Did anyone else notice this?

FE6and11comparison.png

The similarities of characters from FE6 and FE1/3/11/12? They look alike, seem to act alike (when they have lines), and most are even build similar. That's really weird. It's like they're reusing FE1/3 for FE6.

FE6 (and 7 to a much lesser extent) reused a lot of material from the Akaneia games. You might notice a similarity between Harken and Astram, and Isadora and Midia. There's also a strong similarity between Priscilla and Nanna, even though Nanna isn't from Akaneia.

Yes, yes I did, archetypes are just that awesome.

Oguma can learn a few from Dieck starting with removing his shirt.

Hey, Nice job. It's really cool actually seeing them compared directly. Some of these I had noticed before, like Marcus/Jagen and the cavaliers, but the resemblances are even stronger than I previously thought.

I always knew Lugh was a "Merric" archetype, but never actually though about them looking alike. Lot/Cord & Ward/Barst and Bors/Draug I never even though about them being from the same character model, but I agree that the similarities are there, and it looks like FE6 borrowed more heavily from the original cast than I realized.

Nina/Guinevere. is another one that poped right in my head that you didn't put up.

The character similarities (outside of appearance) are nothing new at all. FE1 built a strong cast that was used to inspire the cast of all of the following games. People have articles written all over the place discussing different archetypes based on the FE1 characters. It's interesting to read up on it if you haven't already.

They're called archetypes -_______-

Not entirely though. These characters even look the same. For instance, Noish doesn't look much like the other Abel archetypes, and Arran looks nothing like Jeigan.

Exactly. That's because the resemblance is intentional. Just compare the commercials. FE6 was like an old nod to the beginning of the franchise. Not only are characters emulating the original, but the plot also resembles the original. It's kind of hard to miss the nod unless you're ignorant about the connections--as in, unable to even notice them--or you have your own idea you'd prefer to see.

Exactly. That's because the resemblance is intentional. Just compare the commercials. FE6 was like an old nod to the beginning of the franchise. Not only are characters emulating the original, but the plot also resembles the original. It's kind of hard to miss the nod unless you're ignorant about the connections--as in, unable to even notice them--or you have your own idea you'd prefer to see.

Well, that's not the only cycle. Just as FE6 was a throwback to FE1, FE8 was a throwback to FE2... and FE9/10 had similarities with FE4/5 (namely, with the reintroduction of skills. Not really anything else, I guess.)

And what's even more interesting that just as the fifth game after FE1 was a throwback to it, the fifth game after FE6 was an outright remake of FE1. Could this mean that the next Fire Emblem will be in the style of FE2 and FE8?

Speaking of Horace, he's a general and you recruit him by playing his chapter without killing him, exactly like Douglass. Which means FE11 references FE6, which was a reference to FE1 that was remade into FE11 :blink:

Edited by Saloma

Don't forget Zephiel, he's similar to Hardin. Both start out good, then turns evil in the sequel. Both were hated (Hardin by his wife, Zephiel by his father).

The differences is Zephiel uses swords, while Hardin uses lances.

2emmkxy.jpgEmperorFE12.png

I think the main difference though is because the Darksphere pretty much controlled Hardin's actions. Zephiel just got sick and tired of the attempts to end his life by his father, and eventually wanted dragons to rule Elibe. (And if he wanted dragons to rule Elibe, as long as he ruled the dragons themselves, then I'd say he's not quite unlike non-FE villains like Word Paynn and Ghetsis. Although, I'd say he's more similar to Word Paynn than Ghetsis. Considering the fact that he wants to start a dragon-human war in an effort to make dragons the rulers of the world.) Edited by LittleAl

Harken and Astria are both blonde prepromote Heroes that serve the main character's nation but appear as enemies and are also engaged to a blue-haired prepromote Paladin. They're so similar that I'm pretty sure it was intentional.

I doubt anyone here had mentioned this already but:

JORJUE.PNGKlein-1.png

Klein is very similar to George in quite a few ways. Both are blond-haired prepromote snipers that hail from the nobility from a very powerful nation, and come with a silver bow. Both are recruited in similar ways(In Book 2, George is recruited by talking to him with Gordin, while Klein is recruited by Clarine.) The only difference is that Klein is better, thanks to his HM bonuses and better overall growths.

SHEEDA.PNGThany.png

Also, I see some resemblance between Thany and Caeda, stat wise. Both are early joining Pegasus knights with good speed and luck(and in Caeda's case, excessive), but bad HP/str/def bases and growths(to be completely fair, 7def is good for a Lv1 peg knight, but both have bad def growths.)

Edited by darkandroid125

mareeta.png

Fir-1.png

Wait, wrong game to compare the two with. But notice the similarities: both had warrior parents, a father who wielded/can wield axes and are pre-promotes AND are playable, dead mother and black hair.