Best/Worst in the Series: Round 98

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, Apocalypse and FE7 Luna still exist.

There's Imhullu (but that technically doesn't count), Dulam, Hell, and Loptos. But they're enemy only though. Edited by Elmer

not like Pelleas had godly Speed to begin with, but every little bit helps.

Only because mages in general have poor speed, but compared to the rest, Pelleas has the highest spd growth (60%) and so has the best chance of capping it quickly. I agree its better spent on him as Lehran because like Mirron said, if you're bringing him in the first place, you're probably using him as an offensive unit than a healbot. I'd rather give a blessed Rexaura to Lehran, and delegate Micaiah to healing utility.

Hence why I think giving Balberith enhanced strength is kind of stupid. Heck, any non-physical weapon it's probably a waste of time (suppose you could give it to a staff so it hits harder on a counter, but that's pretty wasteful). But whatever, guess they decided that was the way to go, for whatever reason.

Hence why I think giving Balberith enhanced strength is kind of stupid. Heck, any non-physical weapon it's probably a waste of time (suppose you could give it to a staff so it hits harder on a counter, but that's pretty wasteful). But whatever, guess they decided that was the way to go, for whatever reason.

Actually, the +3 strength allows a secret character to reach 39AS with it (since he has 11 strength and 40 speed), so he can double Auras with it. So it's not completely wasted.

Best: Rexaura for the pretty animation

Worst: Gleipnir

Edited by Anouleth

Actually, the +3 strength allows a secret character to reach 39AS with it (since he has 11 strength and 40 speed), so he can double Auras with it. So it's not completely wasted.

Still, in light of that, it's a useless boost since that means you HAVE to take Pelleas to endgame for said secret character to use Balberith (and personally, I don't really think said secret character is worth the trouble).

Edited by Metal King Slime

So instead of boosting said characters strength, and giving the bonus strength to a weapon type where it'll actually be of use (and really, Balberith is more use for Pelleas than the secret character, since, again, Pelleas is going to be on the offensive most likely, whereas you'll want to give the secret character a light tome since the people who use light tomes are normally capable healers as well), you give it to the dark tome where it's only bonus will just be allowing you to attack more easily for one character who will use it in one chapter? I just find that... odd. I know about the secret character, but he really doesn't need Balberith, has the option of Rexaura. But Pelleas probably won't be that good at staff use to warrant dumping Balberith.

I disagree, because the STR bonus helps cancel out the weight from the tome, as said before, but it isn't only endgame, Pelleas loses less AS while training, which means his it isn't only for one chapter. As for the last chapter, trading is easily done, and even when not, Pelleas won't be doubling the auras, said secret character will, and his Magic is already capped, so his damage output is higher. So technically, it is useful to ditch Pelleas the last chapter, and let him staffbot/use an untrained sanaki's Thunder Tome.

I disagree, because the STR bonus helps cancel out the weight from the tome, as said before, but it isn't only endgame, Pelleas loses less AS while training, which means his it isn't only for one chapter.

Read my post last page. Pelleas has base 13 Str in tier 2 (can't get SS Dark for Balberith yet). Promotion gives him 4 for 17. Balberith weighs 15. Pelleas can't possibly get any use out of Balberith's Str boost.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Pelleas can't use Balberith before promoting though, and by then he'll have the strength to use it without AS loss even without the boost. So it's only useful for letting Lehran double Auras.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

And that's why I think it'd make more sense to boost the Magic stat, or possibly the Speed. In general, Strength as a whole is pointless for him.

I'd give the secret character Rexaura, since Micaiah/Rhys/Laura all make better healers than Pelleas, if just by virtue of them likely having a higher rank than he does.

Best: Ragnell

Worst: Rexaura (always preferred getting extra HP with Nosferatu a.k.a., Resire and it's not indestructable until it's blessed)

Edit: switching my "worst" vote.

Edited by Mercakete

And that's why I think it'd make more sense to boost the Magic stat, or possibly the Speed. In general, Strength as a whole is pointless for him.

I'd give the secret character Rexaura, since Micaiah/Rhys/Laura all make better healers than Pelleas, if just by virtue of them likely having a higher rank than he does.

If you mean staff rank, then he comes with the Ashera Staff. Then again, Matrona is pretty useless.

Best: Ragnell

Worst: Rexaura (always preferred getting extra HP with Nosferatu a.k.a., Resire and it's not indestructable until it's blessed)

Edit: switching my "worst" vote.

Sorry, but Rexaura isn't legendary.

• 2 weeks later...