(FE5) Fire Emblem 5 Draft #2

Fire Emblem 5 Draft 2

Decided I needed a way to make this game more interesting for myself.

Rules

1. Uses Elite Mode

2. Free units: Leaf, Evayl, Glade in chapter 13 and his generic soldiers, Dagda and Tanya in chapter 8x, and Cyas or Sety(your choice)

3. Halvan can get the Hero Axe in chapter 1

4. Your choice of 2 units from chapter 4 + your draftees, not Lifis (if undrafted), are allowed for the duration of the Manster escape.

5. Undrafted units may not:

1. Rescue drafted units

2. Enter Combat

3. Capture units

4. Open Doors/Chests

5. Shop

6. Visit Villages

7. Be Captured

8. Use Staves

9. Dance

10. Steal Weapons

Undrafted units may

1. Escape Maps or not escape, either one.

2. Recruit Characters

3. Participate in events for items

4. Steal Items

5. Rescue NPCs/Undrafted units

6. Route choice is up to you.

7. 4 drafters (Myself + 3 others) Teams of 12 each

8. Snake order drafting [1 2 3 4 4 3 2 1]

9. Drafting order is Random

10. Please update somewhat frequently

11. You must draft within 24 hours of the last pick or I will pick for you, and you don't want that to happen.

12. Gaidens are required, except for chapter 24x or a 20 turn penalty will be eaten, Gaiden turns under 20 will be not counted.

13. Leaf may not moved by staff use until chapter 20. All others can be warped.

14. Nanna may recruit Homer without penalty if you have drafted Homer or Shanam

[spoiler=(Penalties thank you to Pyschology)]Chapter 1: Halvin (2), Othin (3), Fin (4), Dagda (5), Tania (2), Marty (3)

Chapter 2: Ronin (3)

Chapter 3: Lifis (4), Safy (4)

Chapter 4: Felgus (4), Brighton (5), Machua (4), Karin (3), Dalsin (2)

Chapter 4x: Asvel (3)

Chapter 5: Nanna (3)

Chapter 6: Karin (5), Hicks (4)

Chapter 7: Shiva (4), Fin (4), Safy (4), Lara (4)

Chapter 8: Carrion (3), Marty (3)

Chapter 9: Selphina (4), Alva (3), Kein (3), Robert (2)

Chapter 11x: Fred (4), Olwen (5)

Chapter 12: Mareeta (4)

Chapter 12x: Salem (4), Pahn (5), Trewd (3), Tina (4), If promoted to Dancer, Lara now has a 6 turn penalty per chapter.

Chapter 13: Glade (4)

Chapter 14: Eda (4), Dean (5), Homeros (4)

Chapter 14x: Linoan (3)

Chapter 15: Ralph (4)

Chapter 16A: Sleuf (4), Eyrios (4)

Chapter 16B: Shanam (5), Sara (4), Miranda (3)

Chapter 17A: Sara (3)

Chapter 18: Xavier (5)

Chapter 19: Amalda (6), Conomore (5)

Chapter 21: Delmund (5)

Chapter 23: Cyas (5), Sety (7)

Chapter 24: Galzus (6)

Drafting Order

1. Second Pronoun Team:Saphy,Havan,Karin,Tina,Dean,Eda,Tanya,Ronan,Marty,Ralph,Delmud,Shanam

2. Soul Team:Fin,Brighton,Nanna,Pahn,Machua,Homeros,Linoan,Kein,Trewd,Glade,Misha,Miranda

3. Kiriane Team:Othin,Lifis,Salem,Shiva,Sara,Olwen,Carrion,Hicks,Alva,Selfina,Amalda,Conomore

4. Oval Team:Felgus,Asvel,Dagda,Lara,Mareeta,Sleuf,Eyrios,Galzus,Fred,Robert,Dalsin,Xavier

Edited by second pronoun

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, this looks like fun. It was about time I did a speed-playthrough of FE5 anyway.

Being in a non-American timezone, the drafting will probably end up spread over several days, though I won't hit the 24-hour rule. Okay?

EDIT: by the way, it doesn't make sense to give everyone Sety but not Galzus, does it?

Edited by Kiriane

I'm in, and I'd ask that if anyone goes over the time limit you make a reasonable pick for them so they don't get stuck with Miranda or something. Also is warpskipping allowed? If so I know my first pick.

Edit: adding the rules in a better format for myself.

Rules

Uses Elite Mode

Free units: Leaf, Evayl, Glade in chapter 13 and his generic soldiers, Dagda and Tanya in chapter 8x, and Cyas or Sety(your choice)

Halvan can get the Hero Axe in chapter 1

Your choice of 2 units from chapter 4 + your draftees, not Lifis (if undrafted), are allowed for the duration of the Manster escape(Chapter 4-7).

Undrafted units may not:

Rescue drafted units

Enter Combat

Capture units

Open Chests/Doors

Shop

Visit Villages

Be Captured

Use Staves

Dance

Steal Weapons

Undrafted units may

Escape Maps or not escape, either one.

Recruit Characters

Participate in events for items

Steal Items

Rescue NPCs/Undrafted units

Route choice is up to you.

Gaidens are required, except for chapter 24x or a 20 turn penalty will be eaten, Gaiden turns under 20 will be not counted.

Leaf may not moved by staff use until chapter 20. All others can be warped.

Edited by oval

Eh, 24 hours is plenty reasonable. Besides, there's such a thing as giving the next participant a list. If you still get Miranda after that, it's your own fault. Also, why wouldn't warpskipping be allowed?

EDIT AGAIN >.> Define the Manster escape, exactly? Oh, and if you didn't get it from the above post, I'm in.

Edited by Kiriane

Also, why wouldn't warpskipping be allowed?

Just making sure is all. That and I thought that the other FE5 draft banned it, but that was the FE:SD one.

Also looks like we got all four people needed to get this started. Just gotta wait for TC.

Manster escape should be from 4-7.

Edited by oval

Manster escape is chapter 4 to chapter 7

Cyas and Sety are Mutually exclusive and I wanted 48 units for the draft(it divides by 4), plus it guarantees every one at least one unit with A rank staves

Edited by second pronoun

lol denied

Warp use should be banned altogether. Saphy is auto-win, especially on Elite Mode where she reaches promotion for A staves in no time (even moreso if she gets the Elite M). The next best Warp user is Salem, who requires you to capture a bunch of Physic staves to spam and misses out on all maps before chapter 15. Non-Saphy Warp users also only get to use 1 Warp staff until chapter 17A.

Seriously - unless this rule is enforced, all other participants may as well forfeit.

Edited by dondon151

Warp use should be banned altogether. Saphy is auto-win, especially on Elite Mode where she reaches promotion for A staves in no time (even moreso if she gets the Elite M). The next best Warp user is Salem, who requires you to capture a bunch of Physic staves to spam and misses out on all maps before chapter 15. Non-Saphy Warp users also only get to use 1 Warp staff until chapter 17A.

Seriously - unless this rule is enforced, all other participants may as well forfeit.

I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of this draft, given that TC went first and scooped her up.

what? :(

Oh my bad but you said I might want to play this so I was confused

Seriously in the last draft the person who chose Saphy didn't win. I said warp-skipping was okay before I put random.org to work. By luck of the draw I chose first. Warps are limited in number for a good portion of the game so I don't understand what is wrong with warping. Sleuf can use A staves and so can others if you try hard enough. Not warp-skipping makes some of the last chapters very hard and I have problems beating them without the warp staff, I am not a God at this game like some people, me picking Safy is within my rules and my rules are staying that way

Edited by second pronoun

Silvercrow only lost two turns against Lancelot Sivercrow had Saphy, and he would've won without taking an accidental penalty he didn't mind correctong.

Silvercrow only lost by 2 turns to Lancelot, and Lancelot had a lot more experience at the game than Silvercrow did.

Understand that warp uses are not limited over the course of the game if you have Saphy. Any other player has 3 uses of Warp before chapter 17A, and has to work to get some more Warp staves. A player with Saphy has effectively up to 18 uses of Warp before chapter 17A.

I will change the rules. Warp-Skipping is disallowed up to chapter 20 After chapter 20 warp-skipping is fair game. To reitterate you can warp all units before chapter 20 other than Leaf(Leaf may not be warped), and rewarping is okay(along with rescuing). You also may not rescue Leaf and then warp the person who rescued him.

Edited by second pronoun

Seriously in the last draft the person who chose Saphy didn't win.

Pretty much already answered by the people above. Ate unnecessary penalties that I didn't care about, made easily avoidable errors that cost turns, and most importantly, horribly underestimated what Saphy was capable of.

Another option would simply be to make the Repair staff free use (so Saphy is still first pick material but not so commandingly), but I think your compromise is fair.

Edited by Silvercrow

So...

rewarp Saphy to boss, or (more efficiently) warp Salem to boss

rescue Leaf

???

PROFIT!!!

I suggest changing the ruleset to "do not warp or rescue Leaf". Are you including chapter 20 in the warpskip ban?

That said, I choose Othin. And I'll give oval a list.

Haven't looked at PM yet. Going with Fergus and Asvel.

Edit: Kiriane gets Lifis unless he wants something else. Also I agree with Leaf shouldn't be rescued or warped period. Rewarp+ rescue= warp imo.

Edited by oval

Oh my bad but you said I might want to play this so I was confused

Then you could have asked instead of outright ignoring me?

I think rewarp + rescue is okay. It requires you to send your staff user into probably immediate danger and costs an extra turn (Saphy has atrocious durability). Using 2 staffers like that isn't even possible until fairly late.

EDIT: Rewarp also isn't even readily available until 14x.

Edited by Silvercrow