Trouble with Byron (FE4)

rigadoog

Alright so I'm on chapter 5 of FE4 and I've gotta get tyrfing from byron. The problem is, I didn't know i had to rush my ass off over to byron so that he wouldnt get himself killed on turn 2. Being very stupid, I saved at the beginning of turn 2, and my only save state is in the middle of the same turn.

I'd like to know if there is any way I can manipulate the AI so that Byron will survive (he dies in 2 hits), I would be willing to kill off any characters that I have that aren't parents; or I would even use cheat codes for just one turn to get the tyrfing.

I also saw that Celice doesn't inherit tyrfing anyways, but can he still get it in chapter 10 even if I don't get it from byron now? I might just let byron die if celice is still getting it.

BTW, this is my first playthrough of the game.

Edited by rigadoog

I don't think you have to save Byron to get it, although when Celice gets it it will have the same number of uses it had (meaning it will be broken)

Do you mean I don't need to save him to get it with Sigurd or with Celice?

If you can, try to dance Sigurd and a few tough units through to him. Who has your leg ring? If it's Sigurd, you should be fine.

If I remember correctly, you do have to save Byron for Celice to obtain the Tyrfing.

Can't find an answer with google...

If you can, try to dance Sigurd and a few tough units through to him. Who has your leg ring? If it's Sigurd, you should be fine.

Levin's got it, no canto =/. Sigurd can't ORKO any of the generals anyways, and sylvia is still in base at the start of this turn because I had to use her after giving money with a few units. I didn't know that giving would take up their turn. Do people usually give leg ring to sigurd? i never even considered it.

Screenshots?

Alright heres the screenshots.

1. Lex Lvl 30- he can get to sylvia, but can't ORKO an armour

2. Where Lachesis is standing- sylvia's max movement range

Levin can kill any unit in the screenshot (besides andre's squad), sigurd can't ORKO any armours, brigid and jamka can't reach the armours even with sylvia. Fury + sigurd or Fury + Lex can pull a kill off, but thats still only 2 kills.

post-2685-017297800 1311542708_thumb.jpg

Edited by rigadoog

Alright heres the screenshots.

1. Lex Lvl 30- he can get to sylvia, but can't ORKO an armour

2. Where Lachesis is standing- sylvia's max movement range

Levin can kill any unit in the screenshot (besides andre's squad), sigurd can't ORKO any armours, brigid and jamka can't reach the armours even with sylvia. Fury + sigurd or Fury + Lex can pull a kill off, but thats still only 2 kills.

You don't have to kill them, just have to make them not be able to reach Byron.Try to make a wall or something.

Edited by Excelkitty

From a little googling, it seems you can get it, it might be broken though. You could burn through some RNG's and hope to get lucky. Get someone to lose in the arena, then try. If it doesn't work, load, make them do it twice, and keep going.

... :/:

Press print screen then upload it onto an image hosting site then post the image

Screenshot.

Lol thanks, i forgot to hit the attack this file button

You don't have to kill them, just have to make them not be able to reach Byron.Try to make a wall or something.

To make a wall, I would have to get all the way to the other side of the generals, mages and i can't do that with only 2 kills

From a little googling, it seems you can get it, it might be broken though. You could burn through some RNG's and hope to get lucky. Get someone to lose in the arena, then try. If it doesn't work, load, make them do it twice, and keep going.

Even if i could get a miss, there's a good amount of other enemies that could hit him, and the broken sword has 30 wt combined with his already shitty avoid, i just dont see it.

Broken weapons have 30 Wt. Byron has a broken weapon equipped. There is no chance in hell Byron will dodge any attack, ever.

EDIT: 50 to 30 Wt.

Edited by Excelkitty

you could use a cheat code to get a free turn

i tried doing that for just one turn, i put in the code, checked it and then enabled it and reset the game. But it just didnt change anything, I have no idea what happened, it was only like an 8 character code and i double checked it and entered it like 3 different times so i definitely entered it correctly. if it matters, im playing on snes9xeuphoria for psp.

Or just restart the chapter. You're only at the beginning of it.

How am I supposed to do that? I was going to do that before, and I googled it and I found that you can't restart chapters in FE4.

Edited by Sirius

Speaking from experience, Byron doesn't have to give Sigurd the Tyrfing for Celice to get it. If Sigurd gets it, it will have 50 uses in the second generation. If Sigurd doesn't get it or doesn't repair it, it will be broken.

I personally think its better to get it and repair it, but not use it. Repairing it since money is inherited in very low amounts, so it doesn't matter if Sigurd spends all of his money on it since it's right at the end of his generation. Celice, however needs money for the rest of the game, so its much more effective to get it in gen 1.

I don't like using it because I think its better to get kills on Sigurd's main weapon. Why add kills to a weapon that won't be avalible for a LONG time?

You don't need to get it, but its always helpful. I wouldn't kill myself over it though, so don't worry too much.

I would also advise against cheat codes, because you never know what kind of side effects they will have.

Speaking from experience, Byron doesn't have to give Sigurd the Tyrfing for Celice to get it. If Sigurd gets it, it will have 50 uses in the second generation. If Sigurd doesn't get it or doesn't repair it, it will be broken.

I personally think its better to get it and repair it, but not use it. Repairing it since money is inherited in very low amounts, so it doesn't matter if Sigurd spends all of his money on it since it's right at the end of his generation. Celice, however needs money for the rest of the game, so its much more effective to get it in gen 1.

I don't like using it because I think its better to get kills on Sigurd's main weapon. Why add kills to a weapon that won't be avalible for a LONG time?

You don't need to get it, but its always helpful. I wouldn't kill myself over it though, so don't worry too much.

I would also advise against cheat codes, because you never know what kind of side effects they will have.

Thanks for telling me about money and Celice inheriting it, I thought all money was passed down =(. So are you saying if sigurd repairs it only, say 1 use it will go up to 50 when Celice gets it? Also I'm not worried about any side effects of cheat codes since I have an in-game save and a save state.

Edited by rigadoog

How am I supposed to do that? I was going to do that before, and I googled it and I found that you can't restart chapters in FE4.

You get to save your game after completing every chapter. Just reset your SNES/emulator and load the save.

You get to save your game after completing every chapter. Just reset your SNES/emulator and load the save.

Check OP

Being very stupid, I saved at the beginning of turn 2, and my only save state is in the middle of the same turn.

Edited by rigadoog

Iirc, Byron will talk to Sigurd if he's in range at all, so if you're able to cut a path through 2 of those guys Byron should be able to reach. Maybe you can only kill the top armor and move Sigurd around there.

Do you have a rescue staff? If so maybe you could rescue Sigurd closer to the area where Byron is. Not to mention don't forget trying to use your dancer for extra movement. Who knows if you have rescue you might be able to rescue Byron but don't quote me on that.

Edited by Guy Starwind

If you are (or switch to) using ZSNES, there's a savestate editor out there. I might still have it actually. You can temporarily overpower one of your characters, maybe even Vylon himself, and revert your changes when you're done.