[FE10] Radiant Dawn Transfers Draft

Xander

Thoughts on turnout: Part 1 with Micaiah, Sothe, Laura, and Volug, with Leanne for part 2.

Penalties. everywhere.

part 4 teams so i don't forget

DB: Mic, Sothe, Naesala, Leanne, Laura

Gmercs: Ike, Mia, Volug

tibarn: Tibarn (fuck it taking a penalty), Volke, Janaff

4E lol: giffca

Edited by Reinfleche

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elincia is forced for 4-5 isn't she? You can't use the recruiter to do anything but recruit without penalty. I guess she'd only be a 2 turn penalty if you used her for recruiting and attacking, since otherwise it would be a double standard.

Or the 5 turn penalty for her can override the 2 turn penalty for recruiters. It doesn't matter to me, though. I didn't draft her.

Okay, Elincia will be a 5 turn penalty in 4-5, I suppose.

The funny thing about the rule for recruiting in this game is that there is just one situation where you have to manually deploy a unit to recruit another, and that's Rafiel for Oliver. Seriously:

Aran - Laura is forced and alive.

Tormod and co. - Sothe is forced, and they'll join at the end anyway.

Haar - Marcia is forced.

Heather - Both Nephenee and Brom are forced.

Hawks - Ike is forced, and they join at the end automatically.

Stefan - Micaiah is forced.

Volke - Though Bastian isn't forced, Elincia is.

Everyone else is automatic.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

But Laura can't die for 1-2 and 1-3.

Awesome. Laura is truly forced, then.

EDIT: I should have determined that considering you can't clear 1-2 without her in the first place.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Chapter 1-P

Turns: 7(3)

Total: 10

Resetted twice to get my perfect 6-turn strategy going on. Sadly without Leonardo Edward needs to wait another enemy phase to weaken the boss (unless he crits twice (Which he didn't)). So I got a 7th turn in which Micaiah eats the cake.

Micaiah level 3.

Chapter 1-1

Turns: 7(6)

Total: 23

Resetted trice because Edward likes to crit axers so a second one can hit him in the face. Micaiah took a 14 damage spearstab in the face later on when I decided that 71% to take 14 damage was better then 81% to take 11 damage. More chance to dodge it and when the hit comes she'll be a 1-shot from anything anyways. Again I could've ended in 6 turns but I wanted Micaiah to eat the cake and prepare for 1-4 so I took a 7th turn again.

Micaiah level 5.

Chapter 1-2

Turns: 7(6)

Total: 36

Resetted like 5-6 times. Nolan has to hit 4 times in a row with 54-76% hit rates and the two soldiers in the bottom right must spawn with 10 str (not 11). Edward and Micaiah take the soldiers on while Nolan jumps up the ledge and takes on the 2 axe dudes. Sothe arrives just in time to use his Bronze Knife on the 3th Axe dude coming from the left (after I checked he could indeed ORKO the soldiers. Sothe owns everything on his way to the top right chest with Laura following in safe distance while Nolan and Micaiah drop down at the bottom left chests. Got all chests but the boss and steel bow archer survived.

Edward level 5.

Nolan level 10.

Chapter 1-3

Turns: 7(3)

Total: 46

There is no reason to go through the door at the right side but the fighter that is blocking it is annoying. Nolan with hand axe blocked that guy (he can't double him with the steel axe) while Sothe after recieving Micaiah's Vulnerary (the one she took from Edward in chapter 1-p) owns the fighters to the left. Laura finds a safe spot to stand in the top left.

From second turn onwards Sothe faces enemies who cannot be onerounded by a bronze knife so he gets to use his Kard. Laura recruits Aran. Sothe bashes through the armors and the boss with grace and herptyderp. Nolan catches up and gets to shove Micaiah's ass so she can escape at turn 7.

Micaiah level 6.

Sothe level 2.

Chapter 1-4

Turns: 9

Total: 55

Meg is never expected to cap Str and Def anyways so she can have both boosters and 99 exp from BEXP to get her a good start. Also gave her the Wind edge. Brought the Beast Slayer knife for Sothe.

Resetted 3 times till Meg got a good level-up on he first hit. Sothe circled the entire map counter clockwise and grabbed both bosses and most of the mobs. Meg and Micaiah went to the bottom left and together defeated 1 cat and 2 tigers. (Meg got a fail level-up form that too (bleh))

ON the last turn Sothe found the Beastfoe, Micaiah unnessecairy used sacrifice on Meg and Meg killed the last Tiger with Edwards old Iron Sword.

Sothe level 3.

Meg level 5.

Chapter 1-5

Turns: 6

Total: 61

Volug is free? I'll take it. Gave Meg the Seraph robe and BEXPed her to 99 again since she needs all the help she can get. Forged an Iron Knife for Sothe and a +5 Mt/Hit/Crit Iron Sword for Meg.

Sothe rushes north and owns everything. Meg, Micaiah and Volug go south and take out the Soldier, Fighter, 2 mages and later the 2 myrmiadon reinforcements.

On the last turn I calculated the damage the enemy could do if they all hit Sothe to be 13. With 27 health remaining I just moved in and watched him gloriously kill everything in cold blood. (is this feeling love? (Nah that's only when Vika does it.))

Micaiah level 7

Sothe level 4.

Meg Level 6.

EDIT: I was writing this and I had to check the levels so I reverted Sothe's mvoe order and after writing moved him 1 space off. this has cost me a total of 4 exp. A good thing that archer didn't hit Jill : /

Chapter 1-6-1

Turns: 7(4)

Total: 72

Meg is starting to become better. She can't handle steel weapons on fighters and knights yet but she can tank those peggasi like a pro. Sothe runs to the left and Volug goes to clear the top right. Micaiah and Meg team up on a few straglers in the middle. When the paggasi on the right side appear I position meg so that she is in range of both groups with her Wind Sword and I place Micaiah so she cannot be hit by any of them.

Meg continues to take care of the paggasi reinforcements with a little help of Volug and Micaiah. Sothe owns the top left corner.extra peggi reinforcements demand a 7th turn.

Sothe level 5.

Meg level 10.

Chapter 1-6-2

Turns: 4(4)

Total: 80

Volug likes to get hit by everything that can hit him. Seriously massive 70-80% hit chances and they all hit. He's drinking vulneraries while Sothe rampages over the west bridge to the boss. Meg and Micaiah clear up the ballistea area (Micaiah can only barely survive a single hit from the thing.)

Micaiah level 8.

Sothe level 6.

Edited by Silith

I kind of just noticed this draft is for HM and that kind of brings me into a screeching halt seeing that was the basis behind... a lot of my picks. So, yeaaahh. I'll probably play this on NM and still lose :P:

Edited by Reinfleche

Alot of your picks are the ones I had in my first HM draft. The one I made.

You'll do fine. Volug is easily the best unit for Part 1 HM. Well, maybe just about tieing with Sothe. But that means he's beast.

Mia is great with transfers. Get her Str/Spd, at least. Get Janaff Str. He might need it on some enemies he's borderline 1RKO, before he reaches S-rank strike. Get Giffca, Volke and Ranulf transfers as well. Volke might really want that Spd to double Endgame Auras.

Alot of your picks are the ones I had in my first HM draft. The one I made.

You'll do fine. Volug is easily the best unit for Part 1 HM. Well, maybe just about tieing with Sothe. But that means he's beast.

Mia is great with transfers. Get her Str/Spd, at least. Get Janaff Str. He might need it on some enemies he's borderline 1RKO, before he reaches S-rank strike. Get Giffca, Volke and Ranulf transfers as well. Volke might really want that Spd to double Endgame Auras.

IIRC he mentioned he didn't have a way to transfer.

Even so he should still play in HM imo.

IIRC he mentioned he didn't have a way to transfer.

Even so he should still play in HM imo.

I think he does, he just didn't realize it was only Easy files he couldn't transfer.

Also, this problem came up in the chatroom, so I'll bring it here. The rule that says you can't deploy undrafted units at all: does this mean you can't deploy them under any circumstances? Because I was under the impression you could still deploy them but you would take a penalty, like in other drafts. Especially for a game like Radiant Dawn, I think disallowing the deployment altogether is a bit overboard.

I think he does, he just didn't realize it was only Easy files he couldn't transfer.

Also, this problem came up in the chatroom, so I'll bring it here. The rule that says you can't deploy undrafted units at all: does this mean you can't deploy them under any circumstances? Because I was under the impression you could still deploy them but you would take a penalty, like in other drafts. Especially for a game like Radiant Dawn, I think disallowing the deployment altogether is a bit overboard.

Especially hard mode, rules should be a little more loose no?

You can't deploy non forced undrafted units except to recruit. That's always been the rule in an RD draft, and it's really not that big a deal, considering you should have made your picks based around this knowledge.

Please do not alter the rules. I've already started : /

Would something like this really affect you at all?

You can't deploy non forced undrafted units except to recruit. That's always been the rule in an RD draft, and it's really not that big a deal, considering you should have made your picks based around this knowledge.

But then why has there ever been a standard 3/4 turn penalty for undrafted units? What's the point of that when you already have specific forced unit penalties? And as I pointed out, the only unit that needs to be manually deployed for a recruitment is Rafiel, so you can't say it was for just them, either.

I really don't even see how this could seriously change anyone's picks. You still take a significant turn penalty, so it's not like it'll really help you in the end. Even Haar isn't going to be saving you 5 turns per map unless you purposely drafted terribly, which no one did this time around.

If I could just use any undrafted units for say a 2 turn panalty (which is set for recruiters doing more the recruiting right now) I would just take the 2 turns and then beat stuff much faster. (Especially Haar would help.)

Would something like this really affect you at all?

But then why has there ever been a standard 3/4 turn penalty for undrafted units? What's the point of that when you already have specific forced unit penalties? And as I pointed out, the only unit that needs to be manually deployed for a recruitment is Rafiel, so you can't say it was for just them, either.

I really don't even see how this could seriously change anyone's picks. You still take a significant turn penalty, so it's not like it'll really help you in the end. Even Haar isn't going to be saving you 5 turns per map unless you purposely drafted terribly, which no one did this time around.

The standard penalty for undrafted units has never been done in RD. Not only that, but as you said, I don't think anyone should even need to deploy undrafted units to finish. That rule's been around in every RD draft, so I'd like to hear the opinions people who have experience with RD drafts, and what they think. I really don't see how the rule is hurting anyone, as in the last HM draft I solod part 1 with Sothe and Micaiah and did fairly well iirc. So, Soul, what do you think?

Edit: Not only that, but we actually have transfers this time, making it even easier. What exactly would be the use of changing the rule?

Edited by Xander

I would like to add that undrafteds as it stands cannot ferry either. (No Jill and Haar drops) if you change this I will restart too.

Is Muling allowed btw? (having a forced non-drafted character carry weapons to trade to the drafteds)? It wasn't mentioned in the list

List: (NO ferrying, shoving, visiting houses, getting items off the ground, meatshielding.)

I would like to add that undrafteds as it stands cannot ferry either. (No Jill and Haar drops) if you change this I will restart too.

Is Muling allowed btw? (having a forced non-drafted character carry weapons to trade to the drafteds)? It wasn't mentioned in the list

List: (NO ferrying, shoving, visiting houses, getting items off the ground, meatshielding.)

Yes, they can trade with drafted units

Xander, what is the deadline, because I just noticed I have a big problem. i've never beaten the game on normal mode.blink.gif I started with easy mode, and all my subsequent playthroughs have been on easy. I could probably put my PoR transfer run to the side to complete RD on normal in time, but depending on deadline, I might be able to complete both. RD would be more important, since PoR is just for transfers.

Try to start before May 20, as then it will have been over a month since we started. You can message me if that's a problem.

Edited by Xander

Is that going to hold up everyone else if I had to push it that far? i'm doing RD first, then if I have time, i'll do PoR. both with animations off for faster gameplay,

Why would you play RD first if you want transfers for it?

The standard penalty for undrafted units has never been done in RD. Not only that, but as you said, I don't think anyone should even need to deploy undrafted units to finish. That rule's been around in every RD draft, so I'd like to hear the opinions people who have experience with RD drafts, and what they think. I really don't see how the rule is hurting anyone, as in the last HM draft I solod part 1 with Sothe and Micaiah and did fairly well iirc. So, Soul, what do you think?

Edit: Not only that, but we actually have transfers this time, making it even easier. What exactly would be the use of changing the rule?

I guess I was misreading it before. But why is it like that for just FE10? FE10 is arguably the game where you're most likely to need it, particularly in Hard mode, and yet no other drafts disallow the deployment of random characters completely as far as I know. It doesn't make sense to me. And whether or not someone needs it depends on the team and the competence of the player. Say someone is in 3-3 with only Ike drafted. Yes, that is terrible drafting, but it can happen, and it could render the game unwinnable. Even aside from that, what if someone just wants to take a penalty to make it easier to clear the map? If you have a solid 4 turn penalty, I doubt any unit could make that up over the course of a single map.

Well, this came up because Rein was worried about part 2 where he only has Leanne drafted. I mentioned that Haar would make things easier in 2-E and we went from there.

If I could just use any undrafted units for say a 2 turn panalty (which is set for recruiters doing more the recruiting right now) I would just take the 2 turns and then beat stuff much faster. (Especially Haar would help.)

I already suggested 3 or 4. I am not talking about recruiter units, and that only applies to Rafiel and Bastian anyway. And even that's really too low.

Why would this be changed in the first place?