Build a Skill!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's weird. Anyways, I have one similar to that.

Lend Support

Description : Supporting with a character will receive extra bonuses when adjacent to that unit.

Actual Effect : When C support, bonuses x2, B = x3, A = x4. Must be adjacent.

Capacity : 20

Usable by supported units. Scroll will be lost if the support is broken while equipped.

Especially that Volke becomes ZIhark's apprentice....considering that Volke is the professional assassin, you would think it would be the other way around.

It's level based, so the character with the higher level doesn't have benefits (Maybe only on A Support?). Also, when levels are the same, both get the effect. A better example would be Aran & Edward, Aran is lower leveled, and gets Wrath etc.

Geoffrey x Astrid would be hella funny.

That's weird. Anyways, I have one similar to that.

Lend Support

Description : Supporting with a character will receive extra bonuses when adjacent to that unit.

Actual Effect : When C support, bonuses x2, B = x3, A = x4. Must be adjacent.

Capacity : 20

Usable by supported units. Scroll will be lost if the support is broken while equipped.

Because +200 avoid supports aren't broken in any way. In fact, just something generic like a Wind x Water support becomes +6 attack/defence, +30 hit/avoid. It's a nice idea... but needs to be a flat x2 support, I think. Otherwise any chokepoint or place you can put two units adjacent becomes unassailable.

That's still 125 Avoid, or perhaps 19 hit/Avoid, 4 atk/def at A rank. Which is... not terribly broken actually but still, a flat 2x would seem so much nicer and stop the skills quadratic growth, which I'd think is better.

/Lazy naming.

Geoffrey's Command:

Cap:0

Available:Geoffrey only.

Activation:Units near this unit.

In game description: Being the commander of the Crimean Royal Knights, Geoffrey's leadership increases the efficiency of cavalier units nearby.

Effect: +3 Skill and Speed.

Renning's Valor:

Available:Renning only.

In game description: Renning's presence inspires nearby cavalier units to greater feats.

Effect: +3 Strength and Skill.

Holy Guard Commander:

Available: Sigrun only.

In game description: Sigrun, commander of the prestigious Holy Guards inspire nearby pegasus units to strike more efficiently.

Effect: +3 Strength and Speed.

Commander:

Cap:10

Available: Anyone with authority stars.

In game description: Assigns the unit to be the commander of the army.

Effect:Assigns the unit with lord/commander properties units that are important to the story/map will still cause a game over if killed.

Edited by Generic Officer

/Lazy naming.

Geoffrey's Command:

Available:Geoffrey only.

In game description: Being the commander of the Crimean Royal Knights, Geoffrey's leadership increases the efficiency of cavalier units nearby.

Effect: +5 Skill and Speed.

Renning's Valor:

Available:Renning only.

In game description: Renning's presence inspires nearby cavalier units to greater feats.

Effect: +5 Strength and Skill.

Holy Guard Commander:

Available: Sigrun only.

In game description: Sigrun, commander of the prestigious Holy Guards inspire nearby pegasus units to strike more efficiently.

Effect: +5 Strength and Speed.

Commander:

Cap:10

Available: Anyone with authority stars.

In game description: Assigns the unit to be the commander of the army.

Effect:Assigns the unit with lord/commander properties units that are important to the story/map will still cause a game over if killed.

Wh-Whoa! Huge boosts here! I think maybe it should be +3, since if together with the blood tides, Cavalier units will get +20 skill...

Pursuit:

15 Capacity

Can be used by any unit that can willingly engage in combat (including bow/ballista users at all times). This means staff-only units, herons, and untransformed laguz cannot use this skill, though combat laguz can still equip it.

Effect:

The user of this skill needs only 1 more point of speed, rather than 4, (after weight calculation) in order to attack twice in battle. However, all enemies now have the same requirement to attack this unit twice in battle. This effect is always in play and cannot be activated or disabled at will, like, say, Parity can. Can be negated by an enemy's Nihil/ Parity, whether the effect is beneficial or not.

The skill's mini-animation activates in battle if the user's or enemy's speed is 1-3 points higher than the opponent's.

Pursuit:

15 Capacity

Can be used by any unit that can willingly engage in combat (including bow/ballista users at all times). This means staff-only units, herons, and untransformed laguz cannot use this skill, though combat laguz can still equip it.

Effect:

The user of this skill needs only 1 more point of speed, rather than 4, (after weight calculation) in order to attack twice in battle. However, all enemies now have the same requirement to attack this unit twice in battle. This effect is always in play and cannot be activated or disabled at will, like, say, Parity can. Can be negated by an enemy's Nihil/ Parity, whether the effect is beneficial or not.

The skill's mini-animation activates in battle if the user's or enemy's speed is 1-3 points higher than the opponent's.

Wow, that's so cool! It could allow Ike to double many more enemies, but he will be doubled a lot more. :XD:

@I Eat Tables : I think the skill should exclude avoid supports, then.

Edited by Anderson88

Wow, that's so cool! It could allow Ike to double many more enemies, but he will be doubled a lot more. :XD:

Ike doesn't have any trouble doubling, and even Swordmaster probably wouldn't be fast enough to double him. It would probably be a lot better suited for a unit who is consistently borderline about doubling, such as Oscar, Edward, or Boyd (with a speedwing). And of course, completely ridiculous on Haar.

Ike doesn't have any trouble doubling, and even Swordmaster probably wouldn't be fast enough to double him. It would probably be a lot better suited for a unit who is consistently borderline about doubling, such as Oscar, Edward, or Boyd (with a speedwing). And of course, completely ridiculous on Haar.

In part 3, if he happens to get unlucky with speed, then he can double more units, is what I meant.

Ride-In:

Cap: 15

Available: Mounted Units Only(Maybe Hawks/Ravens too)

Game Description: Allows a long-range counter attack.

Activation: If attack speed difference is > or = 4, SPD%

Effect: If a mounted unit is attacked by a long-ranged weapon(i.e.: bows, hand axe, javelin, 1-2 range magic, crossbows, wind edge, etc), and the unit would normally be able to double the enemy unit, the unit can counter attack the enemy once. The in-between tile must be passable terrain(no galloping through walls!), but things like the gaps in the Guiding Tower(or is it Tower of Guidance?) would be passable by fliers. The in-game animation would show the horse or Pegasus neigh and the Wyvern roar(or whatever Wyverns do) and then quickly gallop/fly to the enemy and attack them, then return to their original spot.

And yeah... It IS like Counter on steroids.

got a new one xD

Jousting

Available to: Paladins

Activation: When you attack

In game effect description: increases damage while walking

Real effect: each time you move gives you 1 more attack on your FIRST attack. so let's say you do 2x5 dmg, you moved 5 tiles. on your first attack you do 10dmg and on your second 5 again.

got a new one xD

Jousting

Available to: Paladins

Activation: When you attack

In game effect description: increases damage while walking

Real effect: each time you move gives you 1 more attack on your FIRST attack. so let's say you do 2x5 dmg, you moved 5 tiles. on your first attack you do 10dmg and on your second 5 again.

Nice, that would be real useful in the Tower of Guidance, where some paladins struggle to one round.

First off, bring back Reinforce, and the godly Charisma skill.

Skill name: Retreat.

Capacity: 15

Available to: All~

Activation: Command "Retreat" appears when under 1/3 HP.

In-game effect description: Allows user to retreat when low on health.

Actual description: It allows the user to Retreat from the current map they're on when their health goes under 1/3 MHP. The user reappears next at the next chapters base.

Continue

Capacity: 10

Available to: Everybody.

Activation: (Attack Speed + Speed) - Enemy Luck. 0% if enemy has Nihil or Fortune.

In-game effect description: Continues combat for an extra round.

Real effect: Pretty much what the in-game effect description says. However, Continues can stack, making combat endless.

Continue

Activation: (Attack Speed + Speed) - Enemy Luck. 0% if enemy has Nihil or Fortune.

Real effect: Pretty much what the in-game effect description says. However, Continues can stack, making combat endless.

Cool, I guess this would be pretty sweet if you're trying to get lucky... does it use up extra weapon durability? If it doesn't, then it would be possible to go over 100 hits with Astra, assuming the sword is blessed.

Continue

Sounds risky... What if it activated when you were getting attacked by someone who totally owns you... That'd be a skill that could backfire real fast.

Sounds risky... What if it activated when you were getting attacked by someone who totally owns you... That'd be a skill that could backfire real fast.

That's why I didn't give it to anyone innate. Maybe it could be on some bosses for a challenge though. Continue!Ashera. Yeep.

That's why I didn't give it to anyone innate. Maybe it could be on some bosses for a challenge though. Continue!Ashera. Yeep.

Even if you gave it to say... A good cavalier. A good Cavalier is still at a huge risk when the enemy has a Horse Slayer... Or a good pegasus knight... or any unit that has a specific weakness to certain weapons or types of weapons... Or if a character with shit RES was attacked by a really good Sage... or... I'd only give it to Swordsmasters/Trueblades. Oh and maybe Snipers/Marksman.... Holy shit, imagine Shinon with that... He'd be more of a boss than he already is.

Haha, it still wouldn't be that bad because you need to be in "doubled range" to have it activated on you, since you're practically never doubled in this game.

No even if YOU activated it. You said battle goes for another round. So you attack again, and the enemy attacks again, if I understand correctly.

You could just use the same formula it has in FE4 to stop it backfiring so easily. I believe it's (if HP>24, activation=AS - (Enemy AS) + HP/2, else activation=0). I.e. it never activates if you're at low health. Considering FE4 has crazy high HPs though (60HP+ in midgame?) perhaps a lower activation limit of 15 HP?

Ah, I just realized that you meant that the enemy would also get to go again.

I see, but usually around mid-game, part 2 and 3 mainly, enemies don't exactly have a good chance of hitting, so you'd have to be very unlucky to have it work against you. It would also be devastating on a tiger laguz against a fire mage if it can't one hit it, *Cough*Kyza*Cough*.

You should just call it Charge... like what it's called in FE4 and FE5. Calling it Continue might get it mixed up with Adept.

Even if you gave it to say... A good cavalier. A good Cavalier is still at a huge risk when the enemy has a Horse Slayer... Or a good pegasus knight... or any unit that has a specific weakness to certain weapons or types of weapons... Or if a character with shit RES was attacked by a really good Sage... or... I'd only give it to Swordsmasters/Trueblades. Oh and maybe Snipers/Marksman.... Holy shit, imagine Shinon with that... He'd be more of a boss than he already is.

Generally, most characters are durable enough to take an extra attack.