[FE9 & FE10] Tellius Draft #2

NTNP

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to simply make Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi all free here, since it's a Survive map (no one's saving turns here) and it can be difficult to keep them all out of combat due to the lack of lots of terrain.

I call bull on being able to beat this chapter in 4 or 5 turns with just Brom or Nephenee without abusing criticals on the Knights. Actually... Does a hit from the Wind Sage + Knight put Nephenee into Wrath range? Or does the Knight attack first?

I agree with Red Fox here. Leanne + one free unit (that's not Lucia) can't handle the chapter on their own anyway, so drafting a unit to use here is still necessary.

Give me a few minutes to make my pick. I'm re-sorting the units left in a separate document.

As far as Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi all free... eh it is a defend chapter so that one might make sense. And you can't actually make it go any faster so there isn't much of a reason for a penalty. On most defend chapters the same could be made in general.

The thing is; penalties aren't the end of the world. I'll use my character as an example: During this map I would already have Leanne, Brom/Lethe + Mordie (my unit) without cost. Give me another character, you've essentially allowed me to use the entire map at no cost. Same can be true for many others. With that in mind, why not just allow people to use penalties if they can't do it with the minimum freebees? After all, its not like taking a penalty is the end of the world here.

And I actually use Brom instead of relying on a wrath crit; he goes to the concoction house and then starts taking on the enemy with healing items for the chapter. I have him tank the knight's hit, hope to avoid the mage's. Heal on player phase, repeat and then move into the mage's range (stationary if memory serves) letting the mage off itself in two turns. Then I just move to the boss, continue to use healing items until the boss kills himself in a turn or two. It takes about 6-8 turns, minus the mage hitting every round but better than taking a 4 turn penalty along with it.

Oh and sure, I'll delete the selected people instead of marking them out.

Edited by NTNP

As far as Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi all free... eh it is a defend chapter so that one might make sense. And you can't actually make it go any faster so there isn't much of a reason for a penalty. On most defend chapters the same could be made in general.

Well, the only other Survive chapter is 3-7, but only Ike and Ranulf (who is a non-issue) are forced anyway.

The thing is; penalties aren't the end of the world. I'll use my character as an example: During this map I would already have Leanne, Brom/Lethe + Mordie (my unit) without cost. Give me another character, you've essentially allowed me to use the entire map at no cost. Same can be true for many others. With that in mind, why not just allow people to use penalties if they can't do it with the minimum freebees? After all, its not like taking a penalty is the end of the world here.

In 2-1, there are seven fighting units available to spread around six drafters. One of which is Heather, who I don't think can do much. What makes you think everyone's going to have 2-3 units drafted here? The point is to remove penalties in chapters where almost every player will have to take them because there aren't enough units to go around.

This is why I'm personally leaning towards not allowing anyone to be free in 1-8, since there are enough units there that only one or at most two people may need to take a penalty, unless someone gets greedy and drafts all of the LEA and/or Part 1 units (which hasn't happened).

And I actually use Brom instead of relying on a wrath crit; he goes to the concoction house and then starts taking on the enemy with healing items for the chapter. I have him tank the knight's hit, hope to avoid the mage's. Heal on player phase, repeat and then move into the mage's range (stationary if memory serves) letting the mage off itself in two turns. Then I just move to the boss, continue to use healing items until the boss kills himself in a turn or two. It takes about 6-8 turns, minus the mage hitting every round but better than taking a 4 turn penalty along with it.

So yeah, reset abuse. No way am I going to reset for a bunch of ~70% attacks to miss, and I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.

I'll guess I'll take Kieran yet again.

Why don't we just put it to a vote? As I said, I prefer to let the drafters decide: Just agree or disagree if you want, if you prefer to make an argument for something then you may do so:

RD's "Freebies" List:

P1-P: Allowing Edward to be free

Agree

P1-1: Allowing either Edward or Nolan to be free

Agree

EDIT

P1-2: Allow either Edward or Nolan to be free

Agree

P1-5: Allowing Volug to be free on a DEFEND MAP

Agree

P1-8:

Option A: Make one unit (but probably not Naliah) free for this map

Option B: Make two or more units (but not probably not Naliah) free for this map

Option C: Make no one free for this map and rely on +4 penalties to use Naliah/Maurim/Volug to clean up the map

Agree to Option A

P2-P:

Option A: Make one unit free like in other RD drafts

Option B: Make all units free since its a survive map and in turn can't be cleared faster

Agree to Option B

P2-1:

Option A: Make either Nephenee or Brom free (but the other being +4)

Option B: Make both Nephenee AND Brom free.

Agree to Option A

P2-2:

Option A: Make one non Lucia unit free for this map

Option B: Make two non Lucia units free for this map

Option C: Male Lucia free for this map (new idea)

Agree to Option A

P2-E

Option A: Make Elinica or Haar free to quickly end the chapter in 2 turns

Option B: Make no one free and rely on penalties (+4) to survive for 10 turns.

Agree to Option B

P3-1: You can use one undrafted 6 move unit without penalty.

Agree

P3-3: You can deploy one undrafted 6 move unit without penalty.

Agree

I believe that is all the exceptions being requested. If I am missing one, or an option that was brought up for that chapter, then please tell me and I'll add it to the list. Just copy the above list, write agree or disagree either now or during your next pick. Once a majority has agree to one of the options, I'll add it to the opening post.

Oh and I'll either repost or edit in my draft in a second. I'm still thinking.

Edited by NTNP

Why don't we just put it to a vote? As I said, I prefer to let the drafters decide: Just agree or disagree if you want, if you prefer to make an argument for something then you may do so:

RD's "Freebies" List:

Agree

Agree

Agree

P1-8:

Option B: Make two or more units (but not probably not Naliah) free for this map

Option C: Make no one free for this map and rely on +4 penalties to use Naliah/Maurim/Volug to clean up the map

Agree to Option A

2-P:

Option B: Make all units free since its a survive map and in turn can't be cleared faster

Agree to Option B

2-1:

Agree to Option A

2-2:

Agree to Option A

2-E

Agree to Option B

I believe that is all the exceptions being requested. If I am missing one, or an option that was brought up for that chapter, then please tell me and I'll add it to the list. Just copy the above list, write agree or disagree either now or during your next pick. Once a majority has agree to one of the options, I'll add it to the opening post.

Oh and I'll either repost or edit in my draft in a second. I'm still thinking.

Fine with all of them up to 1-8.

1-8 Option C

2-P Option A

2-2 No free units are necessary, honestly

2-E Option B

I like this idea.

Agree to both. What's your opinion on 1-2?

No opinion.

P1-8:

Definitely not Option B, because that's too much. I'm going to throw a vote in for Option C, but I will say that Option A should be: 'One of Nailah/Tormod/Muarim/Vika', since different teams may have problems with different portions of the map.

2-P:

I vote for Option B as well.

2-1:

I vote for Option B. Relying on one or the other to solo the chapter is too unreliable.

2-2:

I vote for Option A. I also disagree strongly to Options B and C, since B allows too many units and C devalues Lucia too far.

2-E

I agree to Option B, since Option A devalues Elincia too far.

Also, am I allowed to change my Kieran pick to Brom?

RD's "Freebies" List:

Agree.

Agree, and extend it to 1-2.

Agree

P1-8:

Agree to Option A. Make sure it's noted that it's a forced unit (though one of them would likely be the choice anyway) and I think it's fine if Nailah is left as a choice.

2-P:

No opinion. You can throw Elincia in with Mend equipped and win the map easily enough that way, so either one works.

2-1:

Agree to Option B.

2-2:

Agree to Option A. I didn't know Geoffrey was available here.

2-E

Agree to Option B, but only because I can't think of anything better. By the way, if someone's waiting the whole thing out I sure hope they aren't taking penalties.

I believe that is all the exceptions being requested.

3-1 and 3-3, but I think those are agreed on anyway.

@Raidant Kitty: Done and done; you now have Brom and I have Kieran. Thanks for that and all, he'll definitely make my PoR a bit easier. Now onward to someone elses turn. Also the front page has been made up to date.

@Voting: Once everyone has voted and noticed the two part 3 chapters we agreed upon before and 1-2 have been added to the original post, I'll compile the vote and post the results. If its a tied vote, we can either reason someone to chose another option OR revote between those two options.

Edited by NTNP

My votes in bold.

RD's "Freebies" List:

Agree

Agree

EDIT

Agree

Agree

P1-8:

Option A

P2-P:

Either is fine but Option B if I had to choose.

P2-1:

Option A only cause I have one of them

P2-2:

Option A

P2-E

Agree to Option B

Agree

Agree

Can someone point me to a reliable 2-1 strategy with just Brom or Nephenee, please? I still doubt one exists, without taking more turns than is worth it to simply use both with the penalty.

Agreed on 1-2, 3-1 and 3-3.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Elincia and Janaff

Yeah, I realized a little too late Elincia would've been a better pick than Brom. I'm really just winging it at this point. Also Paperblade, you should vote so we can get that out of the way.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

Done

RD's "Freebies" List:

Agree

Agree

Agree

Agree

P1-8:

Agree to Option A

P2-P:

Agree to Option B

P2-1:

Agree to Option B

P2-2:

Agree to Option A

P2-E

Agree to Option B

Agree

Agree

Edited by Paperkitty