Arthur VS Sety VS Corpul

Trueblade74

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best wielder of the Holsety Tome?

• Arthur (Mage-Mage Knight Disc One Nuke)
    • Sety (Pre-promote Sage, Indestructible and canon)
    • Corpul (Priest-High Priest, Est who starts with staffs)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arthur is the best. If you can give Sety the Leg + Knight Ring to make him move as much as Arthur, then I can give Arthur the Pursuit Ring and still ORKO everything. 9 mov killing machine with 1 ring > 9 mov killing machine with 2 rings. For 2-3 more chapters.

Why the Knight Ring? Sety doesn't need to retreat so the Leg ring is more than enough. And 9 move killing machine for 2 more chapter? Last time I checked Arthur comes with a craptastic 5 move, so is likely to promote when you get Sety or even after (except if you go and exp stuff him like a goose). I think the right thing to say is you have a 5 move killing machine that kill nearly nothing for 2 more chapter.

Voted Sety just because I like AzelxTiltyu far better than LevinxTiltyu, and that's without taking into account the headache I generally had to ensure that Levin didn't fell in love with Fury or Sylvia.

Well Arthur would come next since Corpul is just a joke (his only utility is to have the Valkyrie staff and Fury's already paired) and I doesn't hate Levin enough to pair him with Sylvia.

@above

Moving after attacking does not just mean retreating. I don't remember using Celice or Sigurd's horse to retreat, I use it so I can kill a closeby enemy and still advance further in battle.

Anyway, on an efficient run Arthur has no trouble whatsoever promoting before Sety joins. He's easily the best unit you have once promoted, so it makes sense to pump as much EXP into him as you can. Between the arena, enemies that are close to your castles and some Elite Ringing, he should be able to get to 20 reasonably early. Even if he can't, he would only be trailing slightly behind Celice anyway, who also needs to promote before he has 9 mov. At the very latest, Arthur promotes at the start of Ch9, which is one short castle trail after Sety joins.

Arthur does well versus Johalva's army and the bandits in Ch6, can contribute to killing Dark Mages in Ch7 as well as (slightly carefully) solo'ing Melgen (since Celice is a lot behind on this one due to Yied), and can either focus his efforts towards going for Ovo's army, Ishtar, and the Mage trio in Ch8, or Muhammed's army in the forests close to your castle.

Even if you disagree with all of the above, there's no denying that Azel/Tiltyu + Levin/Fury gives you worse overall units than Levin/Tiltyu + Claude/Fury (or Noish/Fury).

With the former, you get an acceptable-at-best Arthur and bad Tinny. They both have Pursuit and alright offense (especially with Wrath), but their durability remains kind of a disaster and their move will remain 5 for pretty long. Fee is good as she always is...her Str is kind of troublesome but her skills are good enough and she has B in swords and lances, so meh. Sety is great, sure. Though he only has 6 mov to start with unless you give him Leg Ring.

With the latter, you get an amazing Arthur, and a worse Tinny. Tinny is practically worthless no matter what you do and just has no place in any kind of run barring ranked or something casual where you use everyone, so this isn't much of an improvement. Arthur goes from acceptable-at-best to like, MVP. Meanwhile, you can use Claude to just get your basic ORKOing Sage out of Sety. He's no longer completely invincible and he can't go toe to toe with like, Ishtar or anything (though he can Silence her), but against most generics, he'll still ORKO with ease. Fee's Str still suffers, but again there's those weapon ranks, and she gets B staves after promo. Or you can go Noish, and you'll have a really strong Fee, paired with a Sety that can still 2HKO Ch9 Dracoknights with Lightning (yes, even with his gimped Mag), and has Pursuit/Continue/Critical/Charge for things he doesn't just 2HKO. And he can still staffbot.

So Sety and Fee remain very useful no matter what you do, while Tinny remains useless no matter what you do, but Arthur becomes a lot better. So overall, you're better off with Levin/Tiltyu than Levin/Fury.

edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention. Arthur's lack of Pursuit can also be compensated by having him at half HP or less thanks to Wrath. If you're not getting hit anyway, it really doesn't matter what HP he's at. This also allows him to KO random powerful bosses before they can counter, like Ishtar.

Edited by Mekkah

I wonder who voted Corple, he's crappy, even with Holsety. lol 5 move, and he ain't getting the Leg Ring.

I was one of the Corples. Admittedly, the other two are far better options. However, in most pairings, Corple is generally useless. Claude lets him heal but that's pretty much it. The other two are great in other pairings. It's just that Corple needs something to turn him from a benchwarmer into someone who's somewhat usable. Although, realistically, the only thing Corple has going for him is his resistance. Although I can't quite remember the magic stat of the sleep stave users in the final chapter.

High Priest barely has better caps than Mage Knight though, and no horse. At least with Sety there's the prospect of God-tier evasion, plus innate Pursuit. And Arthur has Wrath, which is never to be overlooked. The main problem here isn't Levin, but the mother. Fury and Tiltyu give their sons something that can leverage Holsety well (Sety's Pursuit and great bases, Arthur's Wrath to guarantee Holsety sniping crits to take out tough enemies in one shot). Sylvia doesn't. Her Continue is redundant with Levin as the father, so she gives Corple... Prayer. Prayer on a unit with Holsety is basically like a punchline.

Okay, so could you all give your reasons for why Arthur is the best?

No mentions of horses, movement or when he joins allowed.

Arright, could you tell me why Sety is the best? Base stats and Holsety not allowed.

...did you really ask us to mention why Arthur is best without using the things that make him the best? What?

Obviously if you arbitrarily assume you can't use Arthur until the end of C8, can't use more than 7 move and can't canto, he's going to lose to Sety (and still beat Corpul).

Ishtor is a dick, and not having to wait for Shanan is A++. Seriously, 81 Avoid with Thoron? B|

Who else is sporting 150+ Hit rates at that stage of the game? Oh wait, is this an availability argument?

Name me a reason why Sigurd is good.

Rules:

- Can only use Broken Sword

- Can only move 1 Space per turn

- Cannot remove

- Cannot trade items after removing

...Do you see how dumb this sounds? This is like asking what's great about nachos but taking out the chips, salsa, meat, and cheese.

Ishtor is a dick, and not having to wait for Shanan is A++. Seriously, 81 Avoid with Thoron? B|

Who else is sporting 150+ Hit rates at that stage of the game? Oh wait, is this an availability argument?

That's mentioning when he joins. You can't do that!!!

Unsolicited Lex!Arthur plug: You can do that without Holsety if you do Lex!Arthur !!

Alright. I'll humor you.

• Easier time cleaning up Sophara in ch6. Sety has a very difficult time doing the same thing.
  • Arthur has an easier time against Ishtor and Blume than Sety ever will.
  • He can guarantee a Holsety critical on Ishtar to scare her and Julius off in ch10 without eating a counter. Sety is not guaranteed to critical.
  • Arthur is a pretty young man with unique features whose replacement is a butt-faced spikey-haired doof. Sety's replacement is just Brunette Sety.
  • Arthur's got a cuter sister, but is also mackin' on Sety's sister (riding all the way from Silesia to Isaac sitting behind Fee? Giggety).
  • Sety's mom died because she was sad. Arthur's mom died because she was tortured. Also Sety abandoned his mother just like his dad, Levin's negligent parenting produces a cycle of absent father-kings. Arthur, like any good brother, is looking for his missing sister. Sety didn't even tell his sister where the hell he was going. Who would you want to be your king?
  • Sety only comes from one Crusader family and his mom's a commoner. Arthur comes from two if Levin is his dad. More holy blood = better than.
  • Arthur scores with pegasus knights, who presumably are often virgins or pure or some crap, and Fee has kind of a nice rack (no Janne or Lakche but hey, she's got 'em). Sety is unusually close to a little boy with no pants.
  • Arthur is so badass he doesn't even talk to Celice about joining his army, he just does it and shows up in the ch7 castle even if nobody but Fee even saw him in ch6. Sety demands you talk to him before he gives you his castle. Dick.