College majors

Caliban of Sycorax

I'm a major in Hispanic international studies with minors in computer science and religion at a liberal arts school. But ultimately I'm looking for a JD.

Edited by Héroe

I'm in an interdisciplinary program, so I technically don't have a major (it's an "Emphasis"), but mine is in Political Theory, Media Studies, and Science Fiction Studies. I read Science Fiction, especially Science Fiction in New Media, for its political narrative, and I also focus on how our culture in general builds political Ideology. Picasso says that Art is the lie that shows us the truth--well, Entertainment is the lie that creates the truth, as it were (as anyone who has ever read cracked.com has probably realized <_<).

Edited by Le Communard

I'm bioengineering, but I would've probably changed that if I had another chance. Probable Literature or Classics or Biology...

Programming is kinda fun though...

Edited by monkymeet

I'm double majoring in Computer Science and Mathematics. Only a couple of weeks left though until those majors are turned into degrees (only B.A.s though, since I'm at a liberal arts college).

The big issue here being that nobody is hiring or people that are hiring want a ridiculous amount of professional experience (anywhere from 3-10 years) from their candidates... *sigh*

I'm not in college yet, buuuuut~

I plan on majoring in Music Performance on Tuba, then maybe going into other majors such as Music Therapy and Music Theroy/Compositon, with a minor in Drama, Jazz Studies, and US History.

Although due to financial reasons, I'll probably just be stuck with MP and Drama.

Will major in Computer Science when I start college. May pursue a double major in mathematics. May minor in either art or game design or both.

Depends on if I manage enough money to pay for my top choice or I go for the more financially-viable-but-still-good backup.

I'm double majoring in Computer Science and Mathematics. Only a couple of weeks left though until those majors are turned into degrees (only B.A.s though, since I'm at a liberal arts college).

How did you survive that?! I had a Math minor for four months and hated it once I hit Calculus 2. That was when I switched to Classics.

Does it count that I got admitted into a college and will go there to major in geology/geophysics? Cause that's what I'm doing. I <3 mountains and plate tectonics =3

I've been admitted to three schools this fall with the intended major of biochemistry, though I may switch to a related field like molecular biology, microbiology, or genetics depending on what I think of it (there's so much overlap that I really can't tell what is what yet).

How did you survive that?! I had a Math minor for four months and hated it once I hit Calculus 2. That was when I switched to Classics.

I'm not quite sure. I suppose that it probably falls on the fact that I've always just had more of a disposition for mathematics and the sciences, even in grade school. And, I suppose that scoring well on the AP Calculus AB exam helped me decide that I should stick with it in college... (I had intended to major in CS regardless.)

I'm not quite sure. I suppose that it probably falls on the fact that I've always just had more of a disposition for mathematics and the sciences, even in grade school. And, I suppose that scoring well on the AP Calculus AB exam helped me decide that I should stick with it in college... (I had intended to major in CS regardless.)

Well, all the more power to you. I've always been good at math too, and I took AP Calc AB in high school and got a 3 on it, which was fairly disappointing because I was very good at math, but then I took college Calculus...and that's how I dropped it.

• 5 weeks later...

Liberal arts technically.

In truth, Psychology with a minor in archaeology ATM. It took me some time to figure out what it was I was interested in, and it turned out to be psychology and while I liked archaeology as well, I'm not as versed in.