[OUTDATED] Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

I ended up getting Lia significantly above 10...think I promoted her at level 18 or so for the last chapter(s)? Lots of Mend staff spamming. Karen ended up pretty high too since the Physic staff gives more exp and I used up the whole thing, she might have ended the hack around level 15 maybe.

Compared to some FEs, Dream of Five has very long maps with no Warp/Rescue and I think the staff exp formulas are more generous overall. I had an easier time leveling healers here than in most games.

Edited by -Cynthia-

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's more generous precisely because we felt that staffexp was far too slow for healers in most official FEs, and that it's difficult to level them unless you really force yourself to heal every little unnecessary thing and go really slow and DoF's not exactly generous on cash at points. I don't particularly go for efficiency, but I play a bit more fast paced than the average casual speed, and I usually have trouble levelling healers as well.

I dismissed your opinion because you do not play casually, but I do.

if by "casually" you mean loitering around and spamming EXP wherever possible, then no, i don't play that way. if you mean the dictionary definition, i.e. "relaxed and unconcerned," then of course i played casually the couple of times i played DoF.

and I don't want to argue balance using other rules.

why not? why are my "rules" or expectations automatically less applicable than yours?

Personally I never get my healers to level 20 except in Shadow Dragon sometimes. They just fall behind in stats and movement otherwise. I do usually manage to get them into the 12-14 range though.

About raising hit on weapons - will that apply to the majority of weapons (ie iron/steel/silver varieties) or just to the enemy-only weapons?

Enemy only

if by "casually" you mean loitering around and spamming EXP wherever possible, then no, i don't play that way. if you mean the dictionary definition, i.e. "relaxed and unconcerned," then of course i played casually the couple of times i played DoF.

It's not "Loitering around". It's called "Optimizing EXP gains". :newyears:

In the Tactical-RPG genre, I'm one of those people who care less about the Tactical strategies and more about the RPG development. My Asher was 20, Melissa 17 and Lia 20/1 before the start of chapter 14 Musain. Which is about on par with what I would get on a regular FE game at a point where I reach large maps with Dracozombies.

So even though I'm the opposite of a LTCer, I don't think DoF strays really far away from the usual curb. The maps are just more condensed, so it feels like characters are growing faster than they should be, even though the enemies match in power.

I still think that the promotion items should have started coming at least one map earlier, though. (Checking back at my file, pretty much everyone in my main team is close to lv20) And that imposing a turn limit on every map to force everyone to play semi-LTC would be pretty narrow-minded and poor design.

Er, I have another question. Lol you probably hate me by now.

Will the Gold Edge EVER be explained in the story? Like where she got it, or where it came from? Because, she just kinda... appears with it. Will Ralinor (That guy at the end of the FEE3 video: Is he Renair's dad or something???) ever acknowledge that Renair has the gold edge? Does Renair's attitude change after she *apparently* figures out she's a noble? Heck, how does Ralinor know that Renair's apparently his daughter? Why am I asking all these questions!?

Will the Gold Edge EVER be explained in the story?

Yes

Will not answer the others because you'll see everything when the new patch comes out

The story's not even halfway done in the current patch. If there's unexplained things, chances are, it WILL be explained later. We have most of this planned out already, so whatever we put in has a reason to be there.

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Yes

Will not answer the others because you'll see everything when the new patch comes out

The story's not even halfway done in the current patch. If there's unexplained things, chances are, it WILL be explained later. We have most of this planned out already, so whatever we put in has a reason to be there.

Oh, okay.

Also: Will the other lords get forced promos, or promotion items?

Gosh, stop hyping me up. I'm getting impatient D:

Edited by PixelmanFE

//patpat

It's okay I get pretty hype about eclipse writing things and I'm in the team and knows what happens

Reading it in well-written dialogue is always much better than some bullet point outlines, giant tldr paragraphs, and saved skype chatlotgs that Astra and I wrote as some kind of a synopsis/rough guide for the plot lol

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Narga_Rocks, November 2, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Narga_Rocks, November 2, 2013 - No reason given

(well i guess last post got deleted so this is useless now mods please delete)

Yes

I've been busy with stuff like keeping the forums from burning down. IF THE FORUMS DON'T BLOW UP AGAIN, I'll have time on Saturday.

Trepanation, before posting, I would like you to ask yourself what you are adding to the relevant topic. Perhaps actually reading people's posts saying that the issues you complain about so readily have already been resolved might help you in your task of becoming a better poster. In a similar vein, blatant hypocrisy does not lend weight to your rather shaky arguments. In fact, I would argue that many of your balance complaints seem largely to ignore the fact that different people play in different ways. I would in fact move to suggest that a screenshot of a pegasus knight on one of your runs having Equal (the Same) ranks in swords and spears is largely unhelpful and irrelevant.

If you want to help, then by all means, do so. But literally nothing you have said so far in this thread has been of any use to anyone.

I know Supports aren't finished yet, but I think I remember you guys saying the actual table was finished? Either way, I'm playing Onduris route now and I just realised that Karen supports Seymour but Seymour doesn't support Karen.

There doesn't seem to be a door event for the southwest door in chapter 13? never mind

Camera on the reinforcements would be nice

you can steal the Alch's Glove YESSSSSS

Edited by Agro

tumblr_mt4upmfPLE1rlhuboo1_500.png

Qmlbo3y.png

Ghost archers?! How did you program this? Are they invisible? How did Marius find one? Is he... is he a ghostbuster???

Oh god

Oh my gods

I can't believe I am logging in just to tell you this

LOOK AT THE HP BAR

I don't even play Dream of Five

You are such a

Camera on the reinforcements would be nice

you can steal the Alch's Glove YESSSSSS

...I vaguely remember the FEE3 video not pointing out reinforcements as they spawned. Didn't MK404 have to go hunting for the new arrivals every time "I heard SPAWNS!"?

With that Alch's Glove, I suspect that's not going to be a possibility in future patches. There was a big discussion on the matter (before I even joined Serenes, but I have skimmed a fair bit of the thread) where I think the end conclusion was the whole affair was going to be fiddled with. It was a bit vague though, and Astra's last comments on the matter sounded like he was cracking jokes, so don't hold me to that. But if the possibility is removed, there's the incentive with progressing with existing save files!

(Thread Page #155 if you want to go read it yourself).

...I'm not commenting any more on the healer matter, I think everything's been said that needs to be said.

Pixelman: Will the Gold Edge ever be explained in story?

Ezio: Yes, not explaining anything else.

Me: I think we've already got enough information on the matter. I mean, it's pretty obvious foreshadowing isn't it? How does someone 'of common birth' and in a lowly position get their hands on a gold sword (short of looting it)? This isn't the first time I've seen the 'mysterious heirloom' plot device, and Renair's Gold Edge was ringing my plot alarm bells within the first couple of chapters. But then I tend to overthink these trivial (at the time) matters anyway.

Also: Will the other lords get forced promos, or promotion items?

...I'd also like to know this, but I can hazard a guess. I suspect it will follow the vanilla FE7 approach of the main lord (Renair) forced promoting through plot related reasons, and the other two getting items. Especially as Astra's given a definitive time for Renair to promote, but only a vague "Ch.18/19ish" for Seymour/Arcus. (Thread page #174).

I mean, it's pretty obvious foreshadowing isn't it? How does someone 'of common birth' and in a lowly position get their hands on a gold sword (short of looting it)?

woah

you mean the protagonist of a fire emblem game is royalty?

next you'll be telling me there is secretly an ancient and malevolent force behind the enemies' actions

I know Supports aren't finished yet, but I think I remember you guys saying the actual table was finished? Either way, I'm playing Onduris route now and I just realised that Karen supports Seymour but Seymour doesn't support Karen.

Oh shit that's something to look into

The list is finished, yes. Probably an oversight.

I've been busy with stuff like keeping the forums from burning down. IF THE FORUMS DON'T BLOW UP AGAIN, I'll have time on Saturday.

\o/

Well, take your time. Whatever's convenient for you, no rush~