(Pokemon) Pokemon Black/White Draft

Don Draper

I'll post now. . .and if I'm awake enough after dinner, I'll post some more.

Ran through Route 6, cursing the entire time. Stupid Scientists! I got some decent experience out of this.

Then I hit Chargestone Cave. . .hoo boy. . .

Mysterious People: That man who gave you the ride of your life is here! Run!

Me: WTF?

Before I knew it, they shuttled me to the guy that gave me the free Ferris wheel ride. Right-o. He commented on my lovely outfit before telling me he'd see me a little later. I was more than content to leave when I realized that jerk had lifted my favorite hair tie. HE WILL PAY!!! I ran off deeper into the cave, with various Peanut Gallery members warning me that the dude with the ponytail was a notorious hair tie thief. Intent on getting it back, I rushed past them. When I finally found him at the end of the cave, he was flirting with Juniper and Bianca. That was the last straw. I threw down, right then and there, with my hair tie as a wager. He accepted. . .only to get obliterated worse than the time I saw him at the amusement park. He told me I was the only one for him, before leaving. Juniper hoped he'd change his mind. I got my hair tie back, so I don't care.

What really happened:

I got lost badly in Chargestone Cave. N was as much of a speed bump as his underlings. I found my Ferroseed (female!), so she'll be added to my team. I'm taking a short detour to give her a proper name. I'll post my Pokemon levels and thoughts before I go to bed.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it doesn't seem likely that WINgull is going to work on this project anytime soon, and I just finished becoming champ in Black, I've volunteered to do a run with his team. For reference, that team is:

(Ducklett/Swanna, Tympole/Palpitoad/Seismitoad, Maractus, Elgyem/Beheeyem, Emolga, Vullaby/Mandibuzz)

Screw everything about last night. Back to the show.

Sixth gym leader down.

Celestial Tower was beaten, somehow. Too many Psychic Pokemon! Evolved Timburr to Gurdurr somewhere in there.

My team has an innate 2x weakness to Flying. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but they're the only ones who can dish out pain to those stupid birds. I gave Gothita Charge Beam as backup. I. . .also forgot to take the Exp. Share off of Ferroseed. WHOOPS!

I had some problems getting through the generic trainers. Luckily, Roost negates the Flying aspect of Pokemon, which meant that Gurdurr's Low Kick hurt like all hell. Ducklett didn't like Charge Beam, and Swoobat couldn't 2HKO Gothita reliably.

Skyla's first two Pokemon went down FAST (I got lucky with a critical Rock Slide on Unfezant). Then that stupid Swanna showed up, and I had to improvise. Throh and Gurdurr couldn't handle Air Slash. Dewott didn't have anything that could do significant damage. Purrloin had a chance, but went down to a critical. I had Gothita and Ferroseed alternate, with the former tanking Air Slashes, and the latter using Ingrain/Iron Defense (so Aerial Ace would do laughable damage). I managed to run Swanna out of Air Slashes, which meant that it died to Iron Barbs, Pin Missile, and my amazing Super Potion stock.

Team and thoughts:

Dewott (Solais), level 33: I think she'll do better once she's out of the Flying portion. Grass Knot and Revenge don't like it. She still takes hits reasonably well, and Water Pulse does decent damage. It's gonna be replaced with Surf ASAP.

Purrloin (Slake), level 33: He'll be evolving soon, which should help his offense. He needs to outspeed Swoobats, or they do bad things to him with Air Slash. He is hilarious against enemy Gothitas.

Gurdurr (Digitank), level 33: Rock Slide, evolution, and Eviolite has turned him into a massive physical wall that hits back. He's a touch slower than Throh.

Throh (Nageki), level 32: He didn't like this part of the game. He learned Body Slam, and that's super-useful. Seismic Toss is still usable (though if I see a better option, it goes).

Gothita (Seeker), level 35: He kills Swoobats and Duckletts. . .and anything that's weak to Psychic. . .and all non-Dark Special tanks. He'll be evolving soon.

Ferroseed (Spica), level 35: Owner of my Exp. Share for a little too long. Her Iron Barbs make me giggle. I need better moves for her. Gyro Ball is her best move, and her Special Attack is abysmal.

Once I get Deino, I'll have to ditch someone. . . :(

Once I get Deino, I'll have to ditch someone. . . :(

I don't think you have to. I mean it's not like he's going to evolve before you fight the Elite Four, so he's going to be pretty useless.

I don't think I'll train my Stunfisk for very long myself.

I've found that Exp. Share overlevels things really fast. I'm terrible with directions, so it's very possible that my Deino will evolve before I leave Victory Road. If I like its stats, I might drop it for one of my three physical walls.

Gym 1 (Striaton City)

I chose Tepig as my starter, because I had previously chosen Oshwott. Not much exciting happened, because I don't get any of the draft picks yet. Gym was cleared as standard (Starter solos all but elemental Panpour, which Pansage takes care of).

Tepig (Lv14)

-What am I supposed to say that hasn't been said in this post? That she's soloing?

Edited by General Spoon

I don't think you have to. I mean it's not like he's going to evolve before you fight the Elite Four, so he's going to be pretty useless.

I don't think I'll train my Stunfisk for very long myself.

So you are playing. Here I thought you were procrastinating.

Edited by Emerald Jealousy

N commented on my lovely hair and super-cute Gothita as I left with my sixth badge. What a flirt!

Ran through Twist Mountain, mostly battling trainers. Gothita turned into Gothirita in the process.

Got EJ's Shelmet.

Seventh Gym down

Two Fighting Pokemon make this gym a joke. Those stupid bear cubs were so weak that my Purrloin could take them out. Dewott became Samurott en route to my next badge.

The entire experience can be summed up by this:

Pokemon: Take this!

Throh: OH NO YOU DINNT! *Revenge OHKO*

It was even funnier when Pokemon was Bearctic, and it had used Swagger the turn before on Throh. OOPS.

Team and thoughts

Samurott (Solais), level 36: Surf hurts like no one's business now that she evolved. I felt she evolved at the right time, because her offense and defense were starting to fall behind.

Purrloin (Slake), level 36: Will evolve next level. Shadow Claw's made him a tad more useful. Night Slash and the stat boosts will be even more helpful. Though he's still a little kitty, Slash hurts.

Gurdurr (Digitank), level 37: Low Kick is the bane of the later evolutions of Pokemon. It's staying. I'm glad I waited for Rock Slide, because everything that was too light for Low Kick died to it. Chip Away was useful for getting past Acid Armor.

Throh (Nageki), level 37: I need to keep him on par with my team. Revenge is hilarious. Rock Tomb + Body Slam make for a fairly reliable 2HKO on anything that's weak to the former and/or doesn't resist the latter.

Gothirita (Seeker), level 37: The one time he came out, I needed the extra firepower Psychic had to offer. He didn't disappoint.

Ferroseed (Spica), level 36: Alas, she didn't see much action. Gyro Ball would've been awesome, if her Special Attack didn't suck so much.

Last but not least, thank you very much to Emerald Jealousy. I now have Conkledurr!

Edited by eclipse

So you are playing. Here I thought you were procrastinating.

I started yesterday, but I was busy with work and classes. I was also ending a Chrono Trigger run but I didn't want to mix those things up.

Besides I have nothing next week and I already played the game. I'll catch up in no time.

Ferroseed (Spica), level 36: Alas, she didn't see much action. Gyro Ball would've been awesome, if her Special Attack didn't suck so much.

Gyro Ball is actually Physical according to Serebii.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Chapter 6: Sky High Leader in the graveyard

Driftveil City:

As soon as I go away. Making my way to route 6, Bianca shows up and challenges me! I beat her, getting Hildegard and Shiednyr to the same level as Grimm and Haruha.

Route 6:

So I reach the web coverd entrance of Chargestone Cave, the Clay shows up and has his Krokorok do away with the web. TM78 get.

Inside Chargestone Cave:

This is a cool cave. I barely stepped inside when two shadowy dudes pop up and drag me to N. He tells me that those folk made the web. Anyway, I go in a little further and Bianca and Professor Juniper pops up and tells me about the charged stones, and gave me an item. I go along battling and catching every Pokemon that I didn't have(Tynamo was the first to pop up). I get to another point and I'm notified that TEAM PLASMA is prowling. I crush them effortlessly. I went into another room and found N near the entrance. He battles me and I won slowly(my team isn't made to combat steel types outside of Haruha's Dig. :'D). He then asks why he can't beat me, simple; FRIENDSHIP. Anyway, Professor Juniper and Bianca pops up and N is all, 'You condone the capturing of Pokemon? You disgust me.'. I left.

Mistralton City:

As soon as I enter some guy and some girl comes to me and is all chummy with me. Cedric Juniper is his name, being a professor is his game.The lady with him turns out to be Skyla. She went to the Celestial Tower. ...Guess I'll follow her...

Route 7:

Really tall grass and balance beams!! Fun indeed. I was going to walk on the beams. But only wimps avoid trainers. Grimm and Shiednyr evolved here!

Celestial Tower:

Found the grave area. There's one in every game. Ran around getting items and battling. Caught a Litwick and Elgyem here. Met Skyla on the top an rang the bell. I'm a kind person! Skyla's her name, being a cargo pilot is her game. She's also the gym leader.

Mistralton Gym:

Ran allllll the way back. Spread out the battles here. Grimm had trouble here, obviously, Hildegard one shotted a trainer's Swoobat with X-Scissor, Haruha did well too, and Shiednyr dominated. He took on all of Skyla's Pokemon and gained a level. Jet badge get, TM62 get. Skyla then tells me that TEAM PLASMA was dinking around Twist Mountain, guess I know where I'm going.

Grimm level 39: Yeah, I did put him up against flying types. He wasn't even ko'ed.

Haruha level 39: Didn't see much action besides a few trainers on route 7. She held her ground.

Shiednyr level 40: He just blasted this gym thanks to his type advantage.

Hildegard level 39: She one shotted a Swoobat. Heck yes.

Gym 2 (Nacrene City)

Went to Nacrene City, and Tepig evolved along the way. I caught a Tympole that I named George, and was able to get it a few levels before heading to the gym.

Pignite Lv21 (Pignite)

-Performing wonderfully. She smashes through everything with Arm Thrust.

-In the gym all she did was take care of Lenora. Which she had no trouble with as I had given her a Chesto Berry to hold to stave off the Watchog's Hypnosis.

George Lv19 (Tympole)

-He was able to grab levels on his own, without relying on Pignite to help him gain experience.

-He was able to hold his own in the gym, though Lenora's Herdier fainted him.

[19:56] <GeneralSpoon> Crap, I just sent out Pansage in this double battle

[19:56] <GeneralSpoon> I haven't drafted him

[19:56] <GeneralSpoon> But I can fix this

[19:56] <GeneralSpoon> I'll just faint it with Pignite

[19:56] <GeneralSpoon> Yeah, that worked

Currently: Before the eighth gym

Several things have happened since my last gym victory. I'll give the summary:

- Massive property damage thanks to Team Plasma

- N shows me his new pet, in the hopes that I'll like it (that's NOT how to charm a girl)

- I'm shuttled off to the desert, and then the museum (do I LOOK like Indiana Jones?!)

- I wander around lost for a long time, before realizing that Route 8 starts under a bridge

- Run through Route 8, picking up what I can

- Bianca challenges me and loses badly

- Lesson: Stoutland and Roar are beaten by Ferroseed, Ingrain, and a couple of Ethers

- Ran across the bridge

- Ran past all the Route 9 trainers

- Saw more story stuffs. . .like, Ghestis is creepy

- Heal everyone

- Challenged the first trainer in the final gym. His Pokemon is level 41. All my Pokemon are below level 40. I'm going to fix that

Thoughts so far:

Samuwott (Solais), level 39: Surf has given her a decent offense. I don't know how helpful she'll be, unless I can get my hands on Hidden Power. If it looks too weak, I'll teach her Blizzard.

Liepard (Slake), level 39: Once he got Night Slash and evolved, not much could stand in his way. He's made of paper, but he'll rip a hole in the opponent's HP before going down.

Conkledurr (Digitank), level 38: Defense-wise, it's like looking at Gurdurr on Eviolite (sort of). He gets a bunch of Attack upon evolution. Forever makes things cry with Low Kick.

Throh (Nageki), level 38: Revenge hurts, is tanky, etc. Still fond of him.

Gothorita (Seeker), level 39: Psychic HURTS. Psyshock is nowhere near as strong, but still useful for taking out Special tanks (like Ducklett). I'll need to get around to teaching him Shadow Ball.

Ferroseed (Spica), level 39: I hate her moveset with a passion (except for Ingrain). Once she evolves, she'll learn something useful. She currently holds my Eviolite, and her massive type resistances makes things so much easier (hooray for stupid AI).

Striaton Gym.

Pokemon    Name        Lv. Nature    HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe Ability
Tepig      Nathan       15 Adamant   45  27  22  18  20  23 Blaze

Moves

Flame Charge/Defense Curl/Tackle/Tail Whip

Kills everything in 2-3 hits and takes minor damage. Adamant nature made Ember a rather poor choice next to Tackle, but Flame Charge, which he got at the end of the gym, should be a very useful attack in the long run much like in my other playthrough. I can't say much else since he solo'd the entire way, but I know the Fighting type on evolution is much appreciated, despite people whining about a 3rd Fire/Fighting starter in a row. He seems to have a pretty good Speed IV for what it's worth. When I looked at him on the first fight I actually thought I had a Jolly nature.

Pansage    Lavona       10 Naive     32  18  16  17  15  22 Gluttony

Moves

Cut/Leer/Lick/Vine Whip

I made her(!) faint against Cress' Panpour so that Nathan would get more experience. Now she's stuck at being a Cut slave, even if I can count the mandatory trees to cut with one hand.

That's pretty much it for now. Nathan's evolving soon and I'm getting my second main team Pokémon soon, plus I'm thinking of getting a Roggenrola as a Strength slave.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Icirrus Gym:

Trying to avoid all those Trainers in Twist Mountain was tough...

Bacon (Emboar, Level 38): After finally evolving, Bacon's durability went through the roof. Because it was a lolIce Gym, he pretty much pwned everything there.

Terri (Stoutland, Level 37): Not much to say. Terri didn't see much action due to the reasons above, but she's still very reliable.

Munnybank (Munna, Level 38): Munny is still the baby of my fully-evolved team. Learning Psychic's helped him out quite a bit, but he still couldn't really put a dent in grandpa snowflake (Cryognal).

Plume (Unfezant, Level 36): Plume's problems as a Pidove and Tranquill seem to be resurfacing... Due to her typing, I let her stay out of combat.

Lillil (Lilligant, Level 39): Despite being at a type disadvantage, Lillil murdered ice cream cones. She's obviously my favorite, although I'm trying to keep the levels fairly balanced. :3

Redeye (Basculin, Level 37): Redeye hits like a truck and is fast to boot. He didn't see much action in the Gym, but did some loltastic things in Twist Mountain.

Gym 3 (Castelia City)

Went to Castelia City after taking care of Plasma in Pinwheel Forest. Somewhere along the way Tympole evolved into Palpitoad. I go through the Battle Company and get the experience share, then I take care of the gym. I'm waiting to beat the Route 4 trainers until after I get the cactus thing.

Pignite Lv26 (Pignite)

-Performing wonderfully like usual. Definitely a great mon to have in the earlygame.

-Took care of Burgh's Leavanny, which was about all she did in the gym.

George Lv26 (Palpitoad)

-Also performing wonderfully. His durability is decent with the Eviolite.

-The Sewaddle in the gym were a cause for concern, because they do carry Razor Leaf, which can easily ruin Palpitoad's fun if they crit.

-I did not think it would have been wise to have him go against Burgh's Leavanny.

Edited by General Spoon

Chapter 7: The Ice Warrior and the Spiral

Mistraltion City:

N stops me here. And he likes how my Pokemon love me.

Route 7:

As soon as I get close to the entrance of Twist Mountain, Cheren pops up and battles me! I shoo him away, and Alder shows up and tells us the battle was gr9mazing and gave us both an HM3.

Route 6:

Decided to fly back to Driftveil to find that cave, which I did.

Mistralton Cave:

Came here looking for something... Anyway, I battled some Hikers here and found where Cobalion was hiding. Caught it.

Pinwheel Forest:

Went back to find Virizion, which I did. Caught it too.

Deeper Wellspring Cave/Route 17/Route 18:

Came back to these areas because of Surf, and battled the trainers, as well as pick up items there. Along the way I ha some help and finally, Hildegard evolved into Escavalier. Power and defense boost hooray.

Twist Mountain:

Hm, turns out that this is a quarry. I battled loads of trainers here and caught a Cubchoo! TEAM PLASMA yadda yadda Cheren.

Icirrus City:

I go around here and found the fan club. The two people here tell me about my Pokemon's feelings toward me.

Icirrus Gym:

This gym was pretty easy too. Brycen is a cool guy, even though Hildegard solo'd him. Icicle Badge get. TM79 get.

Icirrus City:

I step out of the gym and lookie! It's Bianca! And Cheren. Then Brycen came out and exposed those three weirdos. Apparently something is up at Dragon Spiral Tower.

Dragonspiral Tower:

Pretty neat, I guess. I caught a Meinfoo and a Golett here. I was about to catch a Druddigon, but I got unlucky 'cause of a crit. TEAM PLASMA is around here! Cheren and Brycen decided to fend them off while I went higher in the Tower. I smacked around the TEAM PLASMA grunts that stopped me. It was here that I noticed Haruha's low attack bases are nibbling at her feet now. She's still taking hits, but her offense is slowing her down here.

Grimm level 45: He did well here like he did everywhere else. Gave him Strength because Coil is <3

Haruha level 45: Her low offense bases are starting to catch up, but not by a lot.

Sheidnyr level 44: He preformed well in the gym, didn't see much action in the tower because I didn't use him.

Hildegard level 45: Thanks to the evolution, her offense and defense increased a lot. Solo'd Brycen like a boss.

Nacrene Gym.

Pignite    Nathan       22 Adamant   72  53  36  35  32  37 Blaze

Moves

Flame Charge/Arm Thrust/Work Up/Defense Curl

I didn't use him much except to beat Lenora's Pokémon and the Herdier one of the Scientists had, which he did an excellent job thanks to Arm Thrust. He's also pretty bulky and generally faster than everything. He evolved on a wild Pidove after beating Cheren on his own. His high attack power made it frustrating to get my next Pokémon, so I levelled him up to 20, put Smog in there instead of Work Up and then I was able to catch...

Drilbur    Skwisgaar    16 Adamant   46  36  21  12  21  31 Sand Force

Moves

Fury Swipes/Mud-Slap/Rapid Spin/Metal Claw

First of all, trying to catch him is utter dildos. You need a few Repels, and preferably you'll have to go up and down near the entrance to find him. Thankfully, when a moving spot does appear, it won't go for a while, so feel free to calmly walk over there. Still, whoever decided to put gems and Drilburs for the same kind of event needs to be shot. Repeatedly. With a rocket launcher.

As for Skwisgaar himself, he played catch up with Nathan by fighting just about every trainer, including the kindergarten I left behind for him. I caught him at a low level however (10, Drilburs can be caught up to level 13), so he wasn't extremely powerful. Still, Mud-Slap is pretty fun to throw around when the trainers never ever switch out until one of their Pokémon faints, so I usually throw one or two of those before clawing their faces. He should catch up pretty quickly though, especially since he gets meaty chip attacks like Slash, Rock Slide and Earthquake before level 40, plus he's compatible with a ton of nice in-game TMs like X-Scissor, Brick Break, Poison Jab and Shadow Claw.

In short, he's ugh to find and he has to be babied for a bit.

Pansage    Lavona       10 Naive     32  18  16  17  15  22 Gluttony

Moves

Cut/Leer/Lick/Vine Whip

Goes emo on trees.

Roggenrola 216          10 Impish    34  23  27  10  11   8 Sturdy

Moves

Tackle/Harden/Sand-Attack/Headbutt

Rock and roll all night and party every day. Also strength slave.

I'll see if I can't get the third gym before catching some Z's.

Edited by Dark Chocolate

Gym 4 (Nimbassa City)

Went to Nimbassa City after stopping at Desert Resort to grab Maractus. I am aware that I can get Emolga this early in the game, on either Route 16 or in the Lostlorne Forest. However they only appear in the shaking grass, and even then they only appear 10% of the time. I believe that what I will do is get the trade Emolga on like route 7 or something.

Pignite Lv28 (Pignite)

-If I throw her against something that isn't a Sigilyph, she'll come out on top usually.

-Had no trouble in the gym

-Fainted Elesa's lead Emolga

George Lv29 (Palpitoad)

-If I throw him against something he'll probably faint it.

-He could have godmoded the gym if I felt like it. I didn't feel like it because I wanted to see how the others would do there.

-Fainted Elesa's other Emolga.

Jerry Lv29 (Maractus)

-His performance is exceeding my expectations. Him gaining Giga Drain only a few levels after capture plays a large role in this.

_-Giga Drain allows him to OHKO almost any target I've thrown him against that doesn't resist grass.

-He was able to 2HKO Elesa's Zebstrika with Giga Drain with no risk to himself, despite Zebstrika using Flame Charge on both turns.

-His movepool is entirely Grass moves. This is a drawback, as he can't do jack shit to anything that resists Grass. I doubt not erasing Pin Missle would have made much of a difference.

Edited by General Spoon

Gym 5 (Driftveil City)

I captured a Ducklett on the Driftveil Drawbridge, and used the exp share to get him to about the same level as the rest of my party. After taking care of Cold Storage I went to the gym and beat it.

Pignite Lv30 (Pignite)

-Was useless in this gym; this could have probably been alleviated if had her forget a move for Grass Knot

George Lv32 (Palpitoad)

-Was able to faint anything in the gym; Clay's Excadrill did give problems though with Slash critting and Rock Slide flinching

_-Clay's Excadrill may have been a bigger problem if Palpitoad wasn't holding the Evolite

Jerry Lv31 (Maractus)

-He was able to OHKO everything I sent him against in the gym; I doubt he would've had any trouble with Clay's Excadrill

_-Movepool is still limited to Grass type moves

Jenna Lv31 (Ducklett)

-Doing quite well actually, now that she has been caught up in levels. She had no trouble in the gym. Granted, this was to be expected.

-Taught her Scald for a move with a bit more BP.

Edited by General Spoon

Gym 6 (Mistralton City)

I was actually able to capture an Emolga on route 6 without going out of my way, but I decided I would rather use the trade Emolga instead because of its boosted experience gain. I caught an Elgyem in Celestial Tower, and then took care of the gym. I really only used Elgyem and Emolga in the gym. This is because I was raising Elgyem with the Lucky Egg and Emolga just kicks ass here. Also notable is that Palpitoad and Pignite evolved at some point. So did Swanna.

Emboar Lv36 (Emboar)

-Is performing fine. Was somewhat hampered by the rain that was everywhere today, but I wouldn't count it against her.

George Lv36 (Seismitoad)

-He continues to perform all right. He, like all my mons, are seeing less actual use as my party grows in size.

Jerry Lv36 (Maractus)

-He seems as though he's starting to slow down; Giga Drain doesn't necessarily OHKO enemy mons anymore.

Jenna Lv35 (Swanna)

-Still doing well. I think she may have had some help from the rain everywhere.

Minipete Lv37 (Emolga)

-Performing wonderfully. Pretty much soloed the gym.

Claire Lv34 (Elgyem)

-Not doing so well. She isn't taking hits that well, and she doesn't dish them out that well either. She is also slow. Hopefully her evolution will be nice to her.