(FE7) Tactician Stars Draft

Radiant Dragon

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, so is the normal mode and hard mode runs both using this thread? And are there any important differences between them?

I'm considering making a new thread for the Hard Mode one. The only difference would probably be whether or not the Normal Mode drafters get to use Marcus all game long. I'll leave that for them to decide.

motherfucker

Well, you did waste your pick on Eliwood. Or did you expect Florina to still be around when the order looped back around to you?

Also, nice to see a familiar face to compete with around here.

SHHHHHHHHHH don't tell them to not sell shit son. Winning this'd be cool.

Also, the only possible reason someone'd want to use Dorcas is for either A Oswin (lol supports in a ranked run) or his nearly isolated (save Hector) usage of axes early on.

Edited by Bearissoslow

Also, the only possible reason someone'd want to use Dorcas is for either A Oswin (lol supports in a ranked run) or his nearly isolated (save Hector) usage of axes early on.

Well, don't forget that maps only need to be finished within the Tactics ranking, not necessarily as fast as possible. Also, if I'm doing it right, you can take as long as you want on 11, 25, and 30 at no cost. 25 is the significant one.

I think it's less using axes early on and more simply existing and being decent early on.

I was actually meaning to refer to the whole Bartre > Dorcas idea. If he's just using Dorcas early on then cool shit, but I dunno why he'd go for him first.

Edited by Bearissoslow

I don't think Experience will be as low as 1 on HNM, especially with healers and Ninils free.

The gradient for EXP rank is very shallow, though. The difference between getting 5 stars on a map and getting 1 star on any map in EXP is only just above 150. In around 30 maps over the entire game, the difference between getting 1 star in EXP and 5 stars in EXP is at minimum only 45 levels, which is not a lot. That's like... the 5-star requirement for chapter 32 alone.

And i guessing everyone is cool with my risking not beating my old score?

If there's no other way, there's not much choice is there? I still recommend trying to get an emulator, though.

Hmmm at the end of any game when it goes through the data for battles, does it inlcude stars obtained?

Also if i don't improve i will probably cry because i actually know how to obtain high ranks on all 5 thanks to this site!

Edited by The Thief's Assassin

Hmmm at the end of any game when it goes through the data for battles, does it inlcude stars obtained?

I don't believe so. Unless I'm mistaken, the only way to see the starts is in Battle History. I would love to be proven wrong, though.

If he tracks his progress,t hen we should be able to at least make educated guesses as to what his score would be.

By the by, I'll have to take a picture of my (pathetic) HNM score as of now and then post my new score by the end of this. I shouldn't have any trouble beating it.

Edited by Bearissoslow

I don't believe so. Unless I'm mistaken, the only way to see the starts is in Battle History. I would love to be proven wrong, though.

I would love to do that proving, close to beating EHM now and ill check then i should have plenty of time if 13th shadow stays in hiding

And i'll do the same bear

Edited by The Thief's Assassin