[FE9 & FE10] Tellius Draft #2

NTNP

Marciamarciamarcia

RD Titania still shouldn't be free

Seriously, people need to slow down until that's clarified. NTNP never said to start the drafting because the rules still aren't set in stone just yet.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because "no, just...no". I can't explain why but it's URGH. Maybe Paperblade gives a more legit reason. But she's just doesn't seem appropriate to be free in RD. It's not like she's a gamebreaker.

Because "no, just...no". I can't explain why but it's URGH. Maybe Paperblade gives a more legit reason. But she's just doesn't seem appropriate to be free in RD. It's not like she's a gamebreaker.

If Titania is free in RD, I have pretty much no reason to pick any GM for RD purposes because Titania pretty much covers all that (especially with PoR transfers), and means their influence on turn counts is nil because they're redundant. It may not be the same as having, say, Haar or Seth be free, but it's pretty bad and I have not seen any reason for it mentioned yet it continues to be glossed over.

If Titania is free in RD, I have pretty much no reason to pick any GM for RD purposes because Titania pretty much covers all that (especially with PoR transfers), and means their influence on turn counts is nil because they're redundant. It may not be the same as having, say, Haar or Seth be free, but it's pretty bad and I have not seen any reason for it mentioned yet it continues to be glossed over.

Not that I agree with it (because I don't), but as I already stated, there was a reason put forth for it. Whether you think it's good or bad is another thing, but there definitely was reasoning given for it.

The reasons put forth by NTNP were: 1. To even out the units and 2. Titania being free doesn't harm the other GM picks too much because they're still great in PoR and RD (most non-Part 3 picks aren't as good in both games).

Note that I don't agree with the reasoning for #2, but it does exist.

Well it seems like everyone has finally made a decision then. PoR Sothe has become free for all and Titania RD has become draftable. Now we may start drafting, although it looks as though everyone else has already begun. We may begin drafting now although at this point we might want to ask and see if everyone still wants to keep their current selections considering RD Titania is draftable.. Its officially my turn, but I would prefer if we restarted drafting. If you want to keep your selection then just say so alright? If you want to change yours, then say so. IOtherwise I'll keep what you have selected and later when it gets back to my turn I'll make my choice too.

Oh, and the first post has some edits showing the rulings the drafters have made.

Edited by NTNP

Excellent. Now we just need to agree on 2 things: The BEXP limits for PoR characters, and what to do about penalties in early Part 1/3 chapters, as well as Part 2 in general.

Only one person has given an opinion on the BEXP limit, so I'll stick with what was original planned unless more people make an issue of it. However the penalties in part 1/2/3 are just +4 penalties per character like everyone wanted. Considering the particularly long nature of this draft, I can't imagine +4 here or there would change anything too heavily. However should anyone like to make a suggestion on it, then that's fine.

Only one person has given an opinion on the BEXP limit, so I'll stick with what was original planned unless more people make an issue of it.

I'm looking for a little more balance when it comes to them, since that's what they were originally proposed for.

However the penalties in part 1/2/3 are just +4 penalties per character like everyone wanted. Considering the particularly long nature of this draft, I can't imagine +4 here or there would change anything too heavily. However should anyone like to make a suggestion on it, then that's fine.

How about +4 here and there? I'm rather fond of not forcing people to take penalties for Edward/Nolan in 1-P and 1-1, Brom and Nephenee in 2-1, etc. It's not like those chapters are possible without them (1-1 only needs one, admittedly).

Edited by Radiant Kitty

I like the +50BEXP rather than rounding up to the nearest 50 and I think what RD suggested is a bit more balanced but I'm not sure if it makes a big difference.

I'm looking for a little more balance when it comes to them, since that's what they were originally proposed for.

How about +4 here and there? I'm rather fond of not forcing people to take penalties for Edward/Nolan in 1-P and 1-1, Brom and Nephenee in 2-1, etc. It's not like those chapters are possible without them (1-1 only needs one, admittedly).

First Paper Kitty are you still wanting Marcia or someone else? As far as the +50 BEXP given each level instead of just to '50' or 'level up' then that's fine. I believe it was accepted in the 'if no one disagrees' question. As far as the Radiant Kitty's suggestion, if at least one more person wants me to I can change it for everyone. And I have a slight issue with removing the early game penalties in RD. Removing those early game penalties greatly devalues people like Edward and Nolan, and considering they are only in RD that seems especially important for them to still be here because without those first 4 chapters of use, there wouldn't really be any reason to draft them until much later rounds. The same could be true for Brom and Nephenee, although at least they are in PoR.

Edited by NTNP

And I have a slight issue with removing the early game penalties in RD. Removing those early game penalties greatly devalues people like Edward and Nolan, and considering they are only in RD that seems especially important for them to still be here because without those first 4 chapters of use, there wouldn't really be any reason to draft them until much later rounds. The same could be true for Brom and Nephenee, although at least they are in PoR.

Well, the exceptions in Integrity's topic are something that I believe should become standard in any RD draft (albeit, they aren't quite perfect yet). It may slightly devalue some draftees (Edward and Nolan are still really good outside of the early chapters, though), but that's better than forcing everyone to take a bunch of penalties.

And I have a slight issue with removing the early game penalties in RD. Removing those early game penalties greatly devalues people like Edward and Nolan, and considering they are only in RD that seems especially important for them to still be here because without those first 4 chapters of use, there wouldn't really be any reason to draft them until much later rounds. The same could be true for Brom and Nephenee, although at least they are in PoR.

Personally, and some may not care about this, but I think it's kind of "bad form" in a way to force players to take penalties, aka I think that as long as the person is a smart enough drafter they should always (or almost always, since places like 1-8 exist) be able to get by without penalties. This is why I like the idea of free units in places like early RD, part 2, and 3-1 since no matter what happens there will always be people without units drafted for those maps.

As for devaluing units, that's inevitable. Just about every new rule added or removed is going to devalue some and value others. Edward and Nolan will still be good RD draftees (especially if only one is free for 1-1/1-2, because drafting one means you can use both), Brom and Nephenee will still be good overall, etc. It's not like it lowers anyone to Largo or Kurthnaga level value.

As for PoR BEXP, I'm pretty much fine with whatever you do as long as BEXP is limited in some way that still allows you to use it. Everything that's been proposed thus far in this topic is fine with me (as long as the +50 thing refers to unit experience and not BEXP used).

I suppose I'll try Haar out. I've never managed to have him in either a PoR or RD draft so it should be fun. As far as the penalties go, I'll wait to make a decision until I hear from the remaining draftees and what they think.

letting Neph/Brom be free in 2-1 would be fine. Not sure about 2-2

also I still want Marcia if that wasn't clear

Well, my proposed way to do free units would be:

Edward in 1-P

Edward or Nolan in 1-1 and 1-2.

Volug for 1-5.

Possibly one of the forced units in 1-8.

One unit for 2-P.

Nephenee and Brom for 2-1.

2-2 is difficult because you don't want to devalue Lucia too much. You could do, say, two non-Lucia units, or get really specific and say something like one of Mordecai, Brom, or Nephenee, and one of Lethe, Heather, and Nealuchi, as an example, but it's hard to say for sure.

2-E is another difficult one because making Haar or Elincia free just makes it too easy for everyone but not having either free can make it really hard without penalties on anyone who doesn't have either. I don't know what to do here, honestly. Maybe be one that just has to be let by.

Part 2 really just sucks and is annoying.

Possibly two non-Titania units free for 3-1, although that might be too much. I was never sure what to do with this one.

One 6 move unit for 3-3, same as always.

And I believe that is all that is needed considering the already free units.