Fire Emblem 12 ~Heroes~ Translation Project

Are you guys planning on releasing partial patches for us to try out, or are you waiting until the game is fully translated before releasing it?

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys planning on releasing partial patches for us to try out, or are you waiting until the game is fully translated before releasing it?

I played once with the untraslated game but for the 2nd Playground I'll wait for the fully translated one... But I check the blog once a week to see what it did since my last visit...

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help me out? I can't seem to find a good rom, whenever download one, I get this screen when I open with no$GBA:

242e99f.png

I also get this screen when I patched the rom and then I can't do anything...

I know you're not allowed to say where to download a working rom, but can you tell if a working rom -for the patch- has a special 'code' or so in its file name so I can look it up via google.

Aha, it worked :D (I have never used No$GBA before, I lend my flash card to a friend and I haven't got it back since :P)

By the way, if I may go a little off topic, how did Blazer record his on-screen progress? If I ever get to the final boss I'd like to capture that...

Edited by Quirino

desmume might have better auto-save detection. no$gba was never very good about it... and apparently hasn't been worked on (publicly) for some time now. You should give desmume a try anyways, as it's more up-to-date (from what I've heard, I hardly dabble in DS emulation :x ).

I gave Desmume a try, it has better audio (No$'s audio is really bad...) but there's no video, just a gray (or grey, what is the right spelling?) screen. If I can get it to work I might keep on using this one, though, as it has good sound.

edit: never mind the sound, it's still bad... Might just be my audio drivers as well. Looks like I'll be using no$ anyways.

edit 2: No$ freezes after the meeting with the purple-haired girl. I'll just demand my flash card back :P

Edited by Quirino

Desmume should work but if it's not try the following:

- set the save type to something else

- have the ROM patched for AP

- redownload Desmume

if none of that works PM me and I'll see if I can find some settings to tweak to figure it out

We're not translating at the speed we'd like, to say the least. Thus I'm starting up my search for translators again. We need a Japanese to English translator with a good amount of experience and time, preferably 8 hours a week at minimum, though the more the merrier. If you are one or know anyone who could help us translate, please tell us, noting that there will be proofers and localizers to make the process as easy as possible for the translators. Also if we can get more than one more translator (I'd like a total of 4 and we have 2) that would be the best--just throwing that out there because most of the time I only expect 1-2 translators to actually be available and working. XP

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

You might be interested in HHHIII, he did the translations for Fire Emblem 1, I don't know if he feels like doing it. He did a wonderful job translating FE1 and he was very fast :) But he hasn't been online since august 4 and I can't contact him any other way. It might be worth sending him a message if he shows up once again, though.

Also there's another issue, I managed to get my flash card back and I get the same screen as the one posted earlier in this topic. Does someone know how to solve it on a flash card, it's a M3DS card if that helps... Thanks very much in advance. I hope I can play it on my DS at least...

@Strawhat Luffy: I'll check Desmume right now.

I use a Supercard DSTWO which has an autopatching system IIRC, but even though I'm not familiar with any other flashcarts I'm guessing you'd have to find a ROM patched with an anti-piracy patch (AKA "AP patch") or update your firmware or something. That's really not something we can help you with though... due to restrictions set by rules (or at least in general it's taboo to talk about ROM sharing and sometimes even some flashcart stuff, even if it's not taboo here) it's something you'll have to research on your own. :\

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

Are you playing on a DSi, 3DS, or the DSlite/original brick? You might be seeing the DSi region lock if you're on the DSi system. I dunno though, 'cause I played it on a DSlite. The screen looks like a generic save error screen though (not as in, it says that, but pretty much any screen that comes up like that and under these conditions is a save error). Is your flashcard relatively old/unsupported? You might need to manually tell the flashcart what kind of save size/type to use, just as you would have had to do in no$gba.

Edited by Celice

I gave Desmume a try, it has better audio (No$'s audio is really bad...) but there's no video, just a gray (or grey, what is the right spelling?) screen. If I can get it to work I might keep on using this one, though, as it has good sound.

edit: never mind the sound, it's still bad... Might just be my audio drivers as well. Looks like I'll be using no$ anyways.

edit 2: No$ freezes after the meeting with the purple-haired girl. I'll just demand my flash card back :P

DeSmume SHOULD Work. (I would know... It works well for me.)

I would help a little more but I fail at stuff like that

It's a DSLite, so there should be no problems concerning the regionlock. I do not have the newest firmware on my flash card, though. That might help... And as far as I know I cannot manually tell what kind of save size/type to use. The game first loads for a split second (the Nintendo Logo appears on the upper screen and I believe the Intelligent System logo on the bottom screen) and then the message comes up, so it's not like it can't read the game at all...

Also the AP patch won't work in combination with the translation patch, right?

It would be so much easier if the game just got released here...

Edited by Quirino

Most people don't know what save type off the top of their head. But any good emulator/flashcart will have a list of eight, twelve save "types" usually used. You should be able to just pick one, restart, pick another, restart, until you get the right one to boot with. It's probably a bit faster to do this part on the emulator, as you don't have to wait for your DS to reset. It'll be as slow as you can click stuff :newyears:

My savesize was 512K.

It works already on my flash card... By putting a completely different software on it. But it works anyway, thanks for the help everyone!

Thanks a lot for the translation patch! And is it a bug of my flash card that only the first character of the name shows up when someone is talking or is it normal? I know it's been fixed in the newest version (according to Blazer's videos on YouTube). For example my unit is called 'K' instead of 'Klaas' and Jagen is named 'J'.

Yeah, it's a bug from the game. The Japanese version has a bug in one of the routines that prevents lowercase English symbols from displaying. We had to get help from somebody who knew assembly to fix that.

Edited by VincentASM

Oh and to be clear it's only fixed in our personal patch, it's still in the public patch. Our personal patch with everything fixed won't be released until the whole game is done though so for now you'll have to deal with it. (just wanted to clarify what Vincent said there in case someone didn't understand)

By the way, I noticed you used 'Caeda' instead of 'Shiida'. Does the patch also use other NOA names like 'Navarre' instead of 'Nabarl' and 'Archanea' instead of 'Akaneia'? Is it an idea to also make a patch with the NOE names then? For the players who are used to those names. It won't make too much of a difference, but it might be helpful.

We follow the NoA localization (i.e. use NoA's Shadow Dragon localization's names) , and will be using American English as well. We will not promote anything else but people will be free to make their own versions after ours is finished. People will have to get used to the name changes but making things separate will only cause more confusion and disunity, which as I said, we are not going to endorse or promote.

Quick question.

What does Belf and Vergil have in common? Aside from the letter "e"? Sounds like the absolute dumbest name change I've ever heard in my life.

Quick question.

What does Belf and Vergil have in common? Aside from the letter "e"? Sounds like the absolute dumbest name change I've ever heard in my life.

Bel and Ver can be the same in Japanese, actually.

Bel and Ver can be the same in Japanese, actually.

Can be or are? Because I seem to remember dondon saying that they were nothing alike.