless it was when I was really young as a kid, so I can't give a proper answer to that.

Also, I should point out that in this thread, you're supposed to answer questions from posts that are below yours, not above. So currently, you're supposed to be answering Rex Glacies question about the Pokemon video, since that's the question below your last post in this thread.

As for my favourite type of soup, kimchi soup comes to mind. I really like the spicy and strong flavour.

How easily do you get sick compared to most people you know? For example, if a lot of people at school/work get sick (like with a cough), are you one of the early ones who get sick, one of the late ones who get sick, or you usually don't get sick at all even when others do?

On 5/15/2017 at 11:42 AM, GuiltyLove said:

Who is your favorite Power Ranger?

It'd probably be Cam from Ninja Storm.

6 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

In a good or bad way?

You can list both.

Why haven't you chosen a different member badge and favorite FE on this site?

On 5/15/2017 at 0:38 PM, Randoman said:

Once you get your SF interview, what kind of questions are you hoping to get? Are there any particular topics you're hoping to be asked about like RPG related questions or questions about other hobbies like camping?

Like, anything? I'll simply be glad to receive the interview, and will likely enjoy any and all of the questions, provided I have the time to answer them all. But I suppose I'm hoping a bit more for "in real life" questions about my personality and hobbies, as well as intellectual stuff like my favorite historical time periods.

How do you pick images to use for avatars? Do you generally plan in advance or do you just see a picture and decide "hey, that'd make a good avi" and go with it?

9 hours ago, Randoman said:

How easily do you get sick compared to most people you know? For example, if a lot of people at school/work get sick (like with a cough), are you one of the early ones who get sick, one of the late ones who get sick, or you usually don't get sick at all even when others do?

You can list both.

I don't get sick very often.

I can't actually think of specific examples either at the moment.

What is it that makes you like Minerva so much? (Don't get me wrong- Minerva is quite awesome. I'm just asking what makes you think she's so cool.)

On 5/17/2017 at 10:59 PM, Robert of Normandy said:

How do you pick images to use for avatars? Do you generally plan in advance or do you just see a picture and decide "hey, that'd make a good avi" and go with it?

I plan in advance, then see a pic and think "hey, that'd make a good avi" and go with it. I'm horrible at sticking to plans- one day I'll think "Ok, you can change your avi into this character at the end of the month," and the next day I'll think "Let's find a cool pic on the internet and use it as a new avi!"

The latter thought is always the one that prevails.

Which of the seven capital sins are you most prone to? (Eg: pride, anger, lust)

On 5/17/2017 at 9:52 PM, Rex Glacies said:

Why haven't you chosen a different member badge and favorite FE on this site?

It's because people on SF sadly haven't risen above bashing on whatever FE character you have on your badge or whatever FE you have listed as your favourite every time you speak badly of an FE character/game you personally don't like. At least the way I have it now, people have little to no fuel to use against me when I express how much I don't like a certain FE character/game.