Best/Worst in the Series: Round 98

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...How does this make sense? They're almost the exact same thing, if it weren't for color and name.

It's NM. That's all you need to know.

Best: I always liked Falaflame, for some reason.

Worst: Gleipnir. blargh

At least Glepnir has ranged. What are you supposed to do with the Sol Katti?

Since when was the Sol Katti a legendary weapon?

Now that I look back at the comments in this topic: Since when are the Double Bow, Rexaura, Gurgurant, and the Mani Katti are all considered legendary weapons for that matter?

Edited by Elmer

Worst: Gleipnir. 20 weight AND requires one of the game's worst units to be used? DO NOT WANT. Dishonorable mention to FE7 Durandal.

Best: Let me think...

Not taking a statistical point of view on this, and my own opinion of cool:

Best: Tor Hammer- A.K.A Ban Hammer which = cruse control for cool cool.gif

Worst: Falchion- It's named after a common weapon, a bit anti-climatic for a legendary weapon. :/

EDIT: But if this is a statistical vote then:

Best: FE5!Holsety- mainly because Sety is needed more in FE5 than FE4 (shit, I don't even give Sety major Holsety* blood in FE4 because I like my ClaudeXFury)

Worst (choice 1 [if staffs count]): Valkyrie- because years of FE gave me a sense of honour, and refusal to kill + revive.

Choice 2: FE1!Falchion- Because the Miracle Sword is Marth only AND increases his growths and has a MT of 18 vs Falchion's 10 MT, one would think to use the Miracle Sword over the Falchion, seeing as the Hammerne Staff comes along shortly after with twelve uses, making durability issues null.

*Edit'd to make sense.

Edited by Maji

Best: Ragnell - It feels just so right for Ike to be using this thing as well as it being the first legendary sword a Lord wielded that is actually useful that I had seen at the time.

Worst: I think most of the Legendary weapons are pretty lame. Dunno why. If I had to choose I'd say the Siegmund just because.

Since when was the Sol Katti a legendary weapon?

Now that I look back at the comments in this topic: Since when are the Double Bow, Rexaura, Gurgurant, and the Mani Katti are all considered legendary weapons for that matter?

I could've sworn it's considered one in the game, but I haven't played FE7 in forever. Otherwise, replace Sol Katti with FE7 Durandal, and we're all set. ^_^

At least it's effective against the Dragon, which lets Lyn do damage to it.

And then the Dragon doubles and kills her because of the massive AS loss. Glepnir can be somewhat usable (Though that's an enormous stretch), but using the Sol Katti can lower Lyn's offense just by killing AS. :/

And then the Dragon doubles and kills her because of the massive AS loss. Glepnir can be somewhat usable (Though that's an enormous stretch), but using the Sol Katti can lower Lyn's offense just by killing AS. :/

The dragon has what, 15 AS? Lyn only needs 12 AS to avoid being doubled by that. 'Course, since it's Lyn, she'll have way more than that unless you were neglecting her. Gleipnir, OTOH... NOW I can safely say that'll murder your offense, since you lose 12 AS from it. Not good. Doesn't help that you have to use one of FE8's worst units to use it AND it doesn't even get effective bonus on monsters, which is the nail in Gleipnir's coffin.

Edited by Metal King Slime

My votes are more on the aesthetics though....

Best: Apocalypse! What's better than killing off enemies in a sinister black hole of doom with matching runes! I love the aesthetics as well... DO WANT!

Honorable mentions to Balberith for same reasons, Gleipnir nabs a part due to crazy meteors and a nasty portal of doom! Honorable mentions to UrvanGarm, Armads and Swanchika due to my Axe-biased reasons.

Worst: Aureola... GET THE FUCK OFF! Your bland magic light ray is just.... boring... *yawn*

Dishonorable mention to Gleipnir, although it's in my DO WANT list, the weight seems... eh... FE7!Durandal nabs same reasons from Gleipnir. Also dishonorable mention to Rexaura's LOL just falling ray o' light of boredom. Starlight and Ivaldi mainly gets away from my hate due to having great special effects.

Oddly... Gleipnir is in both of my mentions... Wow....

I'll also forward Mirron's nomination of Best/Worst looking Male unit!

EDIT'D!

Edited by Frostbite

Frostbite, I'll have to challenge you on your claim of chief lover of Dark Magic users. And how can you not love Gleipnir raining meteors on foes? I think you mixed it up with Gespenst, Gespenst just has a lightning storm and some fog. Not bad looking, but Gleipnir is the raining meteors one. :P But funny, you and I both love Dark Magic, but I dislike Axes. :P

What's with the Holsety for Worst votes? Because it's too good?

I guess that's one reason. I never actually got it myself, except this one time when I wanted to check FE5 Sety out without saving. I can understand why it is the most overpowered weapon/tome ever created but that doesn't prevent me from hating it.

Wow wow wow... The topic is Best/Worst HOLY/LEGENDARY weapon and we have people just blurting out random S(S) ranks... >_>

Frostbite, I'll have to challenge you on your claim of chief lover of Dark Magic users. And how can you not love Gleipnir raining meteors on foes? I think you mixed it up with Gespenst, Gespenst just has a lightning storm and some fog. Not bad looking, but Gleipnir is the raining meteors one. :P But funny, you and I both love Dark Magic, but I dislike Axes. :P

FIGURES! It was a typo! I just edited it now... So much for typing with a near-dead energy! >_<

To clear up Gleipinir, I'm kinda neutral to Gleipnir... The crazy attack and the cool special effects are placed on my "DO WANT" list, but the tome's weight is... on the "DO NOT WANT" list... If would be better if it's little more lighter.

I placed both what I liked on it, and the weight is kinda what I don't like... hence, I both mentioned Gleipnir in both Honorable and Dishonorable mention. But still, I'll need to know the flaws of what I like.

Edited by Frostbite

Heh, no problem. I thought you had them mixed up, since I knew Gleipnir did a meteor storm, but I couldn't remember Gespenst off the top of my head. :P But yeah, I understand Gleipnir isn't necessarily good mechanically speaking, it just looks awesome. Probably because the image it conjures in my head is rather awesome. Plus it looks a bit different from the other high end spells, or so I feel.