Best/Worst in the Series: Round 92

Overrated: Dark Dragon & the Sword of light, just for being a graphic whore this time. 8D

Really? FWIH most people don't like FE11's graphics.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You actually made this topic? I thought it was made very clear this would be a bad idea, and iirc, even the one who nominated it all those times decided to pull back.

I don't see any flame wars or anything like it going on, so...

FE5 = Thracia 776 (I'm as clueless about the 776 part as you are. I know that Thracia is a territory in Jugdral though)

The game takes place right before, and during, Gran Year 776.

Edited by Roxas

I think he's saying that FE1 sucks because it has bad graphics?

I find it terribly amusing if this is true.

I wonder why some people feel the need to comment on someone else's answer.

Overrated: Genealogy of the Holy War

Underrated: Shadow Dragon, honorable mention to Sacred Stones and Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Royal Ludroth

Overrated: Radiant Dawn

Underrated: Shadow Dragon

Despite much criticism, I like this a lot. Reclassing gives a much better chance of using worthless units like Archer!Gordin(despite still being bad) a chance of getting by on experience and it's fun to experiment with new unit classes.

Over: FE4 - Whilst being my favourite FE, I do admit that it sometimes gets a little too much praise.

Under: FE1 - Just because it's ugly and crude doesn't mean it lacks charm.

NESDolphMac.png

NESDolphMac.png

Not to mention, Marth's badass back flip he does when he uses the Falchion.

And fabulous translation of it.

Not to mention, Marth's badass back flip he does when he uses the Falchion.

And fabulous translation of it.

Name any other unit who has a unique animation for each weapon!

Underrated: FE Gaiden. This is not a question. I can count the number of people I can think of who have played Gaiden at all on one hand.

I agree, except I actually need two hands

Underrated: FE2

Overrated: FE4

Edited by Kiku-Ichimonji

NESDolphMac.png

...And there's the problem - FE1 portraits are absolutely horrid. Ugh...

Overrated: FE10. It may be my favorite game but the plot gets really dry after a while, and the lack of character development (especially the new characters) is weaker than FE7 and FE4. Also, Micky Sue

Underrated: FE5. It may be difficult but it's a hell of a game.

I'm going to be a dick and cast votes despite abstaining for the last two dozen or so.

I'm defining over- and underrated as whether or not they live up to the general spin they're given around here.

OVERRATED: FE5

Yes. FE5 doesn't live up to the orgasmic level that its proponents say it does. And its proponents are more and louder than they seem to think they are.

And it should say something that FE5 still managed to eclipse FE4 in my eyes for overratedness, where I used to hold FE4 up as the freakin' poster boy of this.

UNDERRATED: FE11

"Yes, Integrity, but you're a FE8 fan!"

Yeah, well, honestly the general opinion of FE8 is just about right. I like it more than any other, but I know how biased I am in the matter.

FE11 is given way too much flak for its blandness. It's dry as a matzo, yes, but the drab characters and skeletal story are stretched over some fairly solid mechanics and reclassing does a fair lot towards making the game better. I ain't saying FE11 is the best ever or even that it's particularly good, just that it's bashed more than it ought to be.

Edited by Integrity

...And there's the problem - FE1 portraits are absolutely horrid. Ugh...

How shallow do you have to be to rate a game's quality based on how attractive you find the characters?

Besides, for the time, that was some impressive shit.

Underrated: FE Gaiden. This is not a question. I can count the number of people I can think of who have played Gaiden at all on one hand.

Doesn't something have to be rated to be underrated?

FE11 is given way too much flak for its blandness. It's dry as a matzo, yes, but the drab characters and skeletal story are stretched over some fairly solid mechanics and reclassing does a fair lot towards making the game better.

what

FE11 does not have good mechanics. Skill is worthless and a joke stat, for instance. The game is easily trivialised by the ability to forge weapon that are effective against Armored and Horse units which are everywhere, and also by the existence of Warp staves.

The worst thing is probably the removal of Rescue, though.

what

FE11 does not have good mechanics. Skill is worthless and a joke stat, for instance. The game is easily trivialized by the ability to forge weapon that are effective against Armored and Horse units which are everywhere, and also by the existence of Warp staves.

The worst thing is probably the comeback of no Rescue.

Fix'd.

Now for technical stuff:

1.) Accuracy = Weapon Hit + Skill + (Luck / 2) + Class bonus + Weapon triangle bonus + Support bonus + Weapon Rank bonus

Critical rate = Weapon Critical + (Skill / 2) + Class bonus + Support bonus

Unless you mean to say not being able to hit and critical is a "joke" then Skl is indeed a useful stat.

2.) If you don't want to break the game, then don't forge the Horseslayer and Warpskip, easy as that, same could be said for FE9 for forging as much as one can make a comment on FE5!Warp or Olwen!Skl rings/Ambush/Dime Thunder.

Now, if you want to talk about bad mechanics, let's talk about FE7 where 8/10 things are support dependant (not to mention, the God awful way of support conversations, FE11 wins this bout IMO for being there from square one and not having to waste turns trying to gain support ranks), almost forcing you to send your squishy units to the middle of the battlefield to aid your attacker.

Edited by Axefighter Maji

Now for technical stuff:

1.) Accuracy = Weapon Hit + Skill + (Luck / 2) + Class bonus + Weapon triangle bonus + Support bonus + Weapon Rank bonus

Critical rate = Weapon Critical + (Skill / 2) + Class bonus + Support bonus

Unless you mean to say not being able to hit and critical is a "joke" then Skl is indeed a useful stat.

He didn't mean literally. 1 point of Skl adding 1% to Hit is a joke. It's half as good as the previous games, where even then it was a less useful stat.

Now, if you want to talk about bad mechanics, let's talk about FE7 where 8/10 things are support dependant (not to mention, the God awful way of support conversations, FE11 wins this bout IMO for being there from square one and not having to waste turns trying to gain support ranks), almost forcing you to send your squishy units to the middle of the battlefield to aid your attacker.

How is that bad mechanics? FE7 makes use of all types of units. But I wouldn't put it as "dependent" anyway.

He didn't mean literally. 1 point of Skl adding 1% to Hit is a joke. It's half as good as the previous games, where even then it was a less useful stat.

How is that bad mechanics? FE7 makes use of all types of units. But I wouldn't put it as "dependent" anyway.

inb4tenotherpeoplequotemeforattackingFE7

I disagree with this, look at the bases of some units, if you ask me, (looking at Oguma in particular) having an extra 11% to hit from the start is pretty good. :/ And with caps being near 30, and everyone having relatively decent growths, I'd say that's pretty damn good.

Very well then, I'll attack the way of supporting then, although if you do look at the calculations, it is highly biased towards supports. The thing I do not like is how one must waste turns to try and achieve a rank, and from there, you can really only have supports with one and a half people. Granted, most supports (minus lolLeaf) in most FEs only allow you to share three or less supports, at least you don't have to build ranks or anything. What about FE6 and 8? Compared to the shitstorm of 7, they're not as forced.