Sleep Settings

Hirondelle

optimal sleeping experience

1. Bare mattress on the floor

2. Music. Like a lot of folky ambient drone shit.

3. No fucking moron driving around at 3am like, "HUHUHU, everyone in this residential area should hear my shitty sound system"

4. No sirens

5. A lot of animal noises

6. Marijuana

7. Water

8. Bad weather. The worse the better.

I hate this loud city.

Edited by 6669`

Sleep best? A bed and a pillow is nice.

But really, I've slept on cold, hard floors with blankets or pillows before. It's /best/ when I have a bed and a pillow, but not much better.

Nothing. I could lie down on sharp rocks and still sleep well.

I'm pretty much the same.

A mattress, a sheet, a pillow and another pillow to place on my face - I hate light! I cant sleep if there are any light! I prefere the ultimate darkness! It's fine if there are noises, I dont care much about noise.

If Ga-rei is anything like me, he places the pillow half over his head, to cover his eyes. Probably pushes a bit of the pillow in so he can pull the end of it around to the other side of his head, which holds the pillow in place.

I've always done that, despite usually not needing to, but now I generally have to do it, since I get off work at 8AM.

Indoors: -Little amounts of light unless very tired.

-Cool interior temperature, often a table fan is good enough.

-Loud alarm clock depending on whether I need to wake up by a point I can't wake up naturally for.

-Music if my mind is in a restless state. Usually gamelan.

-A thunderstorm is fine too.

-Pillow helps but not necessary.

-Can sleep on uncovered stone floor if necessary.

-Must say prayers to The Shrike before sleep.

Forest:-Sleeping bag helps

-Near water/windy area or something so no bugs, or tent which is built to keep bugs out, or dragonflies to eat the other bugs (srsly, dragonflies probably rack up the most kills of any animal I've seen in a short amount of time, can be a lifesaver if the area is not TOO bug infested).

-Small pillow.

-Those foam things u put ur sleeping bag on.

-A beaver slapping the water w/ its tail is fine too.

-Friends, or just other human beings.

Snow: -Relatively little covering compared to wat most ppl require, but I like a hot water bottle at the bottom of my bag if I'm x2 layering.

-Ground slightly sloping w/ my feet on the lower portion and my head on the upper portion.

-Sled dogs to howl when the sun goes down. A wolf is fine too. But the wolves, not too close.

-Friends, or just other human beings.

Edited by SeverIan

when I'm tired, I can sleep anywhere at any time

if I'm not tired things like temperature, light and sound will make it take longer for me to fall asleep. but I could still sleep after a while with all that.

(but yeah, when I'm not tired, why sleep?)

also, in the summer I sleep on my back to keep it cool. in the winter, however, I sleep curled up to keep myself warm