Bull(crap) Mafia Postgame

Life

Welcome to what was supposed to be my last SF Mafia game. Instead, we got a bit of a cluster fuck. But hey, I wanted people to call Bullshit on this game. And Bullshit was called.

Bullshit Mafia Spreadsheet

History:

You all know that I bitch about the quality of SF Mafia players and how Smogon is so much better and whatnot. So I decided to create a game that would force teamwork, backstabbing and above all, smart play. I have nothing against someone who loses because someone else outplays them. I do, however, flame the fuck out of people for just being stupid.

So the first thing that I did was look for a co-host with a general idea in mind. I first had Haze helping but he got dropped quickly since no work went into the game. None. I then found Excellen who might have been a bit peeved at the way I offed him back in Death Note Mafia but whatever, right?

Then we got down to brainstorming the game. Our original idea was going to be similar to an NOC game that was recently hosted on Smogon. 5 mafias would exist but each would believe that they were the only Mafia team that existed. However, we would flavour the game so that nobody would realize that this was the case until a couple days in. Hence Bullshit Mafia.

A little down the line, Papermole (or Moleblade) managed to accidentally call my bluff and guessed the format of the game. Which meant back to the drawing board. I then looked at two other old Smogon games (Time Travelling Viking Mafia and Metroidvania Mafia) and decided to merge the two into a single game with completely random flavour. The result was Bullshit Mafia.

Now, I just want to speak about those two mafia games. Metroidvania was based around 3 factions and the collection of info, whether it was correct or incorrect. And each faction had a mole, surprise surprise. The way that the moles got themselves integrated into the factions was the "You know X is Y" system that I put into the PMs. To me, this gives the moles a fair shot of collecting info. However, vonFiedler (host of that game) mentioned that he made a mistake with not restricting the moles. He wanted the moles to work more like quiet saboteurs, forcing factions to make wrong mistakes and have wrong info collected. I'll mention the moles in a bit.

TTV Mafia was a 2v1v1 game (2 Village, 1 Mafia and 1 Secret Mafia Faction) that utilized Aliases. I thought aliases were brilliant because they not only gave a player a second life but it also meant that killing a User might not be as beneficial as killing their Alias. I guess it's also relevant to know that I was the first complete casualty of said game but that's because I started playing hard from the get-go and got destroyed by one of my buddies.

So those were the two games that Bullshit Mafia was based around. After that, balance and flavour came into play. Each faction was given their own designated Killer who needed to stay alive in order to allow their faction to kill every night/day. In addition, each faction had a Mole would would appear to be part of another faction upon inspection of either USER or ALIAS. The mole would only be revealed upon the corresponding death (if it was tied to the USER, it would be exposed when USER died and vice versa for ALIAS). After that came certain roles. I'll quickly mention them in a list here.

• BG - I felt that every faction needed one. To me, it only seemed fair. Bodyguards are completely essential to any mafia game.
  • Information - Three different info roles existed. Alliance Checkers, Alias Checkers and Investigators. Investigators would only get the role while Alliance would get Faction Name and Alias would get Alias (or USER). These were split up depending on how strong I felt a faction was.
  • Vote Altering Roles - A bunch of these existed. Persuader, Silencer, Kidnapper, Mayors and Vote Negators. Since this game didn't really have priorities, Kidnapper obviously was very strong (Hook and Silence in a single role) and I also felt that Vote Negators were possibly overpowered. While the target wasn't silenced, they'd have no knowledge of their vote not counting. This could result in some very fucked up lynches in the mid and endgame.
  • Miscellaneous Roles - Everything else falls under this category. Evil Twins gained a power upon the death of the other one, the Continues reigned havoc, Revive got lynched on Day 1 and everything else is pretty standard (Martyr, SG, Reverse Martyr, Hooker...).

And then the sign-ups went up and shit got crazy.

Moles:

I feel I deserve an apology to the five moles. That's Rein, Paper, Eclipse, JB and Pika. While I did restrict what they could do and what they couldn't do, what I'm really sorry about is the fact that I flaunted the "Moles exist" rule in everyone's faces. If you think you had a hard game, these 5 players had it even worse. I can't find a bad thing to say about any of their play (except Rein's deadtalking) since without any of them, the game would have collapsed into stupidity.

So, to you guys, I'm incredibly sorry. I handpicked you guys to be the moles (I actually did) and even though everyone else was on a witchhunt to find you guys, you all played pretty well. Including Rein (aside from, once again, his deadtalking). Thanks a lot, I really appreciated it.

Factions:

Here's my take on each faction. Both the strength of the roles and the team itself. I can't say what the people actually did during the game since I completely lost track once my inbox would routinely fill up to 100 new PMs in about an hour but... yeah. The teams were RNG'd but certain players were picked for roles within the factions. But this should sum up everyone's thoughts...

Also <3 Haze, too bad this is probably way too mean to post in the main thread.

[3:42:50 PM] Haze: Bullshit Mafia Faction Tier List:

TOP TIER.

Crazy Casayas

EVERYONE HATES US TIER.

Animal Legion

MY EBOYFRIEND IS IN ANOTHER FACTION LET'S ALLY WITH THEM TIER.

Latter Day Rennaisance Men

MY BROTHER IS IN ANOTHER FACTION I'M GOING TO SELL OUT MY FACTION TO HIM AND MAKE THEM HIS BITCH TIER.

God's Bowling Buddies

HYPOCRITES CONTROLLING THREE FACTIONS TIER.

Skillz that Killz

Crazy Casayas - The winners and my favourite faction going into this game. These guys were absolutely stacked from the player point of view. I picked Paper to be the mole and he was on a roll while he lived. Psych made it to the end of the game after subbing in for Rody while SStS, Kaoz and RD rounded out the team. SDS subbed in for Kaoz but died that phase so... yeah.

The roles were pretty decent too. SStS had the obligatory BG along with a Mayor, Psych was a half Mayor and Alliance Checker, Kaoz was Silencer/Hooker and RD was Investigator/Killer. Paperblade had one of my favourite role combinations in Mole/Evil Twin and he managed to kill his twin (Eclipse) pretty early. The prize was a 1 Time Day Continue, which effectively skipped the ensuing night. I remember people going "WTF" when it happened and I also remember Paper using it to skip enemy kills. Slightly epic since people raged.

God's Bowling Buddies - Remember how Eclipse was moaning about her faction being horrible? Let's have her explain the situation. I should have two golden quotes to sum up her thoughts.

clipseykitty: It's too early to be drinking, but something is serioulsy wrong when the next-most intelligent person in this faction is Slayer.
<clipseykitty> Must not kill own team mate. . .must not kill own team mate. . .

<Life> That would be lulz

<clipseykitty> For you, and probably everyone else.

<Life> Might as well share this with you.

<Life> Kill attempts, however, will still succeed.

<Life> How did Spykor die?

<Life> I thought I protected him

<clipseykitty> Huh?

<clipseykitty> That moron didn't read his role!

<Life> HAHAHAHA

<clipseykitty> OMFG. . .help. . .

<Life> You're a safeguard. You protect malicious actions that are NOT kills.

<Life> Way to read your role PM properly.

<clipseykitty> By that, I mean I'm tempted to tell Snike to finish me off.

<Life> Enjoy?

<clipseykitty> I'd enjoy it more if I didn't have to deal with two moles in my faction!

Roles weren't half bad. Eclipse had Mole/Evil Twin but lost her power early. Hooker, Vote Negator, SG and Investigator makes up for the rest of the shit that they had. Honestly, God's Bowling Buddies had a good chance before the game started. Afterwards... well... yeah.

Animal Legion - Eh... I didn't have high hopes for this faction but I definitely got surprised. Pika was hilarious to watch while Haze, Bal and WoMC were quite decent. Kevin's Freezer role was awesome if only for the flavour. The rest of the roles made for a pretty decent faction with 1 Night Continue being their trump card. This faction could have had the game won on a very well placed Night Continue but Haze almost got himself lynched on Day 1 (which was kinda funny).

Skillz That Killz - AKA the faction that couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot. If there was any faction that disappointed me the most, it was these guys. While everyone thought that Proto was running the show, the honest truth was that.. Kay was using him as her little bitch. FTP crippled them beyond belief and Kay basically finished them off when she was done milking them for all they were worth. Which was sad because these guys had what I consider as the strongest faction role-wise. Kidnapper, 1 Time Revive, Best Info Combo (Alias and Investigator)... it was sad that they got shanked so hard and so easily by just about everyone else.

Latter-Day Renaissance Men - I'm going to say this right now. If Kay didn't exist, this faction could consider themselves absolutely fucked. Kay was the only reason why they even stayed in the game. They also had the weakest selection of roles so... yeah, these guys pretty much sucked balls. Except for Kay.

Other Hilarious Shit:

I just found out Psych's role. His lynch vote counts as 1.5, but more importantly he can find users factions.

We have to kill him.

Umm... by now, everyone knows everyone's faction and even who the moles are. Way to be 10 steps behind, Spykor.

Awesomest post restriction this game

This night, someone walked up to you and slammed you with a posting restriction:

Any posts you make in the BS mafia thread must be all or part of a Shakespearean poem of your choice with all the blank lines removed followed by an empty line and the phrase "Such are my considerations.".

Any additional information you want to include in your posts must be in white text after one of the lines of the poem with no more than 5 words after each line.

Also, you can't ever say the word "I" in the white text.

e.g.

O mistress mine, where are you roaming? Whoever gave me this post

O stay and hear! your true-love's coming restriction is a huge faggot

That can sing both high and low; and me hopes they die

Trip no further, pretty sweeting, a thousand miserable deaths wrought

Journey's end in lovers' meeting-- with pestilence and famine and

Every wise man's son doth know. whatever terrible things me imagines!

Such are my considerations.

(click and drag over the poem to reveal the rest)

Additionally any names that appear in the poems must be replaced with an alias of your choice and any aliases in the white text must be replaced with a player's name of your choice.You are not allowed to say you are restricted in your posts and you are also not allowed to edit them. This post restriction will last until you can get it off, which is in two phases from now.

And I forgot to add that one word in the shakespearean poem must be replaced by "moo"

Blitz: How did Spykor die?

I thought I protected him

Life: You're a safeguard. You protect malicious actions that are NOT kills.

Way to read your role PM properly.

Blitz: I thought kills were part of malicious activities and the part about killing was lynching.

Life: You mean you thought that the "Kills will still succeed" meant that "Kills will not succeed"?

This is my favourite conversation to date.

To Excellen:

I'm really sorry about making you doing the last week's updates solo. The timezone more than sucked for me (we're talking 4 AM here) so you have my eternal gratitude for picking up the slack. You were one of the better co-hosts I've ever had so thank you so much. A lot of this game wouldn't have existed without you. So for that, thank you very much.

Awards will come soon but...:

MVP - Kay. She was miles and away the best player of the game. While Eclipse did do the same and held her faction together, Kay didn't just hold her faction together but also used a couple others to be her scapegoats. It may have been the best SF Mafia performance I've ever seen. Fucking beautiful.

Edited by Kitty Admiral

Congrats to Kay for getting MVP.

I want to apologize to the rest of CC for being not very active and to SDS for not preparing a better position for him, though I guess it still worked out in the end.

puts Kay higher on kill priority list

God's Bowling Buddies - Remember how Eclipse was moaning about her faction being horrible?

Sorry about that, although the reason why I had to be subbed out so early was somewhat amusing if you consider JB's role as Slipknot were playing at Sonisphere and all.

A bit of a clusterfuck? No, this was a full-blown mess. One day, Life, you will be in the exact same position that I was. Unlike me, you won't fuck up your own suicide.

I was expecting Eclipse to die... I was surprised she never did :mellow: I also kept forgetting to send my actions, as well as hooking a team member with it because i didn't know his alias and i decided to go RNG that first night. :facepalm:

Personally, I think I was doing fine until /somebody/ decided that they wanted me dead. dry.gif Was it Frosty?

Paperblade told me to tell Frostbite to kill you, since your role would've allowed you to control the lynch if you were allowed to live any longer.

What was so great about Lightning's play, though? He got found out and lynched by us Day 1.

Paperblade told me to tell Frostbite to kill you, since your role would've allowed you to control the lynch if you were allowed to live any longer.

What was so great about Lightning's play, though? He got found out and lynched by us Day 1.

b.,mnsbfjlbvsdfljgmabn .gkl

:dry:

As you might have noticed, I was already trying to control everything, my role really didn't matter, it was just a backup.

Basically, when I was subbed in, I tried to align myself with Clipsey, then I tried to talk to the other groups and figure out what their thoughts were. This didn't completely work, but it was a decent effort.

According to Life, it would have been good if I hadn't gone to Haze and said "Hey, I'll get the lynch off you if you vote for Rein," because it might have been me getting axed

I was bad in this game and I don't really have an excuse for it. Sorry, StK.

I'll make sure not to join another multifaction game, as not only am I not very good at them, but I also simply don't enjoy them.

I was bad in this game and I don't really have an excuse for it. Sorry, StK.

I'll make sure not to join another multifaction game, as not only am I not very good at them, but I also simply don't enjoy them.

Rayray. . .sorry I didn't get to talk to you much. Things might have gone smoother otherwise.

Yeah, I played pretty bad in here. I fail horribly at OC games, and a multi-faction one is even worse. I still understand don't how anyone could think that I was even capable of manipulating two other factions. Still though, I enjoyed playing it a lot and I think the game was designed really well. Though I think it might have also gone on for too long, since the players seemed pretty bored near the end.

Also, I wanna congratulate CC for winning the game, and Kay for the MVP award. I always thought that CC had the advantage but I didn't think they would be able to keep it up all the way to the end. And yeah, I actually suspected that Kay might be the MVP, so it looks like I wasn't the only one who noticed that she was playing really well. Congratulations, Kay! You deserve it!

Edited by Kiku-Ichimonji

*finally reads the spreadsheet*

Why the fuck does CC have a mayor, a tiebreaker, AND a silencer? Did you really want to give them that much control over the votes?

You're not to blame.

I kinda am. . .because I found time to talk with Snike. . .things probably would've went way smoother if I had talked to you, too.

My faction would've been in trouble, no matter what.

Edited by Clipseykitty

I messed up this game.

... Yeah, Captain Obvious here, but there's really not much of an excuse for my fumbles. I need to stop talking to Paperblade, clearly.

I'd like to apologize to my team, Proto and Snike especially,. I could've handled my situation far better, but that didn't really happen and I said too much and that came back to hit you in the face. Sorry. :/:

Kaoz should be MVP for getting half of LDRM modkilled for breaking silence, imo

also

[spoiler=D1 Lynches][20:59] <Paperkitty> also I'm pretty sure that Haze was Jean-Robert in IRC yesterday

[21:00] <Radiant> I wouldn't put it past him. He was online at the time, but not in IRC.

[21:00] <Radiant> I wonder what he hopes to gain by that, though?

[21:00] <Paperkitty> he was also talking about proxy troubles in ipchat at the same time

[21:00] <Paperkitty> [20:54] <Hazekitty> Playing in a mafia game that forces me into the weakest aspect of my mafia game right off the bat how about you?

[21:00] <Paperkitty> [20:54] <Paperkitty> what, fakeclaiming?

[21:00] <Paperkitty> [20:55] <Hazekitty> No, I'm actually fairly good at that when I'm not milking a jokeclaim for my own amusement ala MotG

[21:00] <Paperkitty> [20:55] <Clipseykitty> Being nice to everyone~!

[21:00] <Paperkitty> [20:55] <Hazekitty> Yes, what Eclipse said

[21:00] <Radiant> Yeah, I remember that.

[21:00] <Paperkitty> he gets to be a dick (which he was being)

[21:00] <Paperkitty> also as Rody said, /whowas said he was Oliver

[21:01] <Paperkitty> and Haze did the same thing as Oliver in FE10

[21:01] <Paperkitty> speaking of Rody I should try to pump him for info

[21:01] <Paperkitty> when he gets on

[21:01] <Radiant> Do we still want to lynch his alias?

[21:01] <Paperkitty> we can

[21:01] <Radiant> Who else should we lynch Day 1 in a multifaction game?

[21:01] <Paperkitty> Raymond

[21:02] <Paperkitty> Obviam

[21:02] <Paperkitty> the host

[spoiler=Dodging Questions][19:04] <Kitty-Ichimonji> So, uh, SilentShaman

[19:04] <Paperblade> Yeah?

[19:04] <Kitty-Ichimonji> Do you anything about her?

[19:04] <Paperblade> ... Is there a word missing from that sentence?

[19:05] <Kitty-Ichimonji> No

[19:05] <Kitty-Ichimonji> Should there be?

[19:05] <Paperblade> I assume you meant to say "Do you know anything about her?"

[19:05] <Kitty-Ichimonji> Oops

[19:05] <Paperblade> ;/

[19:05] <Kitty-Ichimonji> Yeah, sorry about that

[19:05] <Kitty-Ichimonji> Do you know anything about her?

[19:05] <Paperblade> Not at the moment

[19:06] <Kitty-Ichimonji> By anything, I mean, anything

[19:06] <Paperblade> She's a girl.

[19:06] <Paperblade> and has a Marisa avatar

[19:06] <Paperblade> (are we still talking about Bullshit Mafia)

[19:06] <Kitty-Ichimonji> yeswearetalkingaboutmafia

[19:06] <Paperblade> ok

[19:07] <Kitty-Ichimonji> Wait, she has a Marisa avatar?

[19:07] <Paperblade> yeah

[19:07] <Paperblade> she changed it from Lance

[19:07] <Paperblade> FE8 Marisa

[19:08] <Kitty-Ichimonji> Lance being FE6 or Pokemon?

[19:08] <Paperblade> unless she changed it again

[19:08] <Paperblade> Lance being pokemon

[19:08] <Paperblade> ;/

[spoiler=Obviam for mole][21:47] <Paperkitty> you're gonna love this

[21:47] <Paperkitty> Guess who BK's contact is

[21:47] <Paperkitty> (not Proto)

[21:55] <SirKitty> Why are you telling me it's not Proto?

[21:55] <Paperkitty> ;/

[21:55] <SirKitty> Okay, I am disappointed, you're right.

[21:55] <Paperkitty> You suck at this guessing thing

[21:55] <SirKitty> oh wait

[21:55] <SirKitty> please don't let it be emily

[21:55] <Paperkitty> No

[21:56] <Paperkitty> although you're on the right track

[21:56] <SirKitty> thank goodness.

[21:56] <SirKitty> eclipse?

[21:56] <Paperkitty> nope

[21:56] <SirKitty> Obviam?

[21:56] <Paperkitty> Yes

[21:56] <SirKitty> maybe he's a mole.

[21:56] <SirKitty> can i kill him?

[21:56] <Paperkitty> >_>

[21:56] <Paperkitty> You really want to believe he's not really with us, do you

[21:57] <SirKitty> Yep.

[21:57] <SirKitty> maybe clipsey will kill him.

[21:57] <Paperkitty> =(

[21:57] <Paperkitty> Maybe

Edited by Paperkitty

Yay for getting half the team modkilled.

You're welcome.

Kaoz should be MVP for getting half of LDRM modkilled for breaking silence, imo

Naw, I just wanted to make up for the first few days where I didn't do anything.

Kaoz is so good that he causes others to transcend the rules, too.

I'll take that as a compliment.

[19:07] <Kitty-Ichimonji> Wait, she has a Marisa avatar?

[19:07] <Paperblade> yeah

[19:07] <Paperblade> she changed it from Lance

[19:07] <Paperblade> FE8 Marisa

[19:08] <Kitty-Ichimonji> Lance being FE6 or Pokemon?

[19:08] <Paperblade> unless she changed it again

[19:08] <Paperblade> Lance being pokemon

[19:08] <Paperblade> ;/

proto proto proto

I investigated Psych.

WE HAVE TO KILL HIM.

Dear Rody 7Psych, you are Duck Chaser.

You are the infamous Duck Chaser, Chaser of Ducks. Hillbilly, trailerpark trash that grew up in the swamps of Mexico.

Because you're a duck hunter protecting the galaxy against the villainous ducks, your vote for lynch will count as 1.5 votes.

Because you grew up in the foggy swamps of Mexico, you learned to tell people's faction by their scent. During the night, you may send a PM to Life and Excellen with "Night X - Smell <USER>" in your message. At the beginning of the next phase, <USER>s faction will be revealed to you.

You know that <SNIP> is <SNIP>.

Your alias is <SNIP>.

You are allied with the <SNIP>. You win if your faction is the last one standing.

Finding out peoples factions = BAD.

From what I thought Spykor were only trying to bother JB

and don't forget that JB was the biggest backstabber for LDRM since he ACTUALLY asked us to kill BOTH Bruce(BK-201) and Heidi(Pariah)

From what I thought Spykor were only trying to bother JB

and don't forget that JB was the biggest backstabber for LDRM since he ACTUALLY asked us to kill BOTH Bruce(BK-201) and Heidi(Pariah)

I don't trust anything you said simply because of the conversation we had. You know, the one where you were accidentally selling out your own faction and you reading your own role wrong.