Pokemon Black: Serenes Forest Edition

riariadne

too bad lol

Drilbur learned Dig. Fuck. Yes. I've also decided to include current team in the OP, as well as the entire PC (stuff in the PC doesn't have moves listed though).

Is Darumaka supposed to be hard to find? I haven't seen any D:

Game Freak are bigger trolls than IS. I took two fucking hours to find a Sigilyph. The next five battles after I finally got one were. All. Fucking. Sigilyph.

By this time it wa 2 in the morning so I've beaten all the gym trainers except Elesa. Team in OP.

Update! Vocaloid Lily I mean Elesa was a bit difficult, and I was soundly stomped in my first attempt against her, but a retry let me win with little difficulty. SeverIan is prving to not need the EXP share at all and trashes most enemies I'm facing without issue. I met the Champion who is a badass guy named Alder, crossed another cool (if slightly less so) bridge and got some feathers, learned the way of rotation battles, battled a few trainers in the cold storage, once again noted how fucking awesome this game's music is, and saved.

Don't have current moveset of team, but I can recall the levels and items are:

GenrlSpoon Darumaka LV 28 Eviolite

Musashi Dewott LV 26 MysticWater

SeverIan Sigilyph LV 25 AmuletCoin

Levity Cottonee LV 23 ExpShare

Rei Rei Sawk LV 26 BlackBelt

Hikarusa Drilbur LV 24 SoftSand

Also I am apparently supposed to have caught a Sandile by now but god dammit they get KO'd with absolutely no effort. Yamask, too, which is a bit regrettable seeing as it's a cool Pokemon too... I'll make sure to get them after I get Fly, which should be soon.

One thing I fogot: this one Liepard KO'd Bizz. Since ERL was begging to be trained...

captial n e o capital r e y capital l e o n

/spiteful

Edited by Reinfleche

Shit I almost didn't update I was having so much fun. Beat the Cold Storage (the inside of it has my least favorite soundtrack so far, but even then it's pretty sweet) and Clay, who as a pretty cool hat by the way. Excadrill was a bit difficult to fight- KO'd 3 of my guys!- but the gym was awesome otherwise. I liked the design, absolutely stomps DPPt's elevator gym which was cool at the time, but this blows it put of the water. Got NTG the Deerling, Balcerzak the Joltik who will go on my team after this Cave, and...

HIKARUSA HAS ACHIEVED GOD STATUS AS A EXCADRILL (AND HORN DRILLED FIVE RANDOM GUYS IN A ROW FUCK YEAH.)

Lucky Egg is officially gr9mazing. CURRENT TEAM, CHARGESTONE CAVE B2-

Levity Cottonee LV 28 LuckyEgg Charm/GigaDrain/StunSpore/RazorLeaf

Hikarusa Excadrill LV 31 SoftSand HornDrill/RockSlide/Dig/Slash

Musashi Dewott LV 28 MysticWater WaterPulse/RazorShell/FuryCutter/Revenge

Rei Rei Sawk LV 27 BlackBelt KarateChop/Counter/DoubleKick/LowSweep

GenrlSpoon Darumaka LV 29 Eviolite FirePunch/FireFang/Thrash/Headbutt

SeverIan Sigilyph LV 26 AmuletCoin Psywave/Fly/Psybeam/AirCutter

I am on Route 7. I would be further but I am too busy having fun with Hikarusa's glorious killstreak. Horn Drill has the following record-

16 hits/miss/14 hits/2 misses/23 hits/miss.

You can have a team update I guess.

Hikarusa Excadrill LV 38 SoftSand HornDrill/RockSlide/Earthquake/Slash

Levity Cottonee LV 35 ExpShare EnergyBall/GigaDrain/StunSpore/RazorLeaf

Balcerzak replaced GenrlSpoon but hasn't leveled yet (is lv 27). Will probably be give EXPShare soon. I need to get moving.

I did? D: I'll go back to look for one...

In other news, Mistralton gym down. The gym was a bit difficult because of low levels but Balcerzak killfaced most of it. I like the cannons (I got shot into a wall twice ow) Skyla was, like, easier than most of the gym. It literally followed the patern of-

her person attacks

balcerzak eletricweb

balcerzak electricweb again

Then I went to Twist Mountain. Rival Battle. Sup Alder WOAHSHIT DID HE JUST JUMP OFF A FUCKING CLIFF. Hi Clay. Into the place! ooh snowy. My team's horrific underlevlledness because hilariously apparent here. Freohr also gets the honor of being the first team member to come back from the PC. I am in Iccurus city chilling with over 100,000 from the ore guy.

Evolutions for Balcerzak and Levity. Whimiscotttttttt

TEAM UPDATE

Levity Whimsicott LV 37 MiracleSeed EnergyBall/CottonGuard/GigaDrain/StunSpore

Balcerzak Galvantula LV 36 AmuletCoin eletroweb/electroball/signalbeam/slash

Hikarusa same

Rei Rei Level 32 same moves/item iirc

Dewott Level 32 same moves/item but surf instead of waterpulse

Freohr like level 33 EXPShare some stuff i forget

Haven't seen one of you yet... man I'm going to have to do a return montage where I catch all the requested 'mons that haven't yet been caught.

In other news, Brycen down! His gym was pretty fun, but it gave me the horrific feeling of "way too fucking easy". Alas, such is the awesomeness that is Sawk.

The gym turned out to not need as much training. I expected it to be more like "beat trainers, try leader and fail miserably, then kick ass on return trip," but... no. Not even close. I literally cleared this place out in the 15 minutes of free time I had before school. Oh well.

exit and fuck it's Cheren and Bianca rival battle after a gym? D: No, apparently they want to talk with me. Kaaayyy. Then Brycen steps out and says something about "who are you", Cheren gives an intro, then he's all like "show yourselves!" I was sitting there thinking that the mask must be fucking up his vision. Apparently it actually gives him superpowarz since he saw the Shadow Triad who say N wants me. So Brycen is not one of the sit there and only be there for teh purpose of the gym people.

Now that I think about it, I think I see every gym leader outside of their gym. Well, Cilan was just to ask about what your starter was, but it's more than you can say for every other gen (in gen 1 there's only Giovanni, gen 2 Morty and Claire, Gen 3 Roxanne, Wattson, and Wallace, Gen 4 Roark, Gardenia postgame, Maylene in Platinum, Wake, Fantina, Candice in postgame, and Volkner, but outside of Giovanni and Claire its for liek 2 seconds and only to get them to go to their gym or for some sidequest- or in maylene's case pretty much just to be like 'hi' for no reason.)

... Anyways, I like that. Gym leaders should be awesome, and prove their awesomeness. All of them do that so far except the first. Only the Champions have been cool enough to be like 'yeah I'm a badass NPC sup' before and show up more than once in past gens and actually prove their awesomeness ('Dargonite, use Hyper Beam!' fuck yeah).

So now I go to Dragonspiral Tower. I am currently engaged in a battle with a Druddgion and I need to see if that evolves into something cool or if it's an evolution of someone I'm using. Looks kinda like Hydreigon...)

That sucks. Looks kinda cool, though. It also ends with a gon like Hydreigon, too, that was really misleading...

Poor Musashi. KO'd by the first wild Pokemon...

Edited by Reinfleche

soooo

N has Zekrom. This means he gets his legendary way before me. sadface. Tower wasn't hard, but was pretty fun. Go around and stuff, go to Relic Castle, Cofagrius get! box'd. Nacrene city, i am a superhero now, Alder goes to be awesome. I get lost on the way to Opelucid because I don't see the little right turn on Route 8. :[ So I was a bit unprepared when Bianca fought me. meh. Musharna is fucking annoying. Seriously. High specdef, defense curl, full restores and lucky chant is super assholish. everything else dies laughably though. Ghetsis shows up on teh train bridge with the teleporting people. Hey it's Iris! And Drayden the Spartan Mayor. Gym looks cool, but I go in and have trouble against the first Pokemon. Not a good sign. I decided that this might be a good time to look back for some stuff...

I heard this place is way different in White. I wonder what it looks like. and which will it be when they do the inevitable Grey? bet they'll make a new one as to not give either version more credit

Anyways, I check the Pokedex and see Axew is in Mistralton Cave. Sounds good. I fly to Driftveil (whoever named this cave was a genius, apparently), catch one really easily, and decide to explore around blindly. Fun. After a bit of stumbling around I see some guy who tells me of three Pokemon who put out fires but still think people are fighting each other, and says one of them called Cobalion is here. Oooh. I prepare for a trek through a much bigger dungeon and heal up and stuff, but it's right there. okay

And level 42. Beating out Excadrill by one. He takes me three tries and I catch it in... wait for it... a fucking poke ball. 8] Rei Rei will

be replaced after a long time of usage. ;_; you were awesome bro. I also sub out Bal for Axew. Beat the gym- this one was pretty challenging, actually, they outleveled most of my team. Cobalion (now known as the amazing Metal Arc) is really really good. Sacred Sword can 2KO fucking anything, with just as much PP as Low Sweep and 30 more power. Yeah, this was worth it.

To Victoly Road! I go and suddenly Cheren. Every game. every. game. He's not too bad but Coil is fucking broken (atk def accuracy what the fuck is this bullshit). Fortunately a Fly from Freohr who evolved by the way takes off half his health, then finished by... something else. Cobalion makes quick work of Liepard, Levity of Simipour, and the bird thingy to Hikarusa. sweet max revives! The gates thing is pretty awesome. Then I go in and

ahahahahaha first trainer has two level 45 pokemon

fuck.

training montage tiem! go and fight the route 9 people who I had skipped before, go to that other part of route 1, get a little way through the sea route and then i kind of don't fucking feel like it so I fly to Victioly Road and save.

Levity Whimsicott LV 39 MiracleSeed same moves

Hextator Fraxure LV 44 LuckyEgg DragonClaw/DragonDance/DragonPulse/Slash

Hikarusa Excadrill Level 41 the same i think

Metal Arc Cobalion LV 44 BlackBelt moves it starts with

Musashi Samurott LV 38 MysticWater Surf/Slash/RazorShell/um iunno

Freohr level 37 i forget something like Fly/crunch/agility/some other thing

ah sorry guys, you didn't make it. :<

THE MAIN STORY IS OVER. Victory Road was... tedious, but it was fun, too. I caught a Durant and name it something I forget (I'm going to have to update my PC section soon...), but I didn't see the thing that evolves into Hydreigon. After like two hours I make it through to the pretty intense new league. I'm glad they let you challenge the trainers in any order- get the fight you think will be the hardest over with first sounds good, though I didn't think to do that at first. I enter, and...

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Admittedly, I did rather badly my first try- Grimsley and Caitlin weren't much, but Shauntal turned out to be too much to handle. reset! This time I take on Shauntal first... and fail once more. Third time's the charm? nope. Fourth however is. Then I beat the other two and save, just in case. Turns out that was a very good idea. I do need tow tried. Marshal's kinda tough- Throh's super durable and hits pretty hard, and then I face a Sawk. Now I'm the one facing its power... and this power does hurt. Very much so. Conkledurr and Mienshao fall more easily. Now to this sweet-ass temple. awww yeaahhhh. We see Alder and N, and Alder lost. doesn't he have liek level 70s? wtf

anyways WOAH N SUMMONS A CASTLE AAAA well I knew that he'd summon it, but... this was not exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking more of a bit smaller and the castle fits inside the Pokemon league... not the Pokemon League fits inside the castle. I go around, get some items from the silly n00bs, see those two girls from teh opening movie, and I see N's room. Enharmonia. I feel a bit sad for him, living alone and stuff. I really like N. He's a great character. And now I have to battle him, after catching Reshiram that is! it's a higher level than my whole team ._. I admittedly used my Master Ball just because I think it deserves nothing less than the best. And naturally the best must have the best name as well. RESHIRAM IS NOW WIST. FOREVER. Anyways, Reshiram vs. Zekrom. N is what I'd consider the perfect balance for a final boss- he's not frustratingly hard, but not a breeze. He has a cool team, too- haven't seen a lot of his team members. I also like the music here.

And... surprise! N's not the final boss. Here comes Ghetsis... and he makes the big reveal. He was using Team Plasma so he could be the only one in Unova to have Pokemon! nooooo poor N. :( I was expecting I wouldn't face him until the postgame, truth be told. Well, here it goes. Funky music. He's not terribly hard at first- I was a bit surprised by Zoroark's disguise, though. Then there's this strange chant. I think it's saying Ghetsis? Whatever, the more important thing is that he sends out... Hydreigon.

FUCK

This is very, very, very bad for my team. I can't safely send out... anyone! He's effective against them all and successfully sweeps four of my guys with alnost no assistance... what's this? Metal Arc survives Focus Blast with 6 HP! Sacred Sword takes off the health it had remaining from the small hits I was able to deal earlier, but... it too lives. Full Restore. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu--

...ck yes a critical hit! whew that was a close call. All is well. The rest of the battle goes by much better, after a few heals. And I've done it. Main story complete.

Biggest impression?

I LOVE GEN 5. I never thought I'd enjoy a Pokemon game more than Pokemon Crystal- besides HG/SS, the remakes. Then they make B/W and I was skeptical at first, but boy was I wrong. I can honestly say this is my new favorite game I've ever played, bar none. And I haven't even beaten the Champion yet, heh. Applause, Gamefreak. You've outdone yourself.

I'll update everything, give a more indepth account of the finale, and give the final main story team later today. Right now I'm tired- not really sure why, but I don't really feel like giving the team. and its more fun to leave it to imagination! :P

NEXT UPDATE: POSTGAME!

Edited by Reinfleche

Yep!

okay I procrastinated this way too long here's the final stuff and everything. Might've forgot a thing but eh

THE FINAL MAIN STORY PARTY

---

Wist Reshiram LV 50 no item lol FusionFlare/DragonBreath/Extrasensory/Slash?w/e

Levity Whimsicott LV 44 MiracleSeed GigaDrain/EnergyBall/CottonGuard/StunSpore(... never thought I'd see the day I kept that so long)

Hikarusa Excadrill LV 47 SoftSand HornDrill/Earthquake/RockSlide/ShadowClaw

Musashi Samurott LV 46 MysticWater Surf/RazorShell/Strength/AquaTail

Hextator Fraxure LV 47 AmuletCoin DragonClaw/DragonDance/Slash/DragonPulse

Metal Arc Covalion LV 46 BlackBelt same moves it starts with lol

Freohr Archeops LV 40 none Fly/Agility/DragonBreath/somethingelseiforget, was put in PC for the finale.

BOX 1: SFOREST

Fourth Fox Audino LV 8

Tangerine Munna LV 8

Ether Lillipup LV 14

Furetchen (formerly Astra) Pakrat LV 15

Tibarn Pidove LV 8

Kiryn Blitzle LV 19

BigBoss Klink LV 26

Balcerzak Galvantula LV 36

Rei Rei Sawk LV 40

GenrlSpoon Darumaka LV 30

SeverIan Sigilyph LV 29

Acacia Sgt Cofagrigus LV 37

DestnyHero Scraggy LV 17

Zephrion candlething lv 27

Roxas Emolga LV 24

Silvercrow something i forget

Emerald Bouffolant LV 34

Rey Leon Purrloin LV 13 ish

NeoReyLeon Liepard LV 22

NeoKiryn evolved blitzle thing LV 27 ish

ClaudeCK Throh LV 15 ish

Strawman Vullaby LV 38 (aside note: either you or the game trolled me as I saw nothing but females of these so lol)

PaperBlade Mienfoo LV 33

Colonel M Durant LV 40

NeoEther evolved lillipup thing LV 34 ish

Ragen Pansear LV 19

KenZomg Ferroseed LV 27 ish

Frosty Vanillite LV 30 ish

eclipse Gothita LV 22

people that have not been caught yet:

crashman_alpha Pawniard

IntegerZero Volcanara

Nightmarre Deino

PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY WERE ON THE TEAM AT SOME POINT

--

Musashi (starred- all game)

Ether (starred- Route 1 to Route 3)

Furetchen (starred- Route 2 to Castelia)

Rey Leon (starred- Route 2 to Route 3)

Ragen (starred- Striaton to Nimbassa)

Kiryn (starred- Route 3 to Nimbassa)

Rei Rei (starred- Pinwheel to Opelucid)

Hikarusa (starred- Wellspring to endgame)

Levity (starred- Pinwheel to endgame)

GenrlSpoon (starred- Route 4 to Mistralton)

Freohr (starred- Mistralton to endgame)

SeverIan (starred- Desert Resort to Mistralton)

Balcerzak (starred- Mistralton to Opelucid)

Hextator (starred- Opelucid to Endgame)

Metal Arc (starred- Opelucid to Endgame)

Wist (starred- N's Castle)

Edited by Reinfleche

• 1 month later...

Wow, it's been a while. But I think this counts as a project thread, probably. And I guess I can say this project's over, with the goal met.

Postgame.

The east side of Unova is open. I travel around, and feel a difficulty increase as Trainer's Pokemon are rarely below level 60. I explore caves, cross a bunch of bridges, Dive, find a highly suspicious island, go into The Lost Woods Lostlorn Forest expecting it to be awesome and find there's liek nothing there nearly as soon as I go in, evolve and box Hextator, catch a Pupitar, name it ColonelM (Drant was actually Proto ;/), evolve it, box that too, catch an Absol, name it Integrity, fight a bunch of people who still outlevel me, catch Nightmare, evolve him, and evolve him once more, level Hikarusa up to like 65, feel a bit dismayed at how obsolete Musashi is becoming, make him an HM person, find some sages, catch Vocarona, and battle a lot of people who still outlevel my team for the most part. But that's okay, because it's fun.

Some time around early-May, I decided fuck this, I've barely filled up a box and there's still o much awesome shit to find. The hell am I doing? I go around catching anything I haven't got. Well, I still lack the patience for a few things, like the stupid monkeys (I get a blue one by pure luck) and Tornadus, but I've got a lot. So yesterday, I manage to accidentally find Virzion (I name it Emraldo), catch it in a Heal Ball (8]). Looking at stuff I haven't got, I went to Victory Road in search of a Heatmor, and surprise! I find Terrakion. Catch and name Anouleth. At that point, I think I've seen everything you can get in the Unova dex without events, so I go check in with the professor, but apparently not. I realize it's probably just Thundurus (and by extension Landorus) and there's nothing I can do about it. Still, I can't help but think I'm missing something. So I fly around and look around before remembering some boulder near... that town near Village Bridge, so I look around the other side. suddenly, le cave! Foggy cave. Giant Chasm. Go in, go items, go in cave, exit cave from the other exit, find items there, circle around to make sure I'm not missing something, and, and, and...S now? What is this bullshit? Everything's covered in snow. This means I can go up into the entrance I couldn't reach before, and i seee a big blue dragon. Kyurem. wtf how did I forget this thingy. well, I catch it, and in lacking any requests left I name it Narga.

At this time, I realize the time is right. I can probably beat the new and improved but still with awesome music Pokemon League. I teach it TMs, and I enter. Pretty much only 2 Pokemon fought tbh- Kyurem and Volcarona. Wist KO'd a thing, everything else was there for when I needed teh revives. They were, like last time, just the right challenge level, but no resets this time. Then I get to Alder. I wanted to battle him for a while, and now I can! The finale begins. Accelgor falls in a single Heat Wave after a Me First. Druddigon next. Kyurem OHKOs. Bouffolant was a bit harder as I didn't have any supereffective moves for it on the two and I somehow couldn't 2HKO it, and it beats Kyurem with a critical Stone Edge I wasn't expecting. This was Wist's only KO, actually, because I somehow outsped. k. next is his Volcarona. fffffuuuuuu. I switch out to mine and we both set up two Quiver Dances, then he Overheats me, ouch! I set up my third Quiver Dance, then opt for another since he's back at neutral SpAtk now, and live with a decent amount of HP. My Heat Waves slowly wear down his HP after a Hyper Potion, and then I finally KO it. With all the boosts, I manage to sweep Escavalier and Vanilluxe easily, and that's it. I'm the Champion. Nothing's really left... Well, I guess there's still the Game Freak guy and Cynthia. And I want to battle the Pokemon League again without using Kyurem or Volcarona, too. But as far as updates, there's nothing left. Except the team!

STARRING (as in who was used for fighting a notable amount, not necessarily the final team)

Wist- Reshiram lv 59, Dragon Fang, FusionFlare/DragonBreath/DragonPulse/Extrasensory

Hikarusa- Excadrill lv 65, Rocky Helmet, Fissure/HornDrill/RockSlide/ShadowClaw

Narga- Kyurem lv 76, Expert Belt, IceBeam/DragonPulse/ShadowBall/Psychic

IntegrZero- Volcarona lv 72, Silver Powder, Psychic/HeatWave/QuiverDance/BugBuzz

Nightmare- Hydreigon lv 64, Griseous Orb, Crunch/ShadowBall/DragonPulse/HyperVoice

CO-STARS

Levity- Whimsicott lv 46, Miracle Seed, GigaDrain/CottonGuard/Tornado/EnergyBall

Musashi- Samurott lv 48, Mystic Water, Surf/Waterfall/Dive/Strength

Freohr- same

(final team was Narga/IntegrZero/Wist/Musashi/Freohr/Levity)

o/