(Pokemon) Fire Red/Leaf Green Draft Redux

13th

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I started since I want to use TV to watch the Brewers game rather than play video games.

Named myself nfl. Picked Charmander as my starter. I'm uncreative so I'm just going to use gemstones for names, such as Garnet for Charmander. Garnet has a quirky nature. Beat down on RIVAL, because the level 5 starter battles are easy. I stroll through Viridian Forest; Ember just beating everything down, seeing how everything is weak to it. Then run back through Viridian Forest to beat down on RIVAL again and head back to take on Brock.

The team going into the fight against Brock:

Garnet	Charmander	Quirky				
Level	HP	ATK	DEF	SATK	SDEF	SPD
15	38	22	18	23	24	26

Scratch		Growl		
	Ember		Metal Claw		

Yeah, this was fun. Geodude isn't much of a problem; 2 metal claws and it's down. Garnet only took 6 damage, which was helpful. Onix gets growled at once, reducing the damage from rock tomb to 17. Garnet is slower than Onix after the speed reduction though. I use a potion and another rock tomb leaves Garnet at 18 HP. For some reason Brock decides this is the time to use bind (bind!) and follow with tackle. I laugh and growl twice more, so tackle is down to 2 damage a hit. Garnet is at 10 HP, so I use another potion. 4 metal claws later and Onix is down.

This gets Garnet to evolution. And I decided to stop and write this up with that. So the team right now (all one pokemon of it):

Garnet	Charmeleon	Quirky				
16	46	27	24	30	30	33

Scratch		Growl		
	Ember		Metal Claw		

Current play time is 0:40, if anyone cares.

Caught a Jigglypuff quick enough on route 3 and named it Pearl. Got it to level 9 and pound, at which point it wasn't that bad when it didn't take critical hits. Can beat Zubats easy enough and can pick up cheap EXP by switching out on Geodudes. Eventually had to stop using Pearl and let Garnet finish to get us to Cerulean. Taught Pearl Mega Punch, too.

Team:

Garnet	Charmeleon	Quirky				
23	62	38	34	42	41	46

Scratch		Smokescreen		
	Ember		Metal Claw		

Pearl	Jigglypuff	Naughty				
15	59	22	13	18	11	12

Sing		Defense Curl		
	Pound		Mega Punch		

Playtime is 1:49, now.

Edited by nflchamp

I actually started this up the day after I found out my first two picks, since I knew that my only Pokemon for a while besides my starter would be Clefairy.

I named myself Bugs 'cause I've been on a Looney Tunes kick lately. I mercilessly beat down Daffy's Squirtle with my Rash Charmander, Yosemite, and l can't help but laugh at how simple it was. I took a stroll through Viridian Forest while leisurely massacring everything in sight with Ember, but when I got to the end gate I realized that I had not fought Daffy in Viridian, so I ran back out and did that instead. I got through to Pewter City in no time flat and punted the kid who keeps thinking that light-years measured time. I didn't have any problem with Brock's Geodude, but his Onix was an ass, getting more critical Rock Tombs than he should have. So to remedy this I leveled up Yosemite to get a much stronger Charmeleon and handled the Onix with no problem.

Tried to avoid as many trainers as I could on my way to Mt. Moon so then I could use those for my soon to be acquired Clefairy. I snuck around Mt. Moon and went down to the floors to have a better chance to find one, but I ended up spending much to much time trying to get one with the nature I wanted. Finally caught a female with a Modest Nature and named it Sniffles. Spent the next hour or so leveling up Sniffles (who was at level 10) to level 18 (the level Yosemite was at the time) with the left over trainers and these really weird guys in the most ridiculous looking jumpsuits. I also picked up the Dome Fossil while I was in there, 'cause I thought it looked cooler than that spiral-y one.

Went in to Cerulean and tried to challenge the gym. I cleared the first two trainers, but Misty was giving me a really hard time even though Yosemite and Sniffles were at the same level as her stupid Starmie. So I left and instead beat up Daffy and his newly acquired Rattata and Abra and began my trip to Bill's Cottage. Right now I just cleared Nugget Bridge and I'm getting ready to tackle the other set of "marathon" trainers.

Current team:

Yosemite    Charmeleon    Rash   			
23    	64  	34 	39  	46  	36   	46  

Scratch		Growl		
	Ember		Metal Claw		

So far, nothing has been able to stand up against Yosemite, except for Misty's ass of a Starmie, that is.

Sniffles    Clefairy    Modest   			
23 	72 	26 	33   	42  	36   	28

Pound    	Minimize    	
	Encore    	Sing    	

Sniffles has been my most excellent little troll with her Cute Charm ability. Unfortunately, she only has that Pound attack to do any damage, but luckily it hasn't hindered her too much. And I'm not quite sure when I should evolve her, 'cause even though I know she gets some pretty awesome moves as is, but she'll be pretty weak compared to the other members of my team. Any suggestions?

Oh, and playtime is 3:50 because of all the EPIC GRINDING.

Started this a while ago.

Named self Harz, rival Hausen. Charmander starter named Beats. Beat up Hausen's Squirtle, headed up to Vermillion City, forgot what I was supposed to do so I ended up wandering for a while trying to remember how to get running shoes, got Oak's package and delivered it.

Went back to Viridian City and north into the forest, catching a Ratatta(HMSLAVE 01) along the way), wandered around a bit getting lost which was fine because Beats could one shot everything with ember, remembered I could fight Hausen on Route 22 so went back and beat him again. Went back to Viridian Forest, finished beating trainers and getting lost and exited with Beats at level 15.

Healed up in Pewter City, bought a couple of extra potions for the Gym and went inside.

Pewter Gym.

I hate that fucking Sandshrew. Beats leveled up to 16 and evolved after beating the camper, Brock was cake.

Went east to route 3 and got the running shoes(finally).

Play time: 01:12

[spoiler=Team]Beats

Charmeleon(Timid)

Blaze

Lv 17

HP 48

Attack 23

Defence 30

Sp. Atk 33

Sp. Def 31

Speed 40

Scratch Growl Ember Metal Claw

Route 3 is full of masochists lining up their pokemon to be one or two shotted by Beats, glorious glorious free exp. Caught a Spearow and stored it, recovered PP at the Pokemon Centre and entered Mt. Moon.

Caught a Zubat in Mt. Moon, named her Allegra and started feeding her some exp, notably I put her in the lead so she could gain happiness quicker. Ran into a Clefairy, which would have been nice but someone else drafted it first. Made my way through the cave, grabbed the Helix fossil, exited and ran straight to Cerulean City and healed up.

Cerulean Gym.

Beat the two trainers with Allegra, but she was too weak to solo Misty and as for Beats... yeah.

---

Left the gym, went up and beat the shit out of Hausen then the 6 trainers along the bridge, Allegra evolved into Golbat and learned Wing Attack(finally an attack with STAB!)

---

Went back to the gym, Allegra one-shotted Staryu with Wing Attack, and managed to wing attack Starmie to death with 1 hp left. Good job Allegra.

[spoiler=Team]Beats

Charmeleon(Timid)

Blaze

Lv 24

HP 65

Attack 32

Defence 42

Sp. Atk 45

Sp. Def 42

Speed 57

Scratch, Smokescreen, Ember, Metal Claw

Allegra

Golbat(Rash)

Inner Focus

Lv 23

HP 70

Attack 46

Defence 39

Sp. Atk 45

Sp. Def 38

Spd 52

Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite, Wing Attack

Left, healed and battled my way over to Bill's house to get the S.S. Ticket. Not particularly difficult.

Edited by Haze

Yay, started!

Named myself eclipse (DUN DUN DUN) and my rival oratio (this is a joke from EM). Chose Squirtle, beat up Bulbasaur, ran through Viridian Forest, took 15 minutes to get Pikachu and another 20 to beat up all the trainers I skipped. After that, beat up Brock so quickly it wasn't funny. Not much to say so far.

Team:

Diver (Squirtle): 14

Aegis (Pikachu): 10

I'm going to try to make my run mildly interesting so I will have various screenshots throughout the game.

NOTE: I've only ever played pokemon red before.

[spoiler=Start to First Rival Battle]pokemonleafgreen01.png

Today's 10 year old's don't know how to push the A button.

pokemonleafgreen02.png

PROFESSOR MOTHERFOCKING OAK!

pokemonleafgreen03.png

Some people name their rival Gary, some name their rival Fagballs. I name mine Lewis. Always.

pokemonleafgreen04.png

This kid knows where it's at.

pokemonleafgreen05.png

I'm sure if I gave Rattata a good kick it would leave me alone.

pokemonleafgreen06.png

Bulbasaur has his trollface on.

pokemonleafgreen07i.png

I've decided to name my Pokemon after Fire Emblem characters. I'm sure you see the resembelance.

pokemonleafgreen08.png

You've got to be fucking kidding me. This happens every time. Charmander has 1 HP left. I had 7.

pokemonleafgreen10m.png

I hope you don't suck as much as Lowen.

pokemonleafgreen09.png

WTF? More help menus? How do I get rid of this?

pokemonleafgreen11.png

Mankey is pretty cool. He doesn't fail earlygame like Bulbasaur.

pokemonleafgreen12.png

God dammit, you again?

pokemonleafgreen13.png

Does Charmander have a fucking Killing Edge eqipped?

pokemonleafgreen14s.png

Easy for you to say.

POKEMON     NATURE     LVL  HP   ATK   DEF  SP.ATK  SP.DEF SPEED
Lowen       Brave      10   32    16    17    18      18     14
Fiora       Lonely     08   26    15    11    12      11     16
Mankey      Naughty    08   25    22    11    11      10     16

Made it to Brock, and i'll call it a night.

Viridian Forest was pretty boring, Fiora 0HKO'd everything with Gust.

[spoiler=First Rival Battle to Brock]pokemonleafgreen15.png

:facepalm:

pokemonleafgreen16.png

I see a lot of flowers and trees, actually.

pokemonleafgreen17.png

YEAH!

pokemonleafgreen18.png

YEAH!

pokemonleafgreen19.png

pokemonleafgreen19.png

If you say no to his offer, this is what he says. He must be really desparate.

pokemonleafgreen21.png

Oh shit, he looks pretty manly. He must be tough.

pokemonleafgreen22.png

pokemonleafgreen23.png

:facepalm:

2 attacks, and Brock falls. Wow.

POKEMON     NATURE     LVL  HP   ATK   DEF  SP.ATK  SP.DEF SPEED
Lowen       Brave      13   38    19    20    22      22     18
Fiora       Lonely     12   34    20    15    15      14     22
Mankey      Naughty    11   31    27    14    14      13     21

So far, Bulbasaur's offence was balls until vine whip, Pidgey 0HKO'd everything in the forest with gust, and Mankey 0HKO's everything that doesn't resist it with Low Kick. All are pretty OP right now.

Edited by General_Horace

So, since my first pokemon isn't available until Rock Tunnel, I had my Rash Squirtle solo up 'til that point (skipping a good deal of trainers) and then catching a Level 16 Naive Machop. I'll probably go back and have him kill some dudes since I can.

POKEMON   NATURE LV HP AT DF SA SD SP ABILITY MOVES
Wartortle Rash   32 83 53 61 55 59 55 Torrent Water Gun, Bite, Rapid Spin, Withdraw
Machop    Naive  16 50 34 22 21 17 19 Guts    Low Kick, Karate Chop, Leer, Focus Energy

Since Squirtle isn't actually 1 of my 6 I don't care about his performance (it involved guns)

Rock Tunnel: Machop slaps rock types around because he's a goddamn machop.

At some point between here and Celadon Gym, Machop evolves.

I have two pokemons to get from the game corner so after getting to Lavender, I rush over there and GAMBLEGAMBLEGAMBLESPENDALLMYCASHONCOINS for a Hardy Pinsir and a Hardy Porygon (... seriously).

Celadon Gym: I clear out the gym after much frustration (I was literally swept by a Weepinbell Stun Spore parahaxing me at one point) and leave Erika for later. Porygon is pretty sick (yeah I'll take starting with Psybeam and Recover at level 20) and I'm not sure why he went so late, and head over to the Rocket Game Corner.

Rocket Game Corner: Pinsir 2 shots like everything here despite being level 18 because he is absurd, so him and Porygon play catch up. Machoke sweeps Giovanni like a boss.

I head back to Lavender fighting the dudes I skipped before for some EXP.

Lavender Tower: Porygon sweeps my rival like a boss. I catch myself a Rash Gastly and it sweeps the tower with Pinsir owning the top floor of rockets.

Head back to Celadon and Gastly+Porygon sweep that shit, Gastly evolves to Haunter.

POKEMON   NATURE LV HP AT DF SA SD SP ABILITY      MOVES
Haunter   Rash   25 60 34 28 70 34 58 Levitate     Lick, Shadow Punch, Confuse Ray, Night Shade
Pinsir    Hardy  27 73 77 60 40 49 55 Hyper Cutter Vicegrip, Seismic Toss, Revenge, Focus Energy
Porygon   Hardy  29 77 45 46 61 55 32 Trace        Psybeam, Recover, Agility, Shockwave
Machoke   Naive  31 96 74 53 45 44 42 Guts         Karate Chop, Seismic Toss, Rock Tomb, Secret Power
Wartortle Rash   34 88 57 64 58 62 59 Torrent      Water Pulse, Bite, Rapid Spin, Withdraw

4 gyms down, 4 to go. Also I want to evolve my Haunter and Machoke :|

Next~!

Ran past as many trainers as I could en route to Mt. Moon, which wasn't that many. Once I got into Mt. Moon, I realized that Paras were on the ground floor. Hooray! Found a female one, and named her Fate. After that, I went back outside, and had Fate level on who she could (which wasn't that much, since she sucks against Spearow). Ran around IN Mt. Moon, and made every Zubat hate Pikachu. Somewhere in here, Squirtle learned Bite and became Wartortle. Meanwhile, Paras tanked out the one person stupid enough to use a Grass Pokemon in there. Got the Dome Fossil for lulz.

Once outside, I healed up, then went hunting for my Sandshrew. It took me a while before I found a female one, and I was so excited that I forgot to nickname her (Vermillion, do not ask). After that, I stormed Nugget Bridge, and got me Nugget. Sandshrew went against everything physical, Paras took dibs on the Grassies, Pikachu hit the fliers, and Wartortle took out the rocks. Redid Bill, and got my ticket to paradise~!

Misty's gym was hilariously easy. Her two underlings were no match for Pikachu. Staryu ate Thundershock. I used Stun Spore to paralyze Starmie, then had Wartortle paraflinch it. Pikachu was my backup, in the event that Wartortle was unlucky.

Team so far:

Diver (Wartortle): 21

Aegis (Pikachu): 19

Fate (Paras): 17

Vermillion (Sandshrew): 15

I was away for a bit without internet, but I'm back now.

I'll take Tentacool.

So we've drafted 6 Pokemon, but we will have 7 Pokemon available to use. I guess it's up to us who we can drop. Probably Tentacool, since I'll have Gyarados.

'Ere I go.

Player details:
Name: Raven
Sex: Male
IDNo.: 44315

Named my rival Gary. Started with a male Charmander. Named him Blaze.

Battled everything that appeared, including all trainers, Gary, and the Camper in Brock's Gym.

About to face Brock, these are Blaze's stats:

Pokemon    Lv. Nickname Ability Nature HP AT DE SA SD SP Moveset
CHARMANDER  15    Blaze   BLAZE   CALM 39 20 19 23 26 25 EMBER, METAL CLAW, SCRATCH, GROWL

Well I beat Brock with relative ease. Geodude went down with about 4 or 5 Metal Claws. Onix used Rock Tomb about 5 times before he hit me, lol. Growled it 3 times to lower its attack by a bit, then proceeded to Metal Claw it. Funny that the last attack that would have normally killed it Critted, and raised my attack. Cheers. Lv.16, Charmeleon get. Onto Mt. Moon and to get my Gyarados-to-be for 500.

If I remember, all water attacks are Special. Gen.4 is where they seperated physical and Special moves, right?

I barely started this morning, but I want to update this real quick.

Name: Alfred

Rival: Arthur

Planned nicknames

Charmander: Gilbert

Weedle: Antonio

Nidoran M: China

Magmar: Francis

Magnemite: Ludwig

Vaporeon: Kiku

Dratini:Romano

E-Cookie to the first to know the connection in the names.

Edited by 13thshadow

Lulz Hetalia <3

Oh, and it'll probably be a while before my next update, 'cause I got Black Version on Sunday and I've been playing it like mad ever since.

Alright, continuing. Beat RIVAL again, and then took down nugget bridge. Nothing too difficult. Went ahead and caught a Bellsprout and named it Peridot. Proceeded to try and get it as much EXP as possible as we went and annoyed Bill. Evolved Jigglypuff after it learned Rollout. I've beaten the trainers in Misty's gym and am stopping for now. Bellsprout evolved after taking the trainers in the gym down. The team going into the battle with Misty:

Garnet	Charmeleon	Quirky				
25	67	41	37	45	44	50

Scratch		Smokescreen		
	Ember		Metal Claw		

Pearl	Wigglytuff	Naughty				
20	86	39	27	35	22	25

Sing		Rollout		
	Pound		Mega Punch		

Peridot	Weepinbell	Bold				
21	62	41	31	45	26	28

Vine Whip		Growth		
	Poisonpowder		Sleeppowder		

Oh yeah, 2:44.

Edited by nflchamp

So after beating Brock, I departed for the next Gym.

I made way to the Pokemon Center outside Mt. Moon, fighting as few Trainers as possible so I can give magikarp EXP when I backtrack to fight them.

Got Magikarp for 500, and named her Razgriz. Backtracked to beat all the Trainers, using the switch technique. Time consuming, but worth it.

Went through Mt. Moon fighting all the Trainers and Rockets.

Beat Gary, beat Nugget Bridge and the Rocket.

Caught a Lv12 Oddish, named him Edge. Taught him Bullet Seed. Beat all the Trainers on the way to Bill's house, getting Magikarp to Lv18. I had 2 Rare Candies on me so I used them both on 'Karp to get her to Lv20 so she will evolve into a Gyarados.

Instead of heading for Misty, I went ahead to Vermillion and to Route 11 to catch a Drowzee.

Caught a Lv15 Drowzee, named her Chopper.

Went back to Misty's Gym, beating her minions. My team as I am about to face her:

Pokemon    Lv. Nickname     Ability Nature HP AT DE SA SD SP Moveset
CHARMELEON  23    Blaze       BLAZE   CALM 64 35 35 42 45 44 EMBER, METAL CLAW, SMOKESCREEN, GROWL
GYARADOS    20  Razgriz  INTIMIDATE QUIRKY 71 57 40 29 49 39 BITE, TACKLE, SPLASH
ODDISH      19     Edge CHLOROPHYLL   RASH 50 28 26 39 30 19 ABSORB, BULLET SEED, SLEEP POWDER, STUN SPORE
DROWZEE     15  Chopper    INSOMNIA    LAX 43 20 22 20 30 21 CONFUSION, POUND, HYPNOSIS, DISABLE

Sent Chopper out first. He was on the way to winning, putting Staryu to sleep and confusing it with Confusion. But Misty used a Super Potion, then Staryu woke up, and confused Chopper with Water Pulse, and didn't even get hurt once by its own confusion. Chopper got hurt twice by confusion, and hit by 2 Water Pulses, fainting it. Edge made short work of Staryu with Absorb, though.

Edge continued to fight Starmie, putting it to sleep. Used absorb to recover HP after getting hit by Swift. Starmie woke up and used Swift again, but Edge used Bullet Seed and ended it with 3 hits, the 2nd of which was a critical.

Now gonna go onto the SS. Anne and beyond.

Played some more to break up my revision.

Beat shit into Routes 6, 11, and SS. Anne, including Blue (Not "Gary", as I previously thought I named my Rival).

Gloom evolved somewhere along here.

Got Cut, taught it to Gloom, assuming we can't use HM slaves. Hope we can't.

Beat all the trainers in the Gym. Stats as I am about to face Lt. Surge:

Pokemon    Lv. Nickname     Ability Nature HP AT DE SA SD SP Moveset
CHARMELEON  25    Blaze       BLAZE   CALM 69 37 38 46 48 48 EMBER, METAL CLAW, SMOKESCREEN, GROWL
GYARADOS    24  Razgriz  INTIMIDATE QUIRKY 84 68 47 34 58 47 WATER PULSE, BITE, TACKLE, SPLASH
GLOOM       24     Edge CHLOROPHYLL   RASH 68 42 39 53 42 29 ACID, CUT, BULLET SEED, SLEEP POWDER
DROWZEE     24  Chopper    INSOMNIA    LAX 63 29 33 31 45 32 CONFUSION, HEADBUTT, POISON GAS, HYPNOSIS

I start off with Chopper in front. I put him to sleep and proceed to spam Confusion. It woke up the next turn. What a waste. Surge Super Potions Voltorb as the 2nd Confusion takes ti to the red zone. Confusion spam continues ad Voltorb is eventually downed.

I keep Chopper out to fight Pikachu, and it immeduately goes for Double Team. Poison Gas misses... misses... misses... misses... misses... misses... Pikachu has 6 x Double Team, and Thunder Waves Chopper. Poison Gas continues to miss... A mixture of Super Potion, Poison Gas, Quick Attack and Shock Waves happens for a while. And HOLY FUCK A POISON GAS HITS AFTER 15 ATTEMPTS. HOLY FUCK SURGE USED FULL HEAL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!! 5 more attempts later, another Poison Gas hits. Surge doesn't Full Heal this time, so I proceed to Super Potion/Confusion spam until Pikachu is downed.

I keep paralysed Chopper out against Raichu. More Poison Gas is to be used until he's poisoned; Raichu's used one Double Team already. Two. Chopper falls to Shock Wave, so I send out Blaze who finishes Raichu off. Victory, hurrawr.

We can't use HM slaves, can we? If we can, then it will be most useful because Flash is fucking shit, but I want to use it in Rock Tunnel.

But I want Gyarados to learn Surf... Ugh.

So this means I have to carry a spare Pokemon around whenever I want/need (Victory Road, anyone?) to use any HM?

Hey 13thshadow, mind maybe changing the rules slightly or something?

I'd already taught Cut to my Gloom and used it outside of battle.

I think 13th needs to refine this rule.