[OUTDATED] Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

Yeah, Ducann thing has been fixed in the newer editions. And yay LumiKolbA :D

LumiGabe doesn't support, though.

He does support with one of the people related to Lumi storylinewise, but that's not in this patch o 3o

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be helpful if Renair's bases didn't absolutely blow. She's 2 spd faster than Kolbane at base (and absolutely reliant on the Gold Edge to maintain the spd lead) and loses everything else. Having to seize most maps means that she doesn't have the liberty to go off somewhere and train like Kolbane does. I guess most people won't have this problem, but I might as well voice my personal preference here because not many other people will.

I think the best possible improvement would just be to make her a little stronger at base. Quite often I found her unable to snag KOs even on weakened enemies because she couldn't 2HKO when doubling.

Another recommendation is to drop base staff EXP gain to 15. Lia levels up just fine for me but way too quickly for everyone else.

Are you planning on doing anything about the having 3 sword users in the first 4 chapters thing?

Yeah, you'd have to take down speed and skill for sure.

But at any rate, that would require more rebalancing than is probably happening. And I'm fond of MercKolb.

I'll jump in with Dondon here and admit the main reason i don't like Renair is due to her horrid base stats. Sure i don't complete chapters at the speed of god like Dondon Does, but i also don't EXP grind.

Hell i bet when i replay this i'll be going "why am i using her? Kolbane and Lumi are 10 times better"

I kinda like Kolbane as a Merc, but that's probably cause I'm not really fond of Cavaliers. The lack of axe users in the first 6 or so chapters is kinda annoying. Dof 3.0 is so much better than previous versions. Keep up the good work.

Edited by deranger

I'd be fine with slightly improved bases for Renair if we lower her growths accordingly for it.

But seriously, if someone wants to do a female pirate->berserker battlesprite, I have no qualms of Lumi going pirate. I'm picky with quality though.

Though, what's the point of using other units beyond personality and preferential reasons if they don't have anything over the lord?

Edited by Luminescent Blade

That's not up to par with my graphic quality requirements. Try again.

The battle animation is actually pretty good IMO. Is there anything that you don't like about it graphics-wise?

Edit: I guess I sort of get your point, but it's not that bad.

Edited by ThatKittyDownTheStreet

The battle animation is actually pretty good IMO. Is there anything that you don't like about it graphics-wise?

Edit: I guess I sort of get your point, but it's not that bad.

If I can make a better one should I put the effort into it, then it's not good enough.

And I'm not even that great of a battlespriter.

Though, I don't want the 100+frame (total between normal, crit, dodge, etc) animation I made for Lumi's promotion go to waste anyway. And if there's a femPirate there needs a femzerker and if the zerkchick isn't at least as buff as the Diablo III barbarian chick, it's no-go.

Rebuilding ROM? What happened, had to restart from a clean ROM? You wouldn't be the first, nay, most hacks with a decent amount of effort put into them have restarted, barring TU and a few others I can't remember the names of

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

Rebuilding ROM? What happened, had to restart from a clean ROM? You wouldn't be the first, nay, most hacks with a decent amount of effort put into them have restarted, barring TU and a few others I can't remember the names of

It's not that I "had" restart, it's just far more preferable.

Less wasted space, more organization as to where things go in the rom, better management of items/classes

And the fact that some things like glitchy promotion were what made me restart. (Can't promote in the prep screen)

Basically, I know a lot more than when I first started, and I feel that if I do this, everything can be polished far more.

I see, yeah, that's what most people say. Don't get the wrong idea, I am not trying to be rude, just wondering since it seems like so many hacks go through this--EN just got a restart, ASD got a fresh start a few times, and some of my old friends' hacks went through the same thing. It's like it's fate for every hack to go through it o_O

It would be helpful if Renair's bases didn't absolutely blow. She's 2 spd faster than Kolbane at base (and absolutely reliant on the Gold Edge to maintain the spd lead) and loses everything else. Having to seize most maps means that she doesn't have the liberty to go off somewhere and train like Kolbane does. I guess most people won't have this problem, but I might as well voice my personal preference here because not many other people will.

Even if Renair is reliant on the Gold Edge to maintain her lead... why is that a problem? It has plenty of uses, and Renair is significantly better with it than Kolbane is with anything.

Plus, Renair doesn't have to seize that often. Chapter 3, 6, and 7. There are plenty of other types of chapters, which mixes things up. Plus, she has access to 6x, 8, and 9, so she really has more opportunities to gain EXP if anything.

Are you planning on doing anything about the having 3 sword users in the first 4 chapters thing?

five, actually. Ilanice, Renair, Kolbane, Lumi, and Chester. I guess Ilanice isn't a mono-swordie.

Perhaps Lumi could be recruited later and someone else could be moved up?

Even if Renair is reliant on the Gold Edge to maintain her lead... why is that a problem? It has plenty of uses, and Renair is significantly better with it than Kolbane is with anything.

Plus, Renair doesn't have to seize that often. Chapter 3, 6, and 7. There are plenty of other types of chapters, which mixes things up. Plus, she has access to 6x, 8, and 9, so she really has more opportunities to gain EXP if anything.

five, actually. Ilanice, Renair, Kolbane, Lumi, and Chester. I guess Ilanice isn't a mono-swordie.

Perhaps Lumi could be recruited later and someone else could be moved up?

You could try switching Juan and Lumi, that could work. Though Juan might become a bit OP, and Ilanice and him can easily help with clearing the Fog chapter really quickly.

Agree that it's fine that Renair needs the gold edge. But no

I wasn't implying that it was a problem; I was just stating that she basically can't use anything other than the Gold Edge because Iron Sword is too weak MT-wise and everything else is too heavy.

She also has to recruit a lot of enemy units, which forces her to go to certain places of the map. It's a lot like seizing in that case.