Pokemon Black/White Draftlocke

General Spoon

Beat Bianca, beat Cheren, go to the desert and capture a Relaxed Yamask and name it "MASK DE". Grab my fossil, and revive it, naming it "Con". Clean out trainers on Route 4, Desert Resort, and around Nimbassa suburbs. Beat N, go into the gym, and have Musharna solo Elsea.

Thoughts

If something wasn't really used in this leg of the game for anything other than self-improvement, I probably won't mention it here.

Musharna: Beastly tank.

Yamask: Was bottle-fed with the experience share.

Name      Species    Ability     Lv  Nature  HP  Atk Def SpA SpD Spe  Moves
Harman    Servine    Overgrow    30  Careful 81  50  58  36  59  64   Return / Leaf Tornado / Leech Seed / Growth
Dan       Herdier    Sand Rush   30  Lonely  81  66  47  33  44  46   Return / Rock Smash / Dig / Crunch
KAEDE     Musharna   Synchronize 31  Bold    119 45  70  75  67  30   Psybeam / Defense Curl / Lucky Chant / Hypnosis
Kevin     Scolipede  Swarm       30  Brave   84  71  62  40  50  71   Return / Dig / Bug Bite / Iron Defense
MASK DE   Yamask     Mummy       30  Relaxed 65  26  64  46  48  24   Payback / Haze / Will-O-Wisp / Hex
Con       Archen     Defeatist   30  Hardy   82  77  35  55  39  50   Acrobatics / AnceintPower / Dig / Rock Smash
BENCH IS BELOW THIS LINE
Garcian   Watchog    Keen Eye    25  Brave   69  62  41  41  45  44   Rock Smash / Cut / Crunch / Super Fang

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat Bianca, beat Cheren, go to the desert and capture a Relaxed Yamask and name it "MASK DE". Grab my fossil, and revive it, naming it "Con". Clean out trainers on Route 4, Desert Resort, and around Nimbassa suburbs. Beat N, go into the gym, and have Musharna solo Elsea.

Thoughts

If something wasn't really used in this leg of the game for anything other than self-improvement, I probably won't mention it here.

Musharna: Beastly tank.

Yamask: Was bottle-fed with the experience share.

Harman    Servine    Overgrow    30  Careful 81  50  58  36  59  64   Return / Leaf Tornado / Leech Seed / Growth
Dan       Herdier    Sand Rush   30  Lonely  81  66  47  33  44  46   Return / Rock Smash / Dig / Crunch
KAEDE     Musharna   Synchronize 31  Bold    119 45  70  75  67  30   Psybeam / Defense Curl / Lucky Chant / Hypnosis
Kevin     Scolipede  Swarm       30  Brave   84  71  62  40  50  71   Return / Dig / Bug Bite / Iron Defense
MASK DE   Yamask     Mummy       30  Relaxed 65  26  64  46  48  24   Payback / Haze / Will-O-Wisp / Hex
Con       Archen     Defeatist   30  Hardy   82  77  35  55  39  50   Acrobatics / AnceintPower / Dig / Rock Smash
BENCH IS BELOW THIS LINE
Garcian   Watchog    Keen Eye    25  Brave   69  62  41  41  45  44   Rock Smash / Cut / Crunch / Super Fang

Victory Road time!

Trainers here are noticeably tougher than anything I've seen around recently, which means more EXP for me. Moon Queen is the one mopping up here, because she's trailing behind in levels a bit. Meanwhile, Cheren is annoying again... I still mop him up easily like usual.

Vs. Cheren: Unfezant Lv. 43, Emboar Lv. 45, Liepard Lv. 43, Simisage Lv. 43

I wreck his face and move on. Moon Queen wrecks Unfezant and Liepard, Magmus beats Simisage, and Predator puts the hurt on Emboar.

Off to Victory Road, and its massive ridiculous piles of EXP. Along the way, I pick up Terrakion, who is a bit underlevelled (annoying ~_~). Either way, Rampage the Terrakion has a Naughty nature, making him complete beast mode. Just to finish him off, I'm going to go spend some of my horrifyingly large pool of cash to buy HP Ups, Carbos, and Proteins to get Rampage up to snuff.

THE GREAT AUDINO MASSACRE happens, getting Rampage to 49 for Swords Dance. Time for the Elite Four.

Pre-E4 Stats:

Name        Species     Ability      Lv  Nature   HP  Atk Def SpA SpD Spe  Moves
Magmus      Darmanitan  Hustle       52  Brave    173 187 70  48  71  109  Fire Punch / Flare Blitz / Rock Slide / Superpower
Gladiator   Scrafty     Shed Skin    53  Sassy    135 121 137 56  145 79   Brick Break / Crunch / Rock Slide / Hi Jump Kick
Moon Queen  Cinccino    Technician   52  Jolly    157 118 83  73  77  148  Tail Slap / Wake-up Slap / Bullet Seed / Rock Blast
Predator    Haxorus     Mold Breaker 52  Quirky   159 172 107 70  79  126  Dragon Dance / Dragon Claw / X-Scissor / Brick Break
Rampage     Terrakion   Justified    49  Naughty  174 169 101 81  91  135  Swords Dance / Sacred Sword / Rock Slide / X-Scissor

Okay, this is it. The Elite Four. I stock up on Full Heals just in case I'm in dire need of them, and give all my Pokemon actual items instead of just Lucky Egg or EXP Share.

Vs. Marshal - Throh Lv. 48, Sawk Lv. 48, Conkeldurr Lv. 48, Mienshao Lv. 50

I am fucking terrified of this guy, since I have nobody that does really well against Fighting-types. My general gameplan is to DD up with Predator and then kill all his shit, taking advantage of the fact that Mold Breaker cancels out Sturdy. I get 3 DDs against Throh, and then just Dragon Claw all his shit to death. First E4 member down.

Vs. Grimsley - Scrafty Lv. 48, Liepard Lv. 48, Krookodile Lv. 48, Bisharp Lv. 50

This one's the Rampage show. Super close call when Intimidate causes Sacred Sword not to KO, but luckily, Earthquake doesn't KO Rampage. Good thing I used all those HP Ups, I survive by the skin of my damn teeth.

Vs. Shauntal - Cofagrigus Lv. 48, Golurk Lv. 48, Jellicent Lv. 48, Chandelure Lv. 50

I Flare Blitz the Cofagrigus to death with Magmus before turning the show over to Gladiator, who OHKOs Golurk with Crunch. Magmus comes back in to deal with Chandelure, and then Moon Queen slaps Jellicent with Bullet Seed for an OHKO.

Vs. Caitlin - Reuniclus Lv. 48, Sigilyph Lv. 48, Musharna Lv. 48, Gothitelle Lv. 50

Close call when Crunch from Gladiator fails to OHKO Reuniclus, and he takes a nasty Focus Blast in return. Luckily, it's not enough to put him out of commission, and he keeps on truckin. Rampage lays a Rock Slide on Sigilyph, Magmus Flare Blitzes the Musharna, and Predator X-Scissors the Gothitelle to finish this battle off.

Time for N's castle.

Reshiram shows up and is all imposing and shit. Fancy, but I AM NOT AFRAID. I got me a ZEKROM (nicknamed Kongor). (ty juniper for the master ball)

Vs. N - Reshiram Lv. 52, Vanilluxe Lv. 50, Carracosta Lv. 50, Klinklang Lv. 50, Zoroark Lv. 50, Archeops Lv. 50,

Dragonbreath paralyzes his Reshiram, while his Fusion Flare + Hyper Beam fails to 2HKO me. Magmus OHKOs his Vanilluxe with Fire Punch, Carracosta goes down to Moon Queen's Bullet Seed. Zoroark tries to troll me by appearing as Klinklang, but misses with Focus Blast and gets put down by Magmus. Moon Queen puts down Archeops with Rock Blast, and Magmus comes back to beat up the REAL Klinklang.

GHETSIS TIEM. It's time for the ultimate showdown (by which I mean I'm going to just DD up with Predator and kill everything).

Vs. Ghetsis - Cofagrigus Lv. 52, Hydreigon Lv. 54, Bouffalant Lv. 52

Gladiator eats the Cofagrigus, Hydreigon gets slapped silly by Moon Queen (thanks to a Focus Blast miss), Bouffalant eats the Sacred Sword, Seismitoad gets blown up by Bullet Seed from Moon Queen, Bisharp eats another Sacred Sword from Rampage, and I unleash the Predator on Eelektross to beat him down with STAB Dragon Claw. Game over.

Final Stats:

So, my final stats and notes on my Pokemon.

Name        Species     Ability      Lv  Nature   HP  Atk Def SpA SpD Spe  Moves
Magmus      Darmanitan  Hustle       54  Brave    180 194 73  51  74  114  Fire Punch / Flare Blitz / Rock Slide / Superpower
Gladiator   Scrafty     Shed Skin    54  Sassy    137 123 140 57  147 81   Brick Break / Crunch / Rock Slide / Hi Jump Kick
Moon Queen  Cinccino    Technician   54  Jolly    163 122 86  76  81  154  Tail Slap / Wake-up Slap / Bullet Seed / Rock Blast
Predator    Haxorus     Mold Breaker 53  Quirky   162 176 109 71  81  129  Dragon Dance / Dragon Claw / X-Scissor / Brick Break
Rampage     Terrakion   Justified    51  Naughty  181 177 105 85  94  140  Swords Dance / Sacred Sword / Rock Slide / X-Scissor
Kongor      Zekrom      Teravoltage  50  Brave    160 174 137 140 115 96   Dragonbreath / Fusion Bolt / Zen Headbutt / Slash

Serperior is probably the worst starter. It has a shaky start, and never realy "comes into its own". It learns Giga Drain WAY, WAY too late, and Leech Seed blows dicks ingame. The only reason it's good is because you get Panpoar, which is the best of the monkeys... that said the monkeys are pretty terrible anyway, so yeah.

Throh is decidedly inferior to Sawk. A shakier start, less reliable offense, and just being generally outclassed by Scrafty and Conkeldurr hurts it a lot. That said, it's great earlygame, and I'm sure that it would still hold its own if I gave it the chance.

Darmanitan is CRAZY AS FUCK. Its incredible power is second to none, and it doesn't even need a movepool other than fire moves, a fighting move, and Rock Slide. So fucking good. SO GOOD.

Scrafty is solid. As the most reliable Dark-type in the game, and with so many Psychic-types throughout the game, it definitely has a niche that is impossible to argue with. Dual STAB of Hi Jump Kick / Brick Break and Crunch combined with Rock Slide is great ingame, and its defenses make it super hard to keep down.

WTF CINCCINO. Such a boss. The great BP on her moves really makes her an offensive superstar, and that great type coverageeven makes her a bit of a powerhouse. STAB Tail Slap is no joke either.

Haxorus is fucking ridiculous. Dragon is a great type, doubly so with nearly no Steel-types in the game, and its crazy Attack and Speed along with not-awful bulk is amazing. Dragon Dance is also incredible.

Terrakion comes WAY too late to be really amazing, though it completely eats Grimley to an extent (though Krookodile is a dick). It's definitely an amazing Pokemon, and I wish it came instead of Cobalion, since it would be GREAT to train it in the Ice gym.

Well guys, it's been fun, and I just might give the endgame a shot. Maybe we can draft one or two endgame mons, that might be fun.

Edited by Seven Deadly Sins

So, I blast through Chargestone Cave, picking up a Modest(!) Compoundeyes Joltik, giving it the Exp. Share, and blasting Team Plasma into the ground. Going on to Route 7, the second Great Audino Massacre occured, just to get Joltik to Lv36 to evolve. Went into Celestial Tower, got a Serious Litwick (...) and beat everything in the tower. Gym 6, Galvantula smashed everything in one hit. Not even kidding. Skyla's Swoobat fell to Charge Beam, Unfezant to Electroweb, and Swanna also to Electroweb. In straight turns. Jet Badge get!

Name       Species    Ability      Lv Nature  HP  Atk Def SpA SpD Spe
Snide      Servine    Overgrow     32 Lax     87  47  64  51  50  63
Mookey     Simipour   Gluttony     37 Hasty   108 93  48  80  57  105
Karte      Sawk       Inner Focus  38 Docile  117 109 65  36  66  82
Trollicott Cottonee   Prankster    33 Quirky  76  34  48  34  48  55
Creeper    Galvantula Compoundeyes 40 Modest  108 64  64  97  57  98
Melter     Litwick    Flash Fire   36 Serious 86  35  52  53  51  26

Opinion on the first 4 hasn't changed. But, new members:

Galvantula: Pretty good. When it gets Thunder, it will be a machine.

Litwick: Hasn't done much, but will be the sole combatant against Cobalion. (Resist Iron Head and immune to Sacred Sword/Retaliate? Yes please.)

Edit: Beat Cheren, got Surf, went through Mistralton Cave, and fought Cobalion. Casually used Eviolite Litwick, knocked down it's health, and caught it in my second Quick Ball. Huh. Anticlimactic much?

Edited by Mist

Nicknamed Solosis 9monthwall and found out that its HP is water. I was personally hoping for grass or electric but oh well.

Tympole and Roggenrola evolved.

Both of them solo'd the gym. Stoner's smack down was able to 1hko all of the Emolga.

N was an easy win also.

Ganon Pignite 28 (rollout nitro charge ember arm thrust)- Self improvement

High Tranquill 25 (air cutter quick attack return roost)- Self improvement and it learned a real attack.

Stoner Boldore 27 (power gem strength smack down mudslap)- Owned the gym leader.

Gunk Palpitoad 29 (muddy water aqua ring bubblebeam mud shot)- Owned the gym trainers.

9monthwall Solosis 25 (recover psyshock Hidden Power Gyro Ball(trollolol))-Spoon fed with the exp share it hasn't had a real battle yet.

Got my Strength and Thunderbolt. Leveled Mienfoo like mad via Lucky Egg and plenty of Dark-types in Team Plasma.

Eighth gym flattened. It was so easy that I'll make a step-by-step guide on how to do it.

Prerequisites: Ferrothorn, Ingrain, Iron Defense.

Step 1: Put Ferrothorn First.

Step 2: Use Ingrain.

Step 3: Use Iron Defense.

Step 4: Use Iron Defense.

Step 5: Use Iron Defense.

Steps 6-?: Troll the living daylights out of the gym leader.

This is my team right before Victory Road. I'm totally screwed. . .

Name               Lv   Nature   HP  ATK  DEF  SpA  SpD  SPD
Audino (Roric)     53   Bold    186   90  119   83   91   99
Ferrothorn (Ena)   53   Hasty   155  123  135   71  138   59
Mienshao (Stella)  50   Sassy   139  146   67  115   74  108

Nickname     Moves
Roric        Surf, Attract, Blizzard, Secret Power
Ena          Iron Defense, Iron Head, Power Whip, Ingrain
Stella       Swift, U-turn, Bounce, Drain Punch

Beat Cheren, do Cold Storage, level some, go to gym and beat Clay. What else is there to say other than that Serperior owns the gym?

Thoughts

Serperior: Bulky sweeper who can setup with Coil if desired. He has his final movepool at this point.

Stoutland: His niche is basically to take care of something I don't want to send in other members of the party in against. He does an admirable job of this.

Musharna: Still a tank.

Scolipede: Somewhat impeded by lower base power moves. This problem should be solved when he gets Megahorn from the move relearner.

Cofagrigus: Basically Musharna with two immunities.

Archen: Should evolve pretty quickly, and will become pretty damn damn damn beastly.

Harman    Serperior  Overgrow    36  Careful 109 70  83  53  86  97   Return / Leaf Blade / Leech Seed / Coil
Dan       Stoutland  Sand Rush   35  Lonely  109 92  71  45  69  68   Return / Rock Smash / Dig / Crunch
KAEDE     Musharna   Synchronize 35  Bold    134 50  78  85  75  33   Psybeam / Defense Curl / Lucky Chant / Hypnosis
Kevin     Scolipede  Swarm       35  Brave   98  83  72  46  58  82   Return / Dig / Bug Bite / Iron Defense
MASK DE   Cofagrigus Mummy       35  Relaxed 89  45  122 82  84  29   Grass Knot / Power Split / Will-O-Wisp / Hex
Con       Archen     Defeatist   36  Hardy   99  93  41  65  46  59   Acrobatics / Crunch / Dig / DragonBreath
BENCH IS BELOW THIS LINE

I'm ending the challenge.

Some jackass with a Conkledurr somehow hit two Dynamicpunches in a row, which left me with only Ferrothorn. Due to a certain HAX Pokemon with Fire Blast, I'm not gonna make it out of this one.

I might as well give my thoughts about my final team. . .

Audino - I nominate this thing for God Tier. Its durability's good all the way to Victory Road, and it learns an amazing amount of elemental attacks via TM/HM. It also learns the hilarious combo of Secret Power and Attract, which makes for some very amusing parafatuation battles.

Ferrothorn - This Pokemon comes in a place where it's hard to level, but slap the Lucky Egg on it and off it goes! Power Whip hurts everything that doesn't resist it, and Iron Head's got a nice combination of power and accuracy. This Pokemon trivializes the last two gyms, and nothing short of a Fire attack will scare it.

Mienshao - It becomes amazing the minute it learns U-Turn. I was able to get a free hit in, and switch out to Audino or Ferrothorn, whichever one I felt was more appropriate for the situation. It learns a very interesting type spread, and as long as it isn't OHKO'd, it can heal itself very quickly.

Edited by eclipse

Beat Bianca, go through Chargestone Cave, and make good use of the Lucky Egg clearing out all the trainers around Misaltren and Celestial Tower. Do a bit more leveling, and have Musharna beat Skyla with Charge Beam.

Thoughts

Musharna: Still a tank.

Scolipede: Megahorn solves any offense problems he may have had.

Cofagrigus: Impressive tank.

Archeops: May as well be called "The Murder Bird".

Harman    Serperior  Overgrow    40  Careful 120 78  92  58  95  108  Return / Leaf Blade / Leech Seed / Coil
Dan       Stoutland  Sand Rush   40  Lonely  124 105 81  51  78  78   Return / Rock Smash / Dig / Crunch
KAEDE     Musharna   Synchronize 43  Bold    164 62  95  103 91  41   Psybeam / Defense Curl / Lucky Chant / Charge Beam
Kevin     Scolipede  Swarm       40  Brave   112 95  82  52  65  94   Return / Dig / Megahorn / Iron Defense
MASK DE   Cofagrigus Mummy       40  Relaxed 102 52  139 93  95  34   Grass Knot / Power Split / Will-O-Wisp / Shadow Ball
Con       Archeops   Defeatist   40  Hardy   126 126 61  103 67  98   Acrobatics / Crunch / Dig / DragonBreath
BENCH IS BELOW THIS LINE
Garcian   Watchog    Keen Eye    25  Brave   69  62  41  41  45  44   Strength / Cut / Crunch / Super Fang

Edited by General Spoon

So, I start going through Twist Mountain, leading Resolve the Cobalion (Naive). I get to the Doctor, and his Musharna Psybeam crits Resolve dead. That didn't take long...

Finished cleaning up Twist Mountain, went to the Gym and smashed everything. Litwick evolved to Lampent on the first trainer, then I immediately evolved it again with the Dusk Stone. Sawk took out everything else, only failing to OHKO Beartic. Freeze Badge get!

Dragonspiral Tower was a joke. Then Relic Castle was also a joke. Along the way, Servine evolved to Serperior, and Cottonee evolved to Whimsicott. I then fight my way to Opelucid and begin: the third Great Audino Massacre. This is the most destructive yet. I'm still going.

Edit: Well, I finished the Audino Massacre, and went and blasted the 8th Gym into the ground. Galvantula dealt with all the Gym Trainers, and some clever switching around was required for Drayden. +1 Close Combat from Sawk OHKO'ed Haxorus, so that was pretty simple. Legend Badge get!

Snide      Serperior  Overgrow     43 Lax     127 82  104 81  81  111
Mookey     Simipour   Gluttony     43 Hasty   125 110 56  93  66  123
Karte      Sawk       Inner Focus  52 Docile  161 154 90  50  90  112
Trollicott Whimsicott Prankster    44 Quirky  117 85  86  80  85  118
Creeper    Galvantula Compoundeyes 52 Modest  142 88  82  126 73  129
Melter     Chandelure Flash Fire   46 Serious 119 70  98  141 97  89

Edit 2: Bloody Cheren. Emboar critkilled Simipour with Take Down. Everything else went down easily.

Edited by Mist

Not much to say about Driftveil's actual battles since Plasma and all of the gym trainers are a joke. I caught a quiet Karrablast (spartan) and evolved him and Stoner at this point. High evolved also. I'm nervous to deploy Solosis in serious battles against trainers because its defenses are still kinda shaky. I'll use it once it evolves. Palpitoad 1hko'd everything in the gym except for the other Palpitoads and Excadrill. Excadrill was 2hko'd with muddy water and high 1hko all of the Palpitoads with return.

The real challenge was Bianca, obviously.

Stoner beat Herdier.

High beat Panpour.

Spartan fury cuttered the hell out of Servine and Musharna.

Movesets will be updated later I don't have my DS by me atm.

Pignite 35- I don't know who the true MVP is but because of Pignite's lack of a strong moveset atm it is fading away. Heat stamp isn't too reliable since he is still one level away from evolving. I except redemption though.

Unfezant 32- Return+massage+soothe bell+adamant nature and good speed=:)

Gigalith 30- Gigalith has the highest attack in the group but its a little bit limited by it's moveset that is mainly rock slide and strength. I guess I'll teach it bulldoze. Its still great though.

Palpitoad 33- Well because of the last two gyms it has been on a role lately. Ignoring grass types that Pignite/Unfezant/Escavalier can handle it is doing great. A little more special attack would be nice but its 2hko'ing everything.

Solosis 29- Almost there...see above paragraph for thoughts.

Escavalier 30- Shitty base moveset (headbutt fury cutter fury attack and false swipe which became bug buzz) but it will learn iron head x-scissor soon enough. Using Fury cutter against Bianca was a cheap laugh though.

Edited by RedNeck Holsety

So, I go to Victory Road, and ignore as many trainers as possible, can't be bothered. Once I reach the Pokemon League, I do final preparations. Leveling, and item collection. X Items and Full Restores/Hyper Potions. So in I go!

Elite Four 1: Marshal

My main problem that I anticipated was his Sawk. So, I lead Serperior, Coil six times, and proceed to knock the daylights out of his entire team. Forcing him to waste his Full Restores on Throh was a good idea (+6 Return didn't OHKO). Suprisingly simple.

Elite Four 2: Shantual

This was fun. I led Chandelure, put up an X Sp.Def and still took ~60/140 HP from Cofagrigus's Shadow Ball. I put up an X Special, and knock Cofagrigus and Golurk out in successive turns. I swap out to Serperior for Jellicent, and once Serperior beats Jellicent, I bring in Chandelure to OHKO her Chandelure with Shadow Ball. I did almost lose Chandelure in this fight, but I survived.

Elite Four 3: Grimsley

When I say this fight was easy, I mean it. Sawk critkills Scrafty with Brick Break, OHKO's Liepard after it uses Fake Out (remember Inner Focus?), OHKO's Bisharp, and OHKO's Krookodile with -1 Close Combat. That's it. No damage.

Elite Four 4: Caitlin

I was mildly worried about this fight was well. Didn't need to. Chandelure OHKO'ed everything except Sigilyph, and Galvantula OHKO's that with Thunder. Also no damage.

The Elite Four is beaten, and I get to go and raid N's Castle. First, a stat check.

Before that, I go and give Sawk another level, then gave it 4 Rare Candies. I want to be sure I can outspeed Hydregion if I need to. Chandelure gets 2 Carbos as well.

Snide      Serperior  Overgrow     51 Lax     153 97  123 96  97  131
Karte      Sawk       Inner Focus  59 Docile  183 176 101 56  103 128
Trollicott Whimsicott Prankster    44 Quirky  117 85  86  80  85  118
Creeper    Galvantula Compoundeyes 53 Modest  145 90  83  129 74  131
Melter     Chandelure Flash Fire   56 Serious 149 88  120 172 118 111

This is it! I Master Ball Reshiram (call it Trigger), and begin the fight with N.

I set up with Reshiram (2 X Defends, 2 X Speeds and 4 X Specials), and proceed to OHKO his entire team. Oops.

And Ghetsis? 1 X Sp. Def, 1 X Speed and 3 X Specials later, I proceed to OHKO Cofagrigus, Bouffalant, play around with Seismitoad a bit, OHKO Bisharp in the rain, OHKO Hydregion, and crit OHKO Eelektross.

Challenge complete! (YEAH!)

So now, for shits and giggles, I'm going to try the final two fights without Reshiram. Might be a bit different.

That and the analysis to come later.

Edit: So, N was a joke, even without Reshiram.

I lead Whimsicott against Zekrom. I Cotton Guard, miss Leech Seed twice, then get a Leech Seed to stick, I Stun Spore it and wait until it dies to Leech seed.

Vanilluxe is OHKO'ed by Brick Break, courtesy of Sawk.

Kilnklang is shot with Thunder by Galvantula, it Metal Sound's in return. N Full Restores it, I Charge Beam, getting no SpA boost, and then KO it with Thunder.

Carracosta sees Whimsicott out for trolling again, after a Cotton Guard, I fail to hit it 3 times in a row with Leech Seed. ARGH. Finally get one to stick, then KO'ed it with Energy Ball.

Zoroark gets a Signal Beam to the face it bites the dust.

Archeops gets a taste of my very newly acquired Discharge (like, I kill Zoroark, get Lv54, get Discharge new) for another OHKO. Yawn.

Ghetsis tiem!

I immediately swap Whimsicott for Chandelure, it gets posioned by Toxic. Cofagrigus stalls a bit, but gets OHKO'ed by Shadow Ball.

Bouffalant sees Sawk's Close Combat to the face for a OHKO.

Hydreigon comes in outspeeds me (...), hits with Dragon Pulse for 129/183 HP, but I still OHKO it with Close Combat.

I swap in Chandelure for Eelektross. I Full Restore Chandelure straight away, and it crit Acrobatics me to 53/149 HP. I heal again, it Wild Charges. I miss with Fire Blast, it uses Acrobatics again. I heal again. It Wild Charges again. I then KO it with Fire Blast.

Seismitoad prompts Whimsicott to enter, and just barely misses the OHKO with Energy Ball. Sludge Wave is the response. He Full Restores, I drop it to almost dead again. Then I finally KO it.

Bisharp meets Sawk's Close Combat for an easy OHKO. Sawk reaches Lv60 just cause.

So, I can beat the final fights with or without Reshiram.

"Hilda! You said you had a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! Hilda! If anyone can, it's you!"

Now for the final team analysis:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serperior: Earlygame, it is a beast. It slows down midgame, but is definitely useable in endgame. I may not have taken it through if Cobalion didn't fail, but I'm glad I did. Practically the only reason I didn't fail against Marshal. It probably is the worst starter, but they can all make it to endgame and be usable.

Simipour: It has a really good offense, but its defenses are really poor. By the time it was killed, that's probably when it was waning in usefulness anyway. Still pretty good for early-mid game.

Sawk: An absolute beast. Starts good, ends good, has enough defense to take a hit (even at -1, as Hydregion showed.), and pummels everything with its great Attack stat. Always a good member to have on your team. A bit hard to catch if it is high leveled, but even starting at Lv12, it can hold its own for the whole game without assistance.

Whimsicott: Didn't do much for the whole game, only made cameo appearances throughout. But, as shown in my second set of final fights, it can wall any physical threat easily, even Zekrom. Hence the name "Trollicott". If you can put up with its non-existent offense, it's a decent selection.

Galvantula: The first ten levels are the hardest. Once it evolves, it can work very well, especially with Thunder. Compoundeyes makes it really useful, never consider Unnerve. Comes at the right time (Flying Gym) and keeps good offense throughout the remainder of the game.

Chandelure: It takes a lot longer than Galvantula to become operable, but it hits even harder, and gets Fire Blast. Generally OHKO's anything as long as it's neutral.

Cobalion: Keep it away from special attacks. Whilst I didn't get to use it much, I know that it laughs at the 7th Gym if you so choose, and can phys wall quite well.

Reshiram: Solos N and Ghetsis. Ghetsis probably being the hardest storyline fight in the game. Yeah, definitely OP.

Ranked in order:

Sawk

Galvantula=Chandelure

Simipour

Serperior

Reshiram

Whimsicott

Cobalion

So, I'm now done. I might try my hand at postgame, see how far I get.

Edited by Mist

Beat Cheren, go through Twist Mountain, and then use Surf to clear out trainers on Route 17 and Misaltren Cave and other places. Teach some TMs and do some leveling before having Musharna solo Brycen.

Thoughts

Musharna: Ridiculously tanky.

Harman    Serperior  Overgrow    45  Careful 135 88  104 65  107 122  Return / Leaf Blade / Leech Seed / Coil
Dan       Stoutland  Sand Rush   45  Lonely  138 118 90  58  87  89   Return / Rock Smash / Dig / Crunch
KAEDE     Musharna   Synchronize 46  Bold    176 67  102 110 97  44   Psybeam / Defense Curl / Lucky Chant / Charge Beam
Kevin     Scolipede  Swarm       45  Brave   126 107 92  58  73  107  Return / Poison Jab / Megahorn / Iron Defense
MASK DE   Cofagrigus Mummy       46  Relaxed 116 61  160 107 109 39   Grass Knot / Toxic / Will-O-Wisp / Shadow Ball
Con       Archeops   Defeatist   45  Hardy   142 141 68  116 75  110   Acrobatics / Crunch / Dig / Rock Slide
BENCH IS BELOW THIS LINE
Garcian   Watchog    Keen Eye    25  Brave   69  62  41  41  45  44   Strength / Cut / Crunch / Super Fang

Beat the crap out of everything and catch a Sigilyph.

N pretty much rolls over and dies, because Sigilyph is so awesome.

And then most of the electric gym does the same.

Another close gym fight since half my team is weak to electric (although Sigilyph is still 3HKO'd since olololol), and Sandile is 2HKO'd by non-electric attacks.

POKEMON  NATURE LV  HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe ABILITY     MOVES
Dewott   Bold   26  82  45  44  55  41  41 Torrent     Retaliate, Razor Shell, Water Pulse, Fury Cutter
Sandile  Lonely 27  69  55  21  28  26  40 Moxie       Bite, Swagger, Mud-Slap, Sand Tomb
Sigilyph Gentle 27  80  44  48  67  59  62 Magic Guard Air Cutter, Tailwind, Whirlwind, Psybeam
Gurdurr  Naive  27  83  70  57  28  35  36 Sheer Force Rock Throw, Wake-Up Slap, Low Kick, Chip Away

Yeah, Sigilyph is kind of totally insane.

AND THEN CHEREN AGAIN (whyyyyy)

I was totally gonna Fury Cutter his Liepard to death then use the powered up version on his Servine, but it Torment'd me. So instead Sigilyph 2 shot Servine and Panpour. Then comes Tranquill, who gets owned by Sandile.

And then we dual battles a couple of preschoolers.

Go catch a Deerling over in Route 6, fight a bunch of trainers to catch it up in levels, including Team Plasma etc.

vs. Clay

Sigil opens with a Tailwind, switch into Gurdurr who OHKOs the Krok. Deerling takes out the Palpitoad with some Seed action (note to self: teach a grass attack). Dewott switches in for Excadrill and 2 shots.

AND THEN SUDDENLY BIANCA

Sigil drops Herdier like a bad habit, Deerling stomps Pansage. Krokorok sand tombs the Pignite to death and then Moxies up to off Musharna with Crunch.

POKEMON  NATURE LV  HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe ABILITY     MOVES
Gurdurr  Naive  29  89  75  61  30  36  39 Sheer Force Rock Throw, Wake-Up Slap, Bulk Up, Chip Away
Deerling Gentle 30  85  51  38  31  38  54 Chlorophyll Jump Kick, Leech Seed, Faint Attack, Take Down
Sigilyph Gentle 30  88  49  54  74  64  69 Magic Guard Air Cutter, Tailwind, Whirlwind, Psybeam
Dewott   Bold   30  93  52  50  64  47  47 Torrent     Retaliate, Razor Shell, Water Pulse, Revenge
Krokorot Lonely 30  82  68  29  36  34  50 Moxie       Crunch, Swagger, Mud-Slap, Sand Tomb

Sigilyph is still completely insane

Deerling is a little behind but that's 'cause the rest of the team stomps everything with STAB attacks

Chase Team Plasma around, battle Bianca, clear out some trainers, and level some. Then beat Dreyden with a combination of Archeops and Serperior.

Thoughts

None.

Harman    Serperior  Overgrow    50  Careful 151 100 115 73  119 136  Return / Leaf Blade / Leech Seed / Coil
Dan       Stoutland  Sand Rush   50  Lonely  153 135 100 65  97  99   Return / Rock Smash / Dig / Crunch
KAEDE     Musharna   Synchronize 50  Bold    192 73  111 120 106 48   Psybeam / Shadow Ball / Lucky Chant / Charge Beam
Kevin     Scolipede  Swarm       53  Brave   146 133 107 68  85  127  Return / Poison Jab / Megahorn / Iron Defense
MASK DE   Cofagrigus Mummy       50  Relaxed 127 67  174 116 118 43   Grass Knot / Toxic / Will-O-Wisp / Shadow Ball
Con       Archeops   Defeatist   51  Hardy   163 161 76  130 84  125  Acrobatics / Crunch / Dig / Rock Slide
BENCH IS BELOW THIS LINE

Edited by General Spoon

A quick postgame update cause I can:

The fourth Great Audino Massacre began, this time in Great Chasm. I lost Trollicott to a training accident while fighting Audino's (one critkilled with Double Edge). I put Trigger (Reshiram) into my party, and I plan on killing until my party level is ~72-3. Need to go and get the Stone Edge TM as well.

Clear out Victory Road, do some leveling until my party hits Lv55, buy Full Restores, and head for the Elite 4. And after them, N and Ghetsis.

Grimsley: Such a loser I don't even remember what I did to beat him.

Shauntel: Used Stoutland and Serperior a bit to beat her. Possibly Archeops as well.

Marshall: I led with Musharna, and it used Lucky Chant while I gave it X Defenses and healed it, having it throw up Lucky Chant again as needed. She was then able to pick off Marshall's mons using Psybeam with impunity.

Caitlen: I think I used a combination of Serperior, Stoutland, and Archeops.

N: I used several members of my party against him. I lost Archeops to his Zoroak because I didn't realize that it would survive Acrobatics.

Ghetsis: I gave Reshiram X Specials and X Speeds against Cofagrigus, giving it Full Restores as needed. After set up was finished, Reshiram OHKO'd Ghetsis's entire party.

Harman    Serperior  Overgrow    55  Careful 167 111 126 80  130 149  Return / Leaf Blade / Leech Seed / Coil
Dan       Stoutland  Sand Rush   55  Lonely  171 149 109 71  107 108  Return / Aerial Ace / Dig / Crunch
KAEDE     Musharna   Synchronize 57  Bold    219 84  125 137 120 55   Psybeam / Shadow Ball / Lucky Chant / Charge Beam
Kevin     Scolipede  Swarm       55  Brave   153 138 111 70  88  133  Return / Poison Jab / Megahorn / Iron Defense
MASK DE   Cofagrigus Mummy       55  Relaxed 142 73  191 127 129 47   Grass Knot / Toxic / Will-O-Wisp / Shadow Ball
Coyote    Reshiram   Turboblaze  52  Bold    177 126 119 171 141 104  DragonBreath / Slash / Extrasensory / Fusion Flare
BENCH IS BELOW THIS LINE
DEAD BELOW THIS LINE
Con       Archeops   Defeatist   56  Hardy   178 178 85  145 92  138  Acrobatics / Crunch / Dig / Rock Slide

Final Thoughts

Serperior: A wonderful member I could count on to take a hit and dish out decent damage as well all game.

Stoutland: Could also be counted on to take a hit and dish out damage all game as well.

Watchog: Absolute beast when he was used. I doubt he would continue to perform well later in the game, but he is awesome earlygame.

Musharna: Absolute tank. Mammoth HP and good defenses, and a good special attack as well. Is also available for most of the game too.

Scolipede: A decent enough mon who can get the job done. Hampered for a while by a lack of high basepower moves until it can get Megahorn and Posion Jab.

Cofagrigus: A defensive mon that can be counted on to not die. A pity that this is most of what it can do for most of its existence due to its movepool.

Archeops: Does a wonderful job of killing shit.

Reshiram: Why bother writing something here?

Nothing really groundbreaking happened in Chargestone Cave the tower or the gym. Palpitoad evolved but nobody really did much more than self improvement and killed shit. Solosis evolved and its HP is actually ice, which I used to kill the two Unfezants in the gym. Speaking of Unfezant high basically 1hko'd everything in the gym it fought but Swana.

Emboar 38- Self improvement,

Unfezant 38- Aerial Ace Return Fly Quick attack, self improvement and it no longer needs to fuck around with special attacks

Gigalith 36- Self improvement.

Sesmitoad 36- Good job handling the 2nd have of Chargestone Cave.

Duosion 36-I'm gaining more confidence in it now. Its more sturdy and does have great special attack. (Psyshock HP-Ice Future Sight Recover)

Escavlier 35-Did a bit of battling with Celestial Tower's trainers, so basically self improvement. (Aerial Ace X-Scissor Bug Buzz Slash)

So, I think I broke the game a bit. I finished the 4th Great Audino Massacre, getting most of my party members to above Lv75, (aside from Reshiram, who got to 71), and went to knock out some idiots. First on the list was Cheren, with little difficulty. Then I went to smash Morimoto, also really easy. Then I went, "Screw this, lets bash up the Elite 4 and Alder." So, here's the breakdown:

Item setup and Movesets

Sawk: Leftovers/ Brick Break, Stone Edge, Close Combat and Return

Serperior: Rocky Helmet/ Return, Coil, Leaf Storm and Leaf Blade

Galvantula: Expert Belt/ Thunder, Discharge, Bug Buzz and Charge Beam

Chandelure: Spell Tag/ Fire Blast, Flame Burst, Shadow Ball and Energy Ball

Reshiram: Scope Lens/ Fusion Flare, Flamethrower, Fire Blast and Dragon Pulse

Elite Four 1: Shantual

Chandelure was key here. OHKO'ed Cofagrigus with Shadow Ball. Jellicent went up against Serperior, and got smashed. Reshiram took out Froslass. Serperior made a return against Golurk, smashed it as well. Chandelure took out her Chandelure and Drifblim with OHKO'ing Shadow Balls. Easy done.

Elite Four 2: Marshal

This was fun. Chandelure OHKO'ed Breloom with Fire Blast, Serperior Coiled against Sawk (who used Close Combat), then KO'ed it with Leaf Blade. Mienshao came in, I Coiled again, and then OHKO'ed it with Leaf Blade. Toxicroak almost killed Serperior (2HP!), but I managed to kill it. Sawk came to replace Serperior for Throh, and I bought out Galvantula for Conkeldurr. Paralysis through Thunder, paralysis grip, and it went down just like that.

Elite Four 3: Grimsley

Sawk led against Sharpedo, almost managing to be killed by Waterfall. OHKO with Brick Break. Liepard come out, and met the same fate. Krookodile had me keep Sawk in, only to swap it out immediately with Serperior. Serperior dealt with the Outraging Krookodile easily. I swapped to Galvantula for Scrafty. A bad idea, as I found out that Fighting is resistant to Bug. Scrafty Head Smashed Galvantula, almost KO'ing it outright. But, it needed to heal after, and Galvantula cleaned it up easily. Reshiram took on Drapion and almost died as well, but still Ko'ed it comfortably. Bisharp met Brick Break from Sawk.

Elite Four 4: Caitlin

What a joke. Chandelure traded blows with Musharna, Shadow Ball against Hypnosis. Some healing later, and Chandelure beat it. Metagross found itself on the receiving end of Chandelure's Fire Blast, Reinculus a Shadow Ball, Bronzong Fire Blast, Gothitelle Shadow Ball, and Sigilyph another Shadow Ball. What a bore.

Champion Alder:

Not really that hard. Reshiram Fire Blasted Accelgor for a OHKO, Serperior juggled Coils against Druddigon, and came out the victor. Volcarona got hit with Stone Edge. Chandelure got to Fire Blast Escavalier for another OHKO. Sawk traded a blow with Bouffalant, and beat it easily, and Vanilluxe got shattered by Close Combat for lulz. E4R2 beaten! Time: 32:46.

Stats after E4R2:

Snide      Serperior  Overgrow     78 Lax     261 153 187 144 146 200
Karte      Sawk       Inner Focus  81 Docile  253 244 139 77  141 175
Creeper    Galvantula Compoundeyes 78 Modest  236 135 122 190 107 192
Melter     Chandelure Flash Fire   76 Serious 218 124 166 234 160 150
Trigger    Reshiram   Turboblaze   72 Hardy   249 186 151 221 179 148

And time for another analysis!

Serperior: Makes a great wall, and did carry through for me during E4R2. Still a great choice for a starter.

Sawk: Still an absolute killing machine, but a bit more care must be taken, otherwise he will be lost.

Galvantula: Still pretty ridiculous with 91% Thunders, but not particularly useful otherwise. It is fast, I'll give it that.

Chandelure: Another smashing machine, almost the same as Sawk, but a touch slower and hits SpD. Really useful.

Reshiram: It's really underwhelming when it has a neutral nature. Plus SpA nature makes it so much better, but it was basically slightly weaker offensively than Chandelure (in power and type coverage), and slightly stronger defensively (and even that is stretching it a little).

Ranked in order:

Sawk=Chandelure

Serperior

Galvantula

Reshiram

So what changed? Chandelure is ranked higher for being more useful, and so is Serperior. Surprising that Reshiram was the worst team member.

I still need to beat Cynthia, stay tuned for that.

Edited by Mist