[OUTDATED] Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Eclipse: 0 growths would probably be impossible, or at least highly improbable on Musain route due to the setup of one chapter known as 9A. Onduris may be possible, but not sure.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

ALL RIGHT, THAT'S IT!

Which chapter does the route split occur on? I intend on doing both paths with my awful team, to see if it's possible.

I also hope there's some income soon, because I'm running out of weapons, fast.

9A isn't too bad if you're prepared, but I can definitely see how it's could be a bitch for a first time player, especially if your team is underleveled.'

Eclipse, if you can't do 9A with your team, I'll give you my save. From the looks of your team, if the RNG doesn't pick up sometime soon, you could get really screwed there with your team. Daaamn.

If you do manage 9A and your team is still that screwed, you deserve another medal.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

Screw that; if I somehow make it through 9A with this team, I'd like a boss named in my honor (or something). Doubly so if I don't get any more money before the hack ends!

Chapter 6 DONE! Time to see if I can figure out 6x.

I did a save state right at the route split, so after this, I do Onduris. It will be painful, but at least Crowe's attempting to cooperate.

EDIT: I'm on Chapter 8A. . .and I sent a certain someone to shop, so he doesn't have weapons! Meanwhile, Renair's fast but fragile, and *snip* doesn't seem like a wall, either. WTF?!

Edited by Clipseykitty

Warning: FE noob.

Wow...This game. I just finished Chapter 5 and I feel my will to keep playing slowly slipping away. Freaking Cavaliers.

I hate using jegans, but, even though I know this is obvious, this is almost impossible without Furet. But that won't stop me from trying to use him as little as possible (which made Chapter 5 that much harder).

I may have to give in and start using him. He has fresh weapons, something no one else can brag about, and I feel like he's laughing at me from the sidelines, holding his shiny Greatbow before my desperate eyes.

I don't know how much longer I can hold out, nearly Furetless with just one Wing Spear use left, but at least things will run a little more smoothly in the next patch.

Oh, and let me guess. That's a troll arena in Chapter 6, isn't it?

It gets a ton easier after chapter 5. Trust me. Chapter 5 is the earlygame apex of difficulty.

About 8A: all I can say is...use them forests. And yeah, Renair's durability is...kinda sorta really crappy.

as long as chapter 5 doesn't turn off too many people, it can stay as hard as it is.

Or it can stay as it is no matter how many people it turns off, because it's perfectly possible, and it's not ALS's fault if people aren't good enough at FE to beat it :P

as long as chapter 5 doesn't turn off too many people, it can stay as hard as it is.

...Turn off?

Its perfectly beatable, though I am curious about what you meant about turn off. Are you horny all the time?

I actually like the difficulty of the game so far. While I did complain about Chapter 5, it didn't take long to beat.

What really makes this game difficult so far (IMO) is the amount of money you have, how you manage it with your items, and the reinforcements that are either ridiculously strong, plentiful, or yield no experience.

Every chapter was beatable, more so when you know what to expect. Furet probably makes this a heck of a lot easier, as well.

The chapters seem to follow the same theme, though. You have beat the chapters quickly, or else the reinforcements will drain your weapons and/or kill you. Realistically, this makes perfect sense; you don't expect to kill everyone in a war/skirmish then again, we only have teenagers and people in their 20s fighting.

Starting right now...stats at the start of chapter 4...do not ask me for my turn counts or the remaining weapon uses :P:

Currently using the thief in place of Renair...since they share the same stats but Stealing >>>>>> Gold Edge ;):

post-3142-069286800 1314766961_thumb.png

I hate using jegans, but, even though I know this is obvious, this is almost impossible without Furet. But that won't stop me from trying to use him as little as possible (which made Chapter 5 that much harder).

Bluntly, if you aren't using the character designed to make early- and early midgame easier, that's no fault of the game.

I made it to Chapter 9A! Time for me to not die!

(in other words, Juan's finally cooperating, and go other person! Renair's level 15 or so. . .is that bad?)

EDIT: I DID IT! It took several resets!! Proof below:

[spoiler=Strategy for 9A]I first had Seren equip the Javelin, then rescued her with Juan. Lia ran to the nearby forest, and Renair skirted the Hand Axe dude, while equipping the Lancereaver. I dropped Seren off on the other side of the mountain, then managed to fetch Lia. Renair switched to Iron Sword and made a run for the southern island. Amelia and Ilanice walked when they could, then Ilanice said "Screw this", picked up Amelia, and ran to the center thingy. Furet and Kolbane visited the two villages, got stuff, and headed to the two nearby forts. Ilanice dropped Amelia on one. Juan was in range to immediately rescue Crowe, while Chester kinda stood on a fort, laughing at the bandits. The second rescue chain was Ilanice getting Kolbane, Adrian, and Amelia out of that walled area. The boss was nice enough to mosey close to Renair, who got Lumi's Killing Edge via an odd trade chain, and critted twice to end the map. Even with one critical, Crowe was there to lodge a very accurate arrow into the boss' face.

[spoiler=Proof of kill]hL3RW.png

Jtasb.png

[spoiler=Stats, start of Chapter 10A]zmEsC.png

LU4qS.png

MKiHK.png

dTw1h.png

36dJL.png

jKVwj.png

BnqNp.png

oHtlE.png

4pI5t.png

57LrK.png

gSHDg.png

yrpRe.png

sIBSd.png

xxBNF.png

Edited by Clipseykitty

Screw that; if I somehow make it through 9A with this team, I'd like a boss named in my honor (or something).

Pick a class.

On another note entirely, we really ought to switch out that Berserker mapsprite for one that actually fits a berserker.