Arthur VS Sety VS Corpul

Trueblade74

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best wielder of the Holsety Tome?

• Arthur (Mage-Mage Knight Disc One Nuke)
    • Sety (Pre-promote Sage, Indestructible and canon)
    • Corpul (Priest-High Priest, Est who starts with staffs)

Oifayes are awesome, Jeigans are sucky crutches.

...Is that a picture of Areone against a custom sage sprite?

I am not trolling; I am just fed up with "Arthur" this and "Sharlow" that.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sort of a funny thing: factors that can be objectively defined do tend to have a reason behind the hype.

Don't hate, congratulate.

There are no bad Jeigans. Even the statistically horrible Jagen and Arran are still more useful than the vast majority of characters in their respective games.

Technically that's supposed to be a custom Mage Fighter, but.

Then address the issue. What makes Corple better than Arthur? Why is being an "Est" good? Prove you aren't flamebaiting with arguments, sir.

...but why? Corpul is bad. I can totally understand preferring Sety to Arthur (as I do myself), but Corpul isn't even any more of an Est than anyone else because of how growths are calculated in FE4.

Levin!Sety

HP 115

STR 20

MAG 35

SKL 50

SPD 105

LUK 30

DEF 35

MDEF 15

Levin!Corpul

HP 120

STR 15

MAG 50

SKL 45

SPD 95

LUK 40

DEF 25

MDEF 40

Congratulations on your higher magic and res growths, I guess, on a character that probably isn't going to have any issue capping magic anyway. I guess the resistance is a relatively minor boost, but certainly not one worth a 20 level deficit and horrific base stats.

...but why? Corpul is bad. I can totally understand preferring Sety to Arthur (as I do myself), but Corpul isn't even any more of an Est than anyone else because of how growths are calculated in FE4.

Levin!Sety

HP 115

STR 20

MAG 35

SKL 50

SPD 105

LUK 30

DEF 35

MDEF 15

Levin!Corpul

HP 120

STR 15

MAG 50

SKL 45

SPD 95

LUK 40

DEF 25

MDEF 40

Congratulations on your higher magic and res growths, I guess, on a character that probably isn't going to have any issue capping magic anyway. I guess the resistance is a relatively minor boost, but certainly not one worth a 20 level deficit and horrific base stats.

He's got 5% more HP.

Damnnnnnnnnnnn gurl, that 5% HP growth is really gonna turn Corpul into a TRUE TANK. In fact, just imagine how many more hits he'll survive with that +1 HP every 20 levels. Corpul is bad ass.

Lol, I just checked the High Priest stat caps too, and they're really bad. About as bad as Mage Knight's in fact. Hmmm.

How about the Knight Ring? Or do you give that to Laylea as well, you Sylvia-hating fanboys?

Would you stop strawmanning us, kindly, when ASKING FOR OUR DAMN OPINION?

I take offense to this. There's nothing feminine about Arthur whatsoever.

I would agree.

And then you see the official art.

At any rate, Sety is my preference. I'm a sucker for canon, and I just personally prefer Sages to Mage Knights.

Arthur with Holsety in the first chapters is ridiculous, though, I will agree. As is horseback/Canto.

Edited by Tea

My only counterargument is that the official art for FE4 has a bad (~70%) tendency to be ridiculously bad. Like, my art skills bad.

My only counterargument is that the official art for FE4 has a bad (~70%) tendency to be ridiculously bad. Like, my art skills bad.

? FE4 art is well above any fanart that's malformed in some way.

Also, despite the similarity in appearance to Tailtiu, Arthur isn't quite feminine enough to be alarming.

Arthur is the best. If you can give Sety the Leg + Knight Ring to make him move as much as Arthur, then I can give Arthur the Pursuit Ring and still ORKO everything. 9 mov killing machine with 1 ring > 9 mov killing machine with 2 rings. For 2-3 more chapters.

I voted for Arthur for obvious reasons.

Now about Corpul. Well uh, I accidentally paired Levin up with Sylvia so Corpul is my Holesty user. For the most part, he's bad. Like, I haven't gotten him up to promotion yet and I know I'm going to need Patty, the Elite Ring, and the Leg Ring so I can have a useable Holsety user just for the Final Chapter.

This is classic with Ests and while I'm baiting the troll here, I fail to see what's so great about Ests when you have a million units who do things just as well and do them for a lot longer.

@Colonel M: That vid was win.

Edited by Dark Sage