(FE4) Draft numero dos

Psych

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Integ will have the swordkids, and I will have Daisy and Hannibal.

Integ and I have our teams fully set. Now to start on the prologue! :D

Edited by Reinfleche

Well... thoughts on my picks:

Tiltyu: Well, put bluntly, Tiltyu sucks. I really hate her. But, it's better than trying to contend with the brokenness that is Levin!Arthur and her kids are much better than she is. Maybe she can Wrath some Dragon Knights in chapter 5.

Lachesis: Being a staffer in Gen1 already makes her nice. Charisma is always welcome, especially when not getting hit is a very good thing. Becomes a monster once she promotes, and should be able to reach there fairly quickly. Her kids are fairly decent too.

Lex: A gen1 powerhouse right up there with Sigurd. He'll stomp pretty much everything without a lot of effort and generally be a real monster with the Hero Axe. Pairing him with Tiltyu lets me use Ambush+Wrath combo on Arthur and Tinny, not to mention Elite.

Beowulf: I really hate Beowulf, to be honest. But, Fin isn't really practical for pairing with Lachesis in this situation, so he's the best he's gonna get. Can pass down some good swords at least and he has a mount, so not all is lost.

Dew: Basically just here to make it easier for Lachesis and Tiltyu to get the Elite Ring. He sorta sucks, but $$$$ is always welcome.

Midir: I dunno how this guy was left unpicked for so long. Lots of people like to gripe about him, but I've always had him turn out reasonably good (better than Jamka due to level lead). He's just another guy to help out in Gen1, he won't be paired or anything.

Arthur: With Ambush+Wrath, he'll be tearin bitches up with Tron crits before they can even touch him. Unfortunately, his Mag will suffer with Lex as a dad, but when you're forcing criticals it won't matter that much I suppose.

Tinny: Meh, she's somewhere between Arthur and Tiltyu in terms of usefulness. At the very least, Elite means I won't have to spoil her with a Ring and she'll be able to catch up relatively quickly. Ambush+Wrath means easy clears of arenas, as well. Not expecting a ton, to be honest.

Delmud: Mounted, joins early, and is a charisma bot. That's all that I can really say about him, as his stats have never been particularly spectacular for me so I'm not necessarily expecting a lot. Beowulf as a father ensures Sword inheritance at least.

Nanna: I prefer her to her brother, though it's a real shame that having Fin as a father is so impractical for her. Mounted with staves with a bit of combat ability and Charisma doesn't leave a whole lot to be desired except maybe some higher staff rank.

Shanan: My sole Holy Weapon user aside from Celice. At the very least, he'll make C7 doable without penalties and will probably be very helpful in C8 and Final as well. He's a pretty solid character, it's just a shame that the Balmung is so close yet so far from being as good as Holsety.

Hawk: I was quite impressed seeing Hawk's stats in Cam's draft, so I grabbed him. He seems pretty similar to Sety except without the whole Holsety thing. Even if somehow his stats turn out to be crap, he can be a staff bot at least. Another solid magic user to chalk up all-around. A shame about his join time, though.

Femina: Uh.... she flies? That's really it. If her stats get good enough she can at least get me the Tyrfing I guess. Not entirely sure what to expect from her to be honest.

Sharlow: Not too bad. He joins late and underleveled, but has Elite and Staff spam to make up for it. He gets Berserk as well, I'm not sure if or how I should make use of it. Unfortunately, it means I can't just kill off Hannibal. Damn.

I'll start maybe tonight if I don't feel like playing Pokemon.

Thoughts and Prologue and Chapter 1 logs.

Aideen: Staff botting. Not much else, since her combat will suck. Gonna try and get her the Bargain ring for Rana. Rescue and Fortify would have made Rana a lot better, but still usable since Libro.

Fury: Flight. Sweet. Getting the Hero Lance and stuff, and not much else to say. I mean, it's Fury.

Levin: Levin

Azel: Eh, gets a horse on promo and can take some pot shots. Not the best, but if he promotes, it's something.

Arden: Free castle guard.

Jamka:

Rana: Rana. Celice can give her cash later, and if Claude was her father, she'd have Rescue and Fortify in 6. Still good, cause she can have Sleep and Silence and stuff. Wants Bargain Ring, and maybe Knight Ring.

Lester: He never turns out beasting is way through for me, cause of Lakche, Shanan, and the others, but with the Pursuit Ring and Hero Bow he'll probably do better than normal. Especially since Aless, Celice, and Fury are my only other mounts in Gen 2.

Aless: Mistolin and a horse. Celice and him are probably gonna just smash their way while the others follow behind. Gonna give him the Thief Ring probably. Probably gonna have to take out Blume in 7.

Fee: Gonna be doing a shitload for me in Gen 2. Protecting Lenster, saving Palmark, getting the Thief Ring. All with the Hero Lance.

Sety: Holsety Sety. How did I get 3 holy weapon users? Probably getting the Leg Ring once Celice promotes.

Linda: Never actually used her before. Seems like a Lex!Tiltyu without Ambush. Looking good on paper, but I'll see. Gonna try and give her the Prayer Ring.

Amid: Um...Mage Fighter? Continue? Still can use Tron I guess, so that's something. Not sure what to think of him yet. Again, never had him. :/

Johalva: Decent on a normal game. Probably gonna be better than normal, but I have Aless, Fury, and Sety so we'll see. Might get Knight Ring, I don't know.

[b]Chalpy -> Jungby  11 turns[/b]

Lots of resets, cause Azel can't dodge. Glad I chose Ardan, cause he kept getting attacked at the castle. Azel stayed up north and grabbed the villages.

[b]Jungby -> Evans  21 turns total[/b]

Alvis helped kill some stuff. Sigurd grabbed the Silver Sword. Lost Jungby, but I don't give a shit about it. And Sigurd can't one round Gerrard. >_<

[b]Evans -> Genova  28 turns total[/b]

Arden hold the castle while Sigurd runs around and seizes to grab Ayra. Aideen has to dodge. BUT AYRA GOES AFTER DEW WHILE HE'S RUNNING AWAY.

[b]Genova -> Marpha -> Verdane  60 turns total[/b]

But then I remember after seizing Ayra runs to Genova, so I grab her fine. I only want her for her Hero Sword later. Ethlin runs down so I can get Return. Slow trek through the forests, grab Diadora, silence, smash. Aideen warps people home and grabs a little exp before seizing. Sigurd grabs the Magic Ring though.

Started chapter 2 before I got stats, so stats'll probably be after 2, 3 ish.

Edited by Psychedelica

Prologue: Chalphy -> Jungby (6/6)

Sigurd smash. He took care of the rogue fighter to the west so that it wouldn't aggro towards Chalphy and incur a penalty. Lex kills stuff and saves villages once he joins, everyone else just sits around uselessly because they're cool like that.

Prologue: Jungby -> Evans (8/14)

Sigurd heals at a church and kills the fuck out of everything, with a bit of help from Midir (who visited the speed ring village for lack of anyone better to do so). Lex comes down from the north and helps clean up too. Azel runs away from a lone Axefighter who Sigurd missed. Oh, and Sigurd gets his Silver Sword of course.

name      level  hp  st  mg  sk  sp  lk  df  rs
Sigurd    11.84  42  17  00  13  15  09  12  04
Lexxxx    09.38  37  13  00  10  11  10  13  00
Midirr    04.44  32  10  00  07  09  03  08  00

Edited by Silvercrow

I'll be doing what Goldendove did for this, I suppose.

Ayra: Ayra is amazing. Nothing else to say about her. I was first, so I picked her. What, did you expect Briggid? Normally, yeah, probably. But in a draft that I intend on doing as best I can, I'll take the person who is not only amazing but has the best kids. Fuck yeah, Ayra.

Sylvia: Well... I didn't pick Sylvia. I was first, which also means I was last for moms, and Sylvia was the unpicked one. Fuck you Psych. But I think she'll do well. Dancing Ayra, Sigurd and 2 cavs... yes. Also it nets me Leen and Corple. The former is more important than the latter.

Claude: To be paired with Sylvia. He also fills in as my healer after Diadora leaves me, which is clutch. I think he'll do well. Also picking him unintentionally prevented Psych from getting Rescue on Lana till Chapter 10. Heh.

Noish: To be paired with Ayra. He himself doesn't seem that good, but Charge and Critical on the Swordkids sounds pretty pro. I'd have preferred Holyn or Lex, but they went quick.

Lakche: The first half of the swordkids doesn't disappoint ever. With some cool skills and not as many people to feed kills to, she will be even better than ever.

Skasher: The second half of the swordkids is just as cool as his sis. He also has, um, 3 more mag to use Thunder Sword with. lul. He also tanks a bit better, I guess, with the payoff of not being as quick. They're about the same- meaning both are fucking awesome. :awesome:

Corple: Like Sylvia, I didn't even pick him. He's not that good and is going to be an asshole to recruit, but whatever. He probably won't do much.

Leen: She came with Sylvia too. But, I like Leen. She's going to be real good to get Celice along and get the swordkids ahead too. She'll definitely help my turncounts- and maybe even make it possible to get Tyrfing if I'm lucky!

Janne: I picked her for a healer, which I otherwise don't get until Corple. Since waiting for the fucker with absolutely no healing would suck, I've got her instead. I've never used her before, but she seems good enough.

Johan: I rarely pick him because I like Johalva more when I play for fun, so he'll be kinda new to me. S

Alec: I got him so I wouldn't be screwed in Gen 1. He's good and not being paired, but will make Gen 1 much, much more pleasant. He'll probably use a lot of the weapons I want to give to Skasaher and then sell them for Noish to buy. 8D

Dimna: He looks good enough and he's got Pursuit. Surely he can't be worse than Jamka!Lester, who can't do damn near anything thanks to no pursuit. The Iron Bow will not do though. Not at all.

Daisy: She'll be there to Steal and that's really it. She will be pretty nice to get my funds around, I think.

Hannibal: He's really meh, but I'm getting Corple already, so I figured he wouldn't be bad to take. He'll probably save my ass from the onslaught that awaits me in Chapter 9. Joy.

That was theory. Now it's time for practice.

... Or it would be if Alec wasn't being trolled miserably by Anna. THREE 28s IN A ROW. I REALLY SHOULDN'T BE DISAPPOINTED, BUT THEN WE LOOK AT MY COMPLETELY UNTOUCHED SIGURD AND NOISH AND IT LOOKS REALLY PATHETIC. DAMN LOT OF HELP YOU ARE SO FAR ALEC. ;_;

Edited by Reinfleche

Evans -> Nodion -> Heirhein 68 turns total

Rushed to seize, NPC pallies survived, and after Diadora and Aideen healed, ran to go kill stuff. Lachesis moved out of the way after. Sigurd got the Silver Lance, Return Ring, and the Barrier Ring. >_>

Heirhein -> Anphony 83 turns total (Sylvia penalty)

Sylvia helped Levin get the Bargain Ring village bandit killed. Fury will visit the villages later, but Levin grabs the Bargain Ring. Aideen can get it once Jamka gives her a cash infusion when they become lovers. Killed Beowulf. :/ Jamka gets the Elite Ring, and Sigurd gets the Shield Ring and seizes.

Anphony -> Mckill -> Anphony 102 turns total

Aideen returns everyone, and goes off to visit some villages, cause there is not way she can catch up in time. Everyone rushes to go kill stuff, and Levin waits at home for Fury. Sleep Staff is annoying as usual. Run through the horses, Diadora grabs the Slayer strangely, and Levin doesn't see combat. :/

Edited by Psychedelica

P - 13 turns clear = 13 total

meh. At least I have a healer for now.

1 - 29 turns clear = 42 total

I think these are better than my other draft, at least.

Edited by Integrity

Going to start bitching here preemptively:

I'm almost dead positive I'm not going to be able to finish Gen 1 in low enough turns to prevent Levin and Sylvia falling in love. Psych says that means I'm just going to have to take a Levin-suicide penalty if I can't, and quite frankly I'm just not going to stand for that. So, what's my solution?

Best I got is flag some spawn somewhere that won't shave me any turns and won't make my life any easier to suicide Levin into, but where?

Have him loose the Arena for 1 HP, or go fight Lamia at base level. That should work.

August -> Madino 109 turns total

Aideen nabs the Bargain Ring, other stuff moves around. Arden grabs the Hero Sword. lol. Jamka promotes. Sigurd gets the Thunder Sword and Diadora cheats on her husband.

Madino -> Silvail 122 turns total

Run through the forest, and Lachesis grabs the Earth Sword. Jamka grabs the Life Ring, and Levin kills Shagal. Dew starts running to the Tower, but I honestly don't care if I get the sword or not.

Silvail -> Orgahil 132 turns total

Run Briggid! Run! Fury flies north to help, and Aideen warps people places. Tiltyu gets some pirate kills too. Levin gets the Leg Ring, but Sigurd is going to end up with it. Jamka has to hang back to get some love points with Aideen, which is weird, cause I've never had them not fall in love this late. Sigurd nabs the Power Ring, and I end up missing the Wind Sword and Ichival. :awesome:

Have him loose the Arena for 1 HP, or go fight Lamia at base level. That should work.

I know how to get him killed about a thousand ways, but you told me pretty straight I'd get slapped with a penalty for it no matter now I worked it.

Ch1: The Girl of Spirit Forest; Evans -> Genoa (5/19)

Sigurd clears the arena. I'm not confident about Lex or Midir taking on the Wind Mage, so I leave them at that level. At this point, Sigurd and Lex charge out and basically destroy everything, Lex getting the kill on Kinbois for his Handaxe. Midir mops up the remaining 2-range enemies and Sigurd pulls in Ayra, but doesn't take a hit from her. Instead, Lex chips the boss with his Handaxe and Sigurd finishes him off, seizing the same turn. Once Dew and Aideen appear, Dew sits on the church and tanks the mob of bandits for money and EXP while Aideen runs.

Genoa -> Marpha (8/27)

Sigurd spends a turn recruiting Ayra (for the Hero Sword later) and then charges westward with Lex and Midir. They mop up the Bandits attacking Dew and Sigurd heads towards Marpha alone. He kills Gandolf on the 8th player phase and seizes. Aideen talks to Ethlin for the Return staff.

Marpha -> Verdane (14/41)

Everyone enters the forest and heads towards Verdane. Sorry Jamka, I'd really like your Killer Bow, but it's not worth waiting for Aideen to catch up. Sigurd and Deirdre finish up the top half of the map, silencing Sandima and Sigurd one-rounding him. I wait an extra turn for Lex to get his Brave Axe.

name      level  hp  st  mg  sk  sp  lk  df  rs
Sigurd    17.10  48  20  00  17  16  10  15  04
Lexxxx    14.80  41  13  00  11  14  11  15  00
Midirr    09.58  35  11  00  09  12  04  09  01
Dewwww    08.26  30  07  00  08  17  15  03  00
Deirdre   06.36  27  00  15  09  12  06  03  16

Edited by Silvercrow