So I'm getting this in a few days...

Actually, Syrene's pretty awful. Needing Silver to have 26 Mt is not a good start, and neither is it weighing you down to 12 AS, meaning you can't actually double things. And not like really slow units, I mean like...Anything with 9 Spd and higher. She does have her uses though, namely being a spare air-taxi for a map like chapter 20 where you can fly people straight to the throne.

By the way, to the guy who made this topic, hope you enjoy the game ^^ It's quite fun.

As far as Seth 'stealing' XP, so does everyone else. He's just worse at it because his payoffs are lower.

His growths are better than Franz's.

Syrene at least flies. That's more than a surprisingly large portion of the cast has going for them.

This is a little off the current conversation, but goes back to the original topic :P

I find chapter 19: Last Hope to be the hardest chapter. The Fog Of War makes it so hard. There are so many Mage Knights and Rangers down in the South Western Corner, that any unit with sub-par Res(a good amount) and any good Flier(My Cormag has died probably 2 or 3 times in my current PT on this level only) is at a huge risk. Anyway. I'd recommend bringing a lot of torches if you can. And a well-trained Rogue wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Edited by StinDuh

I'm just finishing up a prepromote run, and Syrene is easily the worst of them. Without question. Even after I leveled her up in the gorgon egg chapter, she's still a liability.

She can wield killing edges to boon her combat ^^' idk but I doubt she's the worst prepromote in this game. At least compared to other lategame prepromos Syrene is pretty decent.

Actually, Syrene's pretty awful. Needing Silver to have 26 Mt is not a good start, and neither is it weighing you down to 12 AS, meaning you can't actually double things. And not like really slow units, I mean like...Anything with 9 Spd and higher. She does have her uses though, namely being a spare air-taxi for a map like chapter 20 where you can fly people straight to the throne.

She's strong enough to kill Gorgon Eggs.

I don't understand how it's even possible for Syrene to die in Chapter 17 without deliberately trying to kill her.

Edited by Anouleth

Syrene is decent by the time she comes. She can be trained in a few tower levels to get stronger and better. She's like Farina, despite Farina being a Peg.

However, as long as Lagdou Ruins and Tower of Valni are available, there's almost no way to say a unit is totally a crap. Oh! Map secret shops are also available, the items are expensive but as long as you have a nice number of funds, then there's nothing to worry.

Edited by Quintessence

(My Cormag has died probably 2 or 3 times in my current PT on this level only)

Cormag has the assiest res ever. Why is he in the front where the Mage Knights are? Zomg. And if he doesnt have the Fili shield, even with his boss ass defense, hes getting kinda whooped on. Tana works over there though with Fili Shield. Her res is nice and shes gonna own stuff. (javelins!) I agree though, that level is usually the toughest for me too. It reminds me a bit of Battle Before Dawn. If you want that Light Brand, yer gonna wanna save the knights (at least most of them) and that can get tricky but Syrene oddly enough, helps in that department.

Cormag has the assiest res ever. Why is he in the front where the Mage Knights are? Zomg. And if he doesnt have the Fili shield, even with his boss ass defense, hes getting kinda whooped on. Tana works over there though with Fili Shield. Her res is nice and shes gonna own stuff. (javelins!) I agree though, that level is usually the toughest for me too. It reminds me a bit of Battle Before Dawn. If you want that Light Brand, yer gonna wanna save the knights (at least most of them) and that can get tricky but Syrene oddly enough, helps in that department.

Because its fog of war and I never know when a Mage Knight(or five or six) is just gunna pop out of no where. Like I said, investing in torches is essential. The absence of the Fili Shield is just my folly. I guess you could say I had forgotten about it. I still think this chapter is BY FAR the hardest in the game. Whether you want the light brand or not....

Just know that at least in normal mode, the Mage Knights only appear in the bottom left part of the map not far from where Riev is. That whole lot of guys that try to bumrush the "gates" of the castle. Swordies, Rangers, and Generals also appear over there. (and Great Knights) Cormag could kick it on the top of the map where the Heroes and Snipers (Fili Shield) are gonna come and rape stuff. ;)

Edited by Florina