Which do you prefer, Ray or Sophia?

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

Oh I am? ^^' I meant they were similar with the A rank in tomes and staves and both being useful. For some reason I thought theyd be part of a group since theyre all prepromote magic units who are useful.

Him, Her, Saleh, and I think PoR and RD have a useful prepromote magic user (I think PoR's is Callil and RD's is Tormod.)

Oh you forgot to add Tormod to that list :3

Uh, you'd think it would be Bastian or Oliver or Sanaki, not Tormod, who isn't really a prepromote since he's 2nd tier. Nor is he useful when he shows up later.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayrakuche's sheer offensive power makes up for it IMO. That and I'm too lazy to take off Leg ring off of Ayra when she kills that bandit guy up in C3 so feck yeah 9 move.//shot for obvious myrm favoritism

I'm gonna have to say Niime as well.

Outta the two options, I'd say Ray's more useful but eh. Don't really like either.

And Pegs shouldn't get the body ring, IMO. Their speed growth makes up for it and their rescue will be too low after that to rescue the higher con units like promoted Dieck. Stupid IS for setting female mount rescue at 20-con . It doesn't even make sense.

Just don't give them Steel and they'll be fine.

I usually give mine to Echidna.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

And Pegs shouldn't get the body ring, IMO. Their speed growth makes up for it and their rescue will be too low after that to rescue the higher con units like promoted Dieck. Stupid IS for setting female mount rescue at 20-con . It doesn't even make sense.

Just don't give them Steel and they'll be fine.

I suppose you're aiming that at me. Personally, I have a hard time thinking of other viable candidates for a Body Ring, as far as GBA FEs are concerned.

Pent can take the body ring and lose no AS (or was it 1) from Elfire. Echidna can take it and make axes not weigh her down so much, and she has a nice axe rank too boot. Pegasi are THAT high up on tier lists because of their flight+rescue utility, which many other units lack. Miledy, goddess as she is, has 10 rescue once promoted. While that's useful for getting, say, Rutger up front (and still not giving a crap about enemies bar ballistae and mages), She wouldn't be able to ferry Gonzo or Dieck across terrain. That's when the pegs' come in. FE8 is easy enough with or without it. I just let Seth or Duessel take the boots and run with it, really.

Hell, Raven or Harken can take it in FE7 too 9 or 11 still loses shit from most axes and whatnot.

Pent can take the body ring and lose no AS (or was it 1) from Elfire. Echidna can take it and make axes not weigh her down so much, and she has a nice axe rank too boot. Pegasi are THAT high up on tier lists because of their flight+rescue utility, which many other units lack. Miledy, goddess as she is, has 10 rescue once promoted. While that's useful for getting, say, Rutger up front (and still not giving a crap about enemies bar ballistae and mages), She wouldn't be able to ferry Gonzo or Dieck across terrain. That's when the pegs' come in. FE8 is easy enough with or without it. I just let Seth or Duessel take the boots and run with it, really.

Hell, Raven or Harken can take it in FE7 too 9 or 11 still loses shit from most axes and whatnot.

I understand your point - to give a body ring to a pegasus is sort of a double-edged sword. Though I seem to not care since I don't even use many high Con units.

Pegasi don't lose that much from Iron/Killer/Silver anyway, and loses nothing from slim. Just Steel is their problem. Pallies and Wyverns can use Steel well enough when necessary.

Honestly, they're the last units that need the Body Ring. Feck, give it to Miledy and she'll lose less from steel and still rescue Rutger.

I suppose you're aiming that at me. Personally, I have a hard time thinking of other viable candidates for a Body Ring, as far as GBA FEs are concerned.

Mediocre-con fast axemen (primarily Echidna), mages (primarily Niime...), LunAthos (well, you said 'GBA')...you know, units whose usefulness actually INcreases with the thing.

Oh crap. I forgot about Isa. But yeah. She does great with it.

And Hector needs ferrying too to seize crap efficiently. Or boots. Or both. And the only units who can carry promoted Hector after promotion are Florina and Eliwood.

Miledy is a good example, though it does have a double-edged sword impact on her since she will lose -2 Aid. In return, though, she isn't weighed down by Javelins, which is boss in Sacae.

What? Ray is better? I haven't checked out their growths or caps, but I'm using both of them in my playthrough and Sophia has much better stats in pretty much everything.

So I prefer Sophia unless Ray shows me how much more capable he is.