What makes this the easiest FE game?

The thing is, boss abuse is ridiculously time-consuming and slow. BEXP use is readily available and easy to use by anyone. If you really want to boss abuse Sain or someone to promotion by the end of Lyn's Mode, fine, but it's gonna take you like an hour or two. Bexp is there, in the open, requires no extra work whatsoever to use. Even Valni requires you to work at least somewhat to level up your characters; with Bexp, there is no effort whatsoever.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, boss abuse is ridiculously time-consuming and slow. BEXP use is readily available and easy to use by anyone. If you really want to boss abuse Sain or someone to promotion by the end of Lyn's Mode, fine, but it's gonna take you like an hour or two. Bexp is there, in the open, requires no extra work whatsoever to use. Even Valni requires you to work at least somewhat to level up your characters; with Bexp, there is no effort whatsoever.

*shrug* I mean I didn't know how easy it was to promote Oscar in like Chapter 8 but I still never did it anyway.

Though, the thing is I remember having slightly more trouble in FE9 EM even with a ton of units promoted, whereas all my units in FE7 ENM weren't even promoted (if not that then they were just freshly promoted) and they didn't have all that much trouble.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

*shrug* I mean I didn't know how easy it was to promote Oscar in like Chapter 8 but I still never did it anyway.

Though, the thing is I remember having slightly more trouble in FE9 EM even with a ton of units promoted, whereas all my units in FE7 ENM weren't even promoted (if not that then they were just freshly promoted) and they didn't have all that much trouble.

You said it's been years since you played FE9 EM. When was this run of ENM you're referring to? If it was recently enough then obviously this is a case of you getting better over time and you could probably go back to FE9 EM and steamroll it in your sleep.

If you really want to boss abuse Sain or someone to promotion by the end of Lyn's Mode, fine, but it's gonna take you like an hour or two. Bexp is there, in the open, requires no extra work whatsoever to use.

Actually, Sain can get to level 14 or so in Lyn Mode without boss abuse, and can be promoted after he kills Lundgren. It does require feeding him most of the kills in Lyn Mode, though.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

You said it's been years since you played FE9 EM. When was this run of ENM you're referring to? If it was recently enough then obviously this is a case of you getting better over time and you could probably go back to FE9 EM and steamroll it in your sleep.

That's a good idea. I'll do just that after this chore and I'll get back to you on that.

Actually, Sain can get to level 14 or so in Lyn Mode without boss abuse, and can be promoted after he kills Lundgren. It does require feeding him most of the kills in Lyn Mode, though.

If I concentrate on Sain, he's usually around 18 at the end of Lyn's Story, sans abuse. Then I usually abuse a little since, what the hell, two more levels and I can come in with a free promotion item.

Someone said something about characters don't get to certain levels because they aren't as important as others. It's the players who decide what is important--characters not important to the player and who end up sitting out every chapter aren't going to see many levels, regardless of what their potential is.

Someone said something about characters don't get to certain levels because they aren't as important as others. It's the players who decide what is important--characters not important to the player and who end up sitting out every chapter aren't going to see many levels, regardless of what their potential is.

Bravo. Spoken like a true scrub.

i don't see how that's scrubby... first of all fire emblem isn't even a competitive game

Welcome to Serenes Forest. A few users here have stripped the fun out of Fire Emblem, and boiled these games down to a perverse science that involves both "Tier lists" and "Efficiency." Please ignore said users, for your own sake.

In other words, it isn't scrubby. People like dondon enjoy putting others down. Go about your business and believe what you want to believe.

EDIT: Also, Sain at level 18 in Lyn Mode? No fucking way.

Edited by chococoke

In other words, it isn't scrubby. People like dondon enjoy putting others down. Go about your business and believe what you want to believe.

Well, it certainly doesn't sound much different from calling that kid with Down Syndrome "smart."

Well, it certainly doesn't sound much different from calling that kid with Down Syndrome "smart."

Yes, well, playing a video game and perceiving the intelligence of a kid who's handicapped aren't exactly easily compared.

In this case, I'd say you would be better off letting said kid with Down Syndrome know that the way he/she goes about their business is okay with you, if a bit different. Fire Emblem IS supposed to be fun, you know. And this place isn't supposed to be a place where players should hold back their thoughts in fear of being called "scrub" by anyone.

Though, I suppose common courtesy sometimes escapes the best of us. It is a bit easier to call someone a scrub from behind your computer, anyhow.

When I don't feel like using a character I don't. First time I play I just use whoever and find that I groove into. Every play after that I decide certain characters to use only, usually randomly, to have more fun. This time was I wasn't using anyone in Lyn's Story other than Lyn and Sain (I think). Sain didn't get exclusive kills on everything, and there were other units being used... but for the most part, Sain took the brunt of most battles.

I also usually optimize the battles where I get the most experience out of any one enemy unit. If I can get three rounds out of an enemy, then I usually do natively.

I also usually optimize the battles where I get the most experience out of any one enemy unit. If I can get three rounds out of an enemy, then I usually do natively.

Nevermind, dondon. Do what you will.

Topic

Snarf is here too? 0-o.

Anyways, FE8 is far easier then FE9 seeing as grinding is much worse in that game.

I suppose minus grinding, FE4 would be easier, Sigurd, Lex and such

Edited by 3-13Archer

I've done a Lyn Solo of Lyn's Mode and she only got to like 14 or 15. No way is Sain hitting 18 in any normal playthrough.

I can get Lyn to ~14 without soloing. Granted I use no more than 2 others, but still. 18 is pretty insane, but probably possible if you just don't let anyone so much as enter combat.

Welcome to Serenes Forest. A few users here have stripped the fun out of Fire Emblem, and boiled these games down to a perverse science that involves both "Tier lists" and "Efficiency." Please ignore said users, for your own sake.

Being over-dramatic at its finest.

I mean you have a point, though you sound like kind of a bitch when making it.

And dude, I've been on here since the FESS death and i formerly did tiers and efficiency way back on FESS (when efficiency meant something different). The statement itself lacks scrubbiness.

Also, dondon's pretty chill, don't hate.

I can get Lyn to ~14 without soloing. Granted I use no more than 2 others, but still. 18 is pretty insane, but probably possible if you just don't let anyone so much as enter combat.

The thing is that it gets to a point where exp gains are so tortoise-like that there's really little difference between soloing Lyn's mode and using two or three characters. She starts to gain like less than 5 exp per kill at a certain point.