[FE10] Mega Awesome NM Draft (The ninth one)

Lilmik11

Oscar's Spd cap is the biggest issue. Having good Spd alleviates a Str disadvantage (as do Axes), but being mediocre in both is bad. Jill also flies, so the investment is much better on her.

The only way BEXP "helps" Oscar more is that he hits his caps quickly, which isn't actually that good considering how low his Spd in particular is. Either way, this isn't really an advantage in and of itself.

What does 24 speed fail to double (besides Swordmasters) before Oscar can promote? He'll have some doubling problems in 3-P and maybe 3-1 (if he doesn't have 23 speed coming out of 3-1's base, he'll get it in 3-2's at the latest), but after that he should be fine until 4-E.

Jill may fly, but it's only irreplaceable in Part 3. Vika can ferry in Part 1 and we have Haar/Marcia/Hawks/etc. in Part 4. On the other hand, Oscar has many chapters of availability over Jill.

I meant that it's easier for Oscar to pad his Strength with BEXP than it is for Jill to pad her HP, Strength and Defense.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Base 21 Spd doesn't double much, even in NM. I think he needs to reach about 23 to start doubling consistently, which isn't that easy considering his average-ish power.

Its called feeding kills in 3-P. 22 speed, plus a level in 3-1 base and he gets 23 speed, he can have another one if we want capping his spd. His speed is no longer an issue and we probably have a strength level up since his skl growth allows him to cap skl as well.

Jill may fly, but it's only irreplaceable in Part 3. Vika can ferry in Part 1 and we have Haar/Marcia/Hawks/etc. in Part 4. On the other hand, Oscar has many chapters of availability over Jill.

I meant that it's easier for Oscar to pad his Strength with BEXP than it is for Jill to pad her HP, Strength and Defense.

Vika is totally around to ferry in 1-6...

lolwut? so only oscar gets bexp?

Its called feeding kills in 3-P. 22 speed, plus a level in 3-1 base and he gets 23 speed, he can have another one if we want capping his spd. His speed is no longer an issue and we probably have a strength level up since his skl growth allows him to cap skl as well.

if we feed jill kills, shes a godess. oscar needs it to be relavent.

So? we don't need her to ferry, Sothe can solo it in four turns easily. I have done it many times without ferries or shoves. (except 1-2 where he gets a shove from some unit)

also, he never said oscar was the only one getting BEXP.

if we feed jill kills, shes a godess. oscar needs it to be relavent.

Oscar only needs one chapter.

Edited by Jhen Mohran

We don't need a ferry in 1-6. Sothe can handle the west portion of 1-6-1, and he can reach the boss on turn 2 with a shove in 1-6-2.

When did I say only Oscar got BEXP? When did I ever even imply that?

What does 24 speed fail to double (besides Swordmasters) before Oscar can promote? He'll have some doubling problems in 3-P and maybe 3-1 (if he doesn't have 23 speed coming out of 3-1's base, he'll get it in 3-2's at the latest), but after that he should be fine until 4-E.

Wait, are you talking about drafts or in general? I think you're overestimating his rate of growth here. 60% is good, but it's not 100%, so only 2 maps with his relatively high base level is pretty chancy. It's probably easy enough in a draft, but when you say we have all these fliers, I don't think you're talking about that anymore, which means Oscar's problems are getting inflated. Yes, flying is "replaceable" in part 4 to an extent, but that's just pushing aside the hard fact that flight is miles better than a horse in part 4. Vika also needs to transform to ferry very well in part 1 (and you probably won't even choose her for ferrying either way). Oscar has more maps but on a different team and is never as valuable.

Jill's stats hardly need "padding." A Drop and Robe are mostly good to go for her. Her Def base is fine and she doubles fast. She can also get a lot of enemy exposure.

RFOF,it's your turn :)

Yeah, sorry, bunch of things happening at once.

Mordecai and Tormod.

Wait, are you talking about drafts or in general?

I'm not sure... In general I suppose, since in drafts Jill's flight becomes that much more unique and necessary.

I think you're overestimating his rate of growth here. 60% is good, but it's not 100%, so only 2 maps with his relatively high base level is pretty chancy.

If he ends 3-P close to leveling, he should be able to get two levels with BEXP (and Oscar's a good candidate for BEXP currently), which should give him the 2 points he needs.

Oscar has more maps but on a different team and is never as valuable.

And this is why I try to avoid debating RD characters.

Jill's stats hardly need "padding." A Drop and Robe are mostly good to go for her. Her Def base is fine and she doubles fast. She can also get a lot of enemy exposure.

Jill practically needs those boosters, though. And again, who's to say Oscar can't take the 2-E drop?

If he ends 3-P close to leveling, he should be able to get two levels with BEXP (and Oscar's a good candidate for BEXP currently), which should give him the 2 points he needs.

Well, since you're talking in general, I also have to assume you're talking HM. First off, there's no saying he'll be very close to a level after 3-P and we definitely are not dropping that much BEXP into him when we also want Titania to get more Spd.

If you're talking NM, his case gets better, but only personally, not comparatively to his team, so nothing really changes in him vs Jill.

Jill practically needs those boosters, though. And again, who's to say Oscar can't take the 2-E drop?

Another reason I need to assume you mean HM, since Jill doesn't need the boosters in NM. I never said Oscar can't take the 2-E Drop, but his cost is higher because he's not doing as much with it. A little investment pretty much turns Jill into a rape machine who can solo DB part 3 while Oscar is always being hindered by one thing or another.

Well, since you're talking in general, I also have to assume you're talking HM.

Hmm... that's a good point. I was talking about NM, but I suppose that since the environment in NM is kinder, there's not much use.

Another reason I need to assume you mean HM, since Jill doesn't need the boosters in NM.

PEMN sure, but I wouldn't assume the person who's never had a useful Jill in NM after giving her statboosters is talking about HM because he says she needs statboosters to be useful.

I never said Oscar can't take the 2-E Drop, but his cost is higher because he's not doing as much with it.

He's still a 9-move unit that can double though, so I'm not sure why he can't do much with it.

EDIT: My pick... Let's go with Muarim.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

PEMN sure, but I wouldn't assume the person who's never had a useful Jill in NM after giving her statboosters is talking about HM because he says she needs statboosters to be useful.

Yeah, I suppose. Without the boosters she probably needs to not be screwed at all. Either that or you just didn't use her right, but I'd rather not assume that.

He's still a 9-move unit that can double though, so I'm not sure why he can't do much with it.

Oscar is pretty terrible at doubling in HM, and no, he's never getting a Wing.