Best Overall Class for Handheld Fire Emblems

JaketheGr3at

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE6 Sages have got to be one of the most broken non-Lord or non-Special character classes ever. This is probably due to the fact that Anima magic is just plain overpowered in FE6 (Hell, just look at Aircalibur: 2 Wt, 8 Power and 85 hit, ridiculous) and the fact that most of your enemies have like zero resistance.

I don't see this at all. FE6 Sages require a lot of training and are incredibly frail. Their movement is nothing special and Lilina will miss doubling while Lugh won't do enough damage to ORKO most non-knight or otherwise weighed down enemies that aren't Wyverns.

Maybe FE5 Sages with Graphcalibur destroying people, fantastic promotion gains, and Sety being ridiculous, but FE6? I don't see it. FE5 isn't handheld anyway, so.

I don't see this at all. FE6 Sages require a lot of training and are incredibly frail. Their movement is nothing special and Lilina will miss doubling while Lugh won't do enough damage to ORKO most non-knight or otherwise weighed down enemies that aren't Wyverns.

Maybe FE5 Sages with Graphcalibur destroying people, fantastic promotion gains, and Sety being ridiculous, but FE6? I don't see it. FE5 isn't handheld anyway, so.

try doing a magic only FE6 PT and you'll talk differently. the first few chapters you get them, it will be hard and you need meat shields. but when overpowered they are better than any other overpowered classes. mostly because of staves and permanent 1-2 range, and of course low enemy res.

FE11 Swordmasters. Especially when raised as mages. Merric Mage->SM is beast with Levin Sword. Its obviously the most broken.

I don't call these stats broken:

HP  STR  MAG  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES
54.5 6.9  8.6  28.7 29.8 20.1 13.7 7.7 

Edited by General_Horace

FE11 Swordmasters. Especially when raised as mages. Merric Mage->SM is beast with Levin Sword. Its obviously the most broken.

I can't even treat that as an actual argument... Especially since Levin Swords are weak.

try doing a magic only FE6 PT and you'll talk differently. the first few chapters you get them, it will be hard and you need meat shields. but when overpowered they are better than any other overpowered classes. mostly because of staves and permanent 1-2 range, and of course low enemy res.

try doing a fighters only FE6 PT and you'll find out that they rule because you can only use them

oh wait

Edited by dondon151

Well, which do you think would be both easier and faster: a mage-only playthrough, or a Cavalier/Paladin-only playthrough?

I think the answer is abundantly obvious.

Edited by Silvercrow

FE6 Sages have got to be one of the most broken non-Lord or non-Special character classes ever. This is probably due to the fact that Anima magic is just plain overpowered in FE6 (Hell, just look at Aircalibur: 2 Wt, 8 Power and 85 hit, ridiculous) and the fact that most of your enemies have like zero resistance.

Weapons by themselves don't matter. It's how you use them. And they don't exactly stand out.

Best class is Roy!Lord. Its got the least potential. Therefore it is the best.

Nono, it has the utility of being the only unit to capture castles and is forced to be used. One group will say it makes him top tier. The other says he's shit anyways. Most don't care.