[FE10] Mega Awesome NM Draft (The ninth one)

Lilmik11

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules look pretty...unpolished here.

Ike, Sothe, and Micaiah are free, correct? What about BK for 1-E and Lehran?

I see the mention of this on the first page, but the useless "don't deploy undrafted units" rule is still in the OP.

For the love of God, how many times must I tell people to list what units can do? I don't mean you specifically Lilmik, no offense, but no one seems to like the idea of having a list of things undrafted units are allowed to do with everything else being off limits to avoid loopholes. Want an example? The Visiting houses rule. The Hand Axe in 1-1 is acquired from a Church, not a House, so with the current rules any unit can get that freely.

I also don't like the "Battle Save Abuse" rule because it's too ambiguous. Some people could find it to be too restrictive, others will stretch it to the point where it may as well not exist anyway.

EDITING: I've only won, like, 2 drafts people. I'm not that good.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

The rules are the traditional ones. Micaiah, Sothe and Ike are obviously free. BK is only free for 1-9. Lehran is draftable normally.

I have no complaints over what units can't do.

Edited by Saber

Technically a church is a house... if you ask a priest

I'm not a Priest and a Church is not a House. This is a loophole.

The rules are the traditional ones. Micaiah, Sothe and Ike are obviously free. BK is only free for 1-9.

"Traditional?" I've been in 4 RD drafts now (including the recent HM one) and BK has been free in all of them for everything. And this one even says he's free for 3-6, making him drafted for only 1-E. I don't mind because only Ike, Sothe, and Micaiah being free makes the draftees an even 70, I'm just sayin'.

I have no complaints over what units can't do.

With all due respect, you are not in this draft.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I'm not a Priest and a Church is not a House. This is a loophole.

I think he means "The house of God". Doesn't mean people from Tellius share that same belief. :awesome:

"Traditional?" I've been in 4 RD drafts now (including the recent HM one) and BK has been free in all of them for everything.

By "traditional" I mean those who follow the same rules to the first and original ones, with no modifications like free BK, Lehran, Herons and even HM. BK has only been free in the lastest few.

With all due respect, you are not in this draft.

I know. But that is irrelevant. I keep complaints to a minimum most of the the time.

I also don't like the "Battle Save Abuse" rule because it's too ambiguous. Some people could find it to be too restrictive, others will stretch it to the point where it may as well not exist anyway.

Yeah, get rid of this rule.

also, i think if somebody is undrafted they should be able to visit all the houses they want. It seems like somebody asks this everytime, but rescue rules are?

I think he means "The house of God". Doesn't mean people from Tellius share that same belief. :awesome:

The point is that it's a loophole.

By "traditional" I mean those who follow the same rules to the first and original ones, with no modifications like free BK, Lehran, Herons and even HM. BK has only been free in the lastest few.

Then you should have said original. Traditions can change.

I know. But that is irrelevant. I keep complaints to a minimum most of the the time.

It's not irrelevant. I'm fine with you making suggestions, I've done it before often enough, but there's no use in you "complaining" when you're not even part of it. Whenever I make suggestions or "complaints" in a draft I'm not part of I'm always sure to add "but I'm not part of this so if no one agrees with me don't worry about it."

I assumed he meant that Priests lived in Churches. Which I doubt, but I'm not religious, so I could be wrong.

The first and original ruleset wasn't that good, though. BK and Lehran are probably better off free, and I still don't think units need separate penalties (this is more of an opinion based off of fact, though). Of course, making BK and Lehran free means we have an uneven amount of units, and we can't change the number of players to compensate since we already have 7 people.

also, i think if somebody is undrafted they should be able to visit all the houses they want. It seems like somebody asks this everytime, but rescue rules are?

I disagree with letting undrafted units visit Villages, but it's a small point so I don't particularly care that much.

As for rescuing, I'd assume he's going with 'Drafted units can rescue whoever they want, but undrafted characters can only rescue other undrafted characters', since it's pretty standard and makes sense.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

I've drafted Bk before, and he's better than picking somebody like oliver to me. So the usefulness is there. As well as the 70/7 thing.

Edited by Fenrir

Red Fox, you're in. I also d'ont plan on changing any rules, they are, IMO, fine just the way they are. I wii do the drafting order very soon in a few moments.

Well, you're the boss, I guess. Just know that we can all have an undrafted unit get the Hand Axe in 1-1 without adding a penalty. You had already agreed to remove the "don't deploy undrafted units" rule and the Battle Save Abuse rule as it is is pretty much useless.

I'm just sayin'.

Well, you're the boss, I guess. Just know that we can all have an undrafted unit get the Hand Axe in 1-1 without adding a penalty. You had already agreed to remove the "don't deploy undrafted units" rule and the Battle Save Abuse rule as it is is pretty much useless.

I'm just sayin'.

rf, out of all the active mods. you just became my favorite.

btw, draft order is...?

Edited by Fenrir

rf, out of all the active mods. you just became my favorite.

*Curtsy*

And you fail to mention the tents in 3-supplyburning.

Aren't all Visit squares flagged Visit, anyway? Or is that FE9?

No. I noticed this specifically in the Transfers draft. The space from which you get the Hand Axe in 1-1 is labeled "Church." Although I think the 3-3 tents are labeled "Visit," possibly because you can't actually Visit all of them.

Here is the drafting order:

7-Red Fox Of Fire

1-Lilmik11

6-Psykitty

5-Fenrir

2-Radiant Kitty

3-Anderson88

4-Jhen Mohran

Whatever if the house in 1-1 is labelled <<church>>, it's still a house that you VISIT, let's not start to play with words please.

Here is the drafting order:

7-Red Fox Of Fire

1-Lilmik11

6-Psykitty

5-Fenrir

2-Radiant Kitty

3-Anderson88

4-Jhen Mohran

So I'm first? Awesome! Haar it is.

Whatever if the house in 1-1 is labelled <<church>>, it's still a house that you VISIT, let's not start to play with words please.

No. It is not a House. It is a Church. The rules say we cannot visit Houses and say nothing about Churches. Therefore, we can visit this Church. This is what I'm saying about loopholes and this is why rules should be written based on what non-draftees can do, not what they can't do.

You never said no Churching, which is what the square apparently is.

I ordinarily wouldn't butt my ass in here since I think the Opposition is being unreasonable (spirit of the law not the letter etc. etc.) but you're playing the stretchy game just as much as RFoF is.

EDIT: Heh, that didn't make sense. Fixed.

Edited by Integrity

So I'm first? Awesome! Haar it is.

I thought she'd win anyways but now...

MIST BADGE! YAYA NO MORE MAK, BUT SHIT ITS MIST!

Edited by Fenrir

I also edited the rules so that churches can't be visited by the non-draftees.

I'd be REALLY careful with this, dude. Psych tried to pull something like this (editing the rules without clearing it first by his drafters) and the result was a massive cock-up, him not speaking to me for a week, and a full walk-out on his draft followed by Dokutayuu rehosting it not two days later sans Psych.

I'd be REALLY careful with this, dude. Psych tried to pull something like this (editing the rules without clearing it first by his drafters) and the result was a massive cock-up, him not speaking to me for a week, and a full walk-out on his draft followed by Dokutayuu rehosting it not two days later sans Psych.

Seriously? This is kinda silly. Whatever, visit it if you want, I just thought that it's something you can visit and the rules clearly say that you cannot visit with an undrafted unit.