Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

i could finish 17 in literally 2 hours but lack any sort of motivation to do so

all the events are scripted, it's just the enemy balance i have to get through

so i guess i should say 17x

all the maps for aukema are done btw, i just need scripts for 18 and 19 and a couple of mugs

oh

and 3 custom animations

lol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Status Update

So yeah I haven't worked on this in about 5 months but I'm finally getting on it.

The DoF team has finally start working on this again, we're streamlining all the gameplay bits since the alteration of how the exp formula works messed up a lot of enemy stats. I also had to edit a lot of enemies according to player levels since the change in the exp formula makes levels slightly skewed. (Player units end up one or two levels higher, really). We've gotten to testing up till about chapter 9 on both routes, and we started yesterday.

We are also working on fixing annoying reinforcement shit like some early ambush spawns. (Their spawning locations were changed, and one of the maps was condensed, so we're removing them)

And things like this:

stupid things like this

We are also tightening the turn limit on Chapters 5/6/7B, they're a bit too large.

In terms of new content, I've mentioned that we have all the Aukema maps done and dialogue is basically finished up to chapter 18 which is the second last chapter that will be in the upcoming patch. Eclipse just needs to write chapter 19 and all the new journal entries. Cal will work on the world map blurbs (whenever I get around to talking to him about it) and the world map events will finally have portraits.

After gameplay and events are finished, we will need to work on graphics, Jubby is working on constructing a changed level up box, I will need to finish several promotion battle animations for our lords and we have a hefty amount of mugs to complete, polish and redo.

EDIT: Our support conversation writers have also begun working on, well, supports! Be prepared for some supports in the upcoming patch!

In the new patch, you will have a moveable convoy from the very beginning. Amazingly enough, this changes some strategies in chapters. A notable chapter where this makes a big impact is chapter 5, where you have to flee to a fort on the other side of the map. Instead of leaving the convoy you can bring her, unfortunately that means that the fighter reinforcements and wyvern reinforcements will chase you down, which caused me several problems when doing the chapter. Enemies have been buffed in str skill and weaponry but they've also been nerfed in terms of durability, making it slightly easier to ko enemy units. (2 rounding instead of 3 rounding). Also, we're going to introduce some new weapons, following Alfred's idea of making useful devil weapons, we are going to make a Devil light tome so that priests and clerics can actually do something and deal high damage, but at a possible risk. Good thing they have high luck usually, huh?

If you guys have any ideas on improving things, (or bugs, those are good as well) feel free to post.

SISTAH.png

Edited by AstraLunaSol

. . . YES! I just . . . YES!

i cant wait to see all the improvements in this in the new patch, i wish you all the luck in it's content and god's speed on the progress.

i was thinking of making a screen shot LP of the next patch when it comes out actually, if that's alright. i mean game play seems like it's going to be trimmed down a bit and I'm glad for that.

your slowly working out all the kinks and I'm happy about that \['v']/

I wanna ask if Garath would have more usability in later levels since I really like him, but after you said that enemies would be easier to kill, I guess that'll help him out. I'd ask if Crowe could be a little better, but he seems fine, too. I guess it'd be nice to know how many supports will be available in the next patch, since I'm a support fanatic and I can't go a single game without having all my characters support someone and call myself a fan.

out of curiosity will we get a good tank earlier this time

still excited. . .

Oh yeah, my intense bias for knights and generals. Will we get any of those?

i was thinking of making a screen shot LP of the next patch when it comes out actually, if that's alright. i mean game play seems like it's going to be trimmed down a bit and I'm glad for that.

your slowly working out all the kinks and I'm happy about that \['v']/

Only one map is trimmed down in size, but it should be faster to kill things. Go for it.

I wanna ask if Garath would have more usability in later levels since I really like him, but after you said that enemies would be easier to kill, I guess that'll help him out. I'd ask if Crowe could be a little better, but he seems fine, too. I guess it'd be nice to know how many supports will be available in the next patch, since I'm a support fanatic and I can't go a single game without having all my characters support someone and call myself a fan.

Garath is useful until the very end of the routes. He has access to the greatbow, which means that he can get 3 range. Only Enjolras can do that before promotion, and that's only if you get his tome in chapter 10. He also has a pretty high speed growth, 40%, which can prolong his usability, especially if you are taking the Onduris route, which is plagued by dracos. I had a list of the supports in this patch, but I have no idea where it went, I'll definitely have a list for the next patch. If I remember, that is.

out of curiosity will we get a good tank earlier this time

still excited. . .

No, unit placements did not get altered in any way. The earliest "tank" you get would be Garath, just due to his mediocre defence and high HP. Juan from chapter 6 would be next since he has 12 base defence and good hp, but can get peppered by arrows. Arcus is really the first true tank you get, then Jauger comes in Chapter 16 as a knight.

Oh yeah, my intense bias for knights and generals. Will we get any of those?

Jauger is a knight, he's in the screenshot I just posted.

wrt Crowe buff: IMO crowe's about as good as you're gonna get with an archer of appropriate level without going into skill implementations and such (which we don't have the necessary resources for). Especially with the damage buff/defense nerf of enemies, you want to reduce the time you spend taking damage and I found Crowe very useful for that. He's around lv 14 or so on my current test run (I just finished testing 11a) and he's one of the two units on my team who can really reliably ORKO anything that isn't promoted or an armor (he's about +1 in both str and spd so it shouldn't differ much from his performance at averages) which is nice.

But I dunno I tested this thing too many times

you can always pray for my luck with kolbane, he always turn out pretty tank for me

Edited by Thor Odinson

Question: I reloaded my previous save files for DoF and noticed that I had several units that were well over lv 10 (like 17+)...and i was wondering if you were going to add any more promotion items before the final chapters (of this patch) since i believe you only supplied us with a rosary (troubadours, priests, sisters) and a bladed crest (mercs, myrmidons, and fighters)?