(Pokemon) Pokemon Black/White Draft

Don Draper

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4th Gym

Wotter (Dewott Lvl.33): Did not use him at this gym at all for obvious reasons.

Hermit (Dwebble/Crustle Lvl. 34): Killed everyone in the gym with ease. Had trouble with the Volt Switch Zebra but took down the Squirrels fine. This gym made it obvious that he is not so good against Special Attacks. He evolved after I beat the Gym.

Also, on my third try I have now caught a Vanillite(named Snocapone)who doesn't have a nature that lowers its special attack(the first two I caught did). It is a Pain to raise because its only lvl. 22 and knows only Ice moves. I've had to give it the exp. share.

Also I've caught a lvl 25 Foongus who I have yet to use/train. Its stats are not very impressive though.

Chapter 2: Plasma on Display

Dreamyard:

Went back in as a favor for Fennel. Bianca popped in and was like, 'I say we go in'. And we did. TEAM PLASMA I smash both. Also, I caught Audino here, named her Haruha just because.

Striaton City:

Uhh... C-Gear get. And bought a few items.

Route 3:

Not too much happened. Battled a teacher and some of her students. Won easily. Haruha hauled butt and took names like Rambo with Double Slap and Work Up. DOUBLE BATTLE. Won that easily. TEAM PLASMA Won that easily. Heal Balls get. Battled a few more times on this route.

Nacrene City:

This place is warehouse happy. I walk through here and find Cheren. He gives me some Chesto berries. ...And I walk through. After I visited some warehouse houses that is.

Outer Pinwheel:

Came here looking for trainers. Which I found. Trained Grimm and Haruha like mad here, even using Haruna on the trainers on a hill(a Battle Girl and a Blackbelt)! And Grimm evolved into Servine!!

Nacrene City:

Wait, what? N?! He said junk and battled me. I crushed him. After I beat him he went on about a hero and Reshiram. And said after he beat me he would force me to be his friend. What

Nacrene Museum/Gym:

Museum tour! I head into the gym and solve riddles!! Bespectacled people hang around here. Lenora's Pokemon weren't too bad. Haruha took down her Herdier, while Grimm took on her Watchog. Basic Badge get. TM67 get.

Grimm level 21: Wahahahaha! Love this little guy! I was going to let him learn Leech Seed, but I decided against it. Took on N by himself too.(yes, even his Pidove)

Haruha level 21: Cuuuuute!! Surprise tank thanks to her HP. When she hit 20 I was glad to get rid of Double Slap for Secret Power.

This isn't quite a gym post, but it's a much-needed update, since I doubled my team.

I didn't realize what a chore it would be to catch Throh. However, I got lucky, and found Throh after my fifth shaky grass patch or so. Now that my team's levels are relatively even, here's my thoughts going into the second gym:

Dewott: That Timid nature's starting to bite, but I'm still able to do quite a bit of damage with her.

Purrlion: With Fury Swipes and Pursuit (and everyone else on my team with Focus Energy), he's turning out fairly well. He can't take hits to save his life, but he'll be funny with Assist.

Timburr: Brave, and hits like a tank, even though I'm not happy with his move set.

Throh: Max HP IV, with 26 DEF IV. I found my physical wall. Special Defense IV blows chunks (6, LOL).

Everyone not named Throh is at 19. Throh is at level 15. Purrlion will stay as such until he learns Night Slash.

EDIT: Bye-bye Lenora.

Herdier managed to KO Timburr, but not before eating a Low Kick and a ton of recoil damage. Dewott finished with Razor Shell and general bulk.

Watchog did all of 21 damage with Retaliate. Throh was doing a hell of a lot more damage with Vital Throw. I win.

Edited by eclipse

2nd gym beaten:

Lumi the Woobat, Lv. 19 (Caught at Lv. 11): Very useful. Confusion, Heart Swap..psychic moves deal good damage, she's decent statwise, gust and assurance prove their usefulness as attacking moves as well, she was valuable in beating Lenora's Herdier and is good against the fighting pokemon I face.

Furet the Patrat, Lv. 18: Crunch is a pretty good move, but his fragileness makes it so that he can't use it much, because he still faints too easily. I hope that upon evolving he'll become less fragile because he's almost useless atm >_>

Enjo the Dewott, Lv. 19: Still a solid pokemon, especially with Razor Shell which easily took down Lenora's Watchog. I'm fearing that he'll start becoming less useful from now on, though, and he's losing out to my Woobat in usefulness right now.

Alright guys, full party!

5th Gym:

First Lady (Servine 35): After learning Leaf Blade and giving her an Expert Belt she proceeded to single-handedly defeat Clay.

Prinz (Panpour 27): A decent ape who occasionally took out Pokémon in the 5th Gym along with Servine as well as Psychic types with its Bite.

General (Boldore 25): A good tank, even more so now that it's evolved.

Fürstin (Zebstrika 27): A Thunderhorse so epic it took on against Elesa's Thunderhorse alone before it evolved... and won! It also steamrolled through Artie's Gym after learning Nitro Charge.

Marquise (Minccino 27): Kinda miffed that it has a nice and useful ability (Technician) but no moves to back it up.

Kanzler (Solosis 27): After playing a bit of catch-up with the rest of the team it reliably OHKO's opponents... until the enemy can act first and exploit its weaknesses that is.

Also what is it with only Panpour and Solosis being male? I suppose it's because my Heart Gold team was a total sausage fest.

Edited by Ike-Mike

Chapter 3: Plasmabug infestation in Castelia City!

Nacrene Museum/Gym:

TEAM PLASMA. They stole a skull.

Nacrene City:

It's Bianca! And Cheren. Burgh is his name, painting is his game. Dowsing Machine get.

Pinwheel Forest:

Whoo boy. TEAM PLASMA. Ran into a lot and beat them to the ground. Along with some regular trainers. Caught a Sewaddle and two Petilil, used one for the ingame trade. I love grass types.

Skyarrow Bridge:

I came.

Castelia City:

This place is XBOX HUEG. Had fun roaming and what not. Battled everyone that I could inside buildings and around the city! Evo-something stone get. Gave it to Grimm because bug attacks would wreck him. TEAM PLASMA. They stole Bianca's Munna, like jerks. It's Iris. Then Burgh and I battled TEAM PLASMA and won. Turns out they tried to make a hideout in front of a gym. But got caught. Oh yeah, Amulet Coin get. Exp. Share get.

Route 4:

Came out here to see if I could get my fossil. No luck.

Castelia Gym:

I swear I would have eaten that honey. The purple rock helped out Grimm here a lot, pretty much tanked. Haruha's Entrainment helped here too, with potential Poison Point Venipede around here. Burgh wasn't much trouble. Haruha took out his Whirlpede and Leavanny, while Grimm took on his Dwebble. Easy victory! Insect Badge get. TM 76 get.

Grimm level 28: Whooooo. He's a tank with the Eviolite on him! Got rid of Growth for Slam, figured he'd need another neutral attack.

Haruha level 28: She's still eating attacks and coming back with Secret Power. Wish there was something else I could teach her...

Edited by Emerald Jealousy

7th Gym:

35 Whimsicott

36 Samurott

37 Archeops

37 Galvantula

37 Sawk

24 Simisear

Took me quite a while. I accidentally reset after beating the doctor in Twist Mountain, setting me back quite a bit.

Got X-Scissor, ran through Cheren and Twist Mountain (Picked up Flash Cannon). Bought Thunder at the pokemart. Galvantula and Samurott evolved in the cave, but Archen was only level 35, so I cleaned up Route 8 to get him to level 37. Finally able to teach him fly, I backtracked to Axew cave to get RockSlide. Whimsicott hasn't really done anything recently, most of its recent exp has been from EXP Share.

Taught:

X-Scissor, Thunder to Galvantula.

RockSlide and Fly to Archeops

Surf to Samurott.

RockSlide, Strength to Sawk.

Sawk OHKOed everything in the Ice gym except the last two pokemon. He was taken down by Crygonal because of confusion. Samurott OHKOed with revenge.

As of this point:

Samurott has been rather solid. Not the best, but consistently able to survive and do damage.

Archen has been rather lackluster, but that could be because I got a Calm Natured one.

Cottonee does exactly what I expected it to do: disable the enemy's strongest pokemon.

Galvantula hasn't impressed yet (I haven't used it much), but after Evolution it gained a lot of speed and 91% accurate Thunder should make it useful really fast.

Sawk still destroys everything.

Bisharp doesn't exist yet.

Simisear sucks.

Edited by billymills

Whew, going on!

Everything between me and the Insect Badge was shoved out of the way. Found Grass Knot and gave it to Dewott. Too bad it was useless in the next gym. Picked up the Really Cool Stuff this city has to offer.

Burgh's gym worried me, because Purrlion would faint if anything looked at him cross-eyed, Dewott had to worry about Sewaddles, and Fighting moves really suck against bugs. . .except that Throh the Tank's Revenge did a ton of damage (and I had Seismic Toss as a backup), and Timburr had Rock Throw. So it was my two Fighting Pokemon that took the stage and got me Badge the Third. Thoughts so far:

Dewott (Solais), level 22: This wasn't her part of the map. Too much grass! The next gym will be a headache.

Purrloin (Slake), level 23: Assist is still going strong. Since everyone else has Focus Energy, and I got the Scope Lens, him and Fury Swipes have been doing insane damage (relatively speaking). He's generally made of paper. . .unless he's up against Dark moves, which turn him into an invaluable tank (Patrat's Crunch does laughable damage, as does anything with Bite).

Timburr (I'll get him a nickname when I can!), level 24: Decent move type diversity, and hits really hard. Can also take physical hits, but is a tad hopeless when it comes to everything else. I keep him away from Munnas, for obvious reasons.

Throh (Nageki), level 24: He stands there and solos stuff. He's so slow that Revenge and Vital Throw royally suck for the opponents. Seismic Toss allows him to do decent damage to whatever resists the first two, and Focus Energy makes Slake happy.

Ran through Route 4, hit Nimbasa City, and. . .this run is on hold, while I create embarrassing photos of my Pokemon.

Edited by eclipse

Chapter 4: Sand, Friends, and Models

Castelia City:

Did the transport thing so I could get Zorua. Which I did. Too bad it wasn't available.

Liberty Island:

Felt like going there just to get Victini. Which I did. With a Heal Ball.

Route 4 gate:

I battled Bianca here. Won easily too.

Route 4:

So I'm going to try to head on over to th- Cheren?! Well, we battled and I won. I continued on dodging possible trainers. TM 28 get.

Resort Desert:

Okay, seems like I'm getting close to the ruins. Tried to avoid some trainers, but I didn't. Caught a Scraggy and named him Melvin.

Desert Ruins:

This must be where I can get my fossil! I battled trainers and fell through the sand even though the guy told me not to! I got my fossil! Caught a Yamask here just because.

Nacrene Museum/Gym:

Revived my fossil for a Tirtouga! I was going to restart for one with Solid Rock. But eh. Named him Shiednyr.

Route 4/Resort Desert:

Ran back to battle trainers I've missed to train Shiednyr, he held his own here. Professor Juniper was at the gate an gave me and Cheren Ultra Balls.

Nimbasa City:

Whoo. Ran around here for a bit. Visited some people in their houses. Sun Stone get. HM 4 get. Oh yeah. TEAM PLASMA was on the prowl and bullying an old man who happens to be the Day Care Man. I flatten them, roll them up and tossed them aside. Which caused them to run... Anyway, the Day Care Man gave me a Bike(which I won't even use). Followed Bianca to the Music Hall just because. Props box thing get. Decided to dress up Haruha just because. Went outside and found Bianca's dad about to take her home when suddenly... A ro-slender lady popped up. Elesa's her name and modeling is her game. Oh, she said she's the gym leader. She goes on about people picking their own thing and sticking with it. After that I decided to look around.

Route 5:

Not much to do but battle and win!

Route 16:

Came over here to check things out. Battled more trainers and won. I love it when you press and hold the B button, the Cyclists move faster! I'm loving the random little things. Rare Candy get.

Nimbasa City:

Decided to look for the gym. Which I didn't find. So I just went to where TEAM PLASMA went. Found N instead. And we went on the Ferris Wheel for a bird's eye view. While on the Ferris Wheel he came out and said he's the king of TEAM PLASMA. I'm like, what. We get off and his goons are there, worried about him. He asks if I thought his actions made sense. Which they didn't. We battled and I won! Then he said after he beats the champ he would force everyone to give up their Pokemon. What. Then I noticed that the gym was next to the Ferris Wheel the whole time. DERP

Nimbasa Gym:

Roller Coasters! Gave Sheidnyr the Eviolite to help him out. Which it did. Elesa wasn't too bad. Sheidnyr knocked out the Emolda she swapped in after Volt Switch. And Haruha took care of her Zebustrika and last Emolga Bolt Badge get. TM 72 get.

Sheidnyr level 31: Held his own even when he didn't have the Evi-something.

Haruha level 32: Did most of the work in the gym. She's such a tank! And teaching her Dig was the best thing I could do for this gym.

Grimm level 32: Even though I didn't use him in this gym, he's still being tanky and awesome.

I love my team~

Nimbasa Gym:

After grinding a bit on the Trainers outside Nimbasa, I finally beat N. =__= Stupid desert Pokemon and my stubborn semi-EV leveling.

Bacon (Pignite, Level 25): This Gym wasn't his cup of tea. His fragility showed in the battle against Elesa and her Emolga. Aerial Ace did him in pretty quickly.

Terri (Herdier, Level 27): Terri was absolutely beastly. 8D She OHKO'd the gym trainers' Blitzle and did quite a number on Elesa's team.

Munnybank (Munna, Level 24): I didn't really use Munny much since he's slow and his movepool's pretty shallow so far. I'm hoping he sees some more action soon.

Plume (Tranquill, Level 26): After evolving and teaching her Return, Plume's usefulness skyrocketed. I might just be biased, but I still don't really like using her.

Lillil (Lilligant, Level 29): Even as a Petilil, she was great, but after evolving her at level 28, she became a monstrous tanking flower girl. :3 After just one Quiver Dance, she one-shotted Elesa's Zebstrika.

Route 5, go go!

Edited by Sakusa

3rd gym beaten:

Iris the Swadloon, Lv. 24: Very useful. Grass/bug type is good and he can do decent damage with Razor Leaf and Bug Bite, and is averagely durable. I'm expecting a lot of her upon evolution. She did a decent job against her evolved gym version.

Lumi the Woobat, Lv. 23: Didn't see much action, but did a decent job, especially against the gym leaders first pokemon. I have the highest hopes for her, honestly.

Furet the Watchog, Lv. 22: Watchog >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Patrat. He's pretty strong now, and tohugh not very durable a bit more durable than Patrat. Crunch is a very powerful move now.

Enjo the Dewott, Lv. 24: Starting to become less useful. Best thing he did was kill Dwebbles in the gym. Otherwise he's falling behind Woobat and Swadloon fast, and may end up below Watchog until evolution. This is of course just a prediction. Considering the electric gym coming up this is very realistic, though ;-;

EDIT

4th gym beaten (GODDAMMIT I HATED THE LEADER)

Enjo the Dewott, Lv. 28: Gave him some kills I know he could do in the desert so I could avoid using him in the gym, though he did take out an Emolga with Water Pulse. Starting to suck more and more.

Lumi the Swoobat, Lv. 25: Evolved at level 25, improving her a bit, but not so mcuh. Was useless in the gym, but psychic moves still do their part out of there <3

Dio the Yamask, Lv. 25: Needed some babying at first but can hold his own now. Expecting an average pokemon out of him.

Furet the Watchog, Lv. 27: Was a very valuable asset in the gym. Crunch did heavy damage to the gym leader and he didn't fall easily like my others (barring Dio) who were weak to moves of her. Overally, however, I'll still call him average.

Iris the Leavanny, Lv. 28: Just evolved, best pokemon on my team. Could hold her own against Zebstrika for a while until Furet ultimately had to take over. Will be my favorite pokemon I think <3 =3

Edited by EnjolrasMTA

Driftveil Gym:

Bacon (Pignite, Level 30): He's decent again, though he got one-shotted by Excadrill. >_>

Terri (Herdier, Level 29): Still going strong. She either one or two shots everything.

Munnybank (Munna, Level 28): Didn't get to see much action this time around. He's having some trouble keeping up with the rest of the team. He's still relatively tanky and is good overall. I might have to evolve him soon.

Plume (Tranquill, Level 29): She's surprisingly tanky. She's not anywhere near as strong as Terri, but she's not bad.

Lillil (Lilligant, Level 31): Lillil is easily the power house of my team. With the help a Quiver Dance, Excadril was two shotted.

Driftveil Gym:

Wotter, Lvl 34 Dewott: Used to kill Excadrill. Still pretty solid that this point.

Hermit, Lvl 34 Crustle: Did not use at all. He is still awesome, I just didn't have a reason to use him.

Snocapone, Lvl 31 Vanillite: Was a pain to train. Died all the time. Had terrible move coverage. Used him I think once against Excadrill but he was quickly killed.

Foongus, Lvl 32 Foongus: Surprisingly useful. Used her against everyone in the gym and killed the gym leader's sand crocodile and toad. Was killed by Excadrill but then I revived her while Wotter took out the mole.

Chargestone Cave: Wotter has evolved into Samurott, lvl 36. Snocapone has evolved into Vanillish, lvl. 35 and learned Ice Beam. Hermit is now lvl 36 and knows Bulldoze instead of Dig. Foongus is still Foongus. A note about Foongus though. I thought she was going to be terrible. But with the combo of Ingrain, Gigadrain, and Effect Spore/Toxic, she is pretty much invincible. Sure the battles are a little drawn out, but at least she comes out of them with most of her health in tact. Oh and I just caught a level 27 Tynamo now named Sucker. She got sent to my box though.

Edited by Strawman the SawmanShaman

Done with my musical for now. Decided it would be a good time to catch Gothita, so I did. . .but all the ones I caught had horrible natures (Impish, for example). Eventually found one with a non-sucky nature (Bashful, I think). Unfortunately, it's male. Slapped my Exp. Share on him and went into the desert to get Dig and Rock Tomb (thank you Emerald Jealousy!) Taught Dig to Timburr and Throh. Taught Rock Tomb to Throh. My sixth team member MUST be female.

Fourth Gym down. But before I go into that. . .

- After making my Pokemon look ravishing, I primped up for a night at the amusement park.

- A charming young man offered to take me up on the Ferris wheel.

- While high up in the sky, he got fresh with me.

- Once we landed, a couple of bystanders asked if I was okay.

- My impromptu date chased them away, then got a little rough with me.

- Too bad half of his team was weak to Dewott, the third wasn't even worth mentioning, and his trump card couldn't do enough damage to 2HKO Gothita. Three Fake Tears and a few Psybeams later, and I won.

- Instead of leaving, he kissed me and said we'd meet again.

That's N in a nutshell.

The trainers in the gym gave me all sorts of grief, especially the Emolgas (it could be because I had my Gothita out first, and those stupid things know Pursuit). Elesa decided to Volt Switch spam Emolgas. I got fed up after Purrloin and Timburr went down, so I took out Throh, who proceeded to solo everything (the Emolgas used Pursuit against him). Zebrastrik might have had a chance, if Spark hadn't caused Guts to activate.

Team after Elesa:

Dewott (Solais), level 25: She finally got Water Pulse, which makes me really happy. She should start to do more for my team, as long as I don't hit another electric place. . .uh-oh. . .

Purrloin (Slake), level 27: He desperately needs Night Slash and another highly damaging move. Evolution should help him big time. Assist is still funny.

Timburr (Digitank), level 25: Didn't get as much screen time, but still does what he needs to with a rather mediocre set (Low Kick, Chip Away, Dig, Rock Slide). I can't wait for Rock Slide/Stone Edge.

Throh (Nageki), level 27: He took out Elesa by himself. N's Sigilyph was hard-pressed to kill him in a timely manner. This guy's a wall that hits back.

Gothita (Seeker), level 25: When I chose this Pokemon, I was expecting something that was female and generally rubbish. Instead, it's male, and my designated Special tank. He takes physical hits almost as well as Timburr, and my Psyshock/(Psybeam/Fake Tears) combo means whatever he uses will HURT. I'd like to see if this Pokemon will continue to exceed my expectations.

Chapter 5: Frozen Plasma Under The Mud

Route 5:

I come here expecting the same old route, but Cheren battles me instead. I won effortlessly. Then Elesa shows up and was all like, 'I wanted to see if you two knew each other'. Then like, this guy with HUEG hair stops us, and he knows Elesa. Then Elesa introduces him and is all like, 'Alder is his name, being the champ is his game'. He makes Cheren and I battle two kids. His Liepard was knocked out during the battle. Anyway, Elesa called someone to lower the drawbridge. Which it did. Cheren followed me.

Driftveil Drawbridge:

Not much happend. I collected a few of those EV wings and caught a Ducklett.

Driftveil City:

As soon as I step foot in here someone stops us. Clay is his name, and being a business man is his game. I walk through just to see if I could go to the next route. Which I could.

Route 6:

Caught my Karrablast! Named her Hildegard. Then I left.

Nimbasa City:

I ran back to see about the Ferris Wheel and the domes. Hildegard did well here. FERRIS WHEEL RIDE with some lady. She's sad about people being busy during the fall.

Driftveil City:

Came back to see what's here. And visited houses and got items.

Route 6:

Came back to find trainers, which I did find. Put Hildegard to work here. She did well. Caught a Deerling.

Driftveil City:

Came back to find this 'Heart Breaker'. He told me about Triple Battles. Which was fun. Once again, Hildegard is doing well.

Cold Storage:

Came down here to see the commotion. I found trainers! Hildegard was almost caught up at this point. I caught a Vanillite. Rock Hat get.

Inside the Cold Storage:

Battled lots an lots! Hildegard caught up and then Grimm, Haruha and Shiednyr got to battle again. Then we ran into TEAM PLASMA. Battled and won effortlessly. Then Clay and some workers came in and took them away. NeverMeltIce get.(Ha! I knew that would be here!)

Driftveil City:

Went back and saw TEAM PLASMA around the gym. Ghetsis was there and Clay let them go.Then I went inside the gym.

Driftveil Gym:

Pretty easy gym. Grimm took on half, then Haruha took on the latter half. Hildegard took down Clay's Krokorok and Palpitoad. And Shiednyr took down his Excadrill. Easy victory for me! Quake Badge get.

Grimm level 34: He did well! Took on half of the gym with one shots from Leaf Blade.

Haruha level 34: She took on the latter half of the gym. She tanked really well here, as usual.

Shiednyr level 33: Took on Clay's Exadrill with ease, despite the advantage ground has over rock. And water over ground

Hildegard level 33: Tanked the ground attacks even more with the Eviolite. Smashed Clay's Palpitoad and Krokorok with ease.

8th Gym

40 Archeops

41 Galvantula

39 Samurott

38 Whimsicott

40 Sawk

36 Pawniard

(26 Simisear)

Levels are not exact, but are pretty close.

Between the 7th Gym and the 8th, basically everyone OHKOed until I reached the gym. All the plasma grunts' pokemon were down in 1 Thunder, Aerobatics, Razor Shell, or Brick Break. Caught a level 33 Pawniard right before the gym. The Gym however didn't go so well. Archeops was the only one able to outspeed the dragons after a Dragon Dance. There being so many dragons meant my team got picked off slowly over time. On the last trainer before the leader I was finished off because Archeops recoved 50% of his HP from a revive, not 50% + 1, which was needed to KO the last pokemon.

Came back and made quick work of the last trainer. Gym leader wasn't any harder, but because of an unlucky miss with stun spore, I had to use Sawk's Sturdy to get the final hit in on Haxorus.

Elite 4:

Victory road was annoying with wild pokemon higher than all my pokemon. I had to use 2 Max revives (I had no regular revives) to get to the doctor, but it was free sailing from there.

Took Fighting first. Archeops dodged a stone edge and a rockslide that would have OHKOed from Mienshao and Throh. I stalled Sawk out of stone edges and KOed with Archeops. Sawk brickbreaked Conkledurr just enough for Archeops to KO.

Ghost Second. Whimsicott and Pawniard took out her full restores (drained the coffin to red health, twice). Archeops took it out with Acrobatics and a Fly. Galvantula 2HKOed Jellicent with Thunder. Samurott 2HKOed (Razor Shell + Aqua Jet) Chandelure (draining the full restores came in handy here, due to a burn). Golurk fell to a Surf + Acrobatics.

45 Archeops

43 Galvantula

42 Samurott

41 Sawk

39 Pawniard

38 Whimsicott

Psychic, Ghost and N were pretty straight forward. Had to abuse revives a little to get past gothitelle, but that was it.

Ghetsis was annoying as usual. Coffin fell to Reshiram, Hydregon took a 120 power revenge, stab brickbreak, and Aqua Jet (from low red HP). Had to restore Sawk in order to kill it. Sawk also took down the Buffalo next. I had to abuse revives a shitload on the last 3 pokemon, but eventually took him down after using the last one. (Started the elite 4 with 25.)

Final Levels:

Reshiram (51)

Archeops (46)

Galvantula (45)

Sawk (44)

Samurott (43)

Pawniard (42)

(Whimsicott, 38)

(Simisear, 26)

End time of 13:33. Blacked out 3 times.

Overall rating:

Pawniard: Sucks - Not too sucky.

Comes in really really late. Pretty low leveled and with pretty bad stats but it has good moves and doesn't take long to catch up with Exp Share. Can get a few kills even on the Elite 4 with Evolite. It was able to take down N's Archeops pretty well, but it really comes too late to do much at all. It'll never evolve unless you over-level a shit ton.

Simisear: Sucks - Not too sucky.

Helps for the first gym, then doesn't do much at all until the forest. Helps a bit there against... wild pokemon. Probably won't help a whole lot with the 3rd gym at all, unless you've somehow found out how to get it to level 22 that quickly. Once it reaches level 22 it's usable, but even then it won't do a whole lot outside of stab/super effective bite.

Whimsicott: Average

Statuses shit. Leeches from stuff. Standard grass fare, though it doesn't really do a whole lot of damage. Still a decent pick if you can get the better of the two abilities.

Galvantula: Great

From Iccirus City onwards it's one of the best in the game. Thunder 2HKOs nearly anything, and it's fast.

Samurott: Great

Deals decent damage for the whole game. Nothing really extraordinary, but powerful nonetheless. Dependable earlygame too.

Archeops: Great - Top

My Archeops had a calm nature and was pretty slow too I believe. Still ended up the most powerful (non-legendary) on the team. It was absolutely crucial in every Elite-Four battle and all the battles in the 8th Gym. It does however have a slow start. It's weak until Acrobatics and likely won't gain a decent rock move unless you backtrack for Rockslide (though it may not actually need it).

Sawk: Top - Top of Top

Great ability, great power, great speed, decent Movepool. Comes early and is useful until the end of the game.

Edited by billymills

Back to the story!

Not long after my first REAL venture on Route 5, Tieria Cheren showed up, and offered me money. . .er, battled me. I let the story play out some more, then headed over to Cold Storage, where most of the trainers had anything BUT Ice. I let Timburr lead off, because Gothita needs to learn something useful. I did get a hilarious Purrloin Assist combo of Fake Tears and Grass Knot on something-or-other. Got to the storage crate, cleaned it out, then went back to somewhere a little warmer.

Went to the gym, and had Timburr and Dewott STEAMROLL everything. The gym leader went down to Timburr (Swagger + Low Kick), Dewott (Grass Knot x2), and Throh (a single Revenge on Super Mole). Gothita got the Exp. Share. Purrloin took a nap.

Thoughts after the fifth gym:

Dewott (Solais), level 29: This was her time to shine, and that's exactly what she did. Now that she has two moves that use her superior Special stat (Grass Knot and Water Pulse), she's doing much better. Ice Beam should round her out. I gave her Revenge for giggles.

Purrloin (Slake), level 30: I kinda forgot he had the Exp. Share for a while, so he's a bit stronger than everyone else. Sadly, I can't pull the Focus Energy + Scope Lens + Fury Swipes hilarity (everyone else had something better to use). I might try a critical build with Slash, Night Slash, Shadow Claw, and the Scope lens. Assist still rocks, since his Special Attack stat isn't far from his Attack stat. This Pokemon can also do a Special build, but most of its Special moves are weak, and I'd need Fake Tears (via breeding).

Timburr (Digitank), level 29: Now that the Pokemon are getting bigger, Low Kick has become infinitely more useful. Dig allows me to escape Bide, Rock Throw is godly against Vanillites, and I don't know if Chip Away will be amusing at a later date. I will need someone to help me evolve him soon.

Throh (Nageki), level 28: He is intentionally a little lower level because he'd solo the game otherwise. His offense is amazing, even with an Attack IV of about 10. I need a better moveset for him (Revenge seems to suit him very well).

Gothita (Seeker), level 29: Psyshock decimates Special Defense tankers. If I can get my hands on Calm Mind, Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball in time, he's going to be a Psychic Wrecking Ball. If I could use ANY Gothita, I'd breed one with Uproar.

Edited by eclipse

5th gym down:

Enjo the Dewott, Lv. 32: wasn't too useful underway but he solo'd most of the gym, barring the ground/water types which I left for Leavanny. I'm glad he got to prove his worth for once. I may grow to like him again, but I doubt he'll keep this up.

Dio the Yamask, Lv. 28: Didn't do much. I'm gonna have to baby him for exp for a while I fear.

Lumi the Swoobat, Lv. 30: good against the Deerlings, and did a good job in the team Plasma zone. Still one of my fav mons.

Iris the Leavanny, Lv. 32: still the Goddess of my team. She's great, even if she didn't see much action

Furet the Watchog, Lv. 30: My other key factor in defeating team Plasma. Furet does a good job by "crunching" his way through shoot me for this bad pun. He's improving a bit every time~=3

Mistralton Gym:

After trekking through the Celestial Tower, I steamrollered the Gym.

Bacon (Pignite, Level 33): Due to his weaknesses to Psychic and Flying and the immunity Ghost types have against Fighting, Bacon didn't see too much action this time, either.

Terri (Stoutland, Level 35): After evolving, Terri became even tankier and more monstrous than before. She hasn't been able to 2HKO things lately, but she gets things down close enough to 0.

Munnybank (Munna, Level 36): Munny needed some serious babying. He doesn't really cover much, and he's starting to be a pain in my rear end.

Plume (Unfezant, Level 35): After finally evolving, Plume is starting to shine. She seems to be a little frail when regarding Special moves, but she can hold her own. Big Pecks really helped her survive.

Lillil (Lilligant, Level 35): Again, she's still going strong. The combination of Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance allow her to sweep quickly and Giga Drain is great for recovery.

Redeye (Basculin, Level 34): I didn't have the patience to wait and fish/Surf for him, so I traded a Minccino. He was a little underleveled at first, but caught up quickly. His Speed is superior, and his Attack stat is great. He's reliable and can take a hit.

7th Gym

Serperior 40: Didn't get much action this time due to the last two Gyms being strong against Grass-types and the rest of my team playing catch-up.

ギガイアス (Gigalith 39): Due to Boldore needing to be traded to evolve I GTSed it away for another one. I think my current rock monster's name is funny because it's in Japanese.

Panpour 39: He's starting to severely lag behind my team despite being one of my most high-level Pokémon. I'm holding out on evolving until it learns Crunch.

Zebstrika 38: Has helped me out in more sticky situations than I could possibly count. A true bro in every sense of the word.

Duosion 38: A glass cannon that is less reliable than I'd like it to be due to it being so slow. Also Hidden Power Grass.

Cinccino 38: Moves such as Swift, Encore and Wake-up Slap were of great help in the 7th gym.

Offizier (Shelmet 32): So far it was filling the spot until Gigalith would arrive along with a handful of others. Right now it sits in the PC waiting to be trade-evolved.

Edited by Ike-Mike

ギガイアス (Gigalith 39): Due to Boldore needing to be traded to evolve I GTSed it away for another one. I think my current rock monster's name is funny because it's in Japanese.

It says Gigaiasu, the normal Japanese name, so there's nothing funny really =p

6th Gym: My Tynamo owned the whole thing. He isn't really that great but since he was super effective it turned out well.

Between the 6th and 7th gyms I caught a Mienfoo, Foongus evolved into an Amoongus but then got replaced by Mienfoo, Tynamo evolved into Elektrik, and I caught a Litwik.

7th Gym: Owned it with Hermit, Litwik(Wax Baby), Mienfoo(Jet Li), and Vanillish(Snocapone).

Current team: Wax Baby, Level 41 Lempent: Pretty good now that it knows Shadow Ball instead of Hex which required me to burn my opponent before I could do significant damage. Still pretty fragile though.

Snocapone, Level 40 Vanillish: Ice Beam has made it really useful now. He is still really fragile and pretty slow though. Also Flash Cannon is a useful move for him.

Jet Li, Level 41 Mienfoo: Its ridiculous that she won't evolve until level 50, but she is still pretty good. She is fragile but fast and strong enough to make up for it. I love fighting moves, they are just so good.

Wotter, Level 40 Samurott: He is still pretty decent. He is too slow for his not so great defenses but his type coverage is fine. Also revenge helps him out a lot. Physically my strongest team member.

Sucker, Level 41 Elektrik: Definitely an improvement over his pre-evolved form. He is slower but better in every other aspect. And he can actually learn moves through level up! Still pretty fragile though, and the speed hurts him. Also not a very varied movepool.

Hermit, Level 40 Crustle: Really good defense obviously. Pretty good type coverage so far. Still has a hard time against water though. Speed is an issue as well as Sp. Def. Pretty reliable over all.

Foongus, Level 39 Amoongus: Dropped him off my team because his stats weren't so great. He was decent while I had him, mostly due to his large Hp and health restoring moves.