After playthrough bonuses

Well, I've finished my 1st playthrough just hours ago, and then on title screen i've seen a new screen and new characters profile, for exemple laguz profiles.

Does each time you finish the game you have new profiles added or a new title screen ?

Do you have some kind of extra thing ?

For my next playthrough (just right now), HM, do I have to create a new file, or start from my last save ? Is it just the same thing

Other than that, dispite the fact last month I've done 5 or 6 HM playthrough in PoR, I have to say that RD NM was quite hard, not that hard but each map I had to reset sometimes several times to not loose a character (happened very few times in PoR mainly because fight RNG screwed).

Was it because of the unexpected reinforcements ? Way more ennemies in map so more complexity (?) to calculate damage taken ? Happened to loose tactical skills between the 2 games ? Insane murphy law in my 1st playthrough ? Globaly got srewed in level ups (Oscar and Titania lv 16 had 22-24 def and 17-23 res capped skl and spd only for exemple) ? The fact I almost didn't use any BEXP until last chapter (had 120 000 left before the last fight)?

Did you felt that in your 1st playthrough too ?

Bonuses are you get to use 2 new characters. I'd tell you but i don't weant to spoil you. Thats about the only interesting bonus. The rest is mostly music and what not. I believe some songs are acquired after you play through the game a second time.

If you want to play hard mode, start from your last save (should be a clear data).

Also, yes RD is harder than PoR. RD normal mode is a bit harder than PoR hard mode.

I thought RD normal is easier than PoR normal, Battle save...

And..? In PoR you didn't die as much so lack of Battle save didn't matter. In normal mode though you die at almost anything if you are not careful so even with Battle save you are still spending more time on maps.

After the first playthrough, you can unlock new scenes and characters. 2 characters can be unlocked if you know what to do. Not just that but some extra scenes (one which is pretty damn mind blowing in the Epilogue).

RD's Normal mode is pretty tough for me.

RD HArd Mode is pretty hellish, so if you didn't fare too well in Normal Mode you might want to avoid the harder difficulty (and in turn, avoid a ton of frustration).

RD Hard Mode is kinda irrating, IMO. Not hard.

The thing that I found to be the most difficult was the amount of reinforcements that they send after you in RD's NM/HM, sometimes I wanted to beat crazy Ashnard again rather then fight some of the hordes that magically appear form nowhere...

I thought RD normal is easier than PoR normal, Battle save...

Battle Save doesn't make the game easier, it makes it less tedious in terms of restarting. Unless you use it to abuse level ups, but you can do the same with PoR BEXP. RD enemies are still much stronger relative to your units.

Battle Save doesn't make the game easier, it makes it less tedious in terms of restarting. Unless you use it to abuse level ups, but you can do the same with PoR BEXP. RD enemies are still much stronger relative to your units.

Yes, that's what I founded too. In PoR you can position a good unit alone (even underleveled), take an onslaught of ennemies, it will kill anyone barely untouched ; in RD your units are superior to ennemies but not by a big margin so in the same case your unit will be killed (4 ennemies incoming at 30% hit, cannot absorb more than 2 hits, I particulary think of Edward).

BTW, I had some money problems during the game.

Edited by Repulsif

iirc cash is a bit more scarce in RD compared to PoR, but money isn't a big problem in either of the games.

It has to be managed properly though, I remember getting into cash problems until drafts came by.

It has to be managed properly though, I remember getting into cash problems until drafts came by.

I find that in every run, as long as I send some stuff to the GMs with Ilyana, I can manage to buy almost all the forges, skills, physic staffs, etc. that I want. The only problem is if I try to buy too many statboosters (such as the the Magic Drop in Part 1 and the Dracoshield in 3-2 or 3-3)

Ilyana (Haar and Heather or Neph and Brom for part 2) work wonders when you wanna get good stuff to the GMs. When i play, Ilyana is rocking the Celerity skill (allocated), Zihark's Adept, a blue Gem, An energy drop and an Arcthunder. Neph usually plays cargo ship too. She rocks Calill's Meteor, a killer lance, a gem (i think you get one in part 2. i could be mistaken.), and some other goodies i cant quite remember at the moment. This helps LOADS with cash problems.

A good way to help with money issues is to sift through your inventory and get rid of stuff thats either not being used or on the verge of being broken or skills that are useless.