anyone interested in a small project?

Claude C Kenny

hacking Marth and Roy into FE7.

so we can finally answer the age-old question: are Marth and Roy in this game?

Roy already has a portrait and sprites in FE6, though he'd need blinking frames(maybe). im not sure about the whole 'flaming sword of battle' animation for the SoS, but I think they both should just use regular animations for all weapons.

Marth would need someone to do a full portrait, and battle sprites, although it doesn't have to be fancy(think about his sprites from SD). alternatively, he could be a custom swordmaster.

I would work on the stats, supports, where they start from, etc, but obviously would still pass everything by the team before making it official.

also, since Marth and Roy are also rapier users, I would like to find a way to allow them to use it, while not making them a lord. they're just regular units, though they retreat when hurt.

alternatively, instead of roy, we could do marth & jeigan, marth & shiida, etc.

im not even going to consider starting work on this unless I get at least 3 people interested, as that should be all we would need for something so small. it's mostly to cover the things that I wouldn't be able to do, otherwise, i'd do it myself.

I'll post more details later if this actually takes off.

Edited by Claude_C_Kenny

Seems something fun to do, I'll give it a shot, I can have a Roy mug for FE7 done though you'll have to wait a couple hours. Oh and a question, who else might be in this hack?

Will there be custom characters and events?

Just wondering and all not trying to pressure you or anything

Edited by hithere1

But, Roy's already got a mug in FE6. It's very easy to bring it over. Why not try and make a better Marth mug?

Well first thinking about how FE8 and FE7 have different colors, but then I realized that FE7 and FE6 are pretty much the same, though blinking frames will be needed.

I'll probably make a Marth mug that fits what Marth looks in FE11 and FE12

Thanks for the idea Claude and Seph

Wait how can you put Roy in FE7, if he isn't even born yet at the time the game takes place? =O

I already thought about that, that's why I suggested some other SD characters that still made sense. but mainly, it's to answer the joke question of Marth and Roy being in this game.

I think he means an FE7 hack.

Anyway I made blinking frames for Roy and recolored his palette to have colors of Eliwood, here it is:

Roy.png

Hope you guys like it!

that portrait looks really good, but why is the mini-portrait so close to the main portrait? will that affect anything?

i'm glad to see this is taking off. right now, the only planned characters are Marth and Roy, but if the idea catches on, I can see some other characters making it in.

Edited by Tangerine

I already thought about that, that's why I suggested some other SD characters that still made sense. but mainly, it's to answer the joke question of Marth and Roy being in this game.

I already answered this question with making a Roy My Unit in FE12. :awesome:

that portrait looks really good, but why is the mini-portrait so close to the main portrait? will that affect anything?

i'm glad to see this is taking off. right now, the only planned characters are Marth and Roy, but if the idea catches on, I can see some other characters making it in.

I'm not sure if you know this or not but when you insert a portrait into an FE game it doesn't look like this, you have to take it apart and combine stuff to at least prepare to insert it. But it's okay I mean everyone in the FE hacking community has to learn that sometime or another.

As for other characters I think it would be good to include custom characters and characters outside of FE11 and FE12

Anyway, I'm off to attempt at making a Marth portrait.

^copy the post and put it in quote tags, not the same but it should meet ur purposes

so we can finally answer the age-old question: are Marth and Roy in this game?

We can answer that question, the answer would be 'no'... this hack is just to answer the question with "yes". amirite or amirong?

Oh and is this gonna be a custom hack or are you just gonna put in Roy and Marth into FE7 and make it essentially be a reskin?

yes to both of your questions, luffy. and thanks for the quote suggestion.

and now for the big question, keeping in mind that i'm a relatively new hacker and will probably have to replace existing supports(instead of being able to just add more), how many support options, and with who, should Marth and Roy have?

yes to both of your questions, luffy. and thanks for the quote suggestion.

and now for the big question, keeping in mind that i'm a relatively new hacker and will probably have to replace existing supports(instead of being able to just add more), how many support options, and with who, should Marth and Roy have?

It all depends on whether who you put in/ keep in the hack. I might be able to help you to develop the hack, but I'll leave all the creative stuff to you. :lol:

It all depends on whether who you put in/ keep in the hack. I might be able to help you to develop the hack, but I'll leave all the creative stuff to you. :lol:

everyone who's already in the game stays, just some supports will be cut to use for Marth and Roy. for example, I don't see why rebecca, louise, fiora, farina, vaida, and isadora have 7 supports. they could work with 4-5 to make room (especially louise, farina, and vaida.)

unless i'm thinking wrong, the whole thing about adding these characters should be as simple as adding a line or two to already existing text in an already existing event, then using the chapter unit editor to make them appear next chapter. unless we want them available in battle preparations before that chapter. there's no need for either of them to talk to the tactician.

although I said I would deal with supports, there's not alot to do as far as this hack would go, other than choosing a good Marth portrait, and someone would need to make a battle sprite. other than that, it's all supports, so anyone who wants to throw a support pairing out there, i'll gladly consider it. I am thinking no more than maybe 4-5 supports for each.

one more important thing. which two portraits and battle sprites should be covered for these two? for portraits, i'm thinking just cover generic bandits or civilians. for battle sprites, definately the unuesd ballista animation, and possibly magic seal(?).