The Next Fire Emblem

Hash Jar

Who here is hoping that the reason IS hasn't released or even announced another FE for console is because they've been working on a massively epic FE for nintendo's upcoming console? In HD. I know I am. I expect something massive and online. Boy would that be awesome.

Really? I thought they didn't announce anything is because they had their hands full translating the massive FE12, I could be wrong though. Something I DON'T want is another remake, Jugdral series to be precise, it'd be censored to hell. Also, I'm quite happy with the relatively "small" fanbase it has.

Other than that, I just want my normal FE. Online would be a plus, but the main story gameplay better not change a bit.

Edited by Axefighter Maji

They've remade literally ONE GAME. FE3 Book One with the added shit of the original and Book Two with the added shit of BSFE and what is presumably molten genius. You have NO BASIS on which to say they are getting less creative.

You'd think that considering how these being remakes of games that never came outside of Japan, the only ones with a right to complain about unoriginality would be the Japanese...

Then again, emulation exists....

I'd love for them to do something with Holy War and Thracia, in a style like Metroid Prime Collection, getting both games in one. There probably is a way to fix FE4 to make it more suitable for Western audiences, and I wouldn't doubt that the same wouldn't sell well.

Yeah, but FE4 has implied incest (Elto/Rackesis), full incest (well, mind-wiped Diadora/Alvis, at any rate), the slaughter of...well...everyone of the 'good guys' halfway through the game, etc.

It's highly unlikely that it'll EVER make its way officially into the west. I mean, seriously, if a game gets rated M for violence and swearing, what the HELL will it get?

Personally, I want a new continent. New story, etc.

...and maybe, just a little bit, a fusion of FE7 and FE6 in chronological order. That would be awesome. In fact, if they made an FE4/5 remake, I would want it to be one game in chronological order with the same features. In other words:

FE4 part one - FE5 - FE4 part two

And FE4 with Capture would be...interesting, to say the least.

That's absolutely nothing but wishful thinking in that opening. It'd be cool and all, but you really should not get your hopes up.

Really? I thought they didn't announce anything is because they had their hands full translating the massive FE12, I could be wrong though. Something I DON'T want is another remake, Jugdral series to be precise, it'd be censored to hell. Also, I'm quite happy with the relatively "small" fanbase it has.

Other than that, I just want my normal FE. Online would be a plus, but the main story gameplay better not change a bit.

The people that translate the game aren't the same people making it. Generally it's the Japanese branch that makes the games, and the Nintendo branches in their respective countries that localize it.

Who here is hoping that the reason IS hasn't released or even announced another FE for console is because they've been working on a massively epic FE for nintendo's upcoming console? In HD. I know I am. I expect something massive and online. Boy would that be awesome.

This is IS we're talking about. It doesn't matter how long they take, they'll still half ass it.

That's absolutely nothing but wishful thinking in that opening. It'd be cool and all, but you really should not get your hopes up.

The people that translate the game aren't the same people making it. Generally it's the Japanese branch that makes the games, and the Nintendo branches in their respective countries that localize it.

I see. At any rate, IF (I actually hope it doesn't, but that's another rant for another time to offend people with) FE12 is coming to NA, don't you think they want to wait for awhile anyway until the next title comes out (which I hope with all my heart, it isn't a remake)? I mean, it's just me speaking, I'm probably wrong anyway, but why get the fans psyched up for a NEW game when you want their minds to be focused on the remake?

Anything but another remake! FE4 and 5 don't need to be remade. To a lot of people, they're already the best in the series in their current form. They've clearly been made right the first time. IS needs to make a new game.

I'd love for them to do something with Holy War and Thracia, in a style like Metroid Prime Collection, getting both games in one. There probably is a way to fix FE4 to make it more suitable for Western audiences, and I wouldn't doubt that the same wouldn't sell well.

That would be great especially if they added in some sort of explanation to your other characters at the end of Gen. 1, maybe in a BS style.

Also this isn't aimed at anybody but stop all this BS about implying incest stopping it from being released if you're going to then rant about the implied incest between Priscilla and Raven or Eirika and Ephraim pairings.

Even the Diadora/Alvis shouldn't be too bad here considering that most of the people on our money married their cousin/are descended from somebody procreating with their cousin, in for a penny in for a pound.

Also this isn't aimed at anybody but stop all this BS about implying incest stopping it from being released if you're going to then rant about the implied incest between Priscilla and Raven or Eirika and Ephraim pairings.

Even the Diadora/Alvis shouldn't be too bad here considering that most of the people on our money married their cousin/are descended from somebody procreating with their cousin, in for a penny in for a pound.

What implied incest between Priscilla and Raven or Erika and Ephraim? That's all fans taking small things WAY beyond what they actually mean.

All I can say for my hopes for a new FE is:

A brand new game with.

1. FE4 pt1 level story.

2. FE5 level gameplay.

3. FE 7/9 level character development.

Some others are fine just the way they are, even though there may be some exceptions.

Edited by LittleAl

What implied incest between Priscilla and Raven or Erika and Ephraim? That's all fans taking small things WAY beyond what they actually mean.

That's the point because unless my memory is failing me I don't remember any implied incest between Eltoshan and Lachesis

That's the point because unless my memory is failing me I don't remember any implied incest between Eltoshan and Lachesis

"God, I can't stand conceited men like him. I need a man the calibre of my dear brother.

That's why I'll never marry." - From Lachesis herself

"Hey, you there. Lend me yer ear fer a sec.

Wouldn't ya say King Eltshan and th' princess are a wee bit too cosy for siblings?" - speculation from a villager

"I've known your true feelings all along." - Conversation with Beowulf, possibly referring to Fin or Eltoshan

"What... his own sister fell in love with him?" - Aless talking about Lachesis and Eltoshan, Nanna replying yes

I think there's enough to give the impression.

A new game/sequel/prequel/midquel is something I'd rather have than a remake. Realistically, 2, 4, 5 and 6 are the only ones which could be remade.

Priscilla wanted to literally marry Raven.

Something I DON'T want is another remake, Jugdral series to be precise, it'd be censored to hell. Also, I'm quite happy with the relatively "small" fanbase it has.

I agree with this completely. Plus, I don't think fans will be satisfied if they make any changes to the game. The game still plays very well and I much rather see FEG remade instead.