Best/Worst in the Series: Round 98

NinjaMonkey

Best: Sword of Seals

Seriously, what the fuck is this shit? 18 Mt (effectively 54 on Mamkutes and Idoun), 8 Wt (oh look, Roy takes no AS penalty from this thing), +5 Def and Res, 1~2 Range (only sword with 2 range), 95 Acc in a game where Acc actually means something (and that rivals a fucking Slim Sword) and you can heal 30 HP with it.

Broken, perhaps? Oh and 10 Crit, just to top it off.

Worst: Do the Sacred Tomes count? If so, Gleipnir.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best: FE5!Holsety- mainly because Sety is needed more in FE5 than FE4 (shit, I don't even give Sety major blood in FE4 because I like my ClaudeXFury)

That's still major blood, dumbass.

And then the Dragon doubles and kills her because of the massive AS loss. Glepnir can be somewhat usable (Though that's an enormous stretch), but using the Sol Katti can lower Lyn's offense just by killing AS. :/

On average, Lyn only needs to be 20/12 to double the Dragon with Sol Katti (20/09 if she got a Body Ring, but those are probably better used elsewhere). It's a bad weapon to use against the Morphs of course, but Lyn's not doing much (if any) damage to the final boss without it.

Just because some weapons are special, that doesn't automatically make them legendary. Alondite and Ragnell count as legendary because they were used by Altina. Durandal and the Sword of Seals count because they were used by Roland and Hartmut respectively. As long as the weapon in question was used by a hero in that FE story's past and is said to be a weapon of great power, then it should count. Right?

The Sol Katti, Amiti, Caladbolg, Tarvos, Lugnasadh, and the SS rank weapons in FE10 don't count because there are no legends surrounding them. Although some are noted to be powerful (like the Sol Katti) in their respective story, that alone does not make them legendary.

Just because some weapons are special, that doesn't automatically make them legendary. Alondite and Ragnell count as legendary because they were used by Altina. Durandal and the Sword of Seals count because they were used by Roland and Hartmut respectively. As long as the weapon in question was used by a hero in that FE story's past and is said to be a weapon of great power, then it should count. Right?

The Sol Katti, Amiti, Caladbolg, Tarvos, Lugnasadh, and the SS rank weapons in FE10 don't count because there are no legends surrounding them. Although some are noted to be powerful (like the Sol Katti) in their respective story, that alone does not make them legendary.

Caladbolg, Tarvos and Lughnasadh are NOT SS weapons, they are personal weapons of the DB, they are national treasures of Daein. Amiti is the Royal crimean sword. They are all not SS weapons.

"

Nolan

You're kidding me... it can't be! That's Tarvos, isn't it? That's one wicked-looking axe. I'd heard stories about the fabled axe of Daein, but to actually feel the heft... King Pelleas wants me to have it? I always did like that man. I'll take good care of it, don't you worry."

Edited by Vicious Sal

And where in my post did I say that Amiti, Tarvos, Caladbolg, and Lughnasadh were SS weapons?

And where does it say Tarvos was once used in a world-changing war that took place 1,000 or so years before FE10 started?

Edited by Elmer

Woops, I misread your post as "The Sol Katti, Amiti, Caladbolg, Tarvos, Lugnasadh, ARE SS rank weapons ." Sorry that I misread that. :(

Also, Alondite is a SS weapon, used in a world changing war. :P

Tarvos, according to your conditions, should be considered Legendary, as it is A wicked looking axe, has power, and there are fabled stories of it. It is a national treasure. It seems to me that at least Tarvos should count. And caladbolg after some people write songs about it and edward.

And where does it say Tarvos was once used in a world-changing war that took place 1,000 or so years before FE10 started?

Legendary (adjective):

1. of, pertaining to, or of the nature of a legend.

2. celebrated of described in legend: a legendary hero.

How is Tarvos, a weapon that is easily recognizable and well-known, as well as had stories written about it, not legendary?

Best: Ichival

Worst: Naglfar. takes too long to get

if it doesn't count, Swanchika. Not only is it unobtainable, that weight... =|

nominate one last time: best/worst verbal tic.

Edited by Luka Mefeline

The thing is, Tarvos isn't even in the Japanese version of FE10. Neither are Caladbolg or Lughnasadh. I'm pretty sure FE10's writers didn't consider those weapons when making FE10.

The thing is, Tarvos isn't even in the Japanese version of FE10. Neither are Caladbolg or Lughnasadh. I'm pretty sure FE10's writers didn't consider those weapons when making FE10.

How many of us speak japanese? gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

That doesn't change the fact that they're there in the English versions and that they're Daeins Legendary Weapons.

Just because you don't understand them doesn't mean they're runes. That's like saying everyone who isn't Christian is a Pagan.

Wait...

I think that's exactly how it works, at least originally. :P And runes is simply being used to refer to anything mysterious. Sounds better too.

But yes, I know plenty about runes and realize those aren't them. Though I've always felt runes would be associated with Elder Magic for some reason. Can't explain it, just seems applicable.

Best: Wishblade

I find it awsm.

Worst: Valaura

One does not corrupt Rexaura tomes!

How are either of those legendary weapons., exactly?

I'll allow them to be considered as Legendary Weapons.

Edited by NinjaMonkey