The signs are becoming clear to me...

I see duller colors next to naming text. I see a lower number next to the user count signed on. I see topic necroing occurring left and right.

Things are beginning to turn to one, unmistakable conclusion.

/heartbeat

SF IS DYING

One of the main hubs of activity, that nameless empire, has fallen prey to sustaining itself merely by video spam. Every single day on SF is a Friday. People disappear, and new members come that don't stay long. These forums are disappearing.

And the one undeniable piece of evidence that is proof, is that--

"Please deposit 25 cents to continue this post."

I noticed a decline in activity months ago. You used to be able to go back a page or two in FFtF and still find topics that were dated "Today" or "Yesterday". Now the first page has topics from a few days ago on it. I'm pretty sure the "necroing left and right" isn't related, though.

Edited by Charlie

I noticed a decline in activity months ago. You used to be able to go back a page or two in FFtF and still find topics that were dated "Today" or "Yesterday". Now the first page has topics from a few days ago on it. I'm pretty sure the "necroing left and right" isn't related, though.

I think it is. People can't think of anything to say in new topics, so they revive new ones.

Get on IRC.

That's not a true part of SF. D:<

I think it is. People can't think of anything to say in new topics, so they revive new ones.

That's... not quite the case here. You are talking about the recent string of necros in FFtF, right?

No real surprise. Interest in Fire Emblem is declining in general, there are no more "random" members, just a couple dozen people who have been here for quite a while and the odd new member/casual poster. It's still by far the most active FE forum, but it's not like other forums are getting more popular while this one dies. Just a normal thing.

Haha, it'll be a while before it is dead. Around 90-100 threads get posted in every day and the memberbase is still hovering around 70-90 different log ins per day. Fire Emblem as a series is just losing a ton of steam, it's great that we are even as active as we are now considering its declining popularity. Tier list debating has become waaaay less popular as a result and a bunch of our members were most active in those threads.

Times are a-changin' :P:.

Haha, it'll be a while before it is dead. Around 90-100 threads get posted in every day and the memberbase is still hovering around 70-90 different log ins per day. Fire Emblem as a series is just losing a ton of steam, it's great that we are even as active as we are now considering its declining popularity. Tier list debating has become waaaay less popular as a result and a bunch of our members were most active in those threads.

Times are a-changin' :P:.

Yeah, but...

without the point of the site acting as a support anymore, like late summer we'll slowly fade away. lolP4heavenreference And then I'll have nowhere to go, and I'll never talk to most of you again. :<

I guess I could move on to another forum eventually but... No idea where. I'm just gonna miss this place, that's all. ;__;