(Pokemon) Pokemon Black/White Draft

Don Draper

Castelia Gym.

Pokemon    Name        Lv. Nature    HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe Ability
Pignite    Nathan       26 Adamant   84  62  43  41  37  44 Blaze

Moves

Flame Charge/Arm Thrust/Rollout/Defense Curl

He saw little action since he was a bit overlevelled after his early game solo. In theory he's still my strongest Pokémon. One notable use I got out of him is against Burgh's Leavanny. He was outsped, but he OHKOed it with a Flame Charge. He might not see much action in the sandstorm either, but again, it's mostly so that the others catch up.

Drilbur    Skwisgaar    24 Adamant   65  52  29  17  30  46 Sand Force

Moves

Dig/Hone Claws/Rock Smash/Metal Claw

Skwisgaar turned to "eh" into "wow" the moment he got Dig, also known as level 19. He regularly OHKOed Pokémon at neutral effectiveness in the forest, and getting Hone Claws made it easier to do so later. I almost want to hit myself in the head for not getting Rock Smash earlier, since it would've been fairly useful for him in the second gym.

Since it's the desert soon, I expect him to outperform pretty much everyone.

Whirlipede Pickles      23 Adamant   53  38  58  20  42  31 Swarm

Moves

Poison Tail/Rock Smash/Pursuit/Bug Bite

Pickles was a bit annoying to catch since Venipedes aren't exactly common. What didn't help his case was that I wanted a male one with a decent nature, but that's mostly personal. I was pretty mixed on the ability, but Swarm is still nice.

His nice defense makes him fairly durable despite a low HP, but his low attack is a bit annoying. He's definitely good against anything he can hit for super effective, but battles with Venipedes usually end up in stall fests. At least he's looking forward to a new evolution very soon.

Scraggy    Dr Rockzo    24 Impish    64  47  49  20  41  35 Moxie

Moves

Brick Break/Faint Attack/Headbutt/Work Up

This adorable little fellow is easy to catch in the desert, but he's also fairly easy to train. Right off the bat, you can teach him Rock Smash (mostly if you didn't get a Low Kick one) and Work Up, and he's going to tear apart pretty much everything, especially Trainers thanks to Moxie. Should you get a Shed Skin one, teach him Rest. He won't be as good offensively against trainers, but he'll be even harder to kill, and Shed Skin takes care of the sleeping status pretty fast. He's very durable against pretty much everything that doesn't use Fighting or Flying moves. Definitely an excellent first choice despite coming kinda late. He required no grinding at all, but I got lucky and caught a level 17 one.

Plus he looks fucking badass.

Pansage    Lavona       10 Naive     32  18  16  17  15  22 Gluttony

Moves

Cut/Leer/Lick/Vine Whip

Pretty much benched soon.

Roggenrola 216          10 Impish    34  23  27  10  11   8 Sturdy

Moves

Tackle/Harden/Sand-Attack/Headbutt

Doesn't get Strength until Nimbasa...

Again, I'll try to get the next badge before going to sleep. Shouldn't be this problematic with Skwisgaar and the fact I don't need to catch any more Pokémons until the sixth gym.

Edited by Dark Chocolate

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 8: Single being split by Twins

Relics Castle:

Had to come back here. Fought TEAM PLASMA and won easily. Made it to the bottom and found Alder with Ghetsis. Ghetsis was going on about a dark stone. I leave , then Professor Juniper calls me and is all like, 'GET TO NACRENE CITY! COME ON!'.

Nacrene City:

I flew here because urgency. I was given the Dark Stone by Lenora for something.

Route 8:

Flew back to Irricus City and ran here. Imma go through here and- Oh! It's Bianca! We battle and I win easily.

Tubeline Bridge:

Whoo! Look at the at the train cars! TM43 get. The three weirdos popped up here and dragged me a short way to Ghetsis who somehow knew I had the Dark Stone. He told me about his and TEAM PLASMA's objectives and what he told N. He then went off.

Route 9 and Department Store 9:

Did more battling than buying.

Opelucid City:

Oh god this theme made my ears ejaculate. Anyway, Alder brought me over to hear Ghetsis' speech about separating people from Pokemon. What a tool. Then Drayden and Iris takes me to their place for an explanation and what I should do, which is get the last badge from Iris. I went upstairs and got some items an went around town.

Route 10:

Caught my Ruffelt and Bouffalant here. Yes, full team. Named them Ike and Garvenn respectively.

Opelucid Gym:

After getting Ike and Garvenn caught up I tackled the gym. Dragon types man. Iris was easier than I thought. Sheidnyr and Hildegard took on her Pokemon. Also, Simple Beam made the Druddigon's Rough Skin not annoying. Legend Badge get. TM82 get.

Grimm level 48: Coil is beast. Even when he was at a slight disadvantage, Leaf Blade still went strong.

Haruha level 48: Still tanking, dunno for how long though. Simple Beam was godsend for the Druddigon here.

Shiednyr level 47: He barely took damage from Iris' Pokemon, while causing damage.

Hildegard level 47: Her dragon resistance is <3. Didn't see much outside of battle against Iris' Haxorus.

Rufflet level 47: Giving him the Lucky Egg makes training him easier. Sheer Force is <3.

Garvenn level 48: Reckless makes me love recoil moves now.

Nimbasa Gym.

Pignite    Nathan       29 Adamant   92  69  48  45  41  49 Blaze

Moves

Flame Charge/Arm Thrust/Rollout/Defense Curl

Not much action for him, but he was pretty good inside the gym. Defense Curl + Rollout took care of those Emongas while he used Flame Charge on the Blitzles.

Excadrill  Skwisgaar    31 Adamant  112 104  50  33  50  71 Sand Force

Moves

Dig/Hone Claws/Rock Slide/Slash

Route 4 and the Desert Resort were made to train this guy. Sand Force made his Digs extremely powerful, but as he grew up he could OHKO pretty much anything in the desert thanks to his attacks. I will admit I grinded him a bit since he was 30 and a bit before I was supposed to leave the desert.

He'll take a bit of a break for the others to catch up, plus I know he doesn't like Fighting and Ground types much and there's going to be plenty soon.

Whirlipede Pickles      26 Adamant   59  42  65  23  47  35 Swarm

Moves

Poison Tail/Rock Smash/Pursuit/Bug Bite

He didn't see much action either. He'll definitely have to catch up before the fifth gym, but I know he should be able to do well with a good amount of Fighting types ahead that barely scratch him.

Scraggy    Dr Rockzo    28 Impish    74  55  57  24  47  41 Moxie

Moves

Brick Break/Faint Attack/Dig/Rock Tomb

He's definitely not slowing down, though there's been a few threatening Flying types against him, especially Sigyliphs. He was able to beat N in four mere attacks and even got the kill on Elesa's Zebstraika by digging its grave. I don't think he'll even slow down despite having his evolution later than Pickles or Nathan since Moxie is just that good, plus he's still quite durable as long as you don't throw him against Fighting or Flying types.

Edited by Dark Chocolate

Run complete - Post 1 of 2

I'm gonna get the nickname thing out of the way here. Deino's nickname is Almagest. Reshiram's nickname is Exusia. Shut up, dondon.

Eighth Gym

Got everyone up to something a little less pathetic, turned Gothorita into Gothitelle, then walked through the gym, being as creative as possible with kills. Healed up before challenging Dreydan, which turned out to be a Good Thing. Fraxure went down to Throh and Body Slam/Revenge. I wound up having to out-stall Druddigon with Ferrothorn (it was Rough Skin vs. Iron Barbs/Ingrain. . .and Iron Barbs won out). Haxorus didn't have a damn chance against Blizzard. In this gym, Samuwott's Blizzard was quite helpful, as was Ferrothorn's ability to resist the opponent's moves and switch-out. Throh and Conkledurr had just enough durability to kill stuff, and Gothitelle and Liepard didn't see much action (since I didn't need a revenge killer).

Thank goodness these Dragons relied on physical non-Fire attacks, or I would have been in very deep trouble.

Here's a quick thing for levels:

Samuwott (Solais): 41

Liepard (Slake): 40

Conkledurr (Digitank): 41

Throh (Nageki): 41

Gothitelle (Seeker): 40

Ferrothorn (Spica): 42

Victory Road

Deino was the fifth Pokemon I encountered (level 38 male with Hustle, unfortunately. . .I was hoping for a female), so I caught it, then walked back to get it into my team, ditching Conkledurr in the process, because it had the same function as Throh, except its Special Defense was worse. I slapped a Lucky Egg on it and let it loose on previous trainers I had ignored. It didn't take too long for it to catch up to the rest of my team. Just as I finished Victory Road, I hit the wrong direction, and went SLIDING down to a TM I didn't need. Didn't make the same mistake a second time.

Gothitelle is as overleveled as he is thanks to the many Mienfoos and Fighting trainers I encountered.

Levels and thoughts before the Elite Four:

Samuwott (Solais), level 44 - I HATE Blizzard's accuracy, but it's helpful. Surf + Torrent really sucks for the opponent. She's just tanky and fast enough to be useful.

Liepard (Slake), level 42 - Critical-revenge killer, whose Speed has only been getting higher. If he can find a spot where there's not too many Fighting Pokemon, he'll be much happier.

Deino (Almagest), level 45 - I had my doubts about Hustle, but it's been proving to be really useful. He learned Dragon Rush, which is infinitely more useful than Dragon Pulse. If he can be BP'd something for accuracy, he'll be very hard to kill.

Throh (Nageki), level 43 - Revenge is his bread and butter, with Seismic Toss for those enemies with high Defense and/or Fighting resistance. The occasional paralysis from Body Slam is nice, as is the Speed drop from Rock Tomb.

Gothitelle (Seeker), level 44 - Psychic is the bane of fighters. Charge Beam is the bane of Water/Flying. Haven't found as many uses for Psyshock, and Faint Attack will be replaced by Shadow Ball when I remember to do so.

Ferrothorn (Spica), level 44 - I didn't need to stall too many things out. Power Whip really hurts those that don't resist it. As the Dragons in the previous gym found out, it hurts those that resist it, too (think 3-4HKO on Druddgions).

Elite Four

Since these guys are gym leaders who don't suck, I'll give them their own little section. The order that's listed is the order I faced them in.

Shauntel (Ghost)

Deino chewed through them with Crunch, with Liepard revenge-killing with Night Slash as needed. Gothitelle got a hit in with Shadow Ball. To give you, dear reader, an idea of just how ridiculous Deino is, a Hustled Crunch hit Shauntel's Lampent for roughly 80% damage. Lampent had a four level advantage over my little Deino. This thing's gonna be a terror once I evolve it. Throh was bored out of his mind, Samuwott acted as a meatshield, and Ferrothorn wasn't needed.

Levels so far:

Samuwott (Solais): 44

Liepard (Slake): 44

Deino (Almagest): 45

Throh (Nageki): 43

Gothitelle (Seeker): 44

Ferrothorn (Spica): 44

Caitlin

Stupid Reuniclus had Focus Blast. . .so I had Gothitelle Shadow Ball it to oblivion. Musharna went down to Ferrothorn, for reasons I don't remember. Sigilyph had just enough time to protest before it ate a Blizzard. Her Gothitelle was helpless against Liepard. Once again, Throh had nothing to do.

Levels so far:

Liepard (Slake): 45

Deino (Almagest): 46

Throh (Nageki): 43

Ferrothorn (Spica): 45

Grimsley

Throh showed Scrafty who was boss via Revenge. Liepard committed suicide against Ferrothorn. Krookodile didn't like Surf. Bisharp. . .well, let's say that Dark/Steel has a very distinct weakness. . .

Throh is still strong enough such that a full-powered Revenge will OHKO Scrafty easily.

Levels so far:

Throh (Nageki): 44

Marshal

I saved him for last because I predicted he'd give me the most problems, which he did. The enemy Throh didn't put up much of a fight before going down to a well-placed Psychic. My Throh took out his Sawk (tee-hee). Conkledurr was 2HKO'd by Psychic. That stupid Mienshao. . .that thing wreaked havoc with my team. My Throh got two full-powered Revenges in, which did the trick. By the time all was said and done, the only Pokemon I had left were Throh (low health), Samuwott (revived), and Ferrothorn (full health, for obvious reasons).

U-turn can burn.

Levels so far:

Throh (Nageki): 45

Gothitelle (Seeker): 46

The champion. . .wait. . .

We interrupt this log with Team Plasma's castle.

N humbly invited me to his spacious abode. I initially refused, until a random bystander told me he had a hot tub in there. I walked in, and found his six servants selling hair ties. Before I could take them up on their offer, the rest of the gym leaders and Tieria Cheren rushed in to buy them. I went upstairs in frustration. My ire soon vanished when I found my hot tub. After my Pokemon and I had a relaxing bath, we continued onwards, stopping off in every room to see what they had to offer. It seems that the castle housed all types of people. Some genuinely cared about Pokemon, while others were sadistic bastards. After many flights of stairs, I found N waiting to greet me. Turns out he really was a king, throne and all. As if to warn me, some stone-or-other I'd been carrying woke up, and turned into a huge dragon-thingy. N called it destiny, and asked that I dance with him after I'd captured the shining Pokemon in front of me. It didn't take long for Reshiram to join my ranks. . .then, the dance began. Alas, I accidentally stepped on his foot, thus ending my first dance rather abruptly. N gave me a kiss and told me that he was happy with my performance. . .then that creep Ghestis came in, and told N that he couldn't charm a girl to save his life. The old guy told me that we'd battle, and that if he won, he'd show N the proper way to kiss a woman. I wasn't about to be molested twice in the same day, so I defeated the old man. After the battle, N kissed me again, then told me that he'd travel, in the hopes that he'd learn how to be the right one for me. I happily flipped him off as he rode off into the sunset.

What really happened

After several story scenes, I went hunting for items. Along the way, I saw N's room. . .and felt my normally stone-cold heart shatter into pieces. This was the first time I wasn't looking forward to turning N into a free money machine.

Once I got up to the throne room, I saved, then started my battle with Reshiram. Luckily, Throh managed to paralyze it with Body Slam, so it took all of four attempts before I caught it and named it Exusia. I sent Deino back, because it STILL hadn't evolved. N was kind enough to heal my Pokemon before battling me (thank you). The battle's summed up below:

Zekrom: "RAWWRR! Fusion Bolt!!"

Reshiram: "Whatever. Dragonbreath."

Carracosta: "My turn!"

Ferrothorn: "You keep telling yourself that."

Klingklang: "Look at my Focus Blast!"

Throh: "WTF? Zoroak?!"

Vanilluxe: "I'm cool!"

Throh: "Shaddap."

Archeops: "I have Acrobatics!"

Samuwott: "I have Surf and Torrent."

Klingklang: "I AM THE REAL KLINGKLANG"

Throh: "I win."

Everyone else: "HEEEY!"

Here's how my team looked after I defeated N:

Samuwott (Solais): 45

Reshiram (Exusia): 50

Throh (Nageki): 46

Gothitelle (Seeker): 46

Ferrothorn (Spica): 46

After several more scenes, I got to Ghestis. My Pokemon were mysteriously healed. Thank goodness.

Cofagrigus was outdamaged by Liepard. Bouffalant suicided into Ferrothorn. Effing Hydreigon managed to take out most of my team, until Reshiram managed to NOT be criticaled by Dragon Pulse, and retaliated with Dragonbreath. Seismitoad didn't care for Power Whip. Eelktross was damaged heavily by Throh and revenge-killed by Liepard. Bisharp was swiftly decimated by Fusion Fire. Game over, I win. Please stop shoving the camera in N's face.

Final levels and overall thoughts in the next post.

Edited by eclipse

Final levels and thoughts

Samuwott (Solais), level 45: Her durability was pretty good until the last few battles. Her moves were iffy until she learned Water Pulse, then Surf. Grass Knot was handy, but it was replaced by Blizzard (which in turn will be replaced by Ice Beam, when I get it). Strength was good for finishing things, and Revenge made her a nice Ice-killer. Since she had Just Enough of everything for most of the game (all-rounder), I'd put her in Mid.

Liepard (Slake), level 46: He started off fast, and continued to be fast. He got a really nice critical set in Slash and Night Slash, and he learns Shadow Claw via TM. He can't learn Focus Energy, which would turn him into a funny gimmick Pokemon. His Special Attack and Attack bases are equal, but his Special move pool isn't as impressive as his Attack pool (if I went the Special route, he'd get Fake Tears via breeding, then Snarl, Shadow Ball, and Grass Knot). Due to his paper-like defenses, and the fact that it took him forever to learn Night Slash, I'd put him in Low (or the lower end of Mid, if availability is a big factor).

Conkledurr (Digitank), level 42: Trade evolution nastiness aside, he learned a bunch of Rock moves naturally, despite being a Fighter. His Fighting moves didn't impress me (which is why he kept Low Kick). Sheer Force is something to be reckoned with, even if it doesn't negate some of the effects I wish it would negate, like Hammer Arm's Speed drop. He's got a ton of HP and Attack, but his Special Defense and Speed leaves something to be desired. I think he might be able to make use of Reversal (via breeding), but it will take some prediction to make it hit hard. General tankiness, insane Attack, and Sheer Force put him in High. . .I think.

Throh (Nageki), level 47: He's a PITA to find (especially in Black), but the trouble is more than worth it. He's durable enough to make very good use of Revenge, which he'll know the moment he's caught, if you catch him at the first available opportunity. He can mess with the opponent's Speed with Rock Tomb/Low Sweep and Body Slam. I left Seismic Toss on him because it went through Iron Defense and type resistances. I like his Fighting moves much better than Conkledurr's. His base Defense is slightly lower than Conkledurr's (85 to 95), but he more than makes up for it with Special Defense (85 to 65) and HP (120 to 105). Since Conkledurr made it to High, I'm putting Throh as High.

Gothitelle (Seeker), level 46: When I first picked this Pokemon, I thought it would be a piece of garbage. Gothita didn't like that, and completely exceeded all my expectations. He already knew Fake Tears and Psybeam, which meant I could have him face other Psychics, and he'd do crazy damage. Psyshock turned Duckletts into dinner. Charge Beam made everything else more dangerous, and Shadow Ball's Special Defense drop was icing on the cake. He was able to withstand Special Attackers that my usual team had problems with, and had enough Defense to take a Dark hit and live to tell about it. In later battles, he had problems with his offense (i.e. not quite enough juice to OHKO Conkledurr). He's got an insane move pool to choose from, and if I had the chance, he'd have Dark Pulse, Psyshock, Thunderbolt, and Energy Ball. Slightly low HP and not-quite-there Special Attack put him really high in Mid.

Ferrothorn (Spica), level 46: This Pokemon has tank written all over it. Ingrain was far more useful than I thought it would be, because it messes up moves that force switches (Dragon Tail, I'm looking at you). Because of its insane defenses, it takes multiple hits to KO. . .and when it's about to die, it can explode, and deal all sorts of messy damage. I gave mine Iron Head because there were too many slow Pokemon in this game, and Gyro Ball's PP was too low. Power Whip hurts everything that isn't another Ferrothorn. Iron Barbs help to KO things, since LOTS of attacks touch it. It naturally resists three-fourths of the types, which made leveling it up a lot easier than I thought it would be. If it gets Fireproof (via Bronzong's Skill Swap), it will be VERY hard to kill. Due to Power Whip, its resistances, and its stats, I'm putting her in High (if it didn't take so damn long to evolve, and had Fireproof, it would be Broken tier).

Deino (Almagest), level 46: If it were female, its nickname would be Nino. Though he wasn't around for too long, he was able to do (relatively) crazy damage with Crunch/Dragon Rush and Hustle. Once it fully evolves, it will be a terror and a half. If it came before the final gym, it would be Broken tier. Since it shows up in Victory Road, I'm putting him in Low (just like Nino).

Reshiram (Exusia), level 51: If Deino is Nino, this Pokemon is FE6 Karel. I only had it for a couple of battles, but it did what it needed to. Mine was Relaxed, and its Speed IV seems to be in the single digits. This made things a tad harder than they should have been. Fusion Fire rocks, even when Liepard gets it via Assist. I'm not going to bother with a tier for this thing. Instead, I will make it dance in Pokemon Musical.

Looks like I drafted a pretty good team. Hooray!

Driftveil Gym.

Emboar     Nathan       36 Adamant  128 111  66  75  57  70 Blaze

Moves

Flame Charge/Arm Thrust/Rollout/Scald

Nathan's final levels as a Pignite were still very good as he pretty much smacked everything in his path in one, rarely two attacks. Arm Thrusts, if it was hitting for super effective, could easily kill in two hits, though otherwise could kill in four or five hits. Keep in mind I mostly got him at such a high level because I cleared route 6 before heading to the cold storage.

I didn't use him after his evolution however, but he shouldn't disappoint for the end of the game. He's pretty top tier.

Excadrill  Skwisgaar    31 Adamant  112 104  50  33  50  71 Sand Force

Moves

Dig/Hone Claws/Rock Slide/Slash

Didn't use much. Only to defeat some unwanted Unfezants, plus he got to take part in the triple battle where he rocked the house all by himself.

Scolipede  Pickles      32 Adamant   83  78  73  36  51  85 Swarm

Moves

Poison Tail/Rock Smash/Dig/Bug Bite

Even after his evolution, he's still the worst of the team offensively, but he takes hits extremely well. He's not bad at all actually, but he's just not as impressive as the others. I know he'll be looking forward to a new STAB attack by the next gym thanks to a Heart Scale, then another one after the next gym thanks to a TM.

Scraggy    Dr Rockzo    35 Impish    91  69  70  29  58  51 Moxie

Moves

Hi Jump Kick/Faint Attack/Dig/Rock Tomb

This thing got insane. He beat the entire gym on his own thanks to Hi Jump Kick's ridiculous power and Moxie, though in Clay's case he was helped by a Swagger. This little fella has a hard time not OHKOing anything he faces, and he's usually faster than his compeition. The best thing about him? He's evolving in four levels to get a certain power boost, but he's especially going to be very tanky soon.

My modus operandi with him is usually to have him use Hi Jump Kick on the first Pokémon, only to switch to a more accurate and safer move between Dig and Faint Attack. Rock Tomb is becoming pretty useless at this point, but nothing's good enough to replace it yet. I suppose I'll go back to Nimbasa and get that Return TM.

I also caught a Ducklett for HM slave purpose.

Ducklett   J.-Pierre   23  Timid     62  26  33  30  32  34 Keen Eye

Moves

Water Pulse/Aerial Ace/BubbleBeam/Featherdance

Expect him to get Fly and Surf.

Edited by Dark Chocolate

Sixth gym:

Astra the Klang, Level 38:

I babied him A LOT, with lucky egg and overusing. He was pretty bad, but improved gradually. With help of potions and Furet I had him nab all the exp from the gym leader so he could evolve.

He may not see action as frequently now since the rest of my team has to catch up now

Dio the Cofagrigus, Level 34:

Made him evolve ASAP, after which he improved noticably, he is a pretty decent teammember right now, no more remarks since he didn't see much gym action or such.

Iris the Leavanny, Level 34:

Still awesome, but didn't see much action.

Lumi the Swoobat, Level 35:

See above. Though he took out quite a few wild pokemon in Chargestone cave.

Enjo the Dewott, Level 35:

Water Pulse is awesome for him but he maintains averageness.

Furet the Watchog, Level 34:

Didn't see much action either ._.

So yeah, most time went into Klink/Klang

8th gym: Snocapone destroyed everything. Thats it.

I'm too lazy to post all of my team and their levels right now, but what you need to know is this:

Victory road was absolute hell for my team. I managed to get through it with everyone's levels in the 45-46 range. So I decide I might as well try the Pokemon league at this point, how bad could it be, right? big mistake. At this point my team sucks. I have everyone fully evolved except Mienfoo, and they still suck so much. Smurott is by far the best at this point just because he can actually take 2 hits and has decent type coverage. Elektross can deal serious damage expect for the fact it never goes first and is OHKO'd by practically everything the Elite Four has. Vanilluxe would be good if he had more attack options than Ice and Steel at this point. Crustle gets OHKO'd by any special move and is way too slow. Mienfoo is strong but can't stay alive. Chandelure has the problem that it seems almost every Pokemon in the Elite 4 has a move thats super effective against it. So basically I'm screwed.

Chapter 9: Victory Amongst The Elite

Victory Road:

HOLY CRAP THIS IS CONFUSING only not really because I got through it. Found and caught a Heatmor and named him Helios. Odd one out. Battled trainers here too. Found Terrakion and caught it to complete the triad. And I evolved Ike into a Braviary.

Pokemon League:

Finally made it... Oh hey, a Pokemon Center!(derp) stocked up here and went to the main area to begin.

Grimsley's Room:

This wasn't too bad. Garvenn took down his Scrafty and Bisharp with ease thanks to Revenge. Grimm took down his Krookodile with ease and to end it Hildegard took down his Liepard.

Marshal's Room:

Originally, Ike was going to solo his team. Apparently, he loves Rock Slide and other type coverages. Ike did take down his Throh and Mienshao. And Grimm took own his Conkledurr and Sawk.

Shauntal's Room:

Eeeeeeeee~ <3 Anyway, her team wasn't too bad. Sheidnyr took down her Cofagrigus and Chandelure, and Grimm took down her Jellicent and Golurk.

Caitlin's Room:

HEY! Aren't you a Frontier Brain? Thank goodness for the Bug Gem( don't ask why I haven't given anyone the Expert Belt yet). Garvenn took down her Reuniclus and Gothitelle with ease thanks to Mega Horn. Sheidnyr took down her Sigilyph easily, and Hiledgard took down her Musharna easily(almost because Caitlin loves potions).

Grimm level 53: Hehehehe. Doing great. Used him in 3/4 rooms and did not disappoint.

Haruha level 52: Hmm... Didn't use her at all. In Victory Road she tanked, but her offense is slowing down.

Sheidnyr level 53: Awesome awesome! Does not disappoint at all.

Hildegard level 52: Doing great too, nice power and defense.

Ike level 54: OH FINALLY. The evolution helped out his power and durability(even more-so because his nature is Impish).

Garvenn level 53: Megahorn is pretty awesome. So is Head Charge.

Gym 7 (Icirrus City)

I go through Twist Mountain, and backtrack to earlier routes to pick up some TMs and stuff. Then I stomp the gym. Lots of trainers appear to have been beaten. About the only party member that was used in the gym was Emboar.

Emboar Lv43 (Emboar)

-Is doing great now that I got Low Sweep for her. She also just learned Flamethrower.

George Lv42 (Seismitoad)

-Performs rather averagely. He doesn't really stand out in any meaningful way.

Jerry Lv41 (Maractus)

-I'm pretty sure he's past his peak performance; his movepool is starting to bite him in the ass.

_-In fact, he does have his movepool finalized now. It is Petal Dance/Giga Drain/Poison Jab/Return

__-For reference, only one of these moves runs off his superior Special Attack stat

Jenna Lv42 (Swanna)

-Still an all around all right party member. Having powerful STAB moves in Surf, Fly and Air Slash help her.

Minipete Lv42 (Emolga)

-Levels stupidly fast with the Lucky Egg. He definitely pulls his weight.

Claire Lv42 (Beheeyem)

-Her special defensive parameters went up quite a bit on evolution. She hasn't been able to participate in battle yet, but I expect she will tank special hits well. She can probably take physical hits too (maybe), but not as well.

-She learned Psychic on her own, and was taught Thunderbolt with the TM.

-Her special attack also grew rather large upon evolution too.

Edited by General Spoon

Chapter 10: Finale

N's Castle:

HOLY CRAP. That was pretty awesome. Good thing you can heal here. I caught Zekrom here pretty easily(in a Dusk Ball, calm down) and it stayed boxed for the battles.

TEAM PLASMA King: N:

OH MAN. This battle was annoying. I kept out Grimm because I thought he would be faster so I can use Dragon Tail. NOPE. Sheidnyr ended up taking down his Reshiram. He then sent out his Klinklang, or so I thought, turns out it was his Zoroark. Garvenn took it out, he then sent out his real Klinklang and it nearly wrecked us. Grimm ended up taking it down after it knocked out Haruha, Hildegard and Garvenn. N sent out Vanilluxe. Fell easily to a Rock Slide from Sheidnyr. Then N sent out his own Carrocosta, Grimm took it down easily with Leaf Blade(after Sturdy activated, mind you). His last Pokemon, Archeops, fell from one Waterfall from Sheidnyr. Phew.

After the battle, Ghetsis came in and said things that I won't spoil. But I didn't like him, Ghetsis, anymore afterward. He challenged me, and N healed my team!

TEAM PLASMA Mastermind: Ghetsis:

This battle was easier than the last. Grimm took down his Cofagrigus thanks to three Coils. He then sent out his Hydreigon(!) and had it use Fire Blast. OH YES. Grimm took the hit and survived, although brutally injured. Had him use Dragon Tail and did a good amount of damage and forced a switch. His Seismitoad was knocked out in one hit from Leaf Blade(Coil <3). He sent out his Hydreigon again and I had Garvenn take it out with with Megahorn after it took massive damage. After that he sent out his own Bouffalant and I had Ike take it down with Fly. He sent out his Bisharp. I had Garvenn spam Revenge on it and won easily. He sent out his final Pokemon, Eelektross while I kept out Garvenn. It was almost a battle of attrition(Wild Bolt, Wild Charge). Garvenn ended up winning easily anyway.

After I smashed him, Ghetsis started insulting N, after a few more words, Alder and Cheren took him away and then N was all, "I never truly understood Pokemon..." and told me to pursue my dream before flying off in a cool way.

MISSION ALL OVER!

Grimm the Serperior level 55: I ended up having a physical set on him, wasn't even trying. He never disappointed me throughout the game, and his performance in the League and against N and Ghetsis was just amazing. Coil makes a physical set amazing. Leaf Blade after a few Coils is crazy. Dragon Tail is also helpful to it. Forcing out switches and a little more coverage. I say High tier because he's a bro.

Haruha the Audino level 52: Unfortunately, she barely saw action in the league. But, in the gyms she was an absolute tank. The HP helps, although her offense slowed down in the Dragonspiral Tower, which is pretty late. Secret Power and Take Down are her main attack moves. Simple Beam is great in changing annoying abilities. As the game went on her offense slowed down, but her tankyness was unchanged and unhindered. High Mid.

Shiednyr the Carracosta level 54: Monster. Deals great damage, and takes hits. It isn't very fast, but speed isn't everything anyway. It's starting moves(after being revived from a fossil) Crunch, Knock Down, Aqua Jet and Wide Guard are all nice. Ended up giving him Waterfall, Aqua Tail and Rock Slide. Having one of two abilities, Sturdy and Solid Rock is great. Sturdy is great for those surprise Energy Balls or Counters. Saved me during this run. High

Hildegard the Escavalier level 52: The trade evolution(thanks Eclipse) is well worth it. Added power and defenses is a great thing. The steel typing is great for it, and a curse. Access to Swords Dance and Iron Defense is a great thing, especially coupled with Iron Head and X-Scissor would make this Pokemon and absolute monster. Even though she's slow, it doesn't matter if she's knocking other Pokemon out left and right. High, if you count trade evolving a negative, High Mid

Ike the Braviary level 54: I'll admit, I grinded so he would evolve. IF ONLY you could catch a Rufflet earlier, I would say a lot of great things about it. Even though I will now. The evolution helped out his power and durability a great deal. Sheer Force is made of happy and sunshine. Moves like Rock Slide and Crush Claw are stronger with it. Unfortunately as a Rufflet it's hard to train since it can't take a hit well enough, and it's slow exp gain is annoying. Only softened with the Lucky Egg. You probably could evolve it in the League at a high enough level, probably. Great Pokemon regardless, but since this is a draft and tier making, Low.

Garvenn the Bouffalant level 54: Whooooooooooooooah. It's a beast even when you first catch it. Reckless is awesome and makes recoil moves stronger, as well as increasing the recoil. It can also have Sap Sipper which eats the grass attack and increases the attack(wonder how he'd eat Solar Beam...). He can take his and dish them out, not all that fast. But like I said, speed isn't even everything. Arriving late hurts it a bit, but not too much. High Mid maybe even Low High.

Helios the Heatmor level 41: Barely used him. Only used him in the domes in Nimbasa City. Got though the game without the help of a fire type anyway. Low

Thor the Zekrom level 50: Only caught it, never used it. Can't tell you where I'd put him.

Gym 8 (Opelucid City)

I clear out Plasma at the Dragonspiral Tower, and then clear them out of Desert Resort and go to the museum and grab Chekov's sphere. Then I slip past all but one unavoidable trainer on route 9, and slip by trainers on route 10 and capture a Vullaby and name it Samantha. Benched Maractus for the Vullaby. I then give it the Lucky Egg and clear out all of the trainers on routes 9 and 10 with it, and go through one battle at the Rotation House with it. This brings her up to level 48, at which point I give it 6 rare candies I have lying around to evolve it.

I then get some levels for my other team members in the gym, and take out Drayden with Emboar.

Emboar Lv46 (Emboar)

-Still pulling her own weight and then some.

George Lv46 (Seismitoad)

-Recently learned Drain Punch which gives him some coverage he has been wanting.

-Pulls weight just fine.

Jerry Lv44 (Maractus)

-I needed to bench somebody for Vullaby. Maractus was the obvious choice because he was pulling the least weight.

_-His movepool sucked to much for him to stay in the party.

Jenna Lv45(Swanna)

-Still an all around all right party member. Her attack is somewhat high.

Minipete Lv45 (Emolga)

-Can either kick ass with STAB Thunderbolt, or kick ass with STAB Acrobat if he isn't holding anything.

-Is being good.

Claire Lv45 (Beheeyem)

-Takes special hits like a champ.

-Recently got shadow ball.

-Dishes out damage like a champ.

Samantha Lv54 (Mandibuzz)

-I haven't used her since she evolved, but she is stupidly bulky. Nearly 200 HP, and over 100 in each defensive stat.

Edited by General Spoon

So you know that earlier post about how bad my team was against the Elite 4? Yeah well I FINALLY BEAT THEM. Turns out I just needed to get my entire team to 49-50. A notable lucky moment was when Marshall's Mienshao missed its high jump kick, allowing me to easily take him out.

So the castle was pretty cool. And those two chicks seemed pretty cool with the crazy hair. Anyways, I catch Reshiram and it takes the spot of Wax Baby, my Chandelure. I figured I didn't need two fire types.

My character's would be lover, N: Zekrom took out my Reshiram with a Giga Impact critical, Sucker took over using Dragon Claw. Didn't do a ton of damage though. I think Sucker died and somehow I revived Reshiram and used him to finish off Zekrom. I think, my short term memory loss is acting up real bad right now. Carrosta came out and I left Reshiram in because I didn't remember which pokemon Carracosta was, big mistake. He almost killed Reshiram, or maybe he did kill Reshiram. Anyways somehow I killed Carracosta. Archeops was taken out by Wotter the Samurott with one use of Aqua Tail. Zoroark, Klinkliang, and Vanilluxe were all easily taken out by Jet Li the Mienshao.

Ghetsis, the guy who looks like a moth: Reshiram took on Cofragrigus and won. I think. Reshiram was taken out by Bouffalant's Giga Impact. Wait! Didn't he get taken out by Giga Impact in the last battle? Ok so that means Zekrom didn't kill Reshiram but Carracosta did? Or maybe they both killed him? I have no idea anymore. Anyways I send someone else out to kill Bouffalant, but then they get killed by Seismitoad, who inturn gets Ice Beamed by Snocapone the Vanilluxe. Bisharp is taken out by...Wotter maybe? The dreaded Hydreigon gets taken out by Snocapone. And Elektross gets taken out by my elektross? No...Elektross kills My Sucker with flamethrower...and then somehow I take it out.

oh my character is a girl by the way. And i say N is her would be lover because that moment they share at the end of the game sure seems really romantic and lovey dovey.

Anyways, OVERALL THOUGHTS AND RANKINGS:

Smurott(52): Can take out the first three gyms practically by himself. Starts off as an absolute beast. His speed is a problem but he gets some good physical attacks to go with his good attack, namely Razor Shell and Aqua Tail. Those two moves were essential to his usefulness. I'd say High Tier for overall usefulness and of course, great availability.

Mienshao(51): Mienshao is great. Shes fast and shes really strong and was one of my most useful pokemon during the Elite Four. But Mienfoo is not so great. She was still pretty strong and wasn't too slow. But the only reason she was usuable was because I had the eviolite on her the entire time. She was way to fragile. And those fragility issues didn't go away when she evolved. Also she wasn't available until before the 7th gym, granted that is a good spot for a fighting pokemon. Also she didn't evolve until level 50. I had to spend special time leveling her just so she would evolve and actually be usable against the Elite 4. Of the 4 other fighting types that aren't legendary, Meinfoo is the 2nd fastest but the weakest while Mienshao is the fastest by a longshot and ties Sawk for strength(stronger than Throh, weaker than Conkledurr and Emboar). And while Mienshao might not seem worth using because she comes so much later than the others, but shes the only fighting type thats actually fast, and that makes her useful. Also, regenerator + U-turn. I'd say Mid Tier. It'd be higher is it evolved earlier.

Elektross(50): Tynamo pretty much sucks. You get it at level 22, it doesn't evolve until level 39, and it onlt learns new moves in its middle form. Elektrik is better than Tynamo in every way, except for speed. Yes, when Tynamo evolves, it gets slower. Elektrik is good with spark and crunch, and decent with thunderbolt. Elektross would make be a mixed attacker powerhouse if not for his defenses and terrible speed. They aren't terrible but my Sucker got screwed when it comes to defense. Dragon Claw and Wild Charge are extremely useful moves. Also levitate is a good ability for it. Kind of difficult to find. I'd say the bottom of Mid or the top of Low tier.

Crustle(49): Crustle is great as long as he isn't facing someone with high defense or a special attack. Even with enhanced speed he was too slow to do much in the late game. He has good moves and type coverage, but it just wasn't enough. Maybe he would be more useful with sturdy but mine had shell armor. I'd say bottom of mid tier.

Vanilluxe(53): Vanillite is a pain to train. But it comes just before a ground type gym. THen it can be used in the Flying tyoe gym. So he is useful there. Mirror Shot/Flash Cannon make him usable in the 7th gym. And of course he is extremely valuable against Drayden/Iris. As Vanilluxe he is great. He has great special attack, decent attack, good defense and sp.defense, and ok speed. His main problem is type coverage and a crappy movepool. Not to mention its ability, Ice Body, need hail to be of any use. I'd say the top of mid tier.

Chandelure(51): Pretty much in the exact same boat as Vanilluxe. His final evolution has great stats, but he has a really limited movepool(at least until you can get the right tms). Top of mid tier.

Amoongus: Well I didn't use him the entire time I had him and his stats really suck besides he large HP. But he had an awesome combo of Ingrain, Gigadrain, and Toxic/Effect Spore that pretty much made him invincible. It may take him 5 turns or so to kill anything, but usually he'd do it with almost all of his health in tact. Low tier for crappy stats. But he still looks really cool.

Not even gonna do Reshiram.

Mistralton Gym.

Emboar     Nathan       40 Adamant  141 124  75  83  63  79 Blaze

Moves

Flame Charge/Arm Thrust/Bulldoze/Scald

He's not disappointing me at all. Still ravages everything in his path. He felt a bit more fragile but that's mostly become of common Psychic and Flying types. I also got lucky since it wasn't raining on Route 7.

Excadrill  Skwisgaar    38 Adamant  136 128  62  39  60  88 Sand Force

Moves

Earthquake/Hone Claws/Rock Slide/Shadow Claw

Nothing wants to be on the other hand of his metal claws with such a crazy high attack. His Steel Typing is fairly valuable and he beat the gym all by himself with 84 HP to spare. I wonder why the Duckletts didn't use Water attacks on him (I was trying to keep my Rock Slide PP and attacking them with Shadow Claw instead) but meh. I didn't get to try the big E yet, but it should be pretty fantastic.

Scolipede  Pickles      38 Adamant   97  93  88  43  60 102 Swarm

Moves

Megahorn/Poison Tail/Rock Smash/Bulldoze

His case likely won't change anytime soon. He's at his last stage of evolution, he isn't as powerful as most of my other Pokémon other than by using the 80% accurate Megahorn, but still takes hits nicely, though his typing kinda hurts him in the current area.

Scrafty    Dr Rockzo    39 Impish   112  90 116  39  99  65 Moxie

Moves

Hi Jump Kick/Crunch/Dig/Return

Here we have the team's defensive champ. He didn't show up much after his evolution in the Chargestone Cave off Team Plasma to let the others catch him, but he's still going strong. Crunch is a welcome addition over the only decent Faint Attack.

Beartic    Toki         38 Modest   127  81  76  78  65  48 Snow Cloak

Moves

Icy Wind/Grass Knot/Brine/Hail

First of all, I'll admit I did a bit of cheating with him. I just put April to get a Winter season to catch him. Otherwise I would've waited after Mistralton Gym, which I didn't like much. I'm not sure if it's a viable tactic, but at least he's common next to Cryogonal, who still has a 5% chance to spawn in Winter.

With that aside, I know I got a pretty strange nature for him, but I figure I could always make him a Hail sweeper thanks to Blizzard in Icirrus. None of my Pokémon use special attacks often so I felt he could be of use. Sadly, he didn't turn out quite as good as I thought. Being an Ice type, he's weak to a lot of things ranging from random Fighting attacks to all the Litwicks in the tower. As a Cubchoo he was also pretty slow and fairly weak, but thankfully I got lucky with a few Audinos (I think 3) and he had a few relatively safe levels. Even after evolving he's a pretty mixed bag because he's extremely sluggish. When I picked him I didn't realize I would pick Axew later either. Stunfisk might even have a chance at taking his spot as a special attacker...

I'll probably just catch my Axew and call it quits for tonight. I'll also have to teach Flash to my Pansage so that I can get the Rock Slide TM.

Edited by Dark Chocolate

Elite 4, N and Ghetsis (Pokemon League)

I go through Victory Road, and finalize some movepools when I get to the Pokemon League.

I first fight Shauntal. I lead with Beheeyem, who I am able to get 6 Calm Minds. She then proceeds to sweep 3 of Shauntal's members with Shadow Ball, before Golurk outspeeds her and KOs her with Earthquak. Seismitoad KOs Golurk with Surf.

Next is Grimsley. I used a few members, mostly Emboar. He wasn't hard.

Then is Marshal. I lead with Emolga, who breaks Throh's Sturdy with Acrobatics (he doesn't put it into Full Restore range because Throh is bulky as hell). Throh uses Stone Edge on Emolga, who has a defense raising nature and a weakness to rock, and Emolga survives it (barely). Emolga then KOs it with Acrobatics. Marshal sends in Sawk, and Emolga breaks its Sturdy by switching out with Volt Switch. I send in Swanna to absorb the Stone Edge by fainting, and then Emolga comes back in to finish off Sawk with Acrobatics. Emolga then weakens Conckledurr with Acrobatics before fainting when Conckledurr activates Emolga's Static, and I send in Beheeyem to finish the match.

Last is Caitlin. I leasd with Emolga, who sets up a completely unnecessary and Volt Switches out to Beheeyem, who sets up 6 Calm Minds and sweeps her team with Shadow Ball.

After some walking, I capture Reshiram and send Seismitoad to the PC to get it. I then beat N, and then I beat Ghetsis. Mandibuzz saw some use here as a wall while I healed some of my party members.

Emboar Lv49 (Emboar)

-Pulled her weight all the way through the end.

George Lv48 (Seismitoad)

-He was the least useful party member at this point (Mandibuzz may have been less useful, but I wanted to see how she performed), so I had already decided he would be getting the bench before I started fighting the E4.

Jerry Lv44 (Maractus)

-He was benched a while ago.

Jenna Lv48(Swanna)

-She got Brave Bird near the end, which gave her some offense that she wanted. I she didn't get to leverage it much though.

Minipete Lv49 (Emolga)

-Did very well in this part of the game.

Claire Lv53 (Beheeyem)

-Calm Mind was very nice, allowing her to sweep if she could set it up.

Samantha Lv54 (Mandibuzz)

-Was used as a wall while I healed some party members.

Reshiram Lv52 (Reshiram)

-Performed well enough I guess.

Thoughts on Team Members

Emboar: She was available for the whole game, and was always able to perform well. She does slow down a bit later in the game, but then she picked up Flamethrower and she did just fine after that. Not a whole lot to say about a starter that does well all game really. Um, STAB Arm Thrust was pretty awesome earlygame when there were Normal types everywhere I suppose. I guess I would say she belongs somewhere in High.

Seismitoad: He is available for most of the game, and performed quite well when I got him. He was able to deal damage just fine. I noticed that he was slowing down a bit over the course of the game, or at least compared to other members of my team, because his offensive stats just weren't growing as fast as other members of my party. By the end of the game he was the obvious choice to bench for Reshiram. Not that he was bad; he just wasn't as good as my other party members. I'd probably place him somewhere around Lower High.

Maractus: Available somewhat early in the game (Desert Resort), he has a high Special Attack stat. He also gets STAB Giga Drain rather early, which is very nice. However, that's about all he gets. The only offensive moves beyond Giga Drain that he gets are Return/Petal Dance/Ariel Ace/Poison Jab/Sucker Punch/Hidden Power. I may be forgetting a few, but they probably aren't notable. All of these moves, bar hidden power (GL HF getting a good one on a regular playthrough) run off of his inferior Attack stat, which isn't anything special. He was dropped later in the game because he was lagging. I would place him somewhere in Upper Low.

Swanna: Available during midgame, she was always a good party member with nice STAB attacks, a good Attack and a decent Special Attack, and a good Speed stat. She also joins before the ground gym, which means she can get some easy experience to catch up there. This didn't really change over the course of the game, and she did get Brave Bird for greater offense at the end of the game, though she used it only twice maybe. Her movepool is limited, but its not like she wanted anything outside of her Water and Flying STABs anyways. I guess I would place her in Mid; maybe possibly Upper Mid.

Emolga: He's actually available before the Nimbassa Gym, which is around the end of earlygame. I didn't get that one, instead I used the trade Emolga from Route 7. He never disappointed. Emolga gets Acrobatics as soon as Lv30, and that and Volt Change and the Thunderbolt TM are all he really wants, which allows him to run a support me (mine ran Light Screen, though Reflect would have probably been better). I was able to stick Lucky Egg on the trade Emolga so that he gained experience quite quickly, and Acrobatics is quite powerful when he isn't holding anything. And he never really slowed down while I had him. I guess if I had gotten an Emolga earlier I would say that he belongs in Upper Mid. I would try and argue him to lower high if I thought I could get away with it.

Beheeyem: Comes near the end of midgame, which could be better. She also starts slow, but gets much better after she evolves. She wants the Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball TMs for coverage, and she has no problem taking special hits and dealing damage with special attacks. Her speed is somewhat slow. She learns Calm Mind naturally, which works quite well for her, as I found out during the E4. I suppose I would put her in Mid.

Mandibuzz: Comes really late. To evolve her I had to reserve two routes of trainers, the route 9 store trainers, and a battle at the Rotation House for her. Even then she needed 6 Rare Candies I had lying around. And after all that I really only got something that could take hits while I healed members of my party. I would place her in Lower Low.

Reshiram: Is good while its around. Would place it in Neutral.

Edited by General Spoon

Icirrus Gym.

Emboar     Nathan       43 Adamant  151 135  81  90  67  86 Blaze

Moves

Flame Charge/Brick Break/Bulldoze/Rock Slide

Not much changed with him. He usually attacks first and if he hits for super effective he'll likely kill it in one hit. Arm Thrust was fun while it lasted, but I have something better against those annoying Boldores. Speaking of which, it would take three pimp slaps to kill them, but I'd often get two, leaving me to take a Power Gem or a Rock Slide in the face. At least they don't have Selfdestruct.

Excadrill  Skwisgaar    41 Adamant  146 141  67  43  64  96 Sand Force

Moves

Earthquake/Hone Claws/Rock Slide/Brick Break

His coverage is pretty insane. If it's not a Boldore or a Cubchoo trying to Endure, it usually dies in one hit. Then you have the awesome Steel typing to take care of his pretty average defenses. All around he's still excellent at killing and taking hits. A perfect killing machine, possibly even better than Nathan.

Scolipede  Pickles      42 Adamant  107 103  97  47  66 113 Swarm

Moves

Megahorn/Poison Jab/Bulldoze/Rock Slide

He's doing pretty good thanks to a few new attacks that give him a bit more power. Twist Mountain wasn't too kind to him with all the Boldores and Gurdurrs with Rock Slide, but the gym was a fairly safe area where he could smash teddies, ice cream cones and snowflakes to catch up on the team.

Scrafty    Dr Rockzo    43 Impish   123 100 129  43 109  73 Moxie

Moves

Hi Jump Kick/Crunch/Dig/Rock Slide

Still outspeeds most of his enemies while taking little damage other than Fighting types like Gurdurr or Flying types like Swoobat. Moxie still makes him plow through trainers.

Beartic    Toki         39 Modest   130  84  78  79  67  49 Snow Cloak

Moves

Blizzard/Grass Knot/Surf/Hail

I'm not sure what to say about him. Ice type makes him really fragile, his nature isn't helping, his ability is situational and he's really slow. I figure I should've obtained an Adamant or a Jolly one and make him a physical sweeper but even then I don't think he would've been interesting. When evolved I figure he'd have a great coverage with Icicle Crash/Brick Break/Rock Slide/Shadow Claw, but he'd still be in the shadow of Emboar who is basically Beartic statwise (a bit more HP, offense and speed, slightly less defenses) with a better typing and STAB on Brick Break.

Haxorus    Murderface   48 Naughty  140 179 103  63  72 102 Mold Breaker

Moves

Dragon Claw/Swords Dance/X-Scissor/Brick Break

He's not horrible to train at all, especially once he gets Dragon Dance, which is one to two levels right after you catch him. I gave him a few trainers I left behind for him and with a few Audinos he was able to evolve into a Fraxure right before Twist Mountain. Once in there, he continued to rip apart trainers and wild Pokémon alike, especially those annoying Sturdy Boldores with his Mold Breaker ability. At first he could just use Dig to slay them, but over time he could use Dragon Claw and still get them. Thanks to a few Rare Candies, he was able to evolve around the Doctor.

From the start he can get a pretty good coverage with moves like X-Scissor, Dig and Poison Jab. I went with the first two while keeping Dragon Claw and Dragon Dance and he would breeze through trainers after one Dance, even as an Axew.

I don't think I'll use him much until the next gym. The others have to catch up on his level lead.

Stunfisk   Facebones    35 Modest   124  48  68  75  85  34 Limber

Moves

Scald/Mud Bomb/Discharge/Thunder Wave

I didn't have a chance to try him yet. He gained three levels just from the Exp. Share while Pickles, Skwisgaar and Dr. Rockzo held the Egg turn by turn and destroyed the gym.

I don't expect much of him. He seems a bit durable and able to give good special hits, but he's also really sluggish and I would've liked Static better than Limber. Oh well, he's a last choice, so that's normal. I would've liked Tynamo way better than him, but c'est la vie.

Edited by Dark Chocolate

Opelucid Gym.

Emboar     Nathan       47 Adamant  166 149  89  98  73  95 Blaze

Moves

Flame Charge/Brick Break/Bulldoze/Rock Slide

He's still pretty pimp. Still OHKOes shit before it comes at him thanks to his speed, strength and coverage. Couldn't ask for more, though I may switch a move for a TM soon...

Excadrill  Skwisgaar    47 Adamant  167 165  77  48  74 110 Sand Force

Moves

Earthquake/Swords Dance/Rock Slide/Brick Break

Those claws shred the competition mercilessly. Since I have a buffer move he happens to take hits once in a while, but they're usually not very effective so it's definitely nothing to worry about. Swords Dance + Earthquake + dat attack = ouch.

Scolipede  Pickles      47 Adamant  120 117 109  53  73 128 Swarm

Moves

I was probably a bit harsh on him earlier, but he's basically a slightly weaker, slightly beefier Skwissgar without the awesome typing. He takes hits more often, but they don't mean too much to him, while he will usually OHKO anything in front with his Megahorn, sometimes even with Poison Jab.

Scrafty    Dr Rockzo    47 Impish   135 111 141  46 119  81 Moxie

Moves

Hi Jump Kick/Crunch/Dig/Rock Slide

He's pretty funny. While he's the tankiest member of the team by a good amount, he usually doesn't take any damage because he's too busy killing anything in sight with properly aimed rising knees to the face before they have a chance to even strike back. He's not a speed demon but that speed still allows him to outspeed most.

Moves

He warmed the bench with his white furry ass.

Haxorus    Murderface   48 Naughty  140 179 103  63  72 102 Mold Breaker

Moves

I used him once in an epic Haxorus duel. Once as in Dragon Claw and it's over.

Stunfisk   Facebones    47 Modest   164  70  90 101 113  46 Limber

Moves

Scald/Mud Bomb/Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave

I finally got to train him and he's an interesting case, though he's pretty similar to Pickles, which was at least to be expected.

Starting with the Dragon Tower, he'd be close to Goletts in terms of speed, but a Scald would usually kill them. Druddigons were a bit too much for him unless he had full HP. Following that he could get easy kills on the Krokoroks inside the Relic Castle if they weren't assholes and used Dig. At this point he pretty much caught up with the group (sans Murderface of course) in terms of levels.

Following this I rotated my team each level they would gain (I love you Lucky Egg for making this twice as fast). On his turns he'd probably still have some trouble because he's really slow and would take hits, but thankfully he's defensively quite able thanks to a very high base HP and above average defenses (apparently Sp. Def. is his best IV too). As a special attacker he can at least deal nice damage thanks to a nice coverage. I could replace Thunder Wave for Sludge Bomb but at this point Grass types should be rare. And paired with Poison on top of that.

In short, ugh speed, good defenses to balance that and a middling offense that is on par with Pickles. He might have some extra use as a burn/paralysis inducer later as well.

7th gym:

Astra the Klank, Level 40: I used him once: to take down Beartic and Cryogonal in the gym fight which netted him two levels effortlessly. I still consider him average nonetheless.

Enjo the Samurott, Level 40: Saw a decent amount of action and is pretty decent now. Water Pulse is a handy move to have and Revenge can have its moments when supper effective. Decent but not super good.

Iris the Leavanny, Level 37: Still awesome. Nothing else to say.

Furet the Watchog, Level 37: Did a decent job in the gym. Decent. No more no less.

Dio the Cofagrigus, Level 37: Average to decent. Has its good moments but is rather fragile sadly.

Lumi the Swoobat, Level 38: I still love this one. She's amazing at times, though she has had some bad moments due to loliceandrockenemies :<

Elite Four and up : incoming wall of text.

Vs. Shauntal : Skwisgaar in the lead with the Lucky Egg. Takes a Will-o-Wisp, and two Shadow Balls from Cofagrigus. He uses Swords Dance thrice. After a Full Restore, Shauntal was victim of clawed rape.

Vs. Grimsley : Nathan in the lead with the Lucky Egg. Grimsley wastes his Full Restores on Scraggy as Nathan can't quite OHKO it with Brick Break (red health though). Since he did recieve a Sand-Attack, I switch in favor of Murderface with the Amulet Coin against Krookodile. I forgot Krookodile had Dragon Claw and was faster on top of that, but Murderface managed to beat her with 2 Brick Breaks...with 1 HP left. Next is Bisharp and I send Nathan in again for Flame Charge, followed by his Aerial Ace, then my Bulldoze. Liepard faints thanks to a single Brick Break after a Fake Out from her.

Vs. Caithlyn : Dr. Rockzo in the lead with the Lucky Egg. Kinda like with Grimsley, Caithlyn wastes her Full Restores on Reuniclus as Dr Rockzo can't kill it completely. Rockzo avoided a nasty focus Blast, though. Didn't help that I got no -Def proc. Then I did something stupid, which is using Rock Slide over Crunch against Sigyliph, which made me switch to Skwissgar so that he could kill that bird. Back to Rockzo against Musharna, he Crunches, she misses with Charge Beam, he Crunches again and winds. Gothitelle required only one Crunch.

Vs. Marshal : Toughest one of the bunch. No Flying or Psychic attacks and the only one in my party who can resist Fighting is weak to Rock, which all of his Pokémon carry. Initially I thought I'd go with Murderface and Nathan, but instead here's what happened. Murderface uses Dragon Claw, Throh uses Bulldoze and Murderface finishes with another Dragon Claw. Against Sawk, Murderface stalled with potions and Swords Dance and then OHKOed it (remember the Mold Breaker) with Dragon Claw. Conkeldurr couldn't do anything before his concerete blocks were reduced to dust. Against Mienshao, I noticed it was faster and would do enough damage to 2HKO Murdeface with Jump Kick. I decided to switch for Pickles, who used Bulldoze to make it slower. After being hit by a Rock Slide, I switch to Skwisgaar who uses Earthquake and wins the fight.

Vs. Reshiram : Facebones uses Thunder Wave, then Flash six times, then Mud Bomb twice, then Thunderbolt once. Easy catch in the red life.

Vs. N : Zekrom uses Fusion Bolt and Dethklok (Reshiram) uses Dragonbreath. However, Zekrom's HP is still in the green thanks to a pretty low Special Attack score on Dethklok. Then he builds up a Light Screen, heals, uses Fusion Bolt twice, and then Giga Impact, killing Dethklok while it was pretty much helpless.

While it's charging I bring out Skwisgaar and begin to use Swords Dance. First turn, he recharges. Second turn he uses Light Screen. Third turn he uses Zen Headbutt. Then, Skwisgaar shows what he's made of by killing Zekrom with Earthquake. He brings Carracosta. I have the idea of using Rock Slide and Carracosta flinches. An Earthquake later and he brings up, in order, Zoroark as Klinklank (Brick Break'd), Vanilluxe (Anyone wants rocky road ice cream?), Klinklank (Brick Break'd) and finally Archeops (Brick Break'd).

Vs. Ghetsis :

"Cofagrigus, use Tox-"

*Switches Dethklok for Skwisgaar*

"'sup, bitches?"

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"

And it pretty much was the same as with N. In order : Cofagrigus was dug a new grave, Hydreigon had his heads sliced off by a karate chop (Skwisgaar survived a Focus Blast with 29 HP, ending all the DENNISes), proceeded to make minced meat out of Bouffalant with another chop, Seismitoad was shown who's the king of quakes, Eelektross was chopped into eel sushi and Bisharp was broken apart by, you guessed it, another karate chop.

Final thoughts and stats :

Emboar     Nathan       53 Adamant  187 171 100 110  82 107 Blaze

Moves

Flame Charge/Brick Break/Bulldoze/Wild Charge

AFAIK I was pretty lucky with his speed considering it is his highest IV. I can't quite compare him with IOS' since he had a speed reducing nature, but mine had no real speed problems at all, though he was occasionally going second due to really fast things like Zebstraikas. Otherwise, his high attack, great versatility (Dude he has a WATER attack! How cool is that!?) and, best of all, perfect availability earned him many kills. I've had no issues with him defensively either thanks to his high HP. Still wished he had lower Special Attack for somethiing he could use better like Defense or Speed, but that's mostly for competitive and it applies to nearly all Fire types.

Top tier or top of high tier candidate for sure. He starts nicely and the Fighting type makes him that much better with Team Plasma using all these Normal and Dark types. Arm Thrust goes a long way to destroy them and can even help against Boldores too a bit later.

Excadrill  Skwisgaar    58 Adamant  204 206  96  61  91 136 Sand Force

Moves

Earthquake/Swords Dance/Rock Slide/Brick Break

His...uh...berserker rage in the final part of the game aside, he was still an excellent asset to the team. I'll admit first and foremost : you WILL need Repels if you want to catch him early. His start is also pretty iffy since his moves aren't interesting, but once you can get Rock Smash and Dig, this Pokémon is in business. Good to great HP, Attack and Speed make him a threat to most Pokémon you will encounter. His low defenses should usually be patched when he evolves and gain the VERY useful Steel type. He can also get an Attack buffer early with Hone Claws, which will usually be replaced by Swords Dance. With him you also get the earliest Earthquake of the game, and with such an amzing Attack score and STAB, he will you proud of choosing him as your Ground type. Finally, he's also compatible with a wide range of TMs and can be heavily customized. Want to slay annoying Cofagrigi? Give him Shadow Claw. Flying types laughing at your Earthquakes? Try Rock Slide (which he gains naturally too). Want to own team Plasma? Have no fear, Brick Break is here.

Top tier or top of high tier candidate. He's annoying to find and the first level can be a bit difficult, but the effort is WELL worth it.

Scolipede  Pickles      52 Adamant  132 132 123  59  80 142 Swarm

Moves

A mixed bag Pokémon. He has good Defense, but crap HP. Good Attack, but in-game coverage moves he can get aren't all that powerful, his Attack isn't quite high enough to get easy kills like the other two mentionned earlier and STAB Poison is nothing too great. Early on, he's a bit slow. Later, his speed is overkill. He does have several positives. He comes early in an area full of Grass types for easy training, evolves quickly and his Bug STAB is quite good, especially with Megahorn which tends to destroy through anything that doesn't resist it, or at least cause serious damage later on. He's a decent Pokémon but he has a fair bit of issues. Mid tier is perfect for him.

Scrafty    Dr Rockzo    53 Impish   151 128 162  53 134  91 Moxie

Moves

Hi Jump Kick/Crunch/Dragon Claw/Rock Slide

My favorite new Pokémon, design-wise. In-game wise? Excellent, but not perfect. Moxie gives him a lot of favors by boosting his good Attack even more, while Hi Jump Kick nearly guarantees the first kill on a Trainer fight. His STAB are also a blessing as Fighting and Dark go together extremely well and his coverage moves are also quite nice. In fact, Moxie makes him easily able to OHKO later trainer Pokémons with coverage moves. Early on, you will love Faint Attack and Brick Break (level 20 only!). Defensively, his HP isn't perfect, but his defenses are so high it won't matter much. His speed is average, but it's usually enough.

Even if you don't have Moxie, Shed Skin will still make him very useful, just more focused on defense with Rest. Either ability seem fine, but Moxie seems to take the cake for me.

Bottom of top tier or high tier. Lower than Tepig and Drilbur only because he comes later, but he's still around for most of the game.

Moves

I'll blame the crappy nature I got him. If I could, I would restart to get something better, but even then I don't know how he could be any better. His starting moves are nothing impressive as they are mostly special. Few good TMs are compatible with Cubchoo. He's frail for being an Ice type, his ability is situational and he's slow on top of that. Honestly even if I tried as a physical sweeper, I don't think he'd get any higher than low tier, perhaps top of bottom tier.

Haxorus    Murderface   53 Naughty  154 202 115  69  79 114 Mold Breaker

Moves

He likely won't get much action as an Haxorus, but even then he's not bad. Getting Dragon Dance a level or two after capture helps him a good amount, but you can also give him moves such as Dig, X-Scissor and Poison Jab, on top of the Dragon Claw he has naturally. Once he evolves into a Fraxure, he'll likely remain slightly frail and borderline slow (though you are facing slow shit in that cave, so it's not so bad), but his high Attack and Mold Breaker will let him eliminate Boldores in Twist Mountain in a single hit using Dig. Should you wait a bit more to evolve him, he can still pick up Shadow Claw and fight Cofagrigi in the Relic Castle to get the last levels he should need to evolve into a Haxorus, giving him amazing attack, speed and access to both Swords Dance and Brick Break. In short : high offense, great coverage, great typing, but comes late and is a bit annoying to level up due to unreliable defenses, speed and a slow experience curve. Bottom of mid tier.

Stunfisk   Facebones    49 Modest   172  74  94 105 117  48 Limber

Moves

Flash/Mud Bomb/Thunderbolt/Thunder Wave

At first I thought I wouldn't even touch him, but on a second look I discovered a sturdy Pokémon with an interesting movepool. His main drawbacks are coming late, right before a gym he can't even do good against, and an atrocious speed. His typing is a mixed bag as well, considering Electric types aren't all that great lategame, but at least that means he can counter his slow speed with Thunder Wave or Discharge if you're feeling any lucky. Sure, he comes late, but he doesn't require any stupid evolution at some sky high level to perform at his full strength and even then, he doesn't come as late as something like Deino. Still, he's mostly novelty, and I mostly picked him because I felt like having a Special attacker, even though my first choice would've been Tynamo. Somewhere in low tier should be adequate.

As final words, I'm really loving Generation 5 so far. We'll see with the other games.

Edited by Dark Chocolate

Alright, I got to the credits and all I'll do now is post my final impressions.

Serperior 51: It's been doing its job pretty well, always taking down enemies that weren't resistant against Grass-type moves within one or two hits. It had to be ditched completely for the gyms that were resistant against it though, which was happening more often than not. Upper Mid

Simipour 50: A reliable buddy until the midgame, then you have to baby him since the number of evolved Pokémon is growing quickly and its useful moves come in the early 40s. Upper Mid

Cinccino 52: With a versatile moveset that covers many types, especially ones that appear frequently during the endgame, this Pokémon is quite the underdog. I'm actually thinking about using it in my multiplayer team. High

Reuniclus 50: Due to its very low speed and physical defense it goes down very quickly against physical attackers and Dark-type Pokémon, of which appear very many after the 8th badge, so not even its great Special stats can shine through. Lower Mid

Gigalith 50: A physical powerhouse able to take down many Pokémon the rest of my team can not. Its low speed and the growing number of Fighting-types prevent it from truly breaking through. Upper Mid

Zebstrika 46: Once a very reliable Pokémon with good stats its limited moveset made it fall through very quickly during the endgame. It had to be the one I replaced for Zekrom. Mid

Shelmet 39: I trained him for a bit, then I found out that there was no partner for me to trade-evolve it with. The wasted EXP made it that I was underleveled for Ghetsis, so I had to go grind for a bit. Low

Kaiser (Zekrom 51): Nothing special, it helped me out against a few Pokémon the rest of my team couldn't cope with. Too bad most of Ghetsis' Pokémon are resistant against Electric-types. Mid

Overall my team is pretty good until you reach Opelucid City. Due to my team's typings being weak to the enemies from then on and due to my team's movepools not having any useful moves against Dragon and Dark types its usefulness drops by about 80% and you have to go out of your way to beat the game.

I might post a status update after exploring the post-game content but I'd like to transfer my Pokémon from my Heart Gold version first.

Edited by Ike-Mike

• 3 weeks later...

8th gym, been a while so I can't remember that much

Enjo the Samurott, Level 42

Not much to say. Did his job, but not too good. Megahorn is useful for him

Dio the Cofagrigus, Level 42

See above. Shadow Ball was a good addition to his movepool, but he needs some non-ghost moves and more HP.

Furet the Watchog, Level 41

Valuable in the gym with strength/crunch and hypnosis/confuse ray, decent enough for me

Iris the Leavanny, Level 42

Did an excellentj ob. Leaf Blade and X-scissor along with Return can cover most enemies.

Lumi the Swoobat, Level 42

Not that outstanding since she falls quite easily, but can do good damage with psychic

Astra the Klank, Level 44

Did a surprsingly good job. Steel and electric moves come in handy too. Can stay alive quite long.

Edited by EnjolrasMTA

• 1 month later...

So, um... it's been a while. Yup. Beat Drayden with surprisingly no difficulty, but his Gym Trainers were a pain in the rear end. Whaddya mean I can't go back the way I came from for free healz!?

Bacon (Emboar, Level 42): Again, after not being locked in Suckerville as a Pignite, he's finally gotten decent, at least. He destroyed Drayden's Fraxure and Druddigon with Rollout. Lulz ensued.

Terri (Stoutland, Level 43): Terri definitely carries my team. After getting a Heart Scale, I went to the Move Tutor to teach her Ice Fang. She 2shotted Haxorus, which was nice.

Munnybank (Munna, Level 40): This guy is being a pain. Not only does he not do good damage, he's also Much frailer than the rest of my team. Evolving him as soon as he learns Dream Eater.

Plume (Unfezant, Level 41): Plume isn't bad, but she isn't exactly good, either. I guess being able to 2shot Fraxure is nice, but her Speed in general leaves much to be desired.

Lillil (Lilligant, Level 42): Lillil didn't see much action, due to being Grass-locked, but of the few battles she participated in, she was still as good as ever.

Redeye (Basculin, Level 41): Redeye's still decent, but his Defense leaves much to be desired. Still, he hits hard, and I like using him.

Dio the Cofagrigus Lv. 45

Enjo the Samurott Lv. 51

Iris the Leavanny Lv. 48

Lumi the Swoobat Lv. 46

Astra the Klang Lv. 47

Furet the Watchog Lv. 46, got dropped in favor of Zekrom

Haven't touched it since my last post, but I forgot to update my results post league. Can't really tht much about them, except that Leavanny was by far the most useful, followed by Swoobat and Samurott, Klank lagging behind along with Watchog and Cofagrigus at the bottom of the ladder.

VS Marshall: Quick and easy fight. Plume (Unfezant) was in the lead and K. O.'d his Throh. Munnybank (Musharna) swept the rest.

VS Caitlin: Again, an easy sweep. Plume weakened her Reuniclus, and Terri (Stoutland) swept everything else.

VS Grimsley: Grimsley gave me the most trouble out of the four, which still isn't much. Bacon (Emboar) was the only one K.O.'d, out of the four Pokemon I used.

VS Shauntal: Shauntal wasn't anything special. Terri, Plume, Redeye(Basculin), and Lillil (Lilligant) made short work out of each of her Pokemon.

VS Reshiram: lolno. Master Ball'd.

Bacon 45

Terri 47

Plume 47

Munnybank 47

Lillil 48

Redeye 45

VS N: I... actually didn't record what went down with N. A few Pokes got knocked out, but it was still a fairly easy fight. Bacon got the bench in favor of Bombero (Reshiram).

VS Ghetsis: Terri took out his lead with a little difficulty. Just... that Hydreigon. It outsped EVERYTHING. I ended up using Munnybank and spamming Moomoo Milk until he ran out of Dragon Pulses. Lillil made everything else a cakewalk and cleaned up house.

Final Levels:

Bacon (Emboar) 45

Terri (Stoutland) 48

Plume (Unfezant) 47

Munnybank (Musharna) 50

Lillil (Lilligant) 50

Redeye (Basculin) 45

Bombero (Reshiram) 50

Emboar: I... didn't really like using him; he seemed to be there solely for coverage. As people have said earlier, the Tepig line has a great beginning and decent end, but the middle stage as a Pignite was...troublesome, to say the least. Elesa's Emolgas and their Aerial Aces... *shudder* HP and Attack are great, but Defenses are subpar, even with the massive HP. Overall, I'd place him in Mid or Lower Mid.

Stoutland: Definitely a good, dependable, well-rounded Pokemon. It comes early with decent speed, good bulk, high attack, and a decent movepool. All these traits land this pup somewhere between Upper Mid and High.

Unfezant: I had the misfortune of obtaining a Pidove with an Attack-reducing nature. If if weren't for this, I think it would've been a solid Pokemon on my team and not something to constantly baby. It seems to have some problems with Speed, but it does reliable damage with moves such as Acrobat (I opted for Fly due to convenience) and Return. Unfortunately, that secondary Flying-type isn't doing it any favors mid-game forward.. However, it's available early on, and that would've-been Attack power is nice. All in all, I'd place it in Mid.

Lilligant: This lovely lady is probably the shining jewel of my team. She boasts high Special Attack and Speed. Even with a type disadvantage, she sweeps fairly easily with the combination of Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance. The Giga Drain+Big Root combination helped her durability, and I had Aromatherapy as a support option, though there were only about two situations that warranted it. She comes fairly early and isn't too difficult to train, even with the prevalence of bugs and fliers and a shallow movepool. I'd place her in at least Upper Mid, but I think she belongs in High.

Basculin: This fishy comes around mid-game, and it's pretty good... until its poor defences start catching up to it. It's speedy and hits pretty hard, but that's a little hard to boast about once you hit the final Gym. I tried to love it, I really did... but it came up short of my expectations. I'll place him in Lower Mid.

Reshiram: Comes in at the very last minute and does okay, I guess. It's great for those who can't cover Zekrom efficiently. I'd place it in either Low or Lower Mid.