College majors

Caliban of Sycorax

Damn. I guess I can't post in here since I'm not in callege anymore. D:D:

You just posted so you might as well let us know your specs.

I'm an econ major, english minor. I like finance, specifically mergers and acquisitions, more specifically leveraged buyouts, and my favorite economists are Ricardo, Keynes and Sraffa (sense a theme there?).

I'm still relatively noobish at university, however, I seem to have my mind set on at least a History major or an Anthropology major.

Ewww... Keynesian economics?

I can't remember if I posted here before.

BA in Physics with minors in Philosophy and Math.

Oh, MS in Physics too, picked that up along the way.

Edited by Balcerzak

Interestingly enough, a lot of people who go to med school are liberal arts majors because they're the ones with the time to take all the premed classes. =D

^ Same

Although I'm afraid I'll have to either do a double major or risk being unemployed for the rest of my life (and seeing as how the university that I want to apply to only offers Astrophysics as a specialization and not a major, the latter seems far more likely).

....................... Hmm.....

I've been thinking more volcanology now (though that might be hard for me because I'd have to move to a different state but all my family is either in Indiana or Canada (and over half the family in Canada is drunk most of the time so while they have volcanoes, I'd prefer not to move there, no offense to my mom)) and because of this I overlooked the notes from my earth space science that I saved and saw that we hadn't had time to cover all the points in volcano, but my teacher saves powerpoints/notes on his wiki so I'm on there right now to finish all the information...... xD That's how much I love it.

The trick is to not live with your family you see. I assume you want to study along the rocky mountains region. Since there aren't too many people living in that area, I doubt you have to worry about seeing your family.

I, sadly, cannot afford to go to my top choice school so I'm stuck in the area for 4 years and apply there again for Grad School.

Computer Science/Applied Maths major is a definite. If I can't get a job with a Masters in 6 years time in both CompSci and Math, then gonna get a Ph. D. or something in math. I dunno.

How the hell I'm fitting that into my schedule with an additional art minor, I will never know. >_____<

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I honestly am not quite sure what major I am going to be taking. Previously I was moving towards Civil Engineering, and while I had a lot of math classes down, decided it probably wasn't for me. The most fun I've had has been with Japanese, so I was thinking about taking a double major in that and Business. But that might take way too long, so I'm honestly not sure. I just know I want something to do with the Japanese language, perhaps something that pays well.

The trick is to not live with your family you see. I assume you want to study along the rocky mountains region. Since there aren't too many people living in that area, I doubt you have to worry about seeing your family.

Wait... But I wanna see my family DDD=

The thought of living on my own and stuff sounds exciting. But I'm not really good on my own. I could make myself learn though...

But another reason is that if anyone gets hurt or dies or something, I'd be too far away.

And I wanna be with my cute doggy during his whole life.

Eh. It's better to get away from home IMO, getting to meet new people and (hopefully) make connections.

This. I live four hours from home which is enough for me, I have only been home three times this whole year (two were required). After I graduate I'm going to move to Chicago and begin acting, hopefully.

My college is about 400 miles away from where I live, but it's still only about an hour or so away by plane. Helps that my school is just 10 minutes from the nearest airport xp

Still, I'm gonna get my hands full if I want to go to medical school x.x

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping, only because my story is half-interesting.

As a freshman, I started out as a Spanish major; I liked (and still do!) the language, and had taken it all during high school. After my first semester, however, I realized that I would need to take classes like "Spanish Composition" and "Spanish History in *insert area here*". I wanted to learn the language, but so much the history.

So, I switched to Political Science, thinking I would have some kind of edge since my father was involved/participated in state politics. But by that point, my NROTC unit told me I would have a better chance of getting an NROTC scholarship by switching to International Studies, with a concentration/minor in the Arabic language. An NROTC scholarship pays for all your tuition in college, plus other benefits (Stipend, Military I.D., etc), so my choice was obvious. Lo and behold, I actually was one of twenty-four students in the nation to get this certain type of scholarship, so my major is pretty much set in stone. As an added bonus, Florida-native students get the chance to have their tuition fully paid for ("Bright Futures" program), something I qualified for- now that money goes directly into my pocket.

So, tl;dr, I changed majors from Spanish->Poly Sci->International Studies/Arabic.