[FE9] Core's FE9 Draft

Deliriyum

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see many problems. The first is that I think Kieran gets too many levels. Oscar will get to chapter 11 and will probably be at a lower level than 15 with just 3 levels from bexp. I know Oscar has earlier in the game to contribute, but Titania roflstomps most of it and with Kieran's already superior offence

Also, marcia is now hopelessly lost against Jill. From bexp alone, Marcia can get to level 8. Jill can get to level 11. That means Marcia must get 3 levels just to be at the same level as Jill, and without the bexp, her combat most certainly isn't stellar. So now Jill just blows everyone away.

Also, Boyd might end up a little underlevelled for someone with 7 mov, and Lethe's combat may never be able to be sustained at all. Let alone Janaff and Ulki, who will definitely become unusable.

I see many problems. The first is that I think Kieran gets too many levels. Oscar will get to chapter 11 and will probably be at a lower level than 15 with just 3 levels from bexp. I know Oscar has earlier in the game to contribute, but Titania roflstomps most of it and with Kieran's already superior offence

Also, marcia is now hopelessly lost against Jill. From bexp alone, Marcia can get to level 8. Jill can get to level 11. That means Marcia must get 3 levels just to be at the same level as Jill, and without the bexp, her combat most certainly isn't stellar. So now Jill just blows everyone away.

Also, Boyd might end up a little underlevelled for someone with 7 mov, and Lethe's combat may never be able to be sustained at all. Let alone Janaff and Ulki, who will definitely become unusable.

I'm fine with everything, except I feel Jill should only get 1 level.

Marcia has four chapters to catch up to Jill, since Jill likely won't be doing anything in chapter twelve. That's plenty of time and plenty of levels if played right. She's just fine. Kieran is too high I agree, one level is probably enough for him as well.

Boyd is just fine, he might have 7 move but no matter how many levels you give him it won't change that. Also, he's certainly not going to be underleveled with all the chapters he has to himself to gain exp. There isn't a single chapter that he can't see decent combat just because Titania is there. I usually have my Boyd ~14 come chapter 8.

Lethe's combat is garbage anyway, and she'll fall behind midgame and lategame anyway due to her poor strength and mt. Janaff and Ulki also have terrible combat either way, but I wouldn't say they're unusable since I used Janaff in my last draft and Ulki in a previous one. You're seriously underestimating flight. So it's not like those guys not having bexp matters much.

Chapter Character 	BEXP
8   	Ike         			+0.X
       Boyd            +0.X
       Oscar       			+1.X
       Rhys            +4.X
       Soren       			+3.X
       Mia         			+3.X

9   	Ilyana          +3.X
       Mist            7/-
       Rolf            8/-

10      Lethe       			-/11
       Mordecai        +0
       Marcia          +3.X
       Volke       			12/-

11      Kieran          14/-
       Brom            13/-
       Nephenee        12/-

12      Zihark          14/-
       Sothe       			9/-

13      Jill            +2.X

14      Astrid          +6.X
       Gatrie          +2.X

15      Makalov     			+5.X

16      Muarim          +0
       Tormod          14/-
       Stefan          +0

17      Danved          +4.X

18      Tanith          +0
       Janaff          11/-
       Ulki        	10/-
       Reyson          +0

19      Shinon          -/8
       Calill          -/8

22      Tauroneo        +1.X

23      Ranulf          -/10

24      Haar            +1.X

25      Lucia       			+2.X
       Bastian     			+2.X
       Geoffrey        -/13
       Largo       			-/11

26      Elincia     			-/10

28      Ena         			14/-

I editted a few of them, does this look better? I also took out Nasir because nobody will probably use him

Edited by Core

Marcia and Jill are still the same, which is my main problem. Also, 0.X for Lethe doesn't matter when Lethe starts at the base of 10.

Marcia has four chapters to catch up to Jill

She won't be doing much in 9, and 3 levels in 3 chapters is hard when your combat sucks. (That is, of course, assuming we don't stealth 10 because of bexp restrictions). I don't even think 3 levels is good enough considering that Jill is better at the same level as Marcia because of better durability and atk.

Boyd is just fine, he might have 7 move but no matter how many levels you give him it won't change that.

But it can give him more durabiltiy, which makes up for it in chapters where mov matters less.

Lethe's combat is garbage anyway, and she'll fall behind midgame and lategame anyway due to her poor strength and mt. Janaff and Ulki also have terrible combat either way, but I wouldn't say they're unusable since I used Janaff in my last draft and Ulki in a previous one. You're seriously underestimating flight. So it's not like those guys not having bexp matters much.

In a normal draft, Lethe's combat can be sustained well into midgame. And I know that Janaff is good in drafts, which is why I argued him up to lower mid in the tier list, but he was only good because bexp let him become good. Let's face it, both his and Ulki's starting combat sucks and a level or two defintiely improves performance. Considering they already join late, it only makes sense to help make them at least decent when they're around instead of just good fight.

Edit: I'd like Jill.

Edited by kirsche

I'd be interested in doing a draft for this game.

I've never been i n a draft before though, what do I need to know before I go into this

We already have the maximum 5 participants, sorry.