Trouble with Byron (FE4)

rigadoog

Iirc, Byron will talk to Sigurd if he's in range at all, so if you're able to cut a path through 2 of those guys Byron should be able to reach. Maybe you can only kill the top armor and move Sigurd around there.

I'd say this is the best advice, except that you can't move Sigurd in range of Byron this turn.

I think there might be a way to do it, but first, I must know:

-Where's Deu, how much gold does he have?

-How much gold does Sylvia have?

-Who is her lover? Where is he? How much gold does he have?

-Who has the Warp Staff / Return Staff? Where is he? I'm hoping Lachesis has the latter. Otherwise, I think you can forget about it.

Providing Lachesis has a staff, and Sylvia can get enough gold (20000G), the strategy would be the following:

Warp Levin back to your main castle and have him sell his Leg Ring to Sylvia, so that she can give two extra movements to Sigurd, as well as allowing you to put Bridgit, Jamuka and another guy in range of the armors.

You would have to kill the second armor soldier (starting from top) with your archers, then kill the mage with Sigurd who should be able to move into Byron's range.

The problem then is if Sigurd can survive the rest of the turn with a broken weapon.

Edited by Marthur

The problem then is if Sigurd can survive the rest of the turn with a broken weapon.

My trick in draft runs is to have Sigurd with a full inventory, and then sending it into storage. He can take it back after he's killed Langobart and fix it then.

Crap, I was tricked by the road tiles thinking Sylvia would get 10 movements. She only gets 9 because only one road tile is actually a road (the others are plains). That means that you won't be able to use Bridgit and Jamuka.

But moving Sigurd only one tile up or right is enough to get him into Byron's range providing you kill the soldier and mage.

In my test, I killed the Armor with Lex (hand Axe) and Fury (Hero Lance), and the mage with Sigurd.

My trick in draft runs is to have Sigurd with a full inventory, and then sending it into storage. He can take it back after he's killed Langobart and fix it then.

Well, it's not impossible that his Sigurd has a full inventory. A beginner would surely kill all the bosses with him and ignore that the pawn shop exists. That would actually be helpful if that was the case.

However, a beginner would also have Ethlin leave with the Return Staff, which probably can't be good here. ._.

Edited by Marthur

I'd say this is the best advice, except that you can't move Sigurd in range of Byron this turn.

Yea, my bad, I eyeballed the tiles without counting them. It's a bit longer than I'd estimated. Guess I'm used to Sigurd with the Leg Ring.

Sorry about not checking back here, but to let you know Aideen has the warp staff and is in the bottom left corner. I didn't know Ethlin was going to leave so she has the return staff still. Sylvia has 21,000 gold, I'm not sure if leg ring costs 20,000 or 40,000 though. Here's the save file, I'll be working on it in the meantime. http://www.mediafire...k9ynrdm9gn13fbs

Alright, I think I've figured out a way. I have to go kill the boss with Levin, and then have fury stand next to him and attack the armour (they're lovers), until she gets a lover critical, and then lex will be able to get the kill with a hand axe. After that, sigurd can kill the mage standing behind the armour and can get into Byron's range. The only problem is getting the lover critical, I tried attacking with fury at every possible time before/after other people attacking and I didn't get it. It looks like the only solution now is to have people lose at the arena to get through rng's.

EDIT: Wow, what the fuck. I managed to get the lover critical with fury and levin and kill the armour and get Sigurd through. And then? Guess what, Sigurd is one space away from being in Byron's range and Byron gets killed that turn. I think I'm giving up on this, I've tried everything and cheat codes/not getting tyrfing seem like the only ways through.

I'd be very thankful if anyone who can get cheat codes to work could use one extra turn to just move sigurd forward 1 space and then end the turn.

Edited by rigadoog

Just skip the Tyrfing, it'd be better to get more kill points on Silver Sword (8 kills and it gets Critical skill on it) anyway and Levin can handle Langobalt and Reptor so it's not even necessary for this chapter and you'd only need to repair a few uses of it in the second gen to deal with

Alvis.

To prevent shit like this from happening, keep a "every turn" save and keep a "chapter start" save so you have to option to restart the chapter without having to the restart the whole game.

Edited by Sirius

Just skip the Tyrfing, it'd be better to get more kill points on Silver Sword (8 kills and it gets Critical skill on it) anyway and Levin can handle Langobalt and Reptor so it's not even necessary for this chapter and you'd only need to repair a few uses of it in the second gen to deal with

Alvis

. To prevent shit like this from happening, keep a "every turn" save and keep a "chapter start" save so you have to option to restart the chapter without having to the restart the whole game.

Alright, just a quick question, Do you get the critical skill on any weapon with 50 kills, or do you get 1% critical chance for each kill? Also, how does this work on a killer weapon (Jamka's has about 55 kills) ?

You get the Critical Skill (Or in Noish/Levin/anyone with critical's case, stacked critical rates) after 50 kills, then an added effect on the 100th kill.

EDIT: If you have Rescue, you can pull the 'Infinite Move' Glitch and murder all of the axe knights after Byron's ass so Sigurd could get to him next turn.

Edited by Joekitty

Sorry about not checking back here, but to let you know Aideen has the warp staff and is in the bottom left corner. I didn't know Ethlin was going to leave so she has the return staff still. Sylvia has 21,000 gold, I'm not sure if leg ring costs 20,000 or 40,000 though. Here's the save file, I'll be working on it in the meantime. http://www.mediafire...k9ynrdm9gn13fbs

So it's just as I thought, haha...

Alright, I think I've figured out a way. I have to go kill the boss with Levin, and then have fury stand next to him and attack the armour (they're lovers), until she gets a lover critical, and then lex will be able to get the kill with a hand axe. After that, sigurd can kill the mage standing behind the armour and can get into Byron's range. The only problem is getting the lover critical, I tried attacking with fury at every possible time before/after other people attacking and I didn't get it. It looks like the only solution now is to have people lose at the arena to get through rng's.

EDIT: Wow, what the fuck. I managed to get the lover critical with fury and levin and kill the armour and get Sigurd through. And then? Guess what, Sigurd is one space away from being in Byron's range and Byron gets killed that turn. I think I'm giving up on this, I've tried everything and cheat codes/not getting tyrfing seem like the only ways through.

I'd be very thankful if anyone who can get cheat codes to work could use one extra turn to just move sigurd forward 1 space and then end the turn.

I can confirm that nothing can be done. I even tried to send some canon fodder (wtf base stats Alec/Noish... etc) on the front lines, but the enemies will prioritize attacking Byron.

Anyway, I agree with Sirius. You don't really need the Tyrfing to beat the chapter, so just move on.

Also, he doesn't have Rescue.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3ZV0SNKS

Here's the savestate editor then. It may be in moon-speak, so unless you have the correct language pack installed, you'll probably get rectangles for text. Even then, it probably lists the characters in order that they appear, and you can recognize from the stats and money and weapons who's who of your characters.

You might also just be able to fink and give yourself the Tyrfing... though this may actually make getting it the second generation technically borked. Your best bet is to just abuse with this program and get him.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3ZV0SNKS

Here's the savestate editor then. It may be in moon-speak, so unless you have the correct language pack installed, you'll probably get rectangles for text. Even then, it probably lists the characters in order that they appear, and you can recognize from the stats and money and weapons who's who of your characters.

You might also just be able to fink and give yourself the Tyrfing... though this may actually make getting it the second generation technically borked. Your best bet is to just abuse with this program and get him.

Thanks, but I don't understand how I can save Byron with this. Am I supposed to just max Sigurd, Fury, and Lex's stats and have them kill as many people as possible, or can it do anything other than change stats?

If it can change inventory, you can give yourself a rescue staff, rescue Sylvia as close to the units as possible, dance Sigurd past them, and rush Vylon. You could do a bunch of things too, like if you can edit Vylon, max out his HP and stats. You might be able to edit the movement stat, giving sigurd like 99mov, and make him a flying unit to avoid terrain. If you can edit enemy units you can make them piss-easy with worthless stats. I don't recall how much is editable in the program, but it should be an alright amount, since it's operating from a savestate.

I'd also really suggest using some cheat codes. I'm pretty sure GameFAQs has a FAQ with some RAM addresses you can mess with, doing the same thing, if not more, than this editor. Like giving Sigurd that 99move to talk to Vylon.

EDIT: I just opened it and it only allows you to edit your character stats, minus movement. That might help though. Also, I'm surprised this isn't a Japanese utility XD This was back from the day j2e was working on the game... ahhhhhh, memories~

If you check out the cheat FAQ I mentioned you'll have a lot more to work with.

Edited by Celice

If it can change inventory, you can give yourself a rescue staff, rescue Sylvia as close to the units as possible, dance Sigurd past them, and rush Vylon. You could do a bunch of things too, like if you can edit Vylon, max out his HP and stats. You might be able to edit the movement stat, giving sigurd like 99mov, and make him a flying unit to avoid terrain. If you can edit enemy units you can make them piss-easy with worthless stats. I don't recall how much is editable in the program, but it should be an alright amount, since it's operating from a savestate.

I'd also really suggest using some cheat codes. I'm pretty sure GameFAQs has a FAQ with some RAM addresses you can mess with, doing the same thing, if not more, than this editor. Like giving Sigurd that 99move to talk to Vylon.

EDIT: I just opened it and it only allows you to edit your character stats, minus movement. That might help though. Also, I'm surprised this isn't a Japanese utility XD This was back from the day j2e was working on the game... ahhhhhh, memories~

If you check out the cheat FAQ I mentioned you'll have a lot more to work with.

The savestate editor can only change playable units' combat stats and money, while that GameFAQs FAQ lets you change just about everything on a playable character except for movement. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

I don't really know how cheatcodes work at all, but if you could teach me how to get 2 turns in a row that would be great.

It's a FE hacking program.

You open Nightmare, Open the ROM in nightmare, Load the modules (which in this case would be the Class Editor), change whatever you need to change, hit enter, then Ctrl+S.

Lover Modifier: 7e2d34**
Bonus Stat Code: 7e2d3bff
Max HP: 7e2d40**
Strength: 7e2d41**
Magic: 7e2d42**
Skill: 7e2d43**
Speed: 7e2d44**
Defense: 7e2d45**
Magic Defense: 7e2d46**
Luck: 7e2d47**
Class Modifier: 7e2d48**
Level: 7e2d49** 
Leadership: 7e2d4a**
Money: 7e2d4b**
Money: 7e2d4c**
Exp: 7e2d4d**

Here is Sigurd's data in the RAM. It looks to be about the same as what the savestate editor covers... which makes sense. Editing the class's movement should let you move farther, yeah. What you could also do is try and locate the coordinates of Sigurd while you're playing the game in the RAM, and if you can find them, just change his location to next to Vylon. This might be over your head though if you're not too sure on how to edit RAM values of the game :( But editing the game with the nightmare modules or manually with a hex editor should be pretty easy, if getting the Tyrfing is a big deal to you.

Edited by Celice

Wait, have you already beat the chapter? I can try to give you the infinite movement.

84CB33 BF

already saved over the state and the game save. I appreciate the help though, i might use that in the future.

already saved over the state and the game save. I appreciate the help though, i might use that in the future.

Since the main point of getting it with Sigurd was so that you could have full uses, do you want a full use code for the sword?

Thanks for telling me about money and Celice inheriting it, I thought all money was passed down =(. So are you saying if sigurd repairs it only, say 1 use it will go up to 50 when Celice gets it? Also I'm not worried about any side effects of cheat codes since I have an in-game save and a save state.

I'm not sure about the 1-50 thing. I do know that if its broken it will stay broken. I've only either never gotten it, or fully repaired it.