[FE10] new draft

Fenrir

Yeah, stats are my favourite part.

Will be posting progress soon.

edit:

Part 1 Prologue

Nolan, Mia, Janaff, Reyson, Mordecai, Kieran, Rolf, Leonardo, Bastian, Kurthnaga

MVP: Edward

Leonardo didn't get to do anything except one hit against the boss. Micaiah got a crappy level up, and Edward's only crit was against the boss who had 3 HP left. Oh well.

Turns: 6 + 3 (Edward)

----------------

Part 1 Chapter 1:

Nolan, Mia, Janaff, Reyson, Mordecai, Kieran, Rolf, Leonardo, Bastian, Kurthnaga

MVP: Nolan

Nolan walked right up to the soldier and consumed a dracoshield. Leonardo and Micahah followed behind, helping with chip damage and allowing for the 6 turn clear. Leo definitly saved one or two turns here.

Turns: 6

----------------

Part 1 Chapter 2:

MVP: Sothe

Nolan and Leonardo immediately go up the ledge to clear the wya for Laura. Sothe met up with them and plowed ahead with Leonardo ferrying Laura to the arrive spot. Nolan and Micaiah teamed up to get the Thani, and since I didn't really need the Wind Edge or Energy Drop, I skipped them to save time.

-----------------

Part 1 Chapter 3:

Right-hand side. Sothe and Nolan cleared the way while Leonardo rescued Micaiah to help er keep up. On turn 4, I manipulated the enemies to attack Nolan instead of Micaiah, who I dropped just in reach of the escape point. In all, I think it's impossible to make a faster clear. Leon saved a turn here by ferrying Micaiah (I'm keeping track of how many turns he saves cuz Soul doesn't believe Leonardo helps out)

Turns: 5

------------------

Unit      Level  HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Micaiah   3.89   15  02  08  09  08  11  02  06
Sothe     1.38   35  18  04  20  20  15  14  09
Leonardo  5.44   17  09  00  12  10  07  05  05    
Nolan     11.41  31  12  00  11  11  07  12  03

THE CODE EDITOR IS MAKING ME MAD

Total turns so far: 26

Edited by Yuglyoshi

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-P 5 + 3 Eddie penalty

Eddie crit stuff and got two levels (T_T) and Mic didn't get much.

I hate the next chapters. :(

1-1 7+ 3 Nolan penalty

Got the hand axe and Leo and Ed stayed in the far corner.

1-2 7 + 3 Nolan penalty

Hated this, if Mic wasn't about to die I could've gotten the thani. Oh well.

Edited by Origin

2-P 8 turns

Neal kills everything. I take elincia as my free unit. Neal takes on a bunch of enemies to increase his strike. He goes around carrying leanne to protect maric and elincia from getting attacked in order to increase his strike. Haar stays as an other phase unit and gets attacked by the boss. He reduces the boss hp just enough so that wrath range neal could kill him in 2 hits.

2-1 10 turns + 6

I hate this chapter, i can never find a way to finish this in like 7 turns, and only take 1 penalty. Bah screw it. And nephenee hates using wrath it seems. She never uses it <_<

2-2 was like 8 turns or so + 4 from Lucia.

Neal takes the skies again (and hits the rocks :lol: ) Anywho he uses olivi grass and takes on the general near the torch. he then goes west and encounters a bunch of enemies he even gets at wrath range (So glad his avoid is huge other wise he would have died the next 2 turns.) he takes on the generals and the boss. Lucia escapes. Lucia took the west then north then west path.

2-3 7 turns

Geoffrey charges up with horselayer, brave lance, short spear. Kills speedwing guy. Opens door, kill sword master boss that attacks him with brave lance, seizes next turn.

2-E 5 turns.

This took some tries, I tried to give neal as much fighting as possible. He got s-trike, and got in wrath range. He kills the general with energy drop and soon thereafter untransform to the many enemies that encircle him. He gets his gauge replenish by the archers and an general, then on his turn he goes to the magic spot, takes the energy drop (foolish of me) and waits for next turn. He then wraths the crap out of Ludveck and ends the thing.

The reason it was foolish was because he wouldn't have killed anyway. He needs to crit twice which to make it happen requires some battle save abusing. The fact it happened after i decided to use the energy drop is just miraculous. All Hail The RNG goddess. I might redo it again though idk.... Have a save where neal has 11 strength, he got 2 more levels and got another str level up after that.

Sorry, it seems you guys like stats, I'll start putting them here as well then.

Edited by SlayerX

1-3 6 turns

This chapter kicked my ass so much. I shoved Laura with all of my undrafted units to get Aran and escaped w/ Micaiah on turn 6. Thank you Sothe for critting everything and allowing me to not take any penalties.

Edit: And thanks Micaiah for getting a perfect level up and dodging stuff

Well, I 6 turned it again, same strategy except Micaiah was in danger of dying because Sothe had to go up once. (so Laura wouldn't get attacked)

Edited by Origin

1-3 6 turns

This chapter kicked my ass so much. I shoved Laura with all of my undrafted units to get Aran and escaped w/ Micaiah on turn 6. Thank you Sothe for critting everything and allowing me to not take any penalties.

Edit: And thanks Micaiah for getting a perfect level up and dodging stuff biggrin.gif

ummm.... i hate to burst your bubble but...

The only characters you can deploy are those you drafted, or those who are needed to recruit another character(can be any character). Also as always the recruiter characters can't fight or heal unless you want to take a penalty. Forced units that you did not choose must not be used at all. NO ferrying, shoving, visiting houses, getting items off the ground, meatshielding.

How about as a compromise, I post stats in part 4, or not at all, but for now I'll just be a bit more descriptive?

2-1 9 turns

This one...was pretty easy. The trick is making sure Nephenee doubled the right armor in front of the bosses platform. After killing him, she doubled back while baiting the ranged enemies and healing while Brom marched up to attack the boss, who he reached on turn 3 (I think). Nephenee then killed a fighter next player phase, went down to the lower platform, ran past a mage, and recruited Heather on turn 6, while Brom attacked the boss again, killing him.

2-2 11 turns

Lucia went northeast towards the arrive point, and took a couple of turns to kill the armor in front of the boss, and the boss himself. Leanne stayed out of harm's way, while Brom held off quite a few enemies, making sure they didn't attack undrafted units.

2-3 8 turns

I took the Geoffrey penalty. Marcia got some bonus exp too. Since I wasn't going to give Geoffrey any bonus exp I used my old strategy of putting Marcia on the tip of the bosses range, baiting him off of the arrive square, and allowing Geoffrey to arrive.

2-E 2 turns

This one was pretty smooth. I could have done it in one turn if Marcia would have gotten the speedwing last chapter. I gave Brom some bonus exp.Marcia picked up Brom, was vigored by Leanne, and dropped Brom in Ludveck's range with a hammer equipped. On enemy phase Ludveck was left with 11 hp, and Brom finished him off next player phase.

Edited by Xander

Part 1 Chapter 4:

Bought Beastkiller, made a support with Nolan and Leo for +8 Avo and +1 Atk and Def. Sold Shade, Guard, Fortune, Steel Sword, Thunder, Elthunder, and a Heal staff. Forged a +5 mt/+10 hit Iron Knife for Sothe, a max mt/hit Iron Bow for Leonardo, and a +5 mt/+10 hit Iron Axe for Nolan. Left with like, 700g.

For the actual map, I had the three first-tier units go north to kill the boss and then west to get the Beastfoe and hide from reinforcements. Sothe went south, east, then north again to kill the other boss and get the Seraph Robe. In all, I got the Robe, the Beastfoe, and the 3000g. Leo helped shave a turn.

-------------------

Part 1 Chapter 5:

Meh. Nolan and Leo didn't get as much exp as I was hoping, and I didn't get the Master Seal or the Shine Barrier. I didn't want to restart though because I got lucky once in the beginning and this chapter doesn't even matter really.

-------------------

Part 1 Chapter 6:

Took weapons and skills off the new recruits. I forged another two Iron Knives (one with +5 mt and the other with +5mt/+15 crit) for Sothe plus gave him Adept and Cancel. For this chapter, Sothe ran west and north with his forged knives and destroyed every enemy. Nolan killed the knights and peg knights around the starting area. Micaiah and Leonardo stayed in the middle area to stay safe and pick off the weakened enemies who like to try and get to the healhedge.

I did the generic two-turn strategy for the second half. Nolan got a lot of exp from all the enemies near the start.

Turns: 8

Stats at the beginning of 1-7:

Unit      Level  HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
Micaiah   7.28   24  02  11  12  08  14  04  10
Sothe     5.57   37  19  05  24  21  19  15  10
Leonardo  10.99   21  10  00  15  10  11  08  06    
Nolan     1.99  37  17  03  20  18  11  19  06

Turns so far: 46

Edited by Yuglyoshi

Part 1 Chapter 7:

MVP: NOLAN!!

Promoted Nolan with a few levels of bexp, and gave him Paragon. If you couldn't tell, I want him to be really high leveled so 1-E and Part 3 aren't hell. His 19 defense, which is 3 over the 16 he has on average have when you factor in the Dracoshield, should help with that. Anyway, this chapter was basically just Nolan tanking through everything, including the boss, while Sothe carried Micaiah. I got the Arms Scroll too. Leo only got one hit off, but thats all he really needs, I can bexp him to 11.99 now.

Now I'm killing myself trying to get a good strat for 1-8. I can't figure out who I should use as a penalty unit, and I don't know where to send people. :(

Edited by Yuglyoshi

1-4 6 turns

Aran went up the left while Sothe raped through the right. I had Mic get the beastfoe. A lucky crit from Aran almost killed him, but meh. Micaiah would've killed the tiger it if he didn't crit. And he got speed twice :) I think I could've five turned, but Mic didn't get beastfoe so I had to wait.

1-5 6 turns

Had to restart a few times because Volug kept getting attacked by the fire mage. Yay for speed and magic blessed Aran.

1-6-1 5 turns

Hell yeah, Tauro. Sothe went up the right and Tauroneo went to the west, with Aran trailing behind to get the things that Tauro couldn't reach while staying out of enemy range so it doesn't cost me a turn.

1-6-2 2 turns

Sothe and Tauro rushed to the boss and got the seal. Micaiah and Volug went in to the far west corner to avoid being attacked and Aran completely wtfpwned everything in the middle of the map.

Edited by Origin

Now I'm killing myself trying to get a good strat for 1-8. I can't figure out who I should use as a penalty unit, and I don't know where to send people. :(

Try sending sothe alone (or carrying micaiah) east then south towards the boss (with some iron forges). Nolan and Leo (or leo can try and go west but that would take too long imo and he probably isn't trained as much as nolan) can probably go south together. And then you could use Nailah to get rid of the enemies on the western side, but that give a lot of penalties. What you could do is send Tormod instead. He is pretty close to the island, has 1-2 range and less penalty. Be mindful of the first draco knight in the map, he likes to go into places where you can't reach him with any unit.

Try sending sothe alone (or carrying micaiah) east then south towards the boss (with some iron forges). Nolan and Leo (or leo can try and go west but that would take too long imo and he probably isn't trained as much as nolan) can probably go south together. And then you could use Nailah to get rid of the enemies on the western side, but that give a lot of penalties. What you could do is send Tormod instead. He is pretty close to the island, has 1-2 range and less penalty. Be mindful of the first draco knight in the map, he likes to go into places where you can't reach him with any unit.

Yeah this seems like the best way, except the enemies that start out in the west split between north and south. so I'd need Nolan AND Tormod to go deal with them, but then I also have to deal with reinforcements Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Yeah this seems like the best way, except the enemies that start out in the west split between north and south. so I'd need Nolan AND Tormod to go deal with them, but then I also have to deal with reinforcements Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Ah then i'd say is use nailah, a 4 turn is possible if you manage to get someone to kill that damn draco knight. 5 turns is definately manageable. Just make sure to force the draco knight into Sothe's range.

Edit: Actually since the reinforcements split, you could have leo (with micaiah for added power) go north then west and take on the units that went north while tormod takes on the southern units and reinforcements

Edited by SlayerX

3-P 8 turns

Titania got Adept. Titania was a boss, and killed the boss on enemy phase so Skrimir could seize. She also got quite a few levels this chapter, ending at level 16 or so. The AI was kind of cooperative I guess, but it never really got the chance to screw up since Titania was able to reach the boss faster than any of the laguz. Ike didn't do much, but he did pick up scraps and get a couple of kills.

3-1 9 turns

Ike got Adept this time. I promoted Titania with bonus exp, and sent her east, and then north, while Ike killed the sniper near the start, and weakened some enemies on enemy phase. Thanks to Titania being so powerful and doing pretty much everything, I was able to avoid all penalties and get this done fairly easily. The partner phasers were used to distract the reinforcements so they wouldn't attack my other units, and they both died valiantly around turn 5.

3-2 2 turns

I get Brom, who has the Tomohawk from killing Ludveck, and I also get Ilyana, who came over with an Energy Drop, a Robe, and Celerity, and Titania gets all three. Now Titania moved south as far as she could go on turn 1, and on turn 2, she moved to the tip of the bosses range. Thanks to all the resources she had, and max strength, she OHKOd the boss with the Tomahawk.

3-3 8 turns

Titania gets Heather's pass this chapter, while Brom gets Celerity, and Gatrie gets deployed to burn the southern supplies. Titania charges on ahead, not fearing death in the least, while Ike and Brom trudge behind, burning supplies after her. By turn 8, she reaches and burns the northernmost supplies, and the chapter is over, with me getting a Master Crown, a White Gem, and a Hammerne.

3-4 7 turns

I gave Kyza a couple of levels of bonus exp before the chapter started. Ike got Celerity and Provoke (I think). Kyza got Adept, and Brom got Paragon. On turn 1, Titania picks Ike up and passes by the Warriors. Kyza moves up near the warriors and transforms, Ranulf does the same, and Brom moves up as far as he can go. On enemy phase, Kyza weakened both Warriors, and next turn he and Brom finished them off, while Titania and Ranulf moved up. On turn 3, Titania dropped Ike off, and killed a mage up a ledge with a Hand Axe forge (she had ~70 hit, and only needed one hit), clearing the way for Ike and Ranulf to go up the mountain. Kyza followed Ike and Ranulf, and was very useful for picking off and weakening enemies, as well as baiting attacks away from Ranulf (though most enemies attacked Ike). On turn 5 enemy phase,iirc, Ike killed the boss with his Steel Sword forge, and then next turn critted the other general, but Ranulf couldn't arrive thanks to either a mage getting in the way or the wyvern reinforcements, I don't remember.Apparently I'm not allowed to get any luck, but I don't think the crit mattered...

3-5 2 turns

Titania got Celerity and moved south, killing everything that dared attack her with a hand axe forge. On turn 2, she killed the enemy in front of the boss, and cantod in front of him. Thanks to her 34 strength, she cleanly OHKOd him, ending it.

I feel pretty unispired to continue playing at this point, so I won't be updating this for a LONG time, if at all..

Edited by Xander

Part 1 Chapter 8:

MVP: Nolan

Took me forever to find the right strategy, but I did it. Sothe was given Celerity and a new knife forge, Nolan got Paragon, Micaiah got Resolve. I got Tormod to help, and he went west immediately to deal with the three southernmost bandits, then came back to pic off the southern reinforcements. Nolan went north and then west over to near where Nailah starts off, and he killed every enemy along the way and leveled up 2 or 3 times. Sothe went east to kill the wyvern knight, bandit, and the boss and his goons. He also got the Arm Scroll for me. Micaiah and Leonardo stayed near the center to deal with a Bandit and Soldier that start in the Northeast.

Turns: 7 + 3 (Tormod)

--------------------------

Part 1 Chapter 9:

MVP: Black Knight

Yep.

Turns so far: 70

edit: wtf, I've been looking at some other draft runs, and 7 turns for 1-8 isn't even good. I'm dying to know how people pull that off in less turns..

Edited by Yuglyoshi

Part 1 Chapter 9:

MVP: Black Knight

Yep.

Turns so far: 70

edit: wtf, I've been looking at some other draft runs, and 7 turns for 1-8 isn't even good. I'm dying to know how people pull that off in less turns..

Xander posted his 4 turn strategy in the FE10 hard mode draft run IIRC.

Xander posted his 4 turn strategy in the FE10 hard mode draft run IIRC.

Yeah, but he said 1-8, not 1-9, and he's severely undermanned for 1-8. If you wanted to do it sooner yugiyoshi, you should've drafted Vika and given her an energy drop, or bonus exp and adept to OHKO the wyvern knight and then go take care of the bandits (you could have done this anyway, but some people don't like spending resources on non draftees), while Nolan went south and then west, and Sothe with Celerity went east with max mt Iron forges and Celerity. Vika could then double back and take care of the bandits who turn and go in the swamp, while Leonardo and Micaiah teamed up on the bandits in the north. You might be able to get it done in 4 turns then, maybe. Depending on whether or not she activates adept.

As for 1-9 I don't think he wanted to give Micaiah those resources for whatever reason.

Edited by Xander

alright, im not going to post my turncount, i might recap a stage or something, but for the most part i'll just say when i used a penalty then add that to end of the game, to hard to do it the normal way.

1-P Ed

1-1 Nolan

1-2 Nolan

1-3 through 1-7: clean

BTW. i <3 laura.

Edited by Fenrir

1-E 7 turns

Sothe Saviord Micaiah who was dropped on turn 6. Then on turn 7' date=' Sothe killed Jarod while Muarim killed the thief who stole the speedwings, and Tormod blocked the southern ledge.

Oh yeah, and Ilyana carried Celerity, Energy Drop, and Seraph Robe in preparation for the GMs.[/quote']

Can you give me an idea of how I can get a good turncount for this? The only way for 7 turns to work is for Sothe to move his max movement every turn, and on turn 6 drop Micaiah right in the thick of a HUGE group of units (3 archers, at least 4 armour knights, meteor mage). I can't figure out how she'd survive that. Heck, even Sothe can't take many of those hits. :o

His Micaiah was blessed and was given statboosters. I also assume she had Resolve on, so it's quite easy having her survive with her massive Luck and the Sothe support.

I gave Sothe bonus exp to increase his stats, and had Muarim bait some of the archers into attacking him (they prioritized him since no 2 range). Do you have a spare robe? If so, give it to Sothe.