[FE9 & FE10] Tellius Draft #2

NTNP

I think that's fine, except maybe just one non-Titania (and I only say non-Titania due to transfers) unit in 3-1

We only have 6 drafters so there's really not much of an excuse to not have one of Titania/Oscar/Gatrie/Boyd/Mia/Soren + maybe Shinon/Rolf to help out (I doubt Rhys or Mist will be of help even with transfers).

inb4igetnone

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my proposed way to do free units would be:

Edward in 1-P

Edward or Nolan in 1-1 and 1-2.

Volug for 1-5.

Possibly one of the forced units in 1-8.

I'm not sure a 1-8 unit is necessary (despite how much I hate that chapter), since Rafiel's free and everyone should have at least one other unit, along with the fact that there are quite a few units available that chapter.

One unit for 2-P.

Nephenee and Brom for 2-1.

2-2 is difficult because you don't want to devalue Lucia too much. You could do, say, two non-Lucia units, or get really specific and say something like one of Mordecai, Brom, or Nephenee, and one of Lethe, Heather, and Nealuchi, as an example, but it's hard to say for sure.

2-E is another difficult one because making Haar or Elincia free just makes it too easy for everyone but not having either free can make it really hard without penalties on anyone who doesn't have either. I don't know what to do here, honestly. Maybe be one that just has to be let by.

Part 2 really just sucks and is annoying.

One any non-Lucia unit is probably fine for 2-2, unless a player has no one there at all. However, if that's the case then they should probably just eat a penalty. At least it would prevent them from having to take multiple penalties.

I don't think there's anything we can do about 2-E.

Possibly two non-Titania units free for 3-1, although that might be too much. I was never sure what to do with this one.

One 6 move unit for 3-3, same as always.

And I believe that is all that is needed considering the already free units.

The 'one 6 move unit for 3-3' provision will work for 3-1, since I was able to complete that chapter with just Ike and Gatrie in 8 turns earlier today.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Gatrie is probably the best non-Ike/Titania unit there anyway since he's so beastly

I'm inclined to agree with you on that. Although only having Ike, Gatrie and the free unit (I went with Brom) in 3-3 is slightly (only slightly) irritating, despite the fact I have Celerity and two Passes.

I think I had that in the Standard Penalties Draft (which I still need to finish... I'm in 4-P atm). That was -not- fun

Yeah. Right now, Ike is literally one square short of allowing me to finish on turn 9. At least I can get Hammerne...?

Just throwing this out there, the galdrar bit in Rule 5 is a bit redundant since every heron is free, don't you think?

I'm not sure a 1-8 unit is necessary (despite how much I hate that chapter), since Rafiel's free and everyone should have at least one other unit, along with the fact that there are quite a few units available that chapter.

The idea was that there are enemies in so many different areas and it's a swamp and you have to protect multiple units from attacks either way...Going without a freebie would probably be okay, but since there are 5 choices if we go with it the way I proposed, I don't think it would be a real issue.

One any non-Lucia unit is probably fine for 2-2, unless a player has no one there at all. However, if that's the case then they should probably just eat a penalty. At least it would prevent them from having to take multiple penalties.

Agreed.

The 'one 6 move unit for 3-3' provision will work for 3-1, since I was able to complete that chapter with just Ike and Gatrie in 8 turns earlier today.

Agreed.

The idea was that there are enemies in so many different areas and it's a swamp and you have to protect multiple units from attacks either way...Going without a freebie would probably be okay, but since there are 5 choices if we go with it the way I proposed, I don't think it would be a real issue.

The combination of the Swamp and losing if all of the Prisoners die and Dracoknights that avoid your units make this a difficult chapter to plan around in drafts. However, this chapter is a large part of Nailah's (less so in her case) and the LEA's availability, so I'd rather not make any of them free here. We could make Volug free, but there's lots of 2-range in the west, plus he can't ORKO the Brigands, so I'm not sure how much use he'd be.

The combination of the Swamp and losing if all of the Prisoners die and Dracoknights that avoid your units make this a difficult chapter to plan around in drafts. However, this chapter is a large part of Nailah's (less so in her case) and the LEA's availability, so I'd rather not make any of them free here. We could make Volug free, but there's lots of 2-range in the west, plus he can't ORKO the Brigands, so I'm not sure how much use he'd be.

Drafting any of them just means you get an extra unit on the map. That's why I didn't specify any of them, because depending on your team you might want a different unit (if you have Volug you might choose Tormod over Nailah, for example). The LEA inevitably lose some value, but it shouldn't be that bad overall (Tormod and Muarim especially are good drafts for PoR, Vika is low priority either way). This isn't important enough to me to pursue it adamantly, so if no one likes it I'll drop it. Just a suggestion for an annoying map.

I wasn't thinking about making any specific unit free, just trying to say that simply having the option to choose one of Nailah/Tormod/Muarim/Vika to use devalues units with little availability (admittedly I wasn't thinking about PoR).

I'm fine with whatever's chosen for 1-8 as well though, so let's iron out the last details and get the drafting started.

Oh wait, I'm next. I pick Oscar.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Factoring all the changes discussed the free RD unit list looks like this:

Edward in 1-P

Edward or Nolan in 1-1 and 1-2.

Volug for 1-5.

One of the forced units in 1-8.(I don't mind it either way)

One unit for 2-P.

Nephenee and Brom for 2-1.

One non-Lucia for 2-2

One free 6 move unit for 3-1 and 3-3.

I'm fine with this. I would prefer 1-8 having one free unit because I don't like that map and think penalties should only be applied when you just can't beat the map with all of your units. At least that was what my intentions were with adding them way back when.

And here I was thinking no one would find her valuable enough and she'd make it back around to me...

That's what I thought last Tellius Draft, and was proven wrong. A good PoR, Part 1 and Part 3 unit is just too good to pass up, apparently.

Ilyana is actually amazingly good in this type of draft. I had her on the last draft we did here, she was probably the MVP for my playthrough other than Titania. As far as the proposed changes, here is my opinion:

Edward in 1-P: That's fine.

Edward or Nolan in 1-1 and 1-2: Also fine

Volug for 1-5: Its a defend map so it really doesn't matter who you use.

One of the forced units in 1-8. I disagree on this one. If someone can't do it with their team + Rafiel then I think a +4 penalty for one of the forced units (or maybe 8 for those really having a hard time) it a natural consequence of drafting.

One unit for 2-P: Understandable as usual.

Nephenee and Brom for 2-1: I'd prefer just one be free and the other being a penalty if you choose to use both. Most people are capable of defeating the boss in a understandable time period (4-5 turns) without a penalty and just loses out on the extras.

One non-Lucia for 2-2: I'd personally vote each character gets a penalty due to the fact that their is a pretty good chance that each person has an opportunity of having a single character (other than Leanne) by now, but that's just me. However if everyone prefers it this way, I'll change it.

One free 6 move unit for 3-1 and 3-3. That's fine.

Oh and moving on, I'm drafting Nolan.

Edited by NTNP

One of the forced units in 1-8. I disagree on this one. If someone can't do it with their team + Rafiel then I think a +4 penalty for one of the forced units (or maybe 8 for those really having a hard time) it a natural consequence of drafting.

Only thing is that, due to the nature of that map, it is not necessarily the drafter's fault.

Nephenee and Brom for 2-1: I'd prefer just one be free and the other being a penalty if you choose to use both. Most people are capable of defeating the boss in a understandable time period (4-5 turns) without a penalty and just loses out on the extras.

I don't think that's actually possible with just one of them.

One non-Lucia for 2-2: I'd personally vote each character gets a penalty due to the fact that their is a pretty good chance that each person has an opportunity of having a single character (other than Leanne) by now, but that's just me. However if everyone prefers it this way, I'll change it.

Doing it with Leanne and one more non-Lucia unit without a penalty is probably pretty insane (if not impossible) as it is. That's why I made the suggestion.

Gattacca, Master of Space (aka Gatrie)

I ALMOST picked Soren just so I could have a draft involving FE10 that didn't also involve me picking Brom or Gatrie

Edited by Paperkitty

One unit for 2-P: Understandable as usual.

I want to simply make Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi all free here, since it's a Survive map (no one's saving turns here) and it can be difficult to keep them all out of combat due to the lack of lots of terrain.

I call bull on being able to beat this chapter in 4 or 5 turns with just Brom or Nephenee without abusing criticals on the Knights. Actually... Does a hit from the Wind Sage + Knight put Nephenee into Wrath range? Or does the Knight attack first?

I agree with Red Fox here. Leanne + one free unit (that's not Lucia) can't handle the chapter on their own anyway, so drafting a unit to use here is still necessary.

Give me a few minutes to make my pick. I'm re-sorting the units left in a separate document.

Edited by Radiant Kitty