I just had a really weird idea

Lux Aeterna

Okay, after a lengthy string of thoughts I came to a brilliant idea. Okay, first of all, you know how some games have New Game+, right? And how that means you get bonuses (or in some cases you're the same stats and start the game over). Well, I was thinking of P4's NG+, where certain stats (such as the social ones: knowledge, diligence, etc) are kept.

So that made me wonder. If we died, and were given the chance to NG+ on our own lives... Would you do it? And what would it be like--in other words, what do you think the NG+ would entail? And how would you use these "bonuses"?

D'oh yeah, my own opinion: it depends on how my life turned out. If it was good and satisfactory at the end, I'd probably just leave it at that. But if it ended badly, I'd probably just take my life in a completely different direction for the most part, just to see how unlike the last life it would turn out. (If it was NG+ for me, I'd probably just retain all my knowledge. ... I'd be regarded as a child prodigy I guess, considering I'd have the knowledge of someone much older in a 2 year old body)

Edited by Lux Aeterna

Kardec was here, Lux is a loser.

I just felt like saying that.

Quoting that Kung Fu Jesus mock trailer: "this time, he is fighting back!"

Edited by PiloTE

almost definitely, to correct all the mistakes I've made.

Then after the first few mistakes corrected, your life becomes something completely different and you start committing even bigger mistakes than in the first time.

Also, a secret organization of people aware of the existence of NG+ users notices your suspicious actions and makes your life a living hell.

I'm living in my NG+ now.

Saddly, I took one of the cheap ass quick ends in the last game, so I didn't really get much out of it. Got this awesome ass computer when I got my old equipment back, though.

I am going to use this chance to grind up in the TV, though.

Edited by Furby

Then after the first few mistakes corrected, your life becomes something completely different and you start committing even bigger mistakes than in the first time.

Also, a secret organization of people aware of the existence of NG+ users notices your suspicious actions and makes your life a living hell.

Oh shit, next Hollywood blockbuster?

The Templars. Or Game Overs? I dunno.

Guys, does someone have a 1 Round Max Social Link Guide for Real Life?

A thought just occurred to me.

You don't get a new game plus if you die! You only get a new game plus if you beat your life.

... I'm gonna run out of space in my sig...

And not necessarily, Severlan. In bad endings that aren't game overs the protag might die, but you could still get an NG+.

Edited by Lux Aeterna

... I'm gonna run out of space in my sig...

You have already. 300px.

And not necessarily, Severlan. In bad endings that aren't game overs the protag might die, but you could still get an NG+.

Example?

Yay mini Einstein.

Would our memories be retained from our previous life if we choose to start again? That would actually be very handy, and quite an advantage.

Edited by Junes!