[OUTDATED] Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

do you all find this any easier to read?

copies.png

I used an outdated palette at first, ^ that's what it's supposed to be

My only real beef with it is that the stat bars blend in too much (I think if it used the colour of the equipped weapon highlight instead of blue it would look better). Other than that, I think it is perfectly fine. :)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think the stat numbers should be that purple-y black ish thing? :3

I think eCut means that the bars (the ones that fill up with yellow IDK how to descirbe it better) should be a different color than the background.

I think eCut means that the bars (the ones that fill up with yellow IDK how to descirbe it better) should be a different color than the background.

Haha yes, those things. :P I am not really sure what to call them...

Because it's necessary for every single option in everything to be liked by everyone. I hate every single SF background except Rajaion Red, so obviously Vincent should change every background that isn't Rajaion Red just for me, right?

It's more of a complete disregard of suggestions and concerns from a portion of the user base (Which larger than just me). I'm already satisfied with Astra's answer but by all means, continue making ridiculous comparisons. They amuse me.

It's more of a complete disregard of suggestions and concerns from a portion of the user base (Which larger than just me). I'm already satisfied with Astra's answer but by all means, continue making ridiculous comparisons. They amuse me.

cop-out also cop·out (kpout)

n. Slang

1. A failure to fulfill a commitment or responsibility or to face a difficulty squarely.

2. A person who fails to fulfill a commitment or responsibility.

3. An excuse for inaction or evasion.

It isn't an excuse or cop-out, people have said they have absolutely no issue with it. If he were to change it he would be disregarding the entirety of the userbase who has stated that they are fine with it. The ridiculous comparison was almost entirely to make fun of you, but the fun part is that it's still largely comparable to you calling a legitimate decision on whether or not they should change a background just because a few people dislike it in ridiculousness. In fact, if you were to then state that you dislike two of the other backgrounds but are fine with the last and call it a cop-out when you're told to just use the one you like you would be doing the exact same thing as my comparison. Also, I like how you added the "They amuse me." bit at the end to show off how wonderfully smug you are about the fact that you got me to post that comparison. It's rather cute.

cop-out also cop·out (kpout)

n. Slang

1. A failure to fulfill a commitment or responsibility or to face a difficulty squarely.

2. A person who fails to fulfill a commitment or responsibility.

3. An excuse for inaction or evasion.

It isn't an excuse or cop-out, people have said they have absolutely no issue with it. If he were to change it he would be disregarding the entirety of the userbase who has stated that they are fine with it. The ridiculous comparison was almost entirely to make fun of you, but the fun part is that it's still largely comparable to you calling a legitimate decision on whether or not they should change a background just because a few people dislike it in ridiculousness. In fact, if you were to then state that you dislike two of the other backgrounds but are fine with the last and call it a cop-out when you're told to just use the one you like you would be doing the exact same thing as my comparison. Also, I like how you added the "They amuse me." bit at the end to show off how wonderfully smug you are about the fact that you got me to post that comparison. It's rather cute.

Enough. If you wish to continue your quarrelling then do so privately.

It is fine to give your opinions on the status screen but it's to the point where it has become petty arguing.

My issue with it is that a background should be just that: a background. However, because the creators have used such bold and intense colors, they've now brought the background into the foreground where it competes with the stat and weapon text for the viewer's attention. If you were to "dull down" the colors by making them less saturated, the background would once again become what it was meant to be.

You can say "use a different one" all you want but, as many of you also say, critique should be considered rather than disregarded.

Enough. If you wish to continue your quarrelling then do so privately.

It is fine to give your opinions on the status screen but it's to the point where it has become petty arguing.

I see none of either.

My issue with it is that a background should be just that: a background. However, because the creators have used such bold and intense colors, they've now brought the background into the foreground where it competes with the stat and weapon text for the viewer's attention. If you were to "dull down" the colors by making them less saturated, the background would once again become what it was meant to be.

You can say "use a different one" all you want but, as many of you also say, critique should be considered rather than disregarded.

Oh, so you do have legitimate critique beyond a worthless "I find it distracting"? Would have been nice if you said it before you called Astra's decision a cop-out.

They've heard the complaints, there isn't any point in arguing about it further. Take it to PM if it enthralls you so!

I'm sure the author doesn't appreciate silly arguments in his thread; if you really support the hack then you would do your best not to clutter its thread up.

I'm sure the author doesn't appreciate silly arguments in his thread; if you really support the hack then you would do your best not to clutter its thread up.

actually i would love to have an ongoing petty argument in my hack thread because it brings a lot of attention

so i disagree

Lightly put I think that using such a myriad of different colors might detract from the uniqueness of each one, i.e. it could probably use a little more contrast so that backgrounds remain backgrounds and the eyes focus on the brighter objects placed on them, if that makes sense.

Haha I love blazer's improv account name lol

Aye, as Jubs said, it isn't the place to tell him that. You should have pm'd or commented on his profile.

If only Amelia had more skill...

So that this isn't completely off topic: is Guy's animation for all male swordmasters or only xin'Khen?

Edited by Matt Snow

Well it's not the default for the SM, anyway. Idk if it's used for other people later on in-game, but most male sm's use the regular anim. :P

her skill's not thaaaat bad, it's her combination of poor speed and skill that makes me sad :(