Red Fox's index of draft strategies for Radiant Dawn

Florete

I know a surefire way to get Miccy the kill going right, but you cannot recruit Aran. It's a 7 turn strategy i think, I'll post it if anybody's curious.

Do it, I mean, there could be some way to merge them together or something.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do it, I mean, there could be some way to merge them together or something.

I doubt it, you have to go right with everyone. I'll post it next time I play that stage :D

I've done the right side strategy myself. I used it before I found the current one. It's really not too hard, you just need to make sure Sothe clears all the enemies for Micaiah (which I guess is obvious). There may be a way to get Aran on the last turn or something, but I'm not about to try for it. Getting Aran and keeping the same turn count was a large part of why I found my strategy valuable, though, because I know people have had problems with that before, and most people who don't draft him just wouldn't recruit him. The only thing you miss is the Sleep staff, but hey.

Micaiah actually needs 28 HP+Defence to survive the strongest hits in 1-9 (NM). 27 attack was the strongest figther i saw around in this map.

Edited by Jhen Mohran

Micaiah actually needs 28 HP+Defence to survive the strongest hits in 1-9 (NM). 27 attack was the strongest figther i saw around in this map.

There's one hit she needs to take in particular (the one on the first turn), although I believe she gets at least one chance to heal. Still, if she can't naturally double, healing may not even be a good idea.

There's one hit she needs to take in particular (the one on the first turn), although I believe she gets at least one chance to heal. Still, if she can't naturally double, healing may not even be a good idea.

If she gets hit and on resolve range she doesn't need to heal. However the figther at the start had 27 attack, and IIRC he sometimes attacks first.

If she gets hit and on resolve range she doesn't need to heal. However the figther at the start had 27 attack, and IIRC he sometimes attacks first.

The point of needing to be hit by him is because he attacks first...But Micaiah is also in a Thicket for this attack, so she'd need 27 combined to survive a 27 atk hit.

The point of needing to be hit by him is because he attacks first...But Micaiah is also in a Thicket for this attack, so she'd need 27 combined to survive a 27 atk hit.

Oh i see... well then i'll be off then. It seems once again i'm debating a bunch of nothing :lol:

I'd like to see a 2-1 strategy using just Brom and Nephenee. For easy reference. I usually have to proc a dodge for Neph in there somewhere.

2-E should be posted. For easy reference. It's pretty much the main reason why I drafted Elincia in the "Ban Haar?" draft.

I'd like to see a 2-1 strategy using just Brom and Nephenee. For easy reference. I usually have to proc a dodge for Neph in there somewhere.

2-E should be posted. For easy reference. It's pretty much the main reason why I drafted Elincia in the "Ban Haar?" draft.

I agree. 2-1 always give me trouble. 2-E is not easy if you don't know where to place Elincia.

I had a Lucia/Lethe strategy for 2-1 but that'll get you at least one penalty >_< (6 turns without penalty, though). The point is to have everyone stand back and have Lethe take the north with Lucia taking the southeast with a Silver Sword (you need to switch to Wind Edge for a couple turns), then on Turn 5 (?) Lethe and Lucia should meet up. Lucia needs to attack the General in front of the boss with a Silver Sword on turn 5, Lethe switches Lucia's equipment so Lucia equips the Wind Edge. That way, Lucia attacks the boss on Turn 5 EP and kills the General (you may need to proc a critical somewhere, either with Silver Sword or Wind Edge, in order to kill the general) so Lethe can easily kill the boss on Player Turn 6 and Lucia Arrives on Turn 6.

Lethe wants to use a Laguz Stone on Turn 1 and Leanne should refresh her if applicable, the other part is that she wants to use Olivi Grass every single turn. You can't do this with Mordecai because he can't double/kill the boss like Lethe can (IIRC?) although you can try and see if I'm wrong. I just remember failing a lot with Mordecai and getting like 1 turn short. Generally you want to progress east as quickly as possible with Lethe, and there may be a turn where she will have to sit still, but this lures enemies away from Lucia too so she can get to the General in front of the boss.

As for 2-E, just place Elincia right in front of the Steel Longbow Archer. That way, Ludveck's only option is to attack from 1-range.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

As for 2-E, just place Elincia right in front of the Steel Longbow Archer. That way, Ludveck's only option is to attack from 1-range.

You mean right next to him.

Edited by Jhen Mohran

Sorry I should start playing Radiant Dawn again LOL

2-1 is an 8 turn right? That's what ended up happening with my strategy, anyways... Nephenee wants to park in front of the boss on Turn 7 player phase, get hit just enough to get her to Wrath% and kill the boss.

And I meant next to.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Easily 6 turns with Nolan. Micaiah needs to chokepoint the room, while Nolan 2 ranges the other lance guy and hits both axe user. Next EP (turn 2) he kills them, while the figther moves down. Nolan goes to north 1 and then goes east covering the ledge square to the east. Sothe goes to the middle section. Micaiah moves near the ledges in order to kill the weakend fighter next turn. Laur goes up, then west one (up the second ledge point). On the next turn, Sothe kills the bow user then Laura moves. Nolan equips his hand axe and attacks the javeling guy. Micaiah kills the figther on this turn (she may need a few points of mag i'm not very sure on this one). Nolan kills the Javelin on EP. Turn 5 sothe kills the guy that chokepoints while Laura moves closer to the goal. Nolan must attack the myrmidon with his handaxe. He kills him on EP. He is usually facing 50-60% displayed hit here so it might require some battle saving. Turn 6 Nolan opens Thani chest, then Sothe gets drop, Laura flees.

A strategy for 1-2. It works, although the hit% might be an issue sometimes. Nothing extremly low or not doable however. It requires a Nolan penlaty though... :unsure:

Edited by Jhen Mohran

Sorry I should start playing Radiant Dawn again LOL

2-1 is an 8 turn right? That's what ended up happening with my strategy, anyways... Nephenee wants to park in front of the boss on Turn 7 player phase, get hit just enough to get her to Wrath% and kill the boss. Can't you be more precise? I know how to kill the boss,not how to get to him fast.

And I meant next to.

Not off the top of my head, sorry. I'm just giving a rather simple goal you can get to without all that much trouble... (also, bold what you're trying to say if you're going to quote my entire post, I didn't know why you quoted my post for a while...)

A strategy for 1-2. It works, although the hit% might be an issue sometimes. Nothing extremly low or not doable however. It requires a Nolan penlaty though... :unsure:

I posted that already, except with extra Wind Edge and more detail ^_^ Edited by Mercenary Raven

I just figured out that Mic+Aran+Sothe+Laura can 4 turn 1-4 but no angelic robe or gold or beastfoe

Aran needs a Max MT+Max Crit forge and Miccy needs 20hp and 4def to survive a tiger

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

I just figured out that Mic+Aran+Sothe+Laura can 4 turn 1-4 but no angelic robe or gold or beastfoe

Aran needs a Max MT+Max Crit forge and Miccy needs 20hp and 4def to survive a tiger

That's pretty specific, unfortunately.

As I accidentally discovered in the HM draft, there may actually be a safer way to do 1-3, but it depends on the boss' AI. Although he could double for a kill, he still chose to attack Sothe over Micaiah, but I'm wondering if he would have done the same thing could he have been able to OHKO Micaiah. If he would have, a slight adjustment will get 1-3 done in the same number of turns possibly without Micaiah needing any defensive boost, and she still gets the boss kill.

He may choose to not attack Micaiah if he can't OHKO Micaiah but she can OHKO on the counter.

I'd recommend taking an extra turn to get Beastfoe, since 3-6 (and maybe 3-13 as well) will probably take longer without it.

Here it finally is:Version is actually faulty, because BroCrow needs to proc STR on his first level in order to damage draco's on clouds. Other than that, nothing wrong. Enemy range & battle saves are for enemy range changes, the clouds screw that up if you position them wrong. You can risk with wrath, I didn't. Well, description covers it all.Normal speed coming up, probably tomorrow.

Edited by Vicious Sal