Which game should I play next?

Which game?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fire Emblem game do you recommend?

• Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light
    • Gaiden
    • Mystery of the Emblem
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Finish my third playthrough of Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance (Probably not possible atm)
    • Radiant Dawn (See above)
    • Shin Monshou non Nazo

So, I was thinking a lot, and I was wondering which game to play next. I've already played FE6-8 and FE11, so they aren't on the list. I'm currently at Fort Rigwald in Sacred Stones. (I'm playing it again to finish Ephraim's route and enable Creature Campaign.)

Anyway, I tried Thracia 776 and it was pretty fun. (Probably gets a lot harder after a few chapters.) I was going to ask whether I should play it or not, but why stop there?

If you can spare the time, I'd appreciate if you can recommend where to go in the series from here. It's much more convenient for me to play on a handheld than a console, so the GC/Wii games may be infeasible.

I kinda feel like I've got a lot of nerve thinking my decision deserves its own thread, but if you can help, please do.

FE4 is worth at least trying (some like it, others don't, it's rather unconventional) and doesn't require a console. It's also probably a good idea to play at least the first half of it before trying Thracia.

I'm going to go with the rest of the current crowd, and say go and play some Genealogy. The gameplay is breathtaking(I mean, come on. You actually get to play god, which is a definite step up. Oh, and two generations mean double the fun.), and the character development is among the best out there(especially compared to Shadow Dragon, where you got guys who said nothing other than their death quote.)

Do Gaiden. Gaiden is a cool guy.

I was going to say FE4 until I remembered what the people who say FE4 are going to say and I don't want myself associated with that crowd. :|

Also, why did you put English names for all of the games except FE12?

I'm with Integ. Gaiden=Awesome. Even if Gaiden also = Suckage,

There is nothing bad in Gaiden. What on earth are you talking about.

FE4's cool and all, but Gaiden's so unique. It's the most under-appreciated game in an under-appreciated series. Play it. SF needs more Gaiden.

There is nothing bad in Gaiden. What on earth are you talking about.

FE4's cool and all, but Gaiden's so unique. It's the most under-appreciated game in an under-appreciated series. Play it. SF needs more Gaiden.

Gaiden's awesome. It's level design is also atrocious half the time, and so is its pacing. It's good, but a jarring experience.

Do Gaiden. Gaiden is a cool guy.

I was going to say FE4 until I remembered what the people who say FE4 are going to say and I don't want myself associated with that crowd. :|

Also, why did you put English names for all of the games except FE12?

FE12 isn't translated yet. Everything else has a translation, either official or unofficial.

Anyway, interesting replies. I was playing FE4 for a while, but I ended up restarting at one point since I didn't like how my party was progressing. I was at Chapter 4 at the time.

The only problem I had with FE4 was infantry units on enormous maps.

Thanks for your input! I'll consider the suggestions.

They are very different. And there are many of them. And many worth playing. This is not so with western fans. We have almost nothing public worth noting. MageKnight404's hack is pretty much complete, though its art style isn't the best. There's some weird parody hack of one of the games, but it's pretty basic.

Genealogy of Neir, of Tordo, of Narga are all fun. As is the TS hack, and Inflation, and the Remastered version (that "Binary" patch). That's FE4 alone. There's also the Suikoden hack of it. FE5 has Blume, TS, Super Thracia, and a hack by Spyrodi (I don't recall if it was ever publically released however...). There's the Will of Good and Evil (FE8), FE7if (FE7). FE2 has a couple hacks finished for it (I never finished mine however). FE3 Biraku is out there.

Edited by Celice

I'd recommend New Mystery, because it's SD's vastly superior sequel (and a fine Book 2 remake), but the language barrier would keep you from enjoying it for now.

Then I considered FE9 and then 10, but you said you can't play them ATM. You shouldn't play 10 before 9 if you can help it, imo.

So, the natural answer is 4.

FE4 and 5.

If you feel like trying something a little different, try TearRing Saga. It's basically Fire Emblem (part of it looks like Gaiden/Sacred Stones, the other part is similar to Thracia 776) with a different name on a different console (PSX).

I hear the Shining Force series might be interesting as well.

Edited by Dio

I've started a game on FE4. I'm going to see if I can't get it right this time. Interestingly, Noish is shaping up to be a pretty good unit, despite not having the all-important Pursuit skill.

However, since I'm working on testing, I'm going to be playing Dark Dragon at the same time. It seems my game has chosen me.

You can grab a Pursuit Ring with Ardan and sell its shit over to Noish in Chapter 2. It'd help him, I think.

I totally forgot to do this in my draft :(