Ests

Trueblade74

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are Est characters awesome?

So I have to feed him a bajillion uses of Live/Relive just to make him usable?

The fact that you have to resort to such tactics just to salvage him should show just how bad he really is =/

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As in, they come late and weak, but become gods when they're trained and promoted.

Edit: Just like Meg and Fiona.

Edited by Trueblade74

All Ests are like Sara. What makes her so different? Because she can use staves? So can Corpul.

What. Seems you don't realize how completely absurd you sound.

Edit: OHHHHHH, so just because a unit has Paragon, that means they HAVE to be used. THAT'S THE EXACT SAME ARGUMENT YOU PRICKS GIVE WITH SHARLOW!!!!

Because everything else I listed totally gets ignored, right.

You DID see everything else, right?

So what? Use him, and he'll be better than Lana. Lateness does NOT mean uselessness.

I agree with this. I mean, in the grand scheme of rating a character based on how long you can use them, yeah, but if you want practical, then late powerful characters rock. I love guys like Atos, Karel (old), Galsuz, Sety, etc. They're late, but hell yeah I'm using them. They are gods in speed runs.

So what? Use him, and he'll be better than Lana. Lateness does NOT mean uselessness.

Edit: OHHHHHH, so just because a unit has Paragon, that means they HAVE to be used. THAT'S THE EXACT SAME ARGUMENT YOU PRICKS GIVE WITH SHARLOW!!!!

True, but Corple arrives worthless. If a unit that can fight arrives late, there is a higher chance he/she'll be used opposed to a character that cant.

Didnt you say you were going to calm down?

All Ests are like Sara. What makes her so different? Because she can use staves? So can Corpul.

I fail to see your point.

Can Corpul cure status effects in a game where they're semi-permanent? No. Can Corpul Warp one of the actual gods into a group of enemies, thereby owning the shit out of them? No.

Again, don't get me wrong. Were Corpul to switch with Sara, I'm sure we'd be more inclined to take Sharlow over Sara instead.

Also, remind me why Corpul is considered "godly" again? He's certainly a solid combatant after he promotes, but that doesn't mean diddly squat, as he just barely edges out a win on Arthur and Sety still stomps him utterly flat.

EDIT: Stop saying skills overs stats?

Levin!Arthur @Level 30

HP 67.4

STR 9.2

MAG 23.5

SKL 22.0

SPD 22.0

DEF 13.0

RES 12.2

LUK 22.6

Levin!Corpul @Level30

HP 64.8

STR 4.3

MAG 26.8

SKL 23.4

SPD 23.0

DEF 11.2

RES 21.1

LUK 20.6

Levin!Sety @Level30

HP 63.4

STR 6.2

MAG 27.5

SKL 26.8

SPD 30.0

DEF 14.6

RES 16.4

LUK 16.8

So... Corpul barely beats Arthur, at level 30, and both are completely dwarfed by Sety. This is of course ignoring absolutely everything else that makes Arthur great and Corpul a waste.

You are a bad troll.

Edited by Camtech075

I would if you all stopped thinking that skills are better than stats.

Most of the time, skills are better than stats, since most units have decent stats to back up those awesome skills.

Well, stats aren't everything, either.

Then refrain from comparing characters from games that have skills to characters in games that dont.

Also, why don't you like Ests?

This may depend on who you're asking, but not liking =/= saying they're bad. It's possible for a person to like a certain character and admit they're bad as units.

With that aside, I do happen to like at least two (Nino and, if she counts, Sophia, but not for stats), but you'd never catch me declaring them "best units ever" nowadays. Like others have said, it's availability that shafts them. By the time they join, your group would likely be strong enough to take care of a good percentage of enemies by themselves. An Est has to be spoonfed before anything can start happening for them. And let's not forget the mortality rate they have when they join.

Edited by LittleAl

I am THIS close to murdering you all...

BUT I LIKE MY BELIEFS!!!

PEMN. In the majority, Ests are better than they are suckish.

Edit: or are you just saying they suck because I think they're good?

Edited by Trueblade74

In the case of units like Sety, Galzus, Athos, and the Laguz Royals, I'd agree that lateness doesn't mean uselessness. Difference between them and Corple is that they don't require me to do backbreaking labor to get them up to par, because, you know, they already are on par.

Units like Est and Corple are useless because their bases are trash, they require humongous effort to be as good as my other units, but they're much better because they're on par with a highly raised Est and they've been doing what they've doing for a lot longer.

Not to mention, Corple isn't even that special once promoted. He's a staffbot with bad move and awful combat unless he has Holsety, which denies me an earlier Holsety. Also Est has to deal with Katua and Paola with being as godly when trained with better availability.

BUT I LIKE MY BELIEFS!!!

All that'll do it... nothing, actually.

Your beliefs are fine to have, as long as you don't go shoving them down our throats and preaching them as truth.

PEMN. Exactly. Which is why Ests are generally not that good.

Bases may be trash, but growths always make them awesome, like Meg and Fiona.

Edit: Please don't try to get me banned. It's NOT FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Trueblade74

You sure you're not trolling, buddy?

Meg can only be decent, and Fiona will be trash, no matter how much you train her. She always will.

And, why use Meg when I get Gatrie and Brom? They're already promoted and have better base stats, with good growths.

BUT I LIKE MY BELIEFS!!!

So murder us. Use your magical Corpul-granted Est powers and Holsety us all in our sleep.

THEN TELL US WHY YOUR BELIEFS MEAN ANY MOER THAN OURS

I could say the same thing to you. Ests are worse than they are suckish. Hey guess what? You say that your Corple is an epic fighter? Your Aideen is godly with Wind? PEMN.

No, but, you're certainly making it easier for us.

A slight problem with that: Growths can fuck you over.

BUT I LIKE MY BELIEFS!!!

Very cute. Next time you try to use someone's own words against them, make sure it actually fits the situation. Otherwise, it'll only backfire, hard.

Your "opinion".

I of course voted no. I'm with Rody that Corpul is more similar to Elice than Est. Tormod is awkward, etc. etc. Also:

If that is the case, why is Astrid and Geoffrey in FE10 (who both have Paragon)... not used as Endgame candidates? Think about this for a second, and you'll see that Ests... sort of fall into that category.